3 hours ago, ghostfalll said:

Again, if the following has already been discussed and I missed it, forgive me.  In any case, does this mod take character "exoticness" and/or cultural differences into account when seeding attraction values?  I'm not referring to just East Asian, just trying to determine whether geographic distance from character birth place or cultural capital affects a character's attraction value (and also how this relates to desire value).  Put another way, does normally someone born far away or possessing some distant culture identity increase their attractiveness stat depending on geographic location, or alternatively, does it only generally increase desirability with some other characters (thus essentially being more attractive to some but less attractive if local culture is xenophobic)?  Thus, it doesn't matter whether the character is a European in India or Asian in England, character is "exotic" which translates in either more attractive or more desirous unless local culture xenophobic...

Nothing like that, it’s just that depending on the people a person grows up around they will have start out with a different standard of beauty. Tall vs. short, fat bs. Thin etc. Nothing to do with ethnicity at all. I wanted to make the determination cultural but at the point I wrote it there was no way that I could find to do so. So it’s based on the prevailing attitudes of the kings court.

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Nothing like that, it’s just that depending on the people a person grows up around they will have start out with a different standard of beauty. Tall vs. short, fat bs. Thin etc. Nothing to do with ethnicity at all. I wanted to make the determination cultural but at the point I wrote it there was no way that I could find to do so. So it’s based on the prevailing attitudes of the kings court.

It sounds kind of funny to assign attractions to cultures. Like it'd be weird looking and saying that the French of 1066 preferred small penises. Unless you intended it to shift over time similar to character's opinions.

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Cool, thanks for entertaining my curiosity.  Would be cool to add some culture difference checks, but if Paradox doesn't have code to handle that, nothing you can do!

On 4/20/2021 at 2:25 AM, whateverdontcare said:

It sounds kind of funny to assign attractions to cultures. Like it'd be weird looking and saying that the French of 1066 preferred small penises. Unless you intended it to shift over time similar to character's opinions.

So penis size is weird. It doesn't really make sense as an element of attraction (since you usually can't tell when a person is wearing clothes) it really belongs more in the "sexual compatibility" section that I want to go along with attraction but haven't been able to figure out game play wise. 

But generally yeah, everything shifts over time. When I say attraction values are determined "culturally" I mean that an individual's initial standard of beauty is based on the people they grow up around but that shifts over time.

For example most of the default attraction values are set to 50 but female muscle attraction is set to 25, and male muscle attraction is set to 75. Essentially meaning that by default every character (with some degree of randomness) starts out liking women who are a bit soft and men who are on the muscular side. Also in any male dominated society women will have a penalty to their muscularity (as they are generally expected not to engage in physical activity), and men (being expected to fight in wars) will have a muscle bonus. But if you shift to a female dominated society this flips. Since men aren't expected to fight they will become weaker, and women will become more muscular. Over time people's tastes will shift to conform to the people around them, so women will start finding weaker men more attractive and men will find more muscular women attractive.

Umm... I'm not sure what is happening, mod seem to work, gives characters desire and libido, both spouses have desire at 100 and libido above 10, main hero sometimes "fantasize" about someone from court, but they never interact with each other, and didn't get any children in 10 years.

Have to mention i only have these 3 mods in my test game, and same happens.

7 hours ago, Rin-Kin said:

Umm... I'm not sure what is happening, mod seem to work, gives characters desire and libido, both spouses have desire at 100 and libido above 10, main hero sometimes "fantasize" about someone from court, but they never interact with each other, and didn't get any children in 10 years.

Have to mention i only have these 3 mods in my test game, and same happens.

Do you have Carnalitas? I should really add it to the list of required mods but I’ve been busy as hell and the last time I tried to update the description I accidentally deleted half of it, lol.

5 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Do you have Carnalitas? I should really add it to the list of required mods but I’ve been busy as hell and the last time I tried to update the description I accidentally deleted half of it, lol.

Nope, it wasn't in required mods list xD

Should it be top in mod load order?

5 hours ago, beriasims said:

The Carnalitas ui seems to overwrite this ones's so I can't see other people's preferences, height, weight, penis or breast size. And also wtf is that pose.

IMG_20210503_134144.jpg

You haven't clicked the button. Look through this thread and the sex animations thread and you can find it mentioned a bunch also its in the instructions for the sex animations mod. 

With the UI you need to change up your load order. UIs always overwrite each other. That's why I made my UI off the Carnalitas UI. So my UI works with Carnalitas (though not the other way around.)

13 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

You haven't clicked the button. Look through this thread and the sex animations thread and you can find it mentioned a bunch also its in the instructions for the sex animations mod. 

With the UI you need to change up your load order. UIs always overwrite each other. That's why I made my UI off the Carnalitas UI. So my UI works with Carnalitas (though not the other way around.)

So I should put your mods above Carnalitas in load order? Also, how do I chanhe load order? 

1 hour ago, beriasims said:

Why are they fully clothed and why is he si far to the left? 

20210504_205445.jpg

I mean its supposed to be moving. That's just the first frame. I have no damn clue what's wrong here like I know what you are seeing is abnormal, I'm guessing its related to her clipping through that outfit. Probably some combo of load order and interfering mods, but this isn't one I've seen before.

2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

I mean its supposed to be moving. That's just the first frame. I have no damn clue what's wrong here like I know what you are seeing is abnormal, I'm guessing its related to her clipping through that outfit. Probably some combo of load order and interfering mods, but this isn't one I've seen before.

Maybe it's the community flovor pack clothes that are messing with the animations. Idk what else it could be because I this mod, sex animations, physical attributes and carnalitas are the only sex mods that I downloaded. Maybe it's because of the load order which I still down't know how to change. Btw, do I put your mods in front of Carnalitas or is it the opposite?

4 hours ago, beriasims said:

Maybe it's the community flovor pack clothes that are messing with the animations. Idk what else it could be because I this mod, sex animations, physical attributes and carnalitas are the only sex mods that I downloaded. Maybe it's because of the load order which I still down't know how to change. Btw, do I put your mods in front of Carnalitas or is it the opposite?

Carnalitas
Char Body overhaul

Physical Attributes
Coetus Animus

Things lower on the list overwrite things higher on the list

Yeah its almost certainly the community flavor pack. I'm guessing that mod changes 01_clothes which would overwrite my 01_clothes in char body overhaul which would mean that the tags I use to make the characters naked in the events are overwritten.

Also considering the boobs are clipping through that dress, either its a slightly different model than any of the default dresses or its overwriting my .mesh files. Which means that the dress doesn't have the right rig attached. Which is probably why it froze.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:18 AM, Mange2020 said:

Carnalitas
Char Body overhaul

Physical Attributes
Coetus Animus

Things lower on the list overwrite things higher on the list

Yeah its almost certainly the community flavor pack. I'm guessing that mod changes 01_clothes which would overwrite my 01_clothes in char body overhaul which would mean that the tags I use to make the characters naked in the events are overwritten.

Also considering the boobs are clipping through that dress, either its a slightly different model than any of the default dresses or its overwriting my .mesh files. Which means that the dress doesn't have the right rig attached. Which is probably why it froze.

It's still not moving even after I take their clothes off.

20210507_180413.jpg

18 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

I'm out of ideas tbh. Hate to leave you hanging, sorry. Maybe it'll start working in a future update.

I hope you or someone else manages to find out the solution to this issue in the future. This is still an amazing mod and thank you for making it.

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, ossram said:

@Mange2020 Something wrong with "inverted_sexuality_adjusted_physical_attraction_value" or with "inverted_" tag functions. The result is incorrect value.

I don't doubt it, those formulas are super complex so its definitely possible. But more information as to why you think its off and how its off would be appreciated, otherwise I wouldn't know where to look.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up. A reason why some might get the clothed during scenes error.

This mod isn't compatible with fullscreen barbershop or any other mod that edits outfits.

Basically, you can't change outfits of characters, all outfits have to stay as default.

You can still use a mod like fullscreen barbershop to edit hair/beards etc, but not outfits.

Scenes were activating far too often for me. a few a month it seemed. Maybe best to have it so only player can initiate scenes.

One small error I have noticed. Is if using the non-US metric option, my height would be say '182cm' but a potential partners ideal height would be '54'. So I assume that ideal height is based on the US metric system.

Edited by xfacedownx
13 hours ago, xfacedownx said:

Just a heads up. A reason why some might get the clothed during scenes error.

This mod isn't compatible with fullscreen barbershop or any other mod that edits outfits.

Basically, you can't change outfits of characters, all outfits have to stay as default.

You can still use a mod like fullscreen barbershop to edit hair/beards etc, but not outfits.

Scenes were activating far too often for me. a few a month it seemed. Maybe best to have it so only player can initiate scenes.

One small error I have noticed. Is if using the non-US metric option, my height would be say '182cm' but a potential partners ideal height would be '54'. So I assume that ideal height is based on the US metric system.

This isn’t correct, you seem to be confusing a few things. This mod requires character body overhaul and that mod is compatible full screen barbershop, you just have to place it lower in the load order. It was written to overwrite full screen barbershop’s animations (hence being lower in the load order). You most definitely can change character outfits, so no idea why you think you can’t. Most likely you have clothing mods that overwrite my outfit tags.

You are correct that character body overhaul isn’t compatible with any mod that adds clothes. No mod that adds clothes are compatible with each other, an issue I’m working on.

Finally the ideal height number isn’t written in metric or the American standard system. It’s just a number 50 is the base model’s height 100 is the max height the game allows. 0 is the minimum height the game allows.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:15 PM, Mange2020 said:

This isn’t correct, you seem to be confusing a few things. This mod requires character body overhaul and that mod is compatible full screen barbershop, you just have to place it lower in the load order. It was written to overwrite full screen barbershop’s animations (hence being lower in the load order). You most definitely can change character outfits, so no idea why you think you can’t. Most likely you have clothing mods that overwrite my outfit tags.

You are correct that character body overhaul isn’t compatible with any mod that adds clothes. No mod that adds clothes are compatible with each other, an issue I’m working on.

Finally the ideal height number isn’t written in metric or the American standard system. It’s just a number 50 is the base model’s height 100 is the max height the game allows. 0 is the minimum height the game allows.

Sorry what I said was confusing and not meant in the way it reads. 

The mod is of course compatible with fullscreen barbershop, but I found that if you change your outfit using FSB, the characters show up fully clothed in the scenes. This is how it was for me anyways. So I meant the changing of clothes wasn't compatible (I wasn't using any additional mods that change clothes)

Regarding the height, I found it confusing, as I would expect the characters ideal partner height would be in comparison to my characters height. If it's possible, it would be better if the ideal heights would be actual height as apposed to another similar stat. But of course this is just my preference.

Edited by xfacedownx

@Mange2020

with regards to the fantasize mechanic, would it not be better if players can manually select characters as their object of fantasy rather be given an arbitrary selection of 5 characters (of which the possibility that none of them are what you are looking for).

Also just like how height and weight affects prowess, it would be great if we could tie a modifier to a character's desire level where a low desire level reduces stress gain by a percentage and vice versa a high desire level increases stress gain by a percentage in order to incentivise the player to choose a character that is attractive to their MC or to find multiple partners

Edited by luffyboy
On 8/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, xfacedownx said:

Sorry what I said was confusing and not meant in the way it reads. 

The mod is of course compatible with fullscreen barbershop, but I found that if you change your outfit using FSB, the characters show up fully clothed in the scenes. This is how it was for me anyways. So I meant the changing of clothes wasn't compatible (I wasn't using any additional mods that change clothes)

Regarding the height, I found it confusing, as I would expect the characters ideal partner height would be in comparison to my characters height. If it's possible, it would be better if the ideal heights would be actual height as apposed to another similar stat. But of course this is just my preference.

Yeah I was wrong too, I guess when the game changes a character's clothing it makes that outfit permanent. You would have to use remove_outfit_tag to get rid of this but last I checked this makes character's bald as of the the the update that added all the viking stuff. So I don't know a way around that.

With the ideal heights its really just that there are two numbers. The number that is meant to represent the actual value used by the game. And another which goes through a bunch of calculations and customizable localization to represent a number people understand. Basically if there is a unit then it is a measurement. If there is no unit it is just a value used. The height tooltip will show you the what your characters height value is for comparison.