Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

I have a mod that runs around 5 sex scenes at a time, sometimes in unloaded cells. I am using 1.59. Everything works fine as long as I don't change cells. If I leave a cell and return, characters are floating in the air in bizarre yoga poses like this:

SLError01_zps4icrjgce.jpg

It's definitely SL related as the problem only occurs once the SL scenes are underway. Now, what I can't figure out is if this is just a glitch in my Skyrim--a very real possibility since my Skyrim is all messed up after that annoying NMM update--or if there is something I did that is making Skyrim freak out. I have tried to be very conservative with this mod. I'm not doing anything that Mass Match Maker or Hentai Creatures didn't do. But I acknowledge I am still learning (always learning!) so maybe I need to put something in my code.

There are no Sexlab errors in the Pap log. It seems to be the Skyrim animation engine losing it.

I just wanted some input before I send the mod into the world, like as in if people think this is my Skyrim or if there is a real problem with my mod. So... Help?

I have a mod that runs around 5 sex scenes at a time, sometimes in unloaded cells. I am using 1.59. Everything works fine as long as I don't change cells. If I leave a cell and return, characters are floating in the air in bizarre yoga poses like this:

It's definitely SL related as the problem only occurs once the SL scenes are underway. Now, what I can't figure out is if this is just a glitch in my Skyrim--a very real possibility since my Skyrim is all messed up after that annoying NMM update--or if there is something I did that is making Skyrim freak out. I have tried to be very conservative with this mod. I'm not doing anything that Mass Match Maker or Hentai Creatures didn't do. But I acknowledge I am still learning (always learning!) so maybe I need to put something in my code.

There are no Sexlab errors in the Pap log. It seems to be the Skyrim animation engine losing it.

I just wanted some input before I send the mod into the world, like as in if people think this is my Skyrim or if there is a real problem with my mod. So... Help?

Check your Papyrus logs, if you are getting "Stack Dump" messages in the log then you have too many script intensive mods.

That would be a scripting overload problem, when you have too many scripted mods running at once it's possible that not all of them are getting executed and when it's the Sexlab scripts they are getting interrupted between setting which animation the actors are doing and setting their alignment for that animation.

Check your Papyrus logs, if you are getting "Stack Dump" messages in the log then you have too many script intensive mods.

That would be a scripting overload problem, when you have too many scripted mods running at once it's possible that not all of them are getting executed and when it's the Sexlab scripts they are getting interrupted between setting which animation the actors are doing and setting their alignment for that animation.

I've seen this quite often (using 1.59, actually don't remember seeing this using SL1.60), and had no stack dumps or heavy papyrus loads.  Basically a sex scene starts between 2 NPCs (randomSex mod usually, but also with LoversComfort) in an interior cell (jarls palace for example), then I leave (to an exterior cell) and walk back in.  The 2 (or 3, or 4) NPCs either float on air like this or fly around the room like a popped balloon (funny as hell, keep expecting to hear the whistling sound of air escaping...)  Usually they go back to normal after the sex would normally end.  Again I see this often without seeing stack dumps in the pap logs.  I've just learned to let them finish (or join the in the fun  :cool:  ) before leaving the cell.  Also sextools (and defeat) has an option to control scenes that happen between 2+ NPCs and you can manually advance the stages to get them to finish quicker (spoilsport  :@  ).  I may not be seeing this in SL1.60 since I got accustomed to just letting them finish...

I've seen this quite often (using 1.59, actually don't remember seeing this using SL1.60), and had no stack dumps or heavy papyrus loads.  Basically a sex scene starts between 2 NPCs (randomSex mod usually, but also with LoversComfort) in an interior cell (jarls palace for example), then I leave (to an exterior cell) and walk back in.  The 2 (or 3, or 4) NPCs either float on air like this or fly around the room like a popped balloon (funny as hell, keep expecting to hear the whistling sound of air escaping...)  Usually they go back to normal after the sex would normally end.  Again I see this often without seeing stack dumps in the pap logs.  I've just learned to let them finish (or join the in the fun  :cool:  ) before leaving the cell.  Also sextools (and defeat) has an option to control scenes that happen between 2+ NPCs and you can manually advance the stages to get them to finish quicker (spoilsport  :@  ).  I may not be seeing this in SL1.60 since I got accustomed to just letting them finish...

Well, gee.... Thanks for the replies, even if that isn't good news for me.  :)  I really wanted to set this mod up so that the player could come into a room and see sex in progress. However, I am blocked by errors and bugs at every turn. That's very sad. I ran Hentai Creatures with it running sex in unloaded cells and never ran into this. Maybe I was just lucky.

Anyway, thanks folks.

How exactly do you save Sexlab configuration and animation adjustment to an external file ?

Already did the export setting then save the game, but i dont see any file in data/skse/plugin/sexlab. Am i missing something ?

How exactly do you save Sexlab configuration and animation adjustment to an external file ?

Already did the export setting then save the game, but i dont see any file in data/skse/plugin/sexlab. Am i missing something ?

You should have .json files in the directory you mentioned (SexLabConfig.json, AnimationProfile_1.json, and probably expression_*.json). At least that's what I have. Or maybe you use MO  in which case the directory may be different (that's my guess as I don't use MO).

You should have .json files in the directory you mentioned (SexLabConfig.json, AnimationProfile_1.json, and probably expression_*.json). At least that's what I have. Or maybe you use MO  in which case the directory may be different (that's my guess as I don't use MO).

another reason i don't use MO

Why yes, i am using MO. Big thanks mate for pointing that out...

Well every mod manager has their advantages and disadvantages. I should've known better because some preferences are directed into MO directory, just never thought it also handle Sexlab configurations.   

Anyway, might be small but it would be great if there is check & uncheck for all animations in MCM toggle animations.

Thanks

Why yes, i am using MO. Big thanks mate for pointing that out...

Well every mod manager has their advantages and disadvantages. I should've known better because some preferences are directed into MO directory, just never thought it also handle Sexlab configurations.   

Anyway, might be small but it would be great if there is check & uncheck for all animations in MCM toggle animations.

Thanks

The first time you make the changes and save them to the json, MO will put the newly created file into it's override folder. (as it does with everything that doesn't have a pre-existing folder location.

You can manually cut/paste that into your actual skyrim data/skse etc etc folder however...

Then from that moment forward all future alterations will simply take place there, regardless of if the game is ran through MO or not.

I like to put all of my SKSE stuff directly into the Skyrim folders personally. MO handles it fine, but when everything related to skse (hdt-pe, json etc) is in the 'actual' skse folder, it makes it easier to keep track of them.

The first time you make the changes and save them to the json, MO will put the newly created file into it's override folder. (as it does with everything that doesn't have a pre-existing folder location.

You can manually cut/paste that into your actual skyrim data/skse etc etc folder however...

Then from that moment forward all future alterations will simply take place there, regardless of if the game is ran through MO or not.

I like to put all of my SKSE stuff directly into the Skyrim folders personally. MO handles it fine, but when everything related to skse (hdt-pe, json etc) is in the 'actual' skse folder, it makes it easier to keep track of them.

The other way is to simply make a mod out of the Overwrite folder in MO, when this data is in there. That happens just by right clicking it in MO and selecting the relevant option: Create Mod.

This makes it very easy to manage and - if needed - clear directly by removing the custom mod.

I have found a strange bug. i saved my character in 3rd person but now when i zoom in it has ? marks in the sexlab idles and creature idles. is this because i recently upgraded to fniss 6.2?

Zooming in and out doesn't seem to fix the issue. It says it's not a hard bug but when i try to start an animation i frequently get a C++ error r06025 virtua error call. I have uninstalled version r37 from visual basic and installed version 38 from guru3's site. but it didn't seem to solve the problem.

Separate Mod:

• allows easy "cleaning" of a setting and changes in files without having to reinstall the mod.
  • Useful if running different versions of the mods or settings are custom for that Profile as it is easier to manage and edit
  • Allows more flexibility and easy of management of various different mods setup that would otherwise conflict
  • Useful if running older versions of a mod (Sexlab, SKSE etc) along side of newer versions of the mod / tools.

Merged Files with an already existing Mod (SKSE etc):

• keeps the entries in MO smaller.
  • Makes keeping track of the files related to those edit and customization easier to manage
  • useful for those that have different Profiles but not really different game setups.

I am sure there are other reasons. for a base install with all the mods being the same and pretty much set up the same having the files moved from the overwrite to the proper folder is nice and convenient and easy to work with. All that is needed at worst would be to delete the Mod/Tool and reinstall and re-run the various tools to get the proper files back into the overwrite. Easy.

For the more complex multi-version mods setup or very customized Profiles having these files separate is more convenient and easier to work with. Some create a Profile Name - Overwrite folder which works well however the last time I had Sexlab Installed (1.59c) I had some problems with some of those files and had a hell of a time digging in and fixing them. Having them separate (Profile - SKSE overwrite, Profile Name - FNIS overwrite) might be the better solution next time I set this up.

Especially with the following question :)

I have some old setups saved from the 1.59c era.(Profile Mods list etc)  Yes it is old, yes it isn't supported, and yes many problems have been fixed however I would still like to revisit this. I do intend on setting up a proper current 1.60 ## version as well along side of this. Now for the question.. I had some issues last time I had different versions of Sexlab running in MO. Can this be done? or does some changes in Sexlab when being activated make it difficult? I am willing to chase down the files in the overwrite folder to gather the old setup and create a profile.

Or would having two Mod organizers setup work better. One for the old setup (I already have) and one for the new one. Yes this will waste space. I have the space for this.

I have some old setups saved from the 1.59c era.(Profile Mods list etc)  Yes it is old, yes it isn't supported, and yes many problems have been fixed however I would still like to revisit this. I do intend on setting up a proper current 1.60 ## version as well along side of this. Now for the question.. I had some issues last time I had different versions of Sexlab running in MO. Can this be done? or does some changes in Sexlab when being activated make it difficult? I am willing to chase down the files in the overwrite folder to gather the old setup and create a profile.

Or would having two Mod organizers setup work better. One for the old setup (I already have) and one for the new one. Yes this will waste space. I have the space for this.

Keep the Overwrites folder EMPTY!.

When you run a program like FNIS that creates output that gets put into the Overwrite folder use the built in MO feature to create a mod out of that output and give it a name that includes your profile name and of course FNIS Output. Activate that new "mod" only in the profile that it belongs to.

Also add version numbers to your mod names, that way when you install a new version of a mod you can keep the old version installed since it will be under another name. Then having an older profile still running 1.59c with the mods that work properly with 1.59c is quite possible while also allowing you new profiles using newer versions of the mods.

That way each profile remains both completely independent and completely ready to use.

Between FNIS, Wrye Bash and DNYDOLOD I end up with three extra mods per profile (I could combine them but I prefer them separate) but I can still load and play my character that is still using the 1.59c framework and by exiting the game and switching profiles I can be running my latest character using the 1.60.02 version of the framework within less than a minute despite the very different worlds those different profiles have.

Note: ALWAYS remove the TESVEDIT backup folder (it's always empty for me anyway) whenever you run TESVEDIT so it's easy to tell when you have something show up in the Overwrite folder.

Also some SKSE files get created by various mods, some you may want to use in common betwwen profiles and some you may want to keep unique, you can do both. Just keep an eye on that overwrite folder and handle what shows up in it.

Keep the Overwrites folder EMPTY!.

Yes... duh.. :D

When you run a program like FNIS that creates output that gets put into the Overwrite folder use the built in MO feature to create a mod out of that output and give it a name that includes your profile name and of course FNIS Output. Activate that new "mod" only in the profile that it belongs to.

Yes. I started doing that the last setup I had but not completely. I had some old profiles with "merged" files from overwrite.

Also add version numbers to your mod names, that way when you install a new version of a mod you can keep the old version installed since it will be under another name. Then having an older profile still running 1.59c with the mods that work properly with 1.59c is quite possible while also allowing you new profiles using newer versions of the mods.

I assume you are talking about adding the version to the name and not just have a version number on the side as normal for MO. I played with that a bit the last time I did this. I thought it would help keep them separate provided of course I wasn't going to just plan on updating mods. If I was gong to just keep say Sexlab completely updated then it wouldn't matter as the new files would just overwrite the old ones. If there is massive changes.. just delete. However.. keeping older mods for older profiles running so I can continue playing with an older profile this can be very useful. Again I did experiment with this a long time ago. This time I want to keep MO install constantly running regardless of mods used

Between FNIS, Wrye Bash and DNYDOLOD I end up with three extra mods per profile (I could combine them but I prefer them separate) but I can still load and play my character that is still using the 1.59c framework and by exiting the game and switching profiles I can be running my latest character using the 1.60.02 version of the framework within less than a minute despite the very different worlds those different profiles have.

THAT is what I want to know. :D. By keeping the different mods properly labeled (versions etc) and their resulting overwrite files (again properly named etc) I can move from the old 1.59c to , 1.60b, 1.61, 1.60.2 etc and still keep my profiles working until I am completely done with their play through and can decide not to return.

Note: ALWAYS remove the TESVEDIT backup folder (it's always empty for me anyway) whenever you run TESVEDIT so it's easy to tell when you have something show up in the Overwrite folder.

Already do that when using TESVedit ;). Have been for some time now. If there is something dropped into it. I just copied it off elsewhere.

Also some SKSE files get created by various mods, some you may want to use in common betwwen profiles and some you may want to keep unique, you can do both. Just keep an eye on that overwrite folder and handle what shows up in it.

That was the weird thing that happened before. Some files got created when really a SKSE file shouldn't have. That must have happened from some other mods I had installed. etc. I'll try to keep them separate if possible (however a Profile Name - Skse should work regardless). I also have some patches made from mods as well.

Thanks I think I can start working on my Skyrim again. I will start with something I have that I now works and build from that and then install the 1.6## versions. I assume that by now most mods here that are download are compatible with the newer version 1.6+.

Question I am updating to the most current files. Been gone since 1.59c. in the instructions it post

An actor skeleton mod such as XPMSE2 or XPMSE3

Is there a preference from the experts here? Is there something I need to know to make a proper decision?

I am being very particular as opposed to before as I want this to be a very good base to go with. Yes there are tutorials but I am building it very basic currently. Will add and modify and create more complex as I go forward. Just want to get the basics so I can get my perversions on. :P No need for ENB's or quest mods etc. .. yet.

Thanks for info :D