Coetus Anima

View File

I've entirely reworked this mod from the previous version, basically starting from scratch to make a more efficient system. It's still definitely not close to what I want it to be for a number of reasons, which is why it was silent for so long but also, fuck it?

Basically it adds a system so that people's attraction is more complicated people every character has a certain attraction to tall people, short people, in between, big boobs, small boobs. They could like all or neither and everything in between. This attraction number is combined with the vanilla games attraction to affect how receptive character's are to your advances, and also how satisfied your partners may be (though this isn't the only factor). 

This attraction system is meant to be based on a individuals culture and change over time but this doesn't work yet. If you click on the little hear in the top right hand corner of the character window you can see some stats on each character, and you can see that my attempts to link numbers to cultures are not working (every culture is listed as having all average attributes of zero. Attraction does change over the course of a person's life though. Essentially good sex will make a person like characters with attributes like that sex partner, bad sex makes them less attracted. 

Quality of sex is determined by a bunch of things, attraction, the character's sexual experience, their familiarity with each other's sexual needs, their personalities, as well as the uhh compatibility of their genitalia. A guy's dick may be either too big or too small for any given woman. It the guy is too big the woman will eventually become used to the larger dick but this has a limit. The problem with this is that inevitably most couples will just become familiar with each other and have great sex (long term couples everywhere rejoice).

Satisfied partners and people who are worried about how society may view the relationship are much harder to seduce. Which reduces the amount of seduction happening in general.

Characters have to actually have sex to get pregnant. You don't have events fire to show you because that would be annoying but the game calculates it behind the scene. Whether you are having sex behind the scenes or via an event the chance of pregnancy is the same (it's jacked way up in the vanilla game vs. the monthly checks that the base game uses).

I've added a couple religious core tenants intended to eventually make character's have sex more easily and wear sexier clothing eventually but they don't do much now. I added some additional religious doctrines.

Modesty Doctrines intended to eventually implement a dynamic way for characters to be more or less modest in their dress, but not close to implementation. Right now there are four options. Immodest makes all characters of that religion wear revealing outfits. Full nudity makes everyone naked.

You can also set how your character spends their time in the lifestyle menu. You will see an icon next to a number representing how many hours a character spends on that thing each month. The categories are as follows

Leisure Hours: To reduce stress (to few increase stress)
Sleep Hours: Gotta Sleep

Sex Hours: Controls how often your character is available for sex. Note you need to have enough partners with enough sex hours to satisfy your character. 
Dining Hours: Allows you to eat more or less to gain or lose weight

Athletic Hours: Essentially Cardio, helps you lose weight and tones your ass and legs
Combat Training Hours: Increases your muscle mass, thereby making your prowess higher (I want to add a skill element but its not implemented)
Diplomatic/Martial/Stewardship/intrigue/learning hours: Each focus automatically adds 30 hours a month to the related category. Allocating hours gives you experience to get perks to aid your rulership.

I've made marriages and concubines unlimited if you have polygamy or concubines. Meaning its the number of sex hours available that prevent your ruler from having too many children.

Fertility is based on not only a character's traits but also when in a month a person has sex.

I added a character interaction exclusive to witches that triggers an event with shitty localization. The event allows you to drain your prisoners of their various "assets" and give them to someone else (including yourself). The changes are passed down and you can go beyond what would be strictly "natural."

I've made death much more common. Death's from child birth are much higher. Women who are underweight or have narrow hips will die much more. Women with broad hips die less. Fat women are more likely to have miscarriages.

The death rate is also jacked way up. This is to try to prevent a population boom because this mod will use a bunch of processing and if the population gets too high because your horny rulers are shooting out too many kids your game will slow to a crawl.

Patreon Link

I have a patreon. 
Some people in the past have offered to donate, so I figured I should look into what site to use.
Why Patreon? It allows adult content in it's terms.
Don't want to be patron, but just send a one time donation? You can just pick a membership tier and immediately unsubscribe.
What do you get? Absolutely nothing. It's totally optional, though I appreciate it. 

https://www.patreon.com/mangesmods

You will need

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/07/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    "Character Body Overhaul" "Physical Attributes" "Carnalitas"

Edited by Mange2020
1 hour ago, Zgo said:

I loaded all three mods, played a save, and when It got to a sex scene both characters were wearing clothes. Is this supposed to happen?

It is not. How old were they? (have to ask because the game sets 16 as adult). What other mods do you have?

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

It is not. How old were they? (have to ask because the game sets 16 as adult). What other mods do you have?

One was 18 and one was like 20. The playset I was using just had this, physical attributes and the original body shapes mod.

8 minutes ago, Zgo said:

One was 18 and one was like 20. The playset I was using just had this, physical attributes and the original body shapes mod.

Weird, did you download all the updates I put out last night? Because I'm playing with them right now and it works. So if they are all up to date either there's something weird going on or I messed up one of the uploads. Which to be fair I do with regularity.

32 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

Weird, did you download all the updates I put out last night? Because I'm playing with them right now and it works. So if they are all up to date either there's something weird going on or I messed up one of the uploads. Which to be fair I do with regularity.

I didn't download the mod until this morning.

28 minutes ago, Zgo said:

I didn't download the mod until this morning.

Damn, I just checked the char_body_overhaul mod (its the only one that could be causing that particular issue) too and its fine. Load order shouldn't be an issue but I've got
Char_body_overhaul
physical_attributes
coetus_anima

Besides that the only though I could have is the base game's nudity setting might accidentally be on. Maybe if you could take a screenshot of the issue I might be able to figure something out?

This is what I see when I load all three of your updated mods. Seems like the UI is bugged. Every male is 110 lbs and every female is 100 lbs. Can't see a value for attraction anywhere. Same thing happens even when I disable all of my other mods. Also it seems like the OP of this thread used to have a more detailed description of what this mod actually does (based on the embedded preview in the mod announcements channel of the Carnalitas discord) but its gone now. Anyway, I really like the direction you're going in with your mods. Hopefully I can figure out what's screwing up my setup.

Spoiler

wgZLg65.jpg

I noticed a few odd things.  No kids at all.  I did not use avoid pregnancy.  Also lots of rape events, including females raping males all outside of a dungeon.  I am using another mod which allows religious options for the number of concubines to be increased.  Just an fyi.  I did disable all other mods except the three here and Carnalitas . Still had same issue.

6 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Damn, I just checked the char_body_overhaul mod (its the only one that could be causing that particular issue) too and its fine. Load order shouldn't be an issue but I've got
Char_body_overhaul
physical_attributes
coetus_anima

Besides that the only though I could have is the base game's nudity setting might accidentally be on. Maybe if you could take a screenshot of the issue I might be able to figure something out?

Screenshot (19).png

2 hours ago, Frigate19 said:

This is what I see when I load all three of your updated mods. Seems like the UI is bugged. Every male is 110 lbs and every female is 100 lbs. Can't see a value for attraction anywhere. Same thing happens even when I disable all of my other mods. Also it seems like the OP of this thread used to have a more detailed description of what this mod actually does (based on the embedded preview in the mod announcements channel of the Carnalitas discord) but its gone now. Anyway, I really like the direction you're going in with your mods. Hopefully I can figure out what's screwing up my setup.

Reveal hidden contents

wgZLg65.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the info. The mod would make no sense without a bunch of explanation, seems like when I added the links it somehow deleted like all my text. 

As to the UI issue, how long did you play with the mod on? Because that sounds like what you would expect to see before all the values have been seeded.

2 hours ago, hockeystop said:

I noticed a few odd things.  No kids at all.  I did not use avoid pregnancy.  Also lots of rape events, including females raping males all outside of a dungeon.  I am using another mod which allows religious options for the number of concubines to be increased.  Just an fyi.  I did disable all other mods except the three here and Carnalitas . Still had same issue.

So pregnancy chance is one of those things that's really hard to balance. If no one in the world is having children that's an issue, otherwise you can just turn the pregnancy change up. I had it set at 5% for full pregnancy chance and 1% for avoid pregnancy but decided that was to high. Now its at 2.5% and 0.5%. You can up it common\script_values the file is located in the pregnancy_values file. Its just a number so its super easy to modify. Let me know because balancing that is something I'd love input on. 

As to the rape events. That is most definitely not this mod. The mod only includes 4 consenual sex events. However it does make use of the carnalitas sex scene on action. So a different mod you have has added those sex scenes and didn't add triggers to them.

25 minutes ago, Zgo said:

I had forgotted that I typically leave debug mode on in the properties tab, turning it off in-game when I don't use it. Could that be a factor?

I don't think so. I'm out of simple solutions so I guess I can just explain the way its coded, and maybe that might help? The character outfits are set via the outfit tags in the event. That's sex_life.2001

right_portrait = {
        character = scope:carn_sex_player
        animation = sex
        outfit_tags = { no_cloak no_hat no_pants topless }
    }
    lower_right_portrait = {
        CHARACTER = scope:carn_sex_target
        animation = sex
        outfit_tags = { no_cloak no_hat no_pants topless }
    }

no_cloak, no_hat, no_pants are located in mod\char_body_overhaul\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers "remove_outfit_modifiers" while topless is in "01_clothes" I can't tell if no cloak no hat no pants is working but its clear that topless isn't, so I guess check if 01_clothes is where it should be? 01_clothes is meant to overwrite a base game file, so compatibility is annoying (but necessary to avoid stick figures), but if you have no other mods on then there would be nothing to overwrite it.

I don't see a "topless" entry in "01_clothes".  The base Carn scenes work fine using a "no_clothes" tag. Searching through my workshop and documents folders the only file the has "topless" is your sex_life_events.txt file.

5 hours ago, cap88 said:

I don't see a "topless" entry in "01_clothes".  The base Carn scenes work fine using a "no_clothes" tag. Searching through my workshop and documents folders the only file the has "topless" is your sex_life_events.txt file.

I downloaded my own file to be certain it should be there, if not you need to download a more recent version of the mod. 

The reason I switched from "no_clothes" to "topless" is because the no clothes tag includes the bedchamber outfits (for when the player has their nudity settings off) so if a character was sick (or in my case has a vow of poverty) they wouldn't get naked in the event. 

Topless.PNG

16 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

So pregnancy chance is one of those things that's really hard to balance. If no one in the world is having children that's an issue, otherwise you can just turn the pregnancy change up. I had it set at 5% for full pregnancy chance and 1% for avoid pregnancy but decided that was to high. Now its at 2.5% and 0.5%. You can up it common\script_values the file is located in the pregnancy_values file. Its just a number so its super easy to modify. Let me know because balancing that is something I'd love input on. 

As to the rape events. That is most definitely not this mod. The mod only includes 4 consenual sex events. However it does make use of the carnalitas sex scene on action. So a different mod you have has added those sex scenes and didn't add triggers to them.

I did some checking and determined the issue may have been caused by having non-con events on and having super high fertility using Pikas cheat mod.  The rape continued with only this mod and the required others along with Carnalitas, but my stats were very high and there may have been some formula for a rape event that was triggered as a result.  With modded stats the frequency of the event seems to be increased along with having more wives or concubines.  I disabled non-cons in Caranalitas and the rape events are no longer an issue.  I was not getting pregnancy before and that may have due to fertility numbers being out of scope from the pika modded save file.  No further issues now.

22 hours ago, hockeystop said:

Had the same thing. It seems that these three mods do not play well with most of the other mods here. It was playing havoc with Arousal framework in my case, removing all means of reducing arousal, which apparently means that horny characters go around raping everybody. I didn't bother narrowing down the culprit mod, I just disabled these three mods.

13 hours ago, SoCalExile said:

Something about either this mod or one of the required mods conflicts with Daughters of Lust in that you can't get succubus power from sex. 

This makes sense and was something I hadn’t considered. I’ll try to look into making this compatible.

16 hours ago, fifthpint2 said:

Had the same thing. It seems that these three mods do not play well with most of the other mods here. It was playing havoc with Arousal framework in my case, removing all means of reducing arousal, which apparently means that horny characters go around raping everybody. I didn't bother narrowing down the culprit mod, I just disabled these three mods.

I would imagine this interferes with the arousal framework. It’s something very similar, the arousal framework is basically the same idea just limited to the player but it’s at a much later stage of development, so it has more features. Since they are so similar compatibility might be difficult but I’ll look into it.

Nice idea, but kinda spammy as of now. Understandable given it makes sense that lovers would have some action every other day or so, but actually makes game kinda hard to play with these windows popping up all the time, especially if you have more than 1 wife.

Just now, Mams said:

Nice idea, but kinda spammy as of now. Understandable given it makes sense that lovers would have some action every other day or so, but actually makes game kinda hard to play with these windows popping up all the time, especially if you have more than 1 wife.

Should only be once a year, right? (Mainly want to make sure there isn't a bug there)

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

Should only be once a year, right? (Mainly want to make sure there isn't a bug there)

Just played a game every month I was getting a sex scene. Borderline impossible to play because how how many times my wife was banging my character lmao. Not sure how to fix this it might be other mods? But as of now im not sure all I know is that it's very hard to progress because of the window constantly popping up.