What is your favorite city in Skyrim?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite city in Skyrim?

• Whiterun
    • Falkreath
    • Riften
    • Windhelm
    • Winterhold
    • Dawnstar
    • Morthal
    • Solitude
    • Markarth
    • Raven Rock
  2. 2. What is your least favorite city in Skyrim?

• Whiterun
    • Falkreath
    • Riften
    • Windhelm
    • Winterhold
    • Dawnstar
    • Morthal
    • Solitude
    • Markarth
    • Raven Rock
  3. 3. What is your favorite Skyrim "town"?

• Riverwood
    • Rorikstead
    • Ivarstead
    • Shors Stone
    • Dragon Bridge
    • Karthwasten
    • Skaal Village
  4. 4. What is your least favorite Skyrim "town"?

• Riverwood
    • Rorikstead
    • Ivarstead
    • Shors Stone
    • Dragon Bridge
    • Karthwasten
    • Skaal Village

Everywhere I look there seems to be a rating for cities. Best cities in which to live. Best cities in which to retire. Best cities in which to date. So, I thought, how about doing something similar for Skyrim. The poll has four categories: 1) favorite city, 2) least favorite city, 3) favorite "town" and 4) least favorite town. I hope that you will take the opportunity to comment on your choices.

My favourite city is Whiterun. It has pleasing aesthetics and pretty much the nicest people in Skyrim. On top of that, it also features the cheapest house.

The least favourite is Riften. The city itself is pleasant, but the amount of douchebags really ruins it.

Shor's Stone is definitely my most favourite town. It's cozy, quiet and has friendly people.

As for my least favourite town, that'd be Rorikstead. All the lying and secrecy that's going on there kills that place.

Uhh.... im first vote for Riften :o...

Riften is best looking city and in best location :x... far away from stupid Nords and Imperials war...

Riften also have huge undergrounds and Thief Guild :x... and my play style is Bow / Daggers :x...

I like Falkreath for favorite its quite everyone minds there own business but, in all fairness all my towns and cities are heavily modded so they are all good. Solitude, Whiterun, Windhelm and Riften seems like a lot of douche-bags there as @Alessia Wellington has stated they ruin it. Towns always liked Iverstead as it leads to lots of good hunting ground.

Favorite city for me is Solitude i think, it just has that grand and expansive (as well as expensive lol) feeling to it. I like its cosmopolitan atmosphere which is not too dissimilar to where i live in real life.

Least favorite city for me is Morthal by far although it feels like a town rather. There's absolutely nothing to see there and very little reason to ever go there, it's literally a swamp town with an uninteresting layout.

Favorite town for me is Riverwood, i guess it being the first city you typically visit in every playthrough plays a part in that decision but i do like it's layout. I actually wish it was a little bigger and spanned across the other side of the river through board bridges.

Least favorite town for me would be a tie between Ivarstead and Karthwasten. These two places just feel so empty and uninteresting, not much even to say about them. No wonder Fastred wanted to get out of Ivarstead lol.

Most interesting city is Markarth, but if we're talking about nice places I wouldn't mind living in, it'd be either Whiterun or Solitude. I prefer Solitude a bit more, I like the idea of this enclosed city sitting on a huge stone arch, and I think its lore and people are interesting.

Least favorite city is Windhelm. It feels like a depressing, dour place, with claustrophobic architecture and unpleasant people. It does have Hjerim, which is the vanilla player home I like the best layout-wise, but the city it's in is kind of a dealbreaker.

Favorite is hard. I love all of Falkreath, Whiterun, Riften and Solitude. I have to go with Riften though, the atmosphere, the verticality of the area and the Rift in general put it a notch ahead of the others. Least favorite is easy, Markarth. It's creepy, it's really claustrophobic and just eerie. Beautiful in certain ways, but I prefer the in and out approach with it. Favorite town, gotta go Rorikstead. Open plains, a little scenic village. I know there's some shady crap going on, but eh. Least favorite, Karthwasten, for being so forgettable lol.