How to upload a sim model

Hello fellow simmers could some dear person(s) enlighten me on how to upload an sim model including cc so as to be complete and into game by just downloading and putting into appropriot folders, this will only be for lovers lab as i am not be interested in patreon so i guess it will be stored on LL is that a correct assumtion, anyway i hope some kind simmer can help me love to all. xx

examples of my my models479883944_04-03-21_7-26-09PM.png.c388c3028da95850266a7aadac282040.png131303251_04-03-21_10-04-12AM.png.c398ccd6b16581ed59dc31210c430c6f.png985329630_04-03-21_10-04-50AM.png.9d81f1ed42700e177d933c011f71953a.png1789106070_04-03-21_10-03-49AM.png.acb2e7ce623b64a20759a843afb72dcc.pngodels

04-03-21_7-27-30 PM.png

04-03-21_7-25-26 PM.png

2 hours ago, johnpage said:

could some dear person(s) enlighten me on how to upload an sim model

I am not a Sims aficionado. That being said uploading a mod on LL is straightforward (at least compared to Nexus).

Go to the downloads page. You can get there from any other page by hitting the downloads button on the top right of your screen (marked with a red oval on my screenshot).

Spoiler

Screenie1.jpg

Then hit the Green "Submit a file" button (marked in the screenshot with a green oval). Then just follow the step-by-step directions that the site gives you.

Good luck and have fun!

2 hours ago, johnpage said:

Thanks for that but really want to know is how to create the file and what do i do before i send it to LL ?

You have to gather the Sim's Tray files and all of their CC files and zip them into an archive that you upload here.

Thank you for that info correct me if i am wrong but do i remember sims studio finds the package files for me or is there a correct way of sifting through tons of cc to find the files i have some 25GB of cc and i cant imagine sifting through that lot. all best.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, johnpage said:

Thank you for that info correct me if i am wrong but do i remember sims studio finds the package files for me or is there a correct way of sifting through tons of cc to find the files i have some 25GB of cc and i cant imagine sifting through that lot. all best.

There should be a 'Tray Exporter' tool for sims and cc which should do the job. If you used merged packages it should support a 2nd location for the original packages. But reading them all may take ages quite long.

Thanks for all comments  my lovelies but i think this is looking way past my tech level so i think i will just sit back and enjoy my game, its bad enough trying to fix things when something goes wrong but to find specific files meeh!

On 4/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, johnpage said:

Thanks for all comments  my lovelies but i think this is looking way past my tech level so i think i will just sit back and enjoy my game, its bad enough trying to fix things when something goes wrong but to find specific files meeh!

You should not give up so easy , it sounds harder than it is .

As I see you got 25GB cc in your game , that's really a lot ... wow

I got now 20GB and in the next weeks I will use the 'Tray Exporter' tool (that is a free program) to remove some cc from my mods folder that I no more need ... just put the unwanted stuff on a totaly naked sims (this sim should wear no make up , hair or lashes) ...... I hope to get rid off at least of 500mB . 

Everyone who plays the Sims should have the 'Tray Exporter' tool installed on the computer .... it helps a lot to remove unwanted or brocken custom content too . 

13 hours ago, Captain Rondo said:

You should not give up so easy , it sounds harder than it is .

As I see you got 25GB cc in your game , that's really a lot ... wow

I got now 20GB and in the next weeks I will use the 'Tray Exporter' tool (that is a free program) to remove some cc from my mods folder that I no more need ... just put the unwanted stuff on a totaly naked sims (this sim should wear no make up , hair or lashes) ...... I hope to get rid off at least of 500mB . 

Everyone who plays the Sims should have the 'Tray Exporter' tool installed on the computer .... it helps a lot to remove unwanted or brocken custom content too . 

Captain Rondo Thank you Kiptin (star trek voice) that would be handy i will look into it as im sure i have some broken cc, incidentally 25gb is nothing compared to some i've seen here on LL, cc is the only way to make sims 4 look anywhere near descent if i played sims 4 unmodded it would look and act like a bunch of crap sims 3 was much better but took foreeeeeever to load, however i'm rambling Tray Exporter tool i will look for thanks again.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:49 PM, johnpage said:

Captain Rondo Thank you Kiptin (star trek voice) that would be handy i will look into it as im sure i have some broken cc, incidentally 25gb is nothing compared to some i've seen here on LL, cc is the only way to make sims 4 look anywhere near descent if i played sims 4 unmodded it would look and act like a bunch of crap sims 3 was much better but took foreeeeeever to load, however i'm rambling Tray Exporter tool i will look for thanks again.

An other question , how long does it takes for you to start the Sims 4 with 25BG ?

It takes over 12 minutes for me with 20GB to start the game ....

acctually i lied i have 30.2 gb of content in my sims 4 folder and from pushing start on desktop to sitting in map screen ooh! 3 minutes and i dont have a top notch pc.

i did what you suggested and got hold of tray importer tool and managed to clear some broken cc i will look more thoroughly over time. btw your startup of 12 mins tells me you may have a lot of conflicting mods thats what caused me to lagg many moons ago i used mod conflict detector from modthesims to give a rough idea of what was conflicting then 50/50 method till running smooth let me know if you get sims to run faster. all best

• 10 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 10:00 AM, johnpage said:

acctually i lied i have 30.2 gb of content in my sims 4 folder and from pushing start on desktop to sitting in map screen ooh! 3 minutes and i dont have a top notch pc.

i did what you suggested and got hold of tray importer tool and managed to clear some broken cc i will look more thoroughly over time. btw your startup of 12 mins tells me you may have a lot of conflicting mods thats what caused me to lagg many moons ago i used mod conflict detector from modthesims to give a rough idea of what was conflicting then 50/50 method till running smooth let me know if you get sims to run faster. all best

Just 3 minutes ???

I need this too , do you talk about this tool :

https://modthesims.info/d/561550/mod-conflict-detector-update-03-03-2018.html

37 minutes ago, Captain Rondo said:

Just 3 minutes ???

I need this too , do you talk about this tool :

https://modthesims.info/d/561550/mod-conflict-detector-update-03-03-2018.html

That mod is quite obsolete and will give false positives on certain Mod conflicts.

I stopped using it long ago.

MCCC has quite good error detection and reporting built in so when you get an error you can see quite a few details about any duplicates and other problems.

Running too many script mods at the same time can cause game lag too.

More mods/cc = longer load times as the PC has to load everything from a slow ass HDD.

Laptop HDD's are normally the slowest but it depends on the age and other specs.

Edited by Scorpio
29 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

That mod is quite obsolete and will give false positives on certain Mod conflicts.

I stopped using it long ago.

MCCC has quite good error detection and reporting built in so when you get an error you can see quite a few details about any duplicates and other problems.

Running too many script mods at the same time can cause game lag too.

More mods/cc = longer load times as the PC has to load everything from a slow ass HDD.

Laptop HDD's are normally the slowest but it depends on the age and other specs.

Good to know , that this tool is outdated .

I got an 5 years old desktop computer with a normal HDD .

About script mods , I just got WW , MCCC and just 5 small mods of Littlemssam in my game .

My problem is the loading time , it takes over 12 minutes for me with 20GB to start the game .

1 hour ago, Captain Rondo said:

I got an 5 years old desktop computer with a normal HDD .

About script mods , I just got WW , MCCC and just 5 small mods of Littlemssam in my game .

My problem is the loading time , it takes over 12 minutes for me with 20GB to start the game .

10GB and about 3 min. load time.

My Motherboard is around 10 yrs old with an i5 6500K CPU

But I've added 16GB Memory and a better 4GB Graphics Card along the way.

7200 RPM HDD's tho.

Your load time seems a bit too long to me so you might be running a 5400 RPM HDD with a smaller cache.

My guess is your file transfer rate is bottle necked either from the HDD itself or a slower interface buss on your Motherboard.

I'd run some HDD performance tests and do some comparisons with some other setups online.

But Online Performance tests on my PC also show my HDD as the bottleneck too.

Most of the new systems have SSD's but I don't trust them as I've had 2 of them fail before at around 1 year old, lol.

Far too painful setting everything up all over again after it happened and my old HDD's are just far more reliable.  

I have all my Widows power settings to always on/performance and all other settings are set for performance. 

7 hours ago, Scorpio said:

10GB and about 3 min. load time.

My Motherboard is around 10 yrs old with an i5 6500K CPU

But I've added 16GB Memory and a better 4GB Graphics Card along the way.

7200 RPM HDD's tho.

Your load time seems a bit too long to me so you might be running a 5400 RPM HDD with a smaller cache.

My guess is your file transfer rate is bottle necked either from the HDD itself or a slower interface buss on your Motherboard.

I'd run some HDD performance tests and do some comparisons with some other setups online.

But Online Performance tests on my PC also show my HDD as the bottleneck too.

Most of the new systems have SSD's but I don't trust them as I've had 2 of them fail before at around 1 year old, lol.

Far too painful setting everything up all over again after it happened and my old HDD's are just far more reliable.  

I have all my Widows power settings to always on/performance and all other settings are set for performance. 

I got a : TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

I just got 8GB Memory , not sure how many GB my graphics card got .

Few years ago as I had also just 10GB cc was my load time under 5 minutes (maybe 3 minutes too) .

7 hours ago, Captain Rondo said:

I got a : TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

That's a nice fast HDD so it's not the problem.

You would think if your Mods folder is twice the size as mine the load time should only be twice the load time.

Mods are wonderful but we tend to become collectors and hoarders so after a couple years they can get crazy.

I'm digging in my Mods all the time now and cleaning out things I never use like right now I have a bunch or Maxis Match Hairstyles I never use as I prefer using the Alpha Hairstyles.

These are the one I collect the most of but they are larger file sizes so they might load faster than a bunch of smaller files IDK.

Tons of CC is typically the area where most users get overloaded by having 20 different lipstick CC, etc., and only using one or two favorites.

Decent Clothing is another area Sims 4 is lacking in and I still don't have enough replacement CC.

Luckily I don't use but a few BB items like RVSN kitchen appliances and some beds because BB objects is another type that could get bloated if users are also builders.

Just have to take the time to study your Mods and pick out favorites or 'must haves' and remove the rest.

Some like merging many CC files into one, or more, larger files by category but I ended up with duplicates later on when I downloaded more CC.

You have to keep a backup of un-merged CC so you can look at them to see if you have any before downloading the same ones again.

But I never really noticed much difference in load times with merged CC as I suspect my <10gb size doesn't really need it.

In your case it might be worth testing to see if you can save a minute or two.

But if you don't notice much difference then just go back to the normal un-merged CC.

It's just easier/safer if you download new CC frequently.

Keep your CC organized by categories in folders named Makeup, Hairstyles, Shoes, etc., so when you look in a folder you can see what all you have easier at a glance.

Make sure you don't have duplicates.

Open your WickedWhimsInfoLog.log file and scroll down past all your Mods/CC to find the 'Possible Duplicates' entry and make sure it's at 0.

If not then hunt down the dupes and delete them.

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

That's a nice fast HDD so it's not the problem.

You would think if your Mods folder is twice the size as mine the load time should only be twice the load time.

Mods are wonderful but we tend to become collectors and hoarders so after a couple years they can get crazy.

I'm digging in my Mods all the time now and cleaning out things I never use like right now I have a bunch or Maxis Match Hairstyles I never use as I prefer using the Alpha Hairstyles.

These are the one I collect the most of but they are larger file sizes so they might load faster than a bunch of smaller files IDK.

Tons of CC is typically the area where most users get overloaded by having 20 different lipstick CC, etc., and only using one or two favorites.

Decent Clothing is another area Sims 4 is lacking in and I still don't have enough replacement CC.

Luckily I don't use but a few BB items like RVSN kitchen appliances and some beds because BB objects is another type that could get bloated if users are also builders.

Just have to take the time to study your Mods and pick out favorites or 'must haves' and remove the rest.

Some like merging many CC files into one, or more, larger files by category but I ended up with duplicates later on when I downloaded more CC.

You have to keep a backup of un-merged CC so you can look at them to see if you have any before downloading the same ones again.

But I never really noticed much difference in load times with merged CC as I suspect my <10gb size doesn't really need it.

In your case it might be worth testing to see if you can save a minute or two.

But if you don't notice much difference then just go back to the normal un-merged CC.

It's just easier/safer if you download new CC frequently.

Keep your CC organized by categories in folders named Makeup, Hairstyles, Shoes, etc., so when you look in a folder you can see what all you have easier at a glance.

Make sure you don't have duplicates.

Open your WickedWhimsInfoLog.log file and scroll down past all your Mods/CC to find the 'Possible Duplicates' entry and make sure it's at 0.

If not then hunt down the dupes and delete them.

Thanks for all

I have found and deleted 8 duplicates .

I got a lot sexy clothes that I never use ..... it's time to get rid of many , that will take hours but it's worth it . ^^