Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,671 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

19 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

I'd guess it's because your save does not match the new load order. Your mod list has changed. Maybe you managed to have the exact same mods, but are they still in the exact same order as before?

See Golden Rule.

When you nuke your mods and start from scratch, unless you miraculously end up with an identical setup (which why would you nuke in the first place then?)... you must start a new game. You've not given enough detail for me to know if this is what you did, just taking a guess.

My bet it that you don't have those problems if you start a new game, right? If you do, then you have bigger installation issues.

Thank you.

Can you add a cheat feature to bypass/complete quests?

There are some difficult or problematic quests (stuck due to bug). A bypass/complete (such as an option in the dialog like in Slaverun) would be great.

Thanks.

Edited by netwave
1 hour ago, netwave said:

Can you add a cheat feature to bypass/complete quests?

There are some difficult or problematic quests (stuck due to bug). A bypass/complete (such as an option in the dialog like in Slaverun) would be great.

Thanks.

SLaVE has a bypass option in the MCM, Misc Tab... Skip Initial Story. Its not meant for first time users. Use it only if you've done it before. For more details, read it's tool tip.

Beyond that, If I'm going to spend time, it would be to fix the "difficult or problematic quests", not provide a way to work around it.

There are some difficult or problematic quests (stuck due to bug) - I'm not aware of this. What's the problem? Perhaps I can help?

21 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Ya she's looking pretty sweet and innocent.

• Did notice SLaVe shut down the Toys curse -  What does that mean? Are you speaking of the Curse of Talos in Toy Story? Nothing can shut it down aside from chance setting in your MCM
  • hell not another ass torch! - *giggles* this one is made of ice and has a blue fire when melted! Best way to keep your warn... no?
  • So all the quest running together, I should be good? - sure. You might have some point where one quest says you need to get rid of non-removable toy to proceed, but depends and not a problem

yeah that’s kind of what I saw.  The curse of Talos was active.  I was getting random toys equipping on her body, then the moment I started SLaVe it shut that down.  I stopped seeing random toys being equipped is all.  No a big deal.  I haven’t really tested yet, or understand.  If I look at talos worshiper I’ll get a toy equipped.  Prolly not saying that right, sorry...

49 minutes ago, leesjig said:

yeah that’s kind of what I saw.  The curse of Talos was active.  I was getting random toys equipping on her body, then the moment I started SLaVe it shut that down.  I stopped seeing random toys being equipped is all.  No a big deal.  I haven’t really tested yet, or understand.  If I look at talos worshiper I’ll get a toy equipped.  Prolly not saying that right, sorry...

Curse of Talos is a little side quest from Toy Story (not from this mod, for others reading).

When a Priest of Talos has line of sight of you, there is a chance (set in Toy Story MCM), of random toy being equipped. There's only 3 of these priests in the world, and one is that annoying one in Whiterun :P You can avoid their line of sight just by sneaking.

The random chance is likely all you are seeing, plus they do need line of sight. SLaVE can't shut it down.

43 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

What does your journal entry say?

It's a translated version.

In English it's should mean that I have completed two Shrines and I can report to either one of them.

I know the first one is Clavicus Vile, but I don't know what the second one is.

8 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

That should be Nocturnal herself.  There isn't anything to do until you need to report back to her.

When I get the notification that I need to report within 7 days, I shout and Nocturnal appears.

There is no reporting/examining procedure, unlike activating Clavicus Vile which transfers me to the underground base.

When you report you need to go to a shrine you have already cleared out and worship again.  In your case you only have Vile's shrine.  The second shrine you are thinking of is Nocturnal's shrine, which is where you teleport to.  You then go to Nocturnal's shrine to finish reporting and worship there.  

I notice that you skipped the initial portion of the quest.  Unless you have played SLaVE before this is a very bad idea.  What you've really done is skipped the walkthrough of all the mechanics you are asking about now.  If you are still confused the best thing is to go back to a save from before when you skipped ahead and play through all of the introductory stuff.  The fact that you didn't is the real problem.

9 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

When you report you need to go to a shrine you have already cleared out and worship again.  In your case you only have Vile's shrine.  The second shrine you are thinking of is Nocturnal's shrine, which is where you teleport to.  You then go to Nocturnal's shrine to finish reporting and worship there.  

I notice that you skipped the initial portion of the quest.  Unless you have played SLaVE before this is a very bad idea.  What you've really done is skipped the walkthrough of all the mechanics you are asking about now.  If you are still confused the best thing is to go back to a save from before when you skipped ahead and play through all of the introductory stuff.  The fact that you didn't is the real problem.

That makes sense. Thanks.

This is my second play through. I didn't skip the first time. I didn't realize Nocturnal's shrine itself counts as one.

Do you have a coc location ID for Nocturnal's shrine? I want to quickly get to it when needed.

Thanks.

Edited by netwave
5 minutes ago, darthnoldor said:

Hi friend,

I want to restart a new game, since I want to have this mod "shout like a virgin" active immediately (also to fulfill the golden rules),

I would like to ask if there is a option to "pause" the mod or not trigger the start with the first shout.

Thanks ☺️

MCM - Misc tab - Put Story Start On Hold

[OFF] Story starts, triggered by your first shout. [ON] Story start is placed on hold, preventing most encounters. Has no effect if set after your first shout.

Note that it's "most encounters". The Word Wall, Standing Stone, and Dragon Mound love scenes will still be active (if you have any idea what those are lol :D )

29 minutes ago, leesjig said:

QUICK question.  That traveling dibella group that wants to take pc virginity...I tell them no, to teach me the erotic dance.  Those dances crack me up, so nice.  Stars come up on screen, but no music.  Should there be any dance music?  

No music.

But when Toy Story's exit from beta releases this month, you will see dancing taken next level :P

The mod doesn't seem to recognize my shouts. I've shouted dozens of times with several different shouts, nearby NPC have reacted (including some saying something about a virgin's shout being the strongest almost every time) but every time I reload the game, the mod says "awaiting your thu'um". And clicking to run the test does nothing but display the status after some delay (virgin, something about returning: n/a). I have no mods that in any way interact with shouts except this one. I'm also starting on a completely new save, and this mod and all its' components are loaded LAST out of EVERYTHING, and vortex detects no conflicts. 

How do I get the quest to launch?? Can someone tell me the name or ID of the letter you receive, or the quest ID + stage to skip to?

*Edit - I do have Estrus Charus, which does add a few shouts. But those are not the shouts I'm using to try and activate the quest

Edited by sdafsdafas
1 hour ago, sdafsdafas said:

The mod doesn't seem to recognize my shouts. I've shouted dozens of times with several different shouts, nearby NPC have reacted (including some saying something about a virgin's shout being the strongest almost every time) but every time I reload the game, the mod says "awaiting your thu'um". And clicking to run the test does nothing but display the status after some delay (virgin, something about returning: n/a). I have no mods that in any way interact with shouts except this one. I'm also starting on a completely new save, and this mod and all its' components are loaded LAST out of EVERYTHING, and vortex detects no conflicts. 

How do I get the quest to launch?? Can someone tell me the name or ID of the letter you receive, or the quest ID + stage to skip to?

*Edit - I do have Estrus Charus, which does add a few shouts. But those are not the shouts I'm using to try and activate the quest

• "clicking to run the test does nothing" - If this means the installation test in either Toys or SLaVE's MCM is failing, you have an installation problem or corrupt save. If either of these tests are failing, you can expect far more problems than just the shout not being detected. Not much is going to work
  • "name or ID of the letter you receive, or the quest ID + stage to skip to?" - never do this with SLaVE. It's quests use factors outside of stage etc. thus you will break things
  • Estrus Charus will be fine. Your issue is not shouts. You have an installation problem or corrupt save
  1. Run the installation test in both Toys MCM and SLaVE's. If either fail, follow the steps they point you to (Troubleshooting #1)
  2. Confirm that you have the failing Install Test, if you start another new game
    • Even though you started a new game, maybe you've broken the golden rule and corrupted your save after that point
    • If a new game solves the install test, most likely you will see your shout works too. Focus on the install test first

If this does not help you, for me to help further, I need to see your papyrus log. There's a "how to get a papyrus log" in the FAQs if you need it, at the same link above. For the log, we want a game session where you... startup the game.... load the save... run the install test in both Toys and SLaVE... then exit to desktop, grab that log.

Edited by VirginMarie
1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:
  • "clicking to run the test does nothing" - If this means the installation test in either Toys or SLaVE's MCM is failing, you have an installation problem or corrupt save. If either of these tests are failing, you can expect far more problems than just the shout not being detected. Not much is going to work
  • "name or ID of the letter you receive, or the quest ID + stage to skip to?" - never do this with SLaVE. It's quests use factors outside of stage etc. thus you will break things
  • Estrus Charus will be fine. Your issue is not shouts. You have an installation problem or corrupt save
  1. Run the installation test in both Toys MCM and SLaVE's. If either fail, follow the steps they point you to (Troubleshooting #1)
  2. Confirm that you have the failing Install Test, if you start another new game
    • Even though you started a new game, maybe you've broken the golden rule and corrupted your save after that point
    • If a new game solves the install test, most likely you will see your shout works too. Focus on the install test first

If this does not help you, for me to help further, I need to see your papyrus log. There's a "how to get a papyrus log" in the FAQs if you need it, at the same link above. For the log, we want a game session where you... startup the game.... load the save... run the install test in both Toys and SLaVE... then exit to desktop, grab that log.

To eliminate conflicts I started another new save w/ ONLY this mod and it's explicitly listed dependancies. Now, when I run the installation check, it says I have the wrong version of Toys installed. I installed Toys Framework LE V1.4.7, and Toys_Bodyslide_LE_UUNP_V1.0.7, and the Toys 1.4 patch does not fix the issue.

50 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

To eliminate conflicts I started another new save w/ ONLY this mod and it's explicitly listed dependancies. Now, when I run the installation check, it says I have the wrong version of Toys installed. I installed Toys Framework LE V1.4.7, and Toys_Bodyslide_LE_UUNP_V1.0.7, and the Toys 1.4 patch does not fix the issue.

If you get the message... "Shout Like a Virgin, Critical Error: Incorrect version of Toys is installed"

... it means it truly is the wrong version (or corrupt save).

Version 1.4 or higher, is the correct version. It's seeing something lower, or your save is too corrupt for it to make the call to Toys and check. We know Toys is there, because your game would not be able to startup if it were not.

Since you did not have this message before, your installation issue has gotten worse. The message will appear without running the Installation Test.

1. Can you access the Toys MCM?
  2. What version does Toys display on its MCM Setup Tab? (you will see 1.5 if the patch is installed on top of 1.4)
  3. Does Toys Installation Test run successfully?
  4. Does SLaVE Installation Test run successfully?
  5. What version of SLaVE is shown on its first MCM tab?

If you are using Vortex, try using it's purge feature, then redeploy. This has helped some people before with installation problems. Our mod managers sometimes deceive us, they can go wrong.

If this does not help you, for me to help further, I need to know answers to those questions, and I need to see your papyrus log. (see above)

Edited by VirginMarie
29 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

If you get the message... "Shout Like a Virgin, Critical Error: Incorrect version of Toys is installed"

... it means it truly is the wrong version (or corrupt save).

Version 1.4 is the correct version. It's not seeing it or your save is too corrupt for it to make the call to Toys and check. We know Toys is there, because your game would not be able to startup if it were not.

Since you did not have this message before, your installation issue has gotten worse. The message will appear without running the Installation Test.

1. Can you access the Toys MCM?
  2. What version does Toys display on its MCM Setup Tab? (you will see 1.5 if the patch is installed on top of 1.4)
  3. Does Toys Installation Test run successfully?
  4. Does SLaVE Installation Test run successfully?
  5. What version of SLaVE is shown on its first MCM tab?

If you are using Vortex, try using it's purge feature, then redeploy. This has helped some people before with installation problems. Our mod managers sometimes deceive us, they can go wrong.

If this does not help you, for me to help further, I need to know answers to those questions, and I need to see your papyrus log. (see above)

1.) Yes

2.) v1.5

3.) No, it doesn't do anything

4.) No, it says wrong version of toys

5.) v8.1b

The toys menu only appeared after the purge/redeploy and it has "ERROR" in red next to SKSE, but I am running the most recent version from steam. 

Papyrus is attached. I did add SkyUI (to see MCM), racemenu, and presets to go with racemenu (for further testing). 

Papyrus.0.log

*Edit - My installation does appear to have gotten worse, but it's a new installation. I made a new profile, removed all mods, and only installed the ones that are required plus some minimal quality of life mods. 

Edited by sdafsdafas