Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,689 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

On 8/29/2021 at 6:34 PM, VirginMarie said:

I don't have VR hardware, and that would be required for such a project, so yes I'd have to be very interested in VR. [...] So it might happen, but won't be anytime that soon.

Honestly it's just so refreshing to see a mod author show any interest in VR so I'm dropping in to say thanks and at the same time set a reminder to occasionally check if anything new has happened concerning VR support. Even if nothing comes of it, your attitude is beyond refreshing.

56 minutes ago, Testificate17185 said:

Honestly it's just so refreshing to see a mod author show any interest in VR so I'm dropping in to say thanks and at the same time set a reminder to occasionally check if anything new has happened concerning VR support. Even if nothing comes of it, your attitude is beyond refreshing.

Hehe.... my Husband still talks about getting VR hardware, keeps researching the topic. I mean its obviously going to be mainstream some day. But we don't have any now. VR I think became even more complicated with AE... like the VR versions of stuff don't work with AE is my understanding, and so SkyrimVR is getting left behind. Do you think Bethesda/Microsoft will ever bring VR back to life in Skyrim, or was AE the last edition?

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Hehe.... my Husband still talks about getting VR hardware, keeps researching the topic. I mean its obviously going to be mainstream some day. But we don't have any now. VR I think became even more complicated with AE... like the VR versions of stuff don't work with AE is my understanding, and so SkyrimVR is getting left behind. Do you think Bethesda/Microsoft will ever bring VR back to life in Skyrim, or was AE the last edition?

Just recently got my hands on a valve index and it's pretty amazing so far. Sadly most loverslab mods are a pain to get running, but stuff like CBBE 3BA and similar was a matter of half an hour with no troubleshooting required. It really is very impressive and wayy better than PSVR for example, so I can only suggest it (despite the steep price). Now if only I had some irl toys I could link with Skyrim, I saw a mod for that floating around the other day....

Anyway, I've no clue what bethesdsoft is gonna do with Skyrim VR, but so far it's afaik one of the only full open world VR games. Vanilla is a janky mess and based off an old SE version, but with a few key mods like VRIK and MageVR it's less menu hopping and more intuitive than SE or AE in my opinion. So on one hand I kinda hope they try to capitalise on that and put effort into making vanilla more playable, draw more players in, yadda yadda. On the other hand I dread the mess an update would create in the modding scene. Whatever happens happens, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Testificate17185 said:

Now if only I had some irl toys I could link with Skyrim, I saw a mod for that floating around the other day....

You can't use Toys&Love with VR, but, there's 2 ways to do IRL toys with Toys&Love...

Edited by VirginMarie
1 hour ago, eclipsewolf said:

Hey all,

I am stuck on maiden liberation, I did the quest but it still wants me to "deactivate any 2 dwemer devices" with zero quest markers/ Is this a bug or just a feature? Thank you all.

Feature. You need to remember where 2 are. The first one can be the one you just did to reach that point. The 2nd can be the one in the tower where you first meet the Dwemer ghost. To de-activate you use it again but wearing the workout plugs that got locked on you.

Having a bit of an issue with getting everything working neatly together. The first toy you get is supposed to make the DB crawl at high/max rousing, but that doesn't happen. Additionally I don't get unarmed kicking animations with the shackles.
Papyrus log is also flooded with stacks starting with

<unknown self>.fnis_aa.GetAAsets() - "FNIS_aa.psc" Line 68

or similar. Attached is a papyrus log of me starting a new game with realm of lorkhan, waiting for all the notifications to scroll through, saving, running the Toys&Love test and last running the SLaVE test (both seem to work just fine), then quitting the game.Papyrus.0.log

Maybe of note: I had nemesis installed previously but uninstalled all mods it depends on and nemesis itself before starting a new game. Now only running FNIS.
Edit: Might have fixed it by reinstalling FNIS, I'll keep an eye on it.

Edited by Testificate17185
3 hours ago, Testificate17185 said:

Having a bit of an issue with getting everything working neatly together. The first toy you get is supposed to make the DB crawl at high/max rousing, but that doesn't happen. Additionally I don't get unarmed kicking animations with the shackles.
Papyrus log is also flooded with stacks starting with

<unknown self>.fnis_aa.GetAAsets() - "FNIS_aa.psc" Line 68

or similar. Attached is a papyrus log of me starting a new game with realm of lorkhan, waiting for all the notifications to scroll through, saving, running the Toys&Love test and last running the SLaVE test (both seem to work just fine), then quitting the game.Papyrus.0.log

Maybe of note: I had nemesis installed previously but uninstalled all mods it depends on and nemesis itself before starting a new game. Now only running FNIS.
Edit: Might have fixed it by reinstalling FNIS, I'll keep an eye on it.

Yes, the log shows that FNIS was not functioning for Alternate Animations. Crawl and kicking are AAs. The love scenes worked because they don't use AAs.

Note that the log shows Nemesis was still there. Not good if you had removed it since this would indicate it not fully uninstalled which can be more problematic than it there.

When Nemesis it installed, I think it overwrites the FNIS AA, taking over control (its a horrible hack imo). So you remove Nemesis, but FNIS is still missing par of itself till you reinstalled it.

13 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

[...] So you remove Nemesis, but FNIS is still missing par of itself till you reinstalled it.

I'm reasonably sure what happened is Nemesis having overwritten FNIS.esp with it's dummy, not in a seperate output folder but directly in the FNIS installation. So yeah. Kind of a pain.
Either way it's working now ^^

On 8/2/2022 at 5:58 AM, VirginMarie said:

You can't use Toys&Love with VR, but, there's 2 ways to do IRL toys with Toys&Love...

I mean that *sounds* fun, but Skyrim has a habit of turning off the mouse the moment it detects a controller unless you disable controllers in settings (at which point GHR doesn't work anymore either)

6 hours ago, Testificate17185 said:

I mean that *sounds* fun, but Skyrim has a habit of turning off the mouse the moment it detects a controller unless you disable controllers in settings (at which point GHR doesn't work anymore either)

For my first link... you are fist to mention that as a problem (although I'm guessing you've not tried it yet). People are using it, and none have reported a problem. I had a partner in crime when we implemented, who tested it, so I mean... it does work.

For the 2nd link, I know less about it, its fairly new.

I found out - the hard way - that SLaVE has a hard conflict with Survival Mode in the foot quest - Shrine worship doesn't work.

I've tried disabling Survival Mode, but my game won't even launch if I remove the .esl. 

Is there any way around this issue?  Any mods that disable shrine costs?  Any console commands?  I like the deer skin and antlers and wouldn't mind if I were stuck with them, I mostly just want to be able to wear boots again.

Edited by toynbeeidea
31 minutes ago, toynbeeidea said:

I found out - the hard way - that SLaVE has a hard conflict with Survival Mode in the foot quest - Shrine worship doesn't work.

I've tried disabling Survival Mode, but my game won't even launch if I remove the .esl. 

Is there any way around this issue?  Any mods that disable shrine costs?  Any console commands?  I like the deer skin and antlers and wouldn't mind if I were stuck with them, I mostly just want to be able to wear boots again.

Known Mod Conflicts - SLaVE

Each of our mods has a Conflicts article like this one, linked on each download page.

If you disable a mod, Survival Mode or otherwise, you are breaking the Golden Rule.

That's how you corrupt a save, so even if it worked initially, it would be broken later on.

• VirginMarie changed the title to Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE
On 8/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, VirginMarie said:

For my first link... you are fist to mention that as a problem (although I'm guessing you've not tried it yet). People are using it, and none have reported a problem. I had a partner in crime when we implemented, who tested it, so I mean... it does work.

For the 2nd link, I know less about it, its fairly new.

Have tried it with a controller, both by just having it connected (as per the first link) and by linking it to the process via GHR. It does work, it just locks me out of using mouse and keyboard.

22 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Known Mod Conflicts - SLaVE

Each of our mods has a Conflicts article like this one, linked on each download page.

If you disable a mod, Survival Mode or otherwise, you are breaking the Golden Rule.

That's how you corrupt a save, so even if it worked initially, it would be broken later on.

This is my first time on AE, didn't know you could just turn Survival Mode off in settings natively.  I did, and it worked, thank you.

But seriously... is there any way one could otherwise keep or maintain the deer appearance?  I wound up liking it a lot more than I thought I might.  I don't even necessarily need the feet part, more the skin and antlers - those are kinda cool.

8 minutes ago, toynbeeidea said:

This is my first time on AE, didn't know you could just turn Survival Mode off in settings natively.  I did, and it worked, thank you.

But seriously... is there any way one could otherwise keep or maintain the deer appearance?  I wound up liking it a lot more than I thought I might.  I don't even necessarily need the feet part, more the skin and antlers - those are kinda cool.

The quest repeats. Has MCM settings, so you can make it happen again sooner, or later. If you don't want to lose DeerFu, just don't complete the quest.

The deer hooves come with the package. Only the skin texture can be turned on/off.

For starters thx for this great mod. But recently i installed the AE version of skyrim, so i could try all the toy mods. The issue i am having is: When Cum is applied through Sexlab the virgin tatoo on your but disappears and when it is reapplied  the cum disappears, and vise versa. I thought this could have to do with the amount of overlays defined in the skee64.ini but no matter what values i put in there it still happens. So i dont know if the changes to the skee64.ini do anything or is there a way to check how many overlays are actually active in game? Or if it got something to do with the body i am using, wich is 3ba. Or something completely different, oh and this happens no matter where on the body (face vaginal anal) the cum is applied ?

Edited by SamBooka
6 hours ago, SamBooka said:

For starters thx for this great mod. But recently i installed the AE version of skyrim, so i could try all the toy mods.

All the Toys Family is happy to work with the older SE.

Nothing wrong with going with AE, but was there something that made you think you needed to? Something in instructions confusing?

6 hours ago, SamBooka said:

The issue i am having is: When Cum is applied through Sexlab the virgin tatoo on your but disappears and when it is reapplied  the cum disappears, and vise versa. I thought this could have to do with the amount of overlays defined in the skee64.ini but no matter what values i put in there it still happens. So i dont know if the changes to the skee64.ini do anything or is there a way to check how many overlays are actually active in game? Or if it got something to do with the body i am using, wich is 3ba. Or something completely different, oh and this happens no matter where on the body (face vaginal anal) the cum is applied ?

• The tats & cum are working as intended, there's nothing to fix
  • Cum textures and Virgin tats use the same skyrim single texture. They are both not using any layers
  • If the Love scenes you are seeing are triggered by SLaVE, the are NOT sexlab scenes.. they are Toys&Love, love scenes. But it does not matter which animation framework played the scene, the cum similar (no layers) in both, but if its Toys&Love playing the scene, the handshaking between SLaVE and Toys&Love is integrated... they still can't have both tat and cum at the same time
  • You can turn off SLaVE tats in MCM if you don't like the way it works. Or you can turn off cum in both frameworks
Edited by VirginMarie
39 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Nothing wrong with going with AE, but was there something that made you think you needed to? Something in instructions confusing?

AE is the newer version of SE so ... i am a bit confused here indeed.

Also turning of the tats worked fine.

Edited by SamBooka
38 minutes ago, SamBooka said:

AE is the newer version of SE so ... i am a bit confused here indeed.

Also turning of the tats worked fine.

Yes AE is the latest. But Toys mods, and many mods, work for LE, SE, and AE.

There's a few mods that force you to use AE, but Toys is not among them.

In fact more mods exist that force you to NOT use AE, leaving many people stuck on SE for now.

Had a little trouble with the initial Shrine Love in the Temple of Dibella, so I had a look in xEdit and found two specific incompatabilities:  Both Simpler Knock and JK's Temple of Dibella overwrite SLaVE's activator.  JK's interior series is pretty popular.  I don't have any idea why Simpler Knock would even touch the shrine in the first place, though.

16 minutes ago, toynbeeidea said:

Had a little trouble with the initial Shrine Love in the Temple of Dibella, so I had a look in xEdit and found two specific incompatabilities:  Both Simpler Knock and JK's Temple of Dibella overwrite SLaVE's activator.  JK's interior series is pretty popular.  I don't have any idea why Simpler Knock would even touch the shrine in the first place, though.

I'd like to list them in Known Mod Conflicts - SLaVE. But need to find out if the solution is to place SLaVE AFTER those mods in your Load Order. Mind trying for us?

You could carefully make the Load Order change not save any game during the test, then put your load order back making sure its the same as before, so you don't end up corrupting your save. Or do it on a new profile using the save you have.