7 minutes ago, Hans Needs A Flammenwerfer said:

Just played a game every month I was getting a sex scene. Borderline impossible to play because how how many times my wife was banging my character lmao. Not sure how to fix this it might be other mods? But as of now im not sure all I know is that it's very hard to progress because of the window constantly popping up.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I have an idea for why this could be happening.

I have been looking at this mod and have a question. In scripted effects you have a file sex_effects/had sex_results_effect and a file scripted_effects/carn_had_sex_with_effect.

Both files have the capability to impregnate a character. Why? are they mutually exclusive or complementary?

On 4/12/2021 at 1:41 PM, joemann said:

I have been looking at this mod and have a question. In scripted effects you have a file sex_effects/had sex_results_effect and a file scripted_effects/carn_had_sex_with_effect.

Both files have the capability to impregnate a character. Why? are they mutually exclusive or complementary?

Its mostly a compatibility thing. Since sex effects are the only way that characters get pregnant I need to have things like age and traits effect pregnancy chance. Plus I need the sex effect to do a bunch of other things and these are all done in have sex results. In addition to pregnancy the sex results effect reduces a character's libido and desire, it also adds characters to a variable list that prevents a character from having sex with the same character twice in one month, and adds another variable that prevents a character from being spammed with sex events. 

If was gonna just make the mod stand alone I would have just used the results effect. But I wanted it to be compatible with carnalitas and its various sub mods. So I need a version of the carn_had_sex_with_effect since that is what every carnalitas sex scene calls for. But my updated version in this mod has an if statement that bypasses pregnancy. At the end of the carn_had_sex_with_effect it fires an on_action carn_on_sex I know this is used by daughter of lust as well, its any extra effects you add on after sex basically. This on_action calls a hidden event that calls had_sex_results. 

So short answer is that while the code is technically present in both, only had sex results actually causes pregnancy. For performace reasons this is bypassed for any monthly sex checks that aren't associated with events.

There's honestly still a lot of streamlining of code on the back end to work out so that it runs more efficiently, I actually think I've squeezed a bit more performance out of it on the version I'm currently using (it's still a bit buggy hence no update).

I was playing a game with the whole setup of mods needed for this one, and I was noticing some lag getting worse over time. Which was expected, with how complicated this mod is. But I started to notice something. The lag seemed to be irrelevant to time passing in-game. It was instead dependant on whether or not there were any character portraits rendering. If I had a character portrait open it would slow down all my actions in the game, even if it was paused. It would also slow down the speed of time passing. So I'm wondering if there's lag either from the characters themselves, or possibly from calculating their attraction in the bit next to the opinion.

Also lag increases when more side messages are present. Clearing the messages reduces lag significantly.

When the character window is opened lag increases immediately, especially if a lot of portraits are shown. Reducing graphic quality and disabling animations doesn't seem to have an effect.

14 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

I was playing a game with the whole setup of mods needed for this one, and I was noticing some lag getting worse over time. Which was expected, with how complicated this mod is. But I started to notice something. The lag seemed to be irrelevant to time passing in-game. It was instead dependant on whether or not there were any character portraits rendering. If I had a character portrait open it would slow down all my actions in the game, even if it was paused. It would also slow down the speed of time passing. So I'm wondering if there's lag either from the characters themselves, or possibly from calculating their attraction in the bit next to the opinion.

11 hours ago, amigo1976 said:

Also lag increases when more side messages are present. Clearing the messages reduces lag significantly.

When the character window is opened lag increases immediately, especially if a lot of portraits are shown. Reducing graphic quality and disabling animations doesn't seem to have an effect.

Interesting, I'm actively looking into the lag its probably a combination of things tbh. But I also belatedly noticed I've been getting some error messages from the scripted gui that I used for displaying the attraction values. I had some scoping errors in the way I coded it, that I think I have mostly worked through, but this would seem to match up with what you are seeing. The good news there is that its not the calculating of the attraction that's the issue (this is being done whether you are looking or not) so much as just displaying it. I appreciate the info.

A question concerning this mod.

It has libido and sexual desire values. I would expect libido to be partly genetic and partly influenced by health,traits etc but being reasonably stable. Sexual  desire would be more dynamic increasing by fantasizing etc decreasing after sex. In my game the character's  sexual_desire starts at 0 and then goes up once a month ( every time  the sex scene pops up). This goes on until it reaches 100 and there it stays. Looking at the files I can't figure out what  decreases sexual_desire, I would expect that having sex would do this but it has the opposite effect.

What am I missing.

3 hours ago, joemann said:

A question concerning this mod.

It has libido and sexual desire values. I would expect libido to be partly genetic and partly influenced by health,traits etc but being reasonably stable. Sexual  desire would be more dynamic increasing by fantasizing etc decreasing after sex. In my game the character's  sexual_desire starts at 0 and then goes up once a month ( every time  the sex scene pops up). This goes on until it reaches 100 and there it stays. Looking at the files I can't figure out what  decreases sexual_desire, I would expect that having sex would do this but it has the opposite effect.

What am I missing.

So this would be concerning. Sexual desire should be decreased by having sex. If you want to find where look in have sex results, desire reduction is 15 multiplied against you character's attraction to each other (this is definitely an area that needs to be balanced ) so a character who has sex with someone with 100 attraction value should lose 15 desire, a character with -100 attraction will lose 0 desire. So characters who aren't attracted to their partner (especially if their orientation doesn't match) will stay around 100 desire. Fantasizing is totally about adjusting attraction. Libido isn't really genetic its just based on traits, this and monthly sexual desire should be defined in one of the script values files (sex values?). A known thing is that as of this version the way libido appears on the gui isn't as clear a I want it to be, its set to display the libido variable instead of the monthly value, which will be changed in the next update, it just didn't seem worth making everyone download a new file by itself.

Earlier in development there were issues with getting desire to reduce correctly, but I had thought that had been fixed as of this version. Either there's an unexpected interaction with another mod or this version is broken by itself and I need to clean up what I have put out an update (I'm changing the way my models are rigged right now to make animations easier so my game is a little broken haha).

On 4/15/2021 at 3:11 PM, Mange2020 said:

Interesting, I'm actively looking into the lag its probably a combination of things tbh. But I also belatedly noticed I've been getting some error messages from the scripted gui that I used for displaying the attraction values. I had some scoping errors in the way I coded it, that I think I have mostly worked through, but this would seem to match up with what you are seeing. The good news there is that its not the calculating of the attraction that's the issue (this is being done whether you are looking or not) so much as just displaying it. I appreciate the info.

If you upload a patch for that I can test and see if that fixes the lag I had.

Hi, I tried this mod but there is something wrong with my event animation. My character is a 18 female and when the animation begin, she will thrust herself all over the event screen and the male one (who is 20) wouldn't appear in the animation. I only have Carnitas install above these three mods. What did I done wrong? Please help.image.png.e0b85846ff1ade6b92e004819bfb6deb.png

I am (slowly) starting to understand how the desire mechanism works. One question what is, or even is there a relation between the libido value and the sexual_desire value?

I can't figure out the link between the two. If libido goes up does that impact desire, in which file should I look?

Just to be sure: male_physical_attraction_value  defines how attractive a male character is in the absolute? So a character with a value of 80 is more attractive than a character with a value of 60?

This value is compared to another characters' preferences values to determine how attractive the first character is to the second character?

Could you explain how the fantasise event works? I tried to modify it myself so that duplicate characters don't show up but now the event itself doesn't seem to fire. Would this be an issue with my modification or is there a condition where you don't get the event anymore (old age, libido/desire, not finding enough people etc.)?

5 hours ago, egregeg said:

Hello, I am having issues with the animation. Take a look:

hTicIWfxMynx_2uFlVJrCtB.gif

18 hours ago, IRSV said:

Hi, I tried this mod but there is something wrong with my event animation. My character is a 18 female and when the animation begin, she will thrust herself all over the event screen and the male one (who is 20) wouldn't appear in the animation. I only have Carnitas install above these three mods. What did I done wrong? Please help.image.png.e0b85846ff1ade6b92e004819bfb6deb.png

The heart icon is a toggle button (it happens to be a heart in all the sex events but all the "theme icons" are buttons). It changes the cameras used by the event window. It confuses a lot of people, which is why its in the info for the sex animations mod. It has to be this way because the game's default cameras focuses on the character (you can see the result), making any window with two individuals impossible. You will also have to deselect the toggle in order for the game to display non sex event animations correctly.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, whateverdontcare said:

If you upload a patch for that I can test and see if that fixes the lag I had.

Unfortunately I won't have time to get anything ready to update for a few weeks. Honestly shouldn't be on now haha.

10 hours ago, joemann said:

I am (slowly) starting to understand how the desire mechanism works. One question what is, or even is there a relation between the libido value and the sexual_desire value?

I can't figure out the link between the two. If libido goes up does that impact desire, in which file should I look?

They are related in that similar traits make both higher. Libido is meant to represent a character's physical ability to have more sex. This is meant to be a limiter so that your character and the AI can't just marry 100 people and crash the game with your offspring, but also just kind of represents the fact that people can't just be fucking all the time. Desire is how much a character wants to have sex. Libido resets every month (although the game immediately uses an on_action "spends" that libido on your partners which is why the gui doesn't display the value correctly. Desire increases until it gets to 100. Both are in extreme need of balancing but that's gonna be part of this process. I basically just went through the events and perk and thought about what effect each would likely have.

As to attraction, no male_physical_attraction_value is the formula that determines how attractive one character is to another character. It's honestly more complicated than I expected it to need to be, might be that I might be missing a way I could have coded it. IIRC that script is a combination of face attraction value (a catchall for beauty and other base game traits that deal with physical attractiveness as opposed to non physical traits with attraction modifiers) penis attraction (honestly using this is weird to me but it makes the numbers with female attractiveness balance more easily since men don't have breasts) butt, muscle, fat, and height to get the character's attraction to another character. Only face attraction has any sort of value in an absolute sense.

7 hours ago, throwing746 said:

Could you explain how the fantasise event works? I tried to modify it myself so that duplicate characters don't show up but now the event itself doesn't seem to fire. Would this be an issue with my modification or is there a condition where you don't get the event anymore (old age, libido/desire, not finding enough people etc.)?

With great difficulty haha (it was annoying to get to work I mean) its triggered off the libido event that calls an on action, the on action creates a list of every person who is currently at your court (any time you attend a feast the feasters are added as well). The on action then calls the event, pulls five characters from the list at random. This random value is modified by your character's attraction to that character and the character's fame level. The list is then cleared (prevents the lists getting too big and sapping performance). You would need to modify the event to restrict the random in list effect to people that haven't previously been selected or remove them from the list as a part of the effect that saves them as the scope:fantasy_(1-5)

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

The heart icon is a toggle button (it happens to be a heart in all the sex events but all the "theme icons" are buttons). It changes the cameras used by the event window. It confuses a lot of people, which is why its in the info for the sex animations mod. It has to be this way because the game's default cameras focuses on the character (you can see the result), making any window with two individuals impossible. You will also have to deselect the toggle in order for the game to display non sex event animations correctly.

Indeed the icon was the problem. I took a look at the sex anim mod page here and I would suggest putting it on a separate more visible way like:

Instructions:
Press the heart button on a sex animation event. Press it again to place the camera back to position for normal events.

Great work by the way! Hope this can enable other modders to make more inmersive mods.

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry to keep pestering you with these questions, I am trying to make your mod compatible with my own so I need to understand how yours works.

In addition it helps me to better understand how to mod CK3, there is not a lot of documentation available yest.

So I have another question, this time about the age_difference_preference variable. It is set by an on-action with a value of 0. But where is this value ever changed?

In game I have found characters with a value of 1, -1 or 0.

The age_difference_preference variable is used to calculate the age_difference_gui_value, which shows up in the tooltip as an Age Multiplier. If I am not mistaken this is then used to calculate the sexuality_adjusted_physical_attraction_value. Which is what shows up in the gui. However, if this variable only has values of 1, 0 or -1 their impact seems negligible.

I am sure I am missing something but hopefully you can tell me what.

2 hours ago, joemann said:

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry to keep pestering you with these questions, I am trying to make your mod compatible with my own so I need to understand how yours works.

In addition it helps me to better understand how to mod CK3, there is not a lot of documentation available yest.

So I have another question, this time about the age_difference_preference variable. It is set by an on-action with a value of 0. But where is this value ever changed?

In game I have found characters with a value of 1, -1 or 0.

The age_difference_preference variable is used to calculate the age_difference_gui_value, which shows up in the tooltip as an Age Multiplier. If I am not mistaken this is then used to calculate the sexuality_adjusted_physical_attraction_value. Which is what shows up in the gui. However, if this variable only has values of 1, 0 or -1 their impact seems negligible.

I am sure I am missing something but hopefully you can tell me what.

No problem, I enjoy answering modding questions. The whole reason I post mods is because I know that I can't make the quantity of content I want, so I'm hoping the stuff I make gets built on. Generally I've just started making the framework to allow the sort of things I hope to see, so answering questions helps. 

I had to add the age difference preference stuff because early in development I was noticing a lot of characters were attracted to much older characters (who tend to have more fame). But anything with age is a bit risky because if I mess up the math or the coding the results could be . . . creepy. Which is why its a bit opaque. Generally its started at zero and should move up or down a year at a time based on who you fantasize about. Zero means you like characters your own age, -1 means you like characters a year younger +1 is a year older etc. Characters are given some cushion so that the attraction multiplier stays at 100 within a certain range and then it will begin to drop once outside of that range. This cushion expands as the character gets old (since an 80 year old and a 60 year old dating is much different than a 40 year old and a 20 year old).

On 4/6/2021 at 9:25 PM, Mange2020 said:

The mod starts by seeding attraction values. Characters are given a default value with some randomness thrown in. The default values are set in common\script_values in the "default physical attraction values" file and this can easily be adjusted. A character's preference is compared to the physical values set up in the physical attributes mod to get a characters attraction value. 

A character's preferences will change over the course of their life. Every year a character gets an event where they fantasize about a character that they have met in the previous year. You are given five choices and your preferences will move slightly toward that characters physical attributes. The AI will tend to choose famous characters to fantasize about, since you are (probably) the most famous person at your court, this will generally be you. So your character's appearance and what your character finds attractive will tend to influence what people at your court find attractive and over the years this will filter through your realm.

The attraction value is further modified based on a players age and sexual orientation. Sexual orientation has also been changed to not be absolute. Instead sexuality is a sliding scale, heterosexual and homosexual characters will still have some degree of attraction to the opposite/same sex and bisexual individuals may be more attracted to one sex than the other.

Again, if the following has already been discussed and I missed it, forgive me.  In any case, does this mod take character "exoticness" and/or cultural differences into account when seeding attraction values?  I'm not referring to just East Asian, just trying to determine whether geographic distance from character birth place or cultural capital affects a character's attraction value (and also how this relates to desire value).  Put another way, does normally someone born far away or possessing some distant culture identity increase their attractiveness stat depending on geographic location, or alternatively, does it only generally increase desirability with some other characters (thus essentially being more attractive to some but less attractive if local culture is xenophobic)?  Thus, it doesn't matter whether the character is a European in India or Asian in England, character is "exotic" which translates in either more attractive or more desirous unless local culture xenophobic...