Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,671 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

45 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

1.) Yes

2.) v1.5

3.) No, it doesn't do anything

4.) No, it says wrong version of toys

5.) v8.1b

The toys menu only appeared after the purge/redeploy and it has "ERROR" in red next to SKSE, but I am running the most recent version from steam. 

Papyrus is attached. I did add SkyUI (to see MCM), racemenu, and presets to go with racemenu (for further testing). 

Papyrus.0.log 703.81 kB · 0 downloads

*Edit - My installation does appear to have gotten worse, but it's a new installation. I made a new profile, removed all mods, and only installed the ones that are required plus some minimal quality of life mods. 

"ERROR" in red next to SKSE - that's a show stopper. Clearly SKSE is not installed correctly thus any mod needing it has no chance of working.

But according to your log, the problem is bigger...

- 1713 Errors
- 1628 Warning messages

Its normal to have a half dozen or so errors, maybe even dozens for a big load order, but not this.

Most of these errors are coming from Devious Devices (referenced as Zad). DD needs SKSE (as does Toys and SLaVE). So we can expect these errors are from, at least mostly, not having SKSE.

BUT... I would guess that Estrus is one that you deemed non-essential and removed, yet its still there, complaining...

Example:
[11/02/2021 - 03:09:18PM] Error: Property zzEstrusQuestCore on script zzestrusinitcorescript attached to alias zzEstrusPlayer on quest zzEstrusQuest (1E004888) cannot be bound because alias zzEstrusPlayer on quest zzEstrusQuest (1E004888) is not the right type

[11/02/2021 - 03:09:18PM] warning: Property zzEstrusVictimAlias1001 on script zzestruspkgmgrcorescript attached to zzEstrusPkgMgrQuest (1E00840A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Toys is complaining about SKI_ConfigManager (SKSE or SkyUI)

Your installation needs to be nuked and start from scratch, unless you know how to go behind the scenes, and fix what your mod manager has made a mess of. 

Start with SKSE, the frameworks (like Toys, SL Aroused, Sexlab). Essentially, get just your ESMs and body mods, and their requirements confirmed working in game first. Look at your log. If a search on the word Error or Warning comes up with more than a couple dozen, its broken.

Edited by VirginMarie
14 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

"ERROR" in red next to SKSE - that's a show stopper. Clearly SKSE is not installed correctly thus any mod needing it has no chance of working.

But according to your log, the problem is bigger...

- 1713 Errors
- 1628 Warning messages

Its normal to have a half dozen or so errors, maybe even dozens for a big load order, but not this.

Most of these errors are coming from Devious Devices (referenced as Zad). DD needs SKSE (as does Toys and SLaVE). So we can expect these errors will be coming, at least mostly, by no SKSE.

BUT... I would guess that Estrus is one that you deemed non-essential and removed, yet its still there, complaining...

Example:
[11/02/2021 - 03:09:18PM] Error: Property zzEstrusQuestCore on script zzestrusinitcorescript attached to alias zzEstrusPlayer on quest zzEstrusQuest (1E004888) cannot be bound because alias zzEstrusPlayer on quest zzEstrusQuest (1E004888) is not the right type

[11/02/2021 - 03:09:18PM] warning: Property zzEstrusVictimAlias1001 on script zzestruspkgmgrcorescript attached to zzEstrusPkgMgrQuest (1E00840A) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Toys is complaining about SKI_ConfigManager (SKSE or SkyUI)

Your installation needs to be nuked and start from scratch, unless you know how to go behind the scenes, and fix what your mod manager has made a mess of. 

Start with SKSE, the frameworks (like Toys, SL Aroused, Sexlab). Essentially, get just your ESMs and body mods, and their requirements confirmed working in game first. Look at your log. If a search on the word Error or Warning comes up with more than a couple dozen, its broken.

Steam verified the integrity of SKSE and it didn't fix anything. Neither did uninstalling + reinstalling

Also, is there a quick way to nuke all downloaded mods?

19 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

Steam verified the integrity of SKSE and it didn't fix anything. Neither did uninstalling + reinstalling

I'm no expert on SKSE. Just a user of it like you. I can't support it. If Toys says its bad, its bad, that much I know. 

I don't use Steam to get SKSE. The recommended way is to get it directly from here... Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) (silverlock.org). It could just be the wrong version that  you have. If you install the wrong one, steam will just verify that the wrong one is intact.

19 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

Don't know. Never had to do it. Probably not.

The issue you probably have is files from mods have been left behind. You need to delete them, not just install stuff on top of it.

On 11/1/2021 at 8:33 PM, VirginMarie said:

MCM - Misc tab - Put Story Start On Hold

[OFF] Story starts, triggered by your first shout. [ON] Story start is placed on hold, preventing most encounters. Has no effect if set after your first shout.

Note that it's "most encounters". The Word Wall, Standing Stone, and Dragon Mound love scenes will still be active (if you have any idea what those are lol :D )

Thanks, yes I know the "most encounters" ehehehhehehe :P

It appears I'm at an impasse with the "Impassionate Waterfalls". The Dragonsbridge Jeorg one won't trigger for me, no matter what. Tried from down below, tried from above. Even tried disabling collisions (as it looked like that marker is actually slightly inside the waterfall), not sure  though that it can actually trigger with collisions disabled, at any rate that didn't help either. This is the 5th and the four before it worked just fine.

50 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

Sounds to me like you updated your SE. The Aniversary Edition is out for a few days now and with it came an update to SE that breaks SKSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/strongholdcrusader2/news/14578

I did see a mod on the Nexus a few days ago that could downgrade the game again (or so it claimed) but I can't find it anymore. Might be gone dues to some rule or another. Perhaps this can help.
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/q6mu14/wabbajacks_plan_for_the_upcoming_skyrim/

Basically what you need is the old SE binary.

33 minutes ago, Talesien said:

It appears I'm at an impasse with the "Impassionate Waterfalls". The Dragonsbridge Jeorg one won't trigger for me, no matter what. Tried from down below, tried from above. Even tried disabling collisions (as it looked like that marker is actually slightly inside the waterfall), not sure  though that it can actually trigger with collisions disabled, at any rate that didn't help either. This is the 5th and the four before it worked just fine.

If you don't see one of these pop-up message boxes...

Waterfall does not respond while wearing a chastity toy. If you have no key, you'll need to come back latter.

Waterfall does not respond while in combat or busy.

... that leaves just 3 possibilities:

1. Another mod has overwritten. Seems unlikely, unless you have a mod modifying waterfalls
  2. Corrupt save (i.e. you've broken the golden rule)
  3. Some installation issue where something has changed since this last worked

The good news is that this quest has no impact on the progress of any other part of the mod. The bad news is that if you DO have a corrupt save, it's going to reveal is ugly head, sooner or later, elsewhere.

I could have a look at your log if you like.  There's a "how to get a papyrus log" in the FAQs if you need it, at the same link above. For the log, we want a game session where you... startup the game.... load the save... run the install test in both Toys and SLaVE... try to trigger the waterfall... then exit to desktop, grab that log.

Edited by VirginMarie
23 minutes ago, Talesien said:

Sounds to me like you updated your SE. The Aniversary Edition is out for a few days now and with it came an update to SE that breaks SKSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/strongholdcrusader2/news/14578

I did see a mod on the Nexus a few days ago that could downgrade the game again (or so it claimed) but I can't find it anymore. Might be gone dues to some rule or another. Perhaps this can help.
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/q6mu14/wabbajacks_plan_for_the_upcoming_skyrim/

sdafsdafas stated Toys LE was installed. Must be using LE. Don't think it could be Anniversary Edition.

But I'm more curious about why you think it could be AE upgrading. Seems that is not a possibility yet. The link you gave, gives the date of Nov 11. Are there incidents of people getting bitten by this early? I'm not looking forward to this.

Public Service Announcement

Warning: Don't Let Steam Update your Skyrim SE to (AE) Anniversary Edition

Not relevant for LE users.

Why?... until SKSE is updated to support AE, the AE update will break SKSE, and thus most mods will not work, at all. Just by letting steam update your SE in the background, when it launches, will be breaking. The default is that this happens.

It's said that AE is coming Nov 11. The details are here. It includes suggestions on what to do to avoid the problem.

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I nuked everything, saves, mods, etc. On a new startup with only papyrus, there are 8 errors that come up that just seem to be null calls (the Unofficial Patch removes 2 of those). I installed exactly the setup you suggested (plus alternate start b/c I can't stand the carriage ride), but I can't seem to get the toys menu to show up in MCM even with the patch anymore. I've attached my load order and papyrus log. 

loadorder.txt Papyrus.0.log

26 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

I nuked everything, saves, mods, etc. On a new startup with only papyrus, there are 8 errors that come up that just seem to be null calls (the Unofficial Patch removes 2 of those). I installed exactly the setup you suggested (plus alternate start b/c I can't stand the carriage ride), but I can't seem to get the toys menu to show up in MCM even with the patch anymore. I've attached my load order and papyrus log. 

loadorder.txt 238 B · 0 downloads Papyrus.0.log 7.72 kB · 0 downloads

I see this one entry in your log...

[11/02/2021 - 06:08:12PM] error: Native static function TESTScanCellNPCsByFaction could find no matching static function on linked type MiscUtil. Function will not be bound.

This would imply that PapyrusUtil is not installed (MiscUtil is part of it). I don't know if that's your problem, but its a big clue.

PapyrusUtil comes with Sexlab. This would imply that Sexlab is not installed correctly. People often install later versions of PapyrusUtil separately. Not saying you should, as it should be fine without. Sexlab has requirements beyond base Skyrim. Not all will show up in your load order as they are not all plugins, such as skeleton. So I have no way to verify all is installed, nor do I wish to try. Check that you have all Sexlab requirements. Check that you have SkyUI.

Since Sexlab is a master to Toys, focus on Sexlab first. Get it working. Look at its last MCM tab (after it installs). Does its requirements check show everything "OK"? Can you run an animation using its Animation Editor in MCM? Until all is well for Sexlab, don't expect Toys to work. Also don't use the Toys patch as your starting point, use if only if you need it. You will not need it with a light mod load order.

Edited by VirginMarie
16 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

I see this one entry in your log...

[11/02/2021 - 06:08:12PM] error: Native static function TESTScanCellNPCsByFaction could find no matching static function on linked type MiscUtil. Function will not be bound.

This would imply that PapyrusUtil is not installed (MiscUtil is part of it). I don't know if that's your problem, but its a big clue.

PapyrusUtil comes with Sexlab. This would imply that Sexlab is not installed correctly. People often install later versions of PapyrusUtil separately. Not saying you should, as it should be fine without. Sexlab has requirements beyond base Skyrim. Not all will show up in your load order as they are not all plugins, such as skeleton. So I have on way to verify all is installed, nor do I wish to try. Check that you have all Sexlab requirements. Check that you have SkyUI.

Since Sexlab is a master to Toys, focus on Sexlab first. Get it working. Look at its last MCM tab (after it installs). Does its requirements check show everything "OK"? Can you run an animation using its Animation Editor in MCM? Until all is well for Sexlab, don't expect Toys to work. Also don't use the Toys patch as your starting point, use if only if you need it. You will not need it with a light mod load order.

Sexlab shows everything as ok once it installs. I also installed Papyrus separately, as I didn't know it came with SexLab. And I do have every required mod + the alternate start mod, as follows

fishburber67

FNIS Data

FNIS

FNIS - Creatures Pack

Fuz Ro Doh

Hall of Beginnings

PapyrusUtil

Sexlab Framework

SkyUI_5_1

Toys Framework LE V1.4.7

Toys 1.4 patch

Unofficial LE patch

XP32 Maximum Skeleton

I see no reason why Toys wouldn't be showing up in MCM, as SexLab, SexLab Aroused, and SkyUI are all showing up without error

Edit: Toys 1.4 patch was removed, and it changed nothing in game, menus, or logs. 

Edited by sdafsdafas
1 hour ago, Talesien said:

I'm using LE, not SE, as LE has more stable mods in my experience

6 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

Sexlab shows everything as ok once it installs. I also installed Papyrus separately, as I didn't know it came with SexLab. And I do have every required mod + the alternate start mod, as follows

fishburber67

FNIS Data

FNIS

FNIS - Creatures Pack

Fuz Ro Doh

Hall of Beginnings

PapyrusUtil

Sexlab Framework

SkyUI_5_1

Toys Framework LE V1.4.7

Toys 1.4 patch

Unofficial LE patch

XP32 Maximum Skeleton

I see no reason why Toys wouldn't be showing up in MCM, as SexLab, SexLab Aroused, and SkyUI are all showing up without error

Sorry, no idea. I give up.

24 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

Wow, I spent hours upon hours trying to debug this mod on LE, install SE and the same exact mods (but SE versions) and it works immediately, and with the better graphics quality of SE of course.

I'm glad your happy with it in SE.

It works just as well in LE, and in fact has been around for 5 years, originating in LE, before SE existed. Your issues in LE are not this mod.

9 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

I'm glad your happy with it in SE.

It works just as well in LE, and in fact has been around for 5 years, originating in LE, before SE existed. Your issues in LE are not this mod.

I still have no idea what was going on, I was able to get sexLab fully working (and tested with half a dozen other mods that use it in many scenarios), but no matter what files I added, I could never see the Toys menu in MCM, and the check for SLaVE never executed when clicked.

13 hours ago, sdafsdafas said:

fishburber67

FNIS Data

FNIS

FNIS - Creatures Pack

Fuz Ro Doh

Hall of Beginnings

PapyrusUtil

Sexlab Framework

SkyUI_5_1

Toys Framework LE V1.4.7

Toys 1.4 patch

Unofficial LE patch

XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Edit: Toys 1.4 patch was removed, and it changed nothing in game, menus, or logs. 

Does that list accurately reflect your load order? IIRC Sexlab Framework comes bundled with an old version of PapyrusUtil, so if the mod is after PU in your asset load order, it will break PU. Try making sure PapyrusUtil's assets load after Sexlab and see if that fixes your problem.

Never mind, I see you switched to SSE. Congratulations - I think you'll find it is much more mod friendly (as long as you dodge the AE hammer)

Edited by gregaaz
  • VirginMarie changed the title to Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE
34 minutes ago, awddawdadad said:

I played through most of this mod, but decided to stop so I could focus on the rest of the playthrough. I've mostly disabled the mod's events through the MCM, but the quests remain in the journal. Is there a way to clear the quests from the journal so I can have a cleaner list?

no

On 11/2/2021 at 3:44 PM, sdafsdafas said:

fishburber67

FNIS Data

FNIS

FNIS - Creatures Pack

Fuz Ro Doh

Hall of Beginnings

PapyrusUtil

Sexlab Framework

SkyUI_5_1

Toys Framework LE V1.4.7

Toys 1.4 patch

Unofficial LE patch

XP32 Maximum Skeleton

I was having the same problem, with Toys not appearing in the SE MCM. After hours of replacing every piece, one by one, I eventually decided try running LOOT against my mod list, and it reported my SKSE 64 was out of date. I went to https://skse.silverlock.org/ and got the current SE runtime, which is Current SE build 2.0.20 (runtime 1.5.97). Weirdly, when I went to install it, the version number of what I had was already 1.5.97. After replacing all of the SKSE 64 files (including the scripts),  LOOT was happy with it,  so I fired up a brand new game, and Toys appeared in the MCM.

Maybe that will work for you?

Edited by Atuarre

Public Service Announcement

Warning: Don't Let Steam Update your Skyrim SE to (AE) Anniversary Edition

Not relevant for LE users.

Why?... until SKSE is updated to support AE, the AE update will break SKSE, and thus most mods will not work, at all. Just by letting steam update your SE in the background, when it launches, will be breaking. The default is that this happens.

It's said that AE is coming Nov 11. The details are here... LL Post / Nexus Post.

They include suggestions on what to do to avoid the problem.

Edited by VirginMarie
4 minutes ago, sdafsdafas said:

Are we able to experience all content in one playthrough, or do we need separate playthroughs to experience each half (Dibella vs Nocturnal)? 

The intent is to easily experience all.

Some people get intent on "never losing their virginity", which can be a different experience, but will exclude you from getting to some content. If you lose your virginity, Nocturnal will always give it back to you, so you you can lose it again. Some would argue the mod is more about losing it, than keeping it.