On 10/14/2021 at 5:22 PM, gregaaz said:

Found the problem! The KS Hairs patch reverts changes from more recent versions of TOH. I'll need to patch the records and I'm confident that'll fix the voice issues.

image.png.dac325aca2798ba8f60b4f2a7417cf51.png

What is the solution for people on this?  I have no idea how to edit patches or anything remotely lose to that technical. 

Is there anything that can be done or is it just choosing between TOH voice packs and KS Hairs?  I think a lot of my mods have KS Hairs as a requirement. 

3 hours ago, ttts1 said:

What is the solution for people on this?  I have no idea how to edit patches or anything remotely lose to that technical. 

Is there anything that can be done or is it just choosing between TOH voice packs and KS Hairs?  I think a lot of my mods have KS Hairs as a requirement. 

The most direct solution is to patch the records in xEdit. The procedure would basically be this:

1) Load up TOH and the KS Hair patch in xEdit

2) Right click on TOH and choose 'filter for conflicts (selected files only)' -- only select TOH

3) Review each record and look for missing VTCK data. On any actors that have this problem, you can either just drag the VTCK data into the KS hair patch, or you can create a patch and combine the data there.

4) Repeat this for each conflict you find between the main TOH file and the KS Hair patch

5) Save your changes, then test in game

Filling in the blank VTCK field with the data from the main TOH plugin is all Skyrim needs to correctly look up the voiceover files.

Thank you.  I don't know anything about xEdit and don't have the time to pick it up at the moment.  If I have time in the future I may try and figure it out but I've got a long list before that. 

Your walk through will certain be helpful for a lot of people, including me if I can in the future. 

Edited by ttts1
2 hours ago, gregaaz said:

The most direct solution is to patch the records in xEdit. The procedure would basically be this:

1) Load up TOH and the KS Hair patch in xEdit

2) Right click on TOH and choose 'filter for conflicts (selected files only)' -- only select TOH

3) Review each record and look for missing VTCK data. On any actors that have this problem, you can either just drag the VTCK data into the KS hair patch, or you can create a patch and combine the data there.

4) Repeat this for each conflict you find between the main TOH file and the KS Hair patch

5) Save your changes, then test in game

Filling in the blank VTCK field with the data from the main TOH plugin is all Skyrim needs to correctly look up the voiceover files.

Maybe this method works for LE and I need another for SE?  I'm using the Merged TOH, if that matters.

I didn't know SSEEdit was the SE version of xEdit.  Not that it mattered, I've never used it before.  I may have done something wrong but SSEEdit was showing no conflicts between TOH and KSHairdos, KSHairdosSMP, and KSWigsSMP.  (I don't appear to have a KS patch and I checked Nexus and the KSHairdos file doesn't appear to have a patch on SE).  Maybe the conflict you found is an LE issue, but something is causing the same problem for me on SE.  

I did see minor conflicts with vanilla, but nothing with the KS mods.  I then looked for conflicts between TOH and all mod I have to see the ones that had NPCs conflicts.  All the conflicts where mostly graphics (not surprisingly) and I couldn't find any that had a VTCK conflict.  Appachii and other mods were clean. 

I also check the vocal TOH file for conflicts and all the files that impacted NPCs had no VTCK issue either. 

Maybe someone who knows what they're doing in SSEEdit will see something I didn't, maybe it's due to my ignorance of how to use it.

Edited by ttts1
57 minutes ago, ttts1 said:

Maybe this method works for LE and I need another for SE?  I'm using the Merged TOH, if that matters.

I didn't know SSEEdit was the SE version of xEdit.  Not that it mattered, I've never used it before.  I may have done something wrong but SSEEdit was showing no conflicts between TOH and KSHairdos, KSHairdosSMP, and KSWigsSMP.  (I don't appear to have a KS patch and I checked Nexus and the KSHairdos file doesn't appear to have a patch on SE).  Maybe the conflict you found is an LE issue, but something is causing the same problem for me on SE.  

I did see minor conflicts with vanilla, but nothing with the KS mods.  I then looked for conflicts between TOH and all mod I have to see the ones that had NPCs conflicts.  All the conflicts where mostly graphics (not surprisingly) and I couldn't find any that had a VTCK conflict.  Appachii and other mods were clean. 

I also check the vocal TOH file for conflicts and all the files that impacted NPCs had no VTCK issue either. 

Maybe someone who knows what they're doing in SSEEdit will see something I didn't, maybe it's due to my ignorance of how to use it.

Sorry if I was unclear. The issue is with the TOH KS Hair patch, which at least at one point was available on the Lab. The main KS Hair assets are fine. 

So are you getting no voiceover, and you don't have the TOH KS Hair patch, but you do have the voice pack installed? 

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

Sorry if I was unclear. The issue is with the TOH KS Hair patch, which at least at one point was available on the Lab. The main KS Hair assets are fine. 

So are you getting no voiceover, and you don't have the TOH KS Hair patch, but you do have the voice pack installed? 

Correct. 

All voice packs I've tried from both Project Echo and @DoubleCheeseburger work fine except TOH.  I don't see any conflicts in MO2 or SSEEdit.  Load order doesn't impact it (not surprising since I don't see any conflicts listed).  So I am clueless as to why it isn't working. 

From Project Echo, I've used both Body Search and Spectator Crowd and both work fine. 

7 hours ago, ttts1 said:

Correct. 

All voice packs I've tried from both Project Echo and @DoubleCheeseburger work fine except TOH.  I don't see any conflicts in MO2 or SSEEdit.  Load order doesn't impact it (not surprising since I don't see any conflicts listed).  So I am clueless as to why it isn't working. 

From Project Echo, I've used both Body Search and Spectator Crowd and both work fine. 

Interesting. And you're using the new merged version of TOH that was released recently? I'm still one version back... I'll download the new one and take a look at it. Sounds like form IDs might have changed.

EDIT -- OK, I checked 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 against the slightly older version that I'm running and it looks like the Form IDs on the dialogue line up, so that's not the problem. I'll look at a few other possible issues and follow up.

image.png.b4f89f8d43f8dfdb71bcfd761549e792.png

Edited by gregaaz

I reviewed the voice pack and I don't see any obvious "assembly required" factors. The BSA is properly named, and since you aren't crashing its safe to say it's in the proper format. 

Now it is worth noting that, last I checked, Pirve (the child you speak to at the start of the main quest) does not have voiced dialogue currently. I believe this may be because of his voice type not having a synth profile yet, but don't quote me on that. If you're getting no dialogue from him, you should try talking to a different NPC from the mod to confirm there's no sound. A few easy ones to test are Edippa (forcegreets you when you enter or try to leave the inn in Ivarstead) and the prisoner in Cidhna Mine (forcegreets you when you go down into the mine for the first time)

This looks really cool and I finally got around to trying it. I just installed the Submissive Lola Voice pack and I can confirm that it works on my end. Though, the 3.3 GB file size was a bit of a hard pill to swallow for me. Nevertheless, I believe that actually having voices can be a game changer for certain mods and  make them all the more enjoyable.

Awesome job.

Update after a couple hours of play: 

Everything was pretty smooth. There was maybe a line or two that still wasn't voiced, but that may have been a problem on my end. Also, you quickly get used to the voice's slightly weird intonation. After a solid play session, you barely notice it.

Edited by CorruptGenie

Heyho,

as the new xVA Synth v2 has the new feature of ARPAbet onboard, I thought: why not make use of it?

What is ARPAbet?

ARPAbet is a phonetic transcription code, meaning you have codes of two or three symbols that show the pronounciation of a word.

xVAsynth now is able to replace a badly spoken word with it's ARPAbet code, and thus get the word pronounced correctly!

How to help?

I've created a Google Form, where everybody may add words he came across, playing with adult mods, that are pronounced badly.

If you're interested, which words already got added, here's the table with the answers.

"Rules"

Please, only add words that are pronounced wrong or bad.

Do not add words that are used everyday (eg: "though" already is included in the ARPAbet dictionary!)

Only add words, that are specific to this community. DanRuta (the author of xVA Synth) already has built a website for "normal" Skyrim specific words.

I already added two words as examples, you can find them in the table.

It would be awesome if we could find as many words as possible, so the synthed voices can get even better!

What will be the result?

The result will be a list of words, best with their transpositions, which I could add to a ARPAbet dictionary for xVA Synth. That file then will be uploaded and updated (more or less regularly), so everybody who wants to create synthed voices for a mod can download it and doesn't need to worry about badly pronounced nasty words anymore!

@Executaball I think you already have introduced something similar, maybe we can merge those two projects?

I am currently playing through SlaveRun Reloaded on SE. Voice has been working fine so far, EXCEPT for the following three NPCs (see spoiler section). They don't seem to be "voiced". They remain silent.

Spoiler

grafik.png.c9550345d03b4b9f330af942929e3d00.png

grafik.png.15fa97f9299163774a5154889daf9edd.png

grafik.png.47585fe3dae82bf1d18cf60538484ea6.png

EDIT: for the NPC Maria the Slave Mistress, I have changed the voice type to FemaleCommander in-game with the help of the Proteus mod (available on Nexus). Now the lines are voiced. No idea why or how this works. But it did in my case. Will try this in the future when encountering the other "silent" NPCs again. Changing their voice type may help.

Edited by Gudulba
On 10/27/2021 at 8:21 AM, gregaaz said:

I reviewed the voice pack and I don't see any obvious "assembly required" factors. The BSA is properly named, and since you aren't crashing its safe to say it's in the proper format. 

Now it is worth noting that, last I checked, Pirve (the child you speak to at the start of the main quest) does not have voiced dialogue currently. I believe this may be because of his voice type not having a synth profile yet, but don't quote me on that. If you're getting no dialogue from him, you should try talking to a different NPC from the mod to confirm there's no sound. A few easy ones to test are Edippa (forcegreets you when you enter or try to leave the inn in Ivarstead) and the prisoner in Cidhna Mine (forcegreets you when you go down into the mine for the first time)

I've tried several of the NPCs (about 8 or 10) and none have voiced any lines.  I've tried two games, both new games.  So I can't figure it out. 

It doesn't seem to be causing any problems, I haven't seen any crashes and other voice mods from here are working fine as I mentioned above. 

MEGA sucks so much. Downloaded 4GB of your voice files, then it freezes a download at 68%, I exceeded the transfer allotment for my ip address, sign up for an account or wait 6hours. I have no intention of using their cloud storage, just want to download these files you offer for free, so I wait the 6 hours. Let the timer tick down thinking it would resume my download. No, it added 2 1/2 more hours. I am now at a point where I don't want to install the mods because I want to install the voice files with them.

Screw MEGA!