1 hour ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Second surprise: It takes noticably longer to enslave someone and is buggier about doing so. Maybe I'm just new to the mod but it's a lot harder to judge when is the right time to talk to them to get the "You're my slave now put this collar on" after activating the enslave option on an npc

DoM is a lot more script-intensive than bare PAHE.  Obviously, it has to be, because it's doing so many more things.  So, if your modlist is already bloated with other script-intensive mods, you're going to run into script lag, and that can cause issues.  I almost never have any glitchiness around enslavement, but I'm also very consciously selective about adding scripted mods to my load order.  Ask yourself if you really need all those quest mods and such, and you'll limit the issues greatly.

Third surprise: They attack even when wearing the super duper collar.

You can discourage them from fighting back by putting them in heavy bondage—straitjackets, armbinders, etc.  It's not magic, but it makes more sense—you'd be less likely to pick a fight, too, if you were denied use of your arms.

The fourth surprise: The MCM does not provide options to turn off these new Diary Of Mine features

False.  If you don't want them to be able to fight back, you can turn off "Alarm for runaway slaves" in the Debug tab of the MCM. 

but is it still possible with Diary Of Mine to do have a less micro management type of gameplay? DOM looke really interesting but

If you learn to use the mechanics to your advantage, training you can definitely get a lot more efficient at training slaves.  But what exactly is it that "looks interesting" about DoM if you don't want to do any micro-management?  Pretty much the whole point of DoM is that it adds a lot of richness and complexity to the training process and adds a lot more interaction between the PC and her slaves.  With DoM, slaves feel like the most alive, most fully realised characters in the game—although a bit too moody in the current build—but you don't benefit from any of that if you're not interacting with your slaves.  Your statement sounds a bit like, "I like this mod, but I don't like what it does."

1 hour ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

If you don't want them to be able to fight back, you can turn off "Alarm for runaway slaves" in the Debug tab of the MCM. 

Ah I thought that was just to turn on or off the notification if they run away,

To answer the point you make though, what looks interesting to me is the character depth. It's that it gives all these different npcs personality. That's the same reason I love Amorous Adventures, the romance quests provide personality to npcs that didn't have it before.

Except with Amorous Adventures the core game play is still Skyrim. My experience with Diary of Mine is that the core gameplay is the slavery mod. I respect why there's an audience for that but I also don't think I'm being unreasonable for wanting a skyrim mod where the core gameplay is skyrim. So yeah maybe I'm a casual or whatever and perhaps I came off like a dick but it seems in your negativity that you are confirming that this mod is not for me. 

I'll do my homework and read through the mod support thread. I know you've put a lot of work into this mod and playing with it. It's your passion for it that made me want to try it out so no disrespect is meant and I appreciate your perspective and response. I hope I am just ignorant and that there are some things that are unintuitive but that I can still love this mod as much as you.

Edited by Farsh-nuke
typos
3 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

My experience with Diary of Mine is that the core gameplay is the slavery mod. I respect why there's an audience for that but I also don't think I'm being unreasonable for wanting a skyrim mod where the core gameplay is skyrim.

Well, I'd say, as in all parts of life, beware of reductionist binaries.  It's not really an "either/or" situation so much as a "both/and" one, and the balance between the core Skyrim experience and the slaver role is a sliding scale depending on how many slaves you want to capture.  There are some users who basically seem to be on a mission to turn every living thing in Skyrim into a slave, and if that's your game, it's going to be a full-time job whether you're using DoM or not.  And if you just want to grab a couple of slaves and otherwise play normally, you can do that with or without DoM, but with DoM, those couple of slaves will basically be followers with a lot more personality than any but the best-written custom quest-driven, voice-acted followers.  

Personally, I avoid either extreme.  The way I play, I tend to go do some quests and make some progress toward whatever Skyrim objectives I have for a given playthrough, and once I've captured a handful of new slaves, I settle into a city for a day or two, train them up, decide who to keep, decide whom to sell the rest to, and then repeat the process.  I try to plan my play to balance raiding bandits with clearing out draugr, giants, dragons, etc. to manage how many slaves I capture and how frequently I need to stop to deal with them.

8 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

As it's been mentioned here, I'm getting similar probs.  

I have 8.1.4 and 2.11.0 in play, Female Player, Female slaves and, try as I might, I can only get 1 (ONE) animation to play when using the 'You need to be punished->Strip!' and 'OK Slave...->'I'm going to fuck you' dialogues when using my normal Sexlab settings.  It's the 'Zyn Standing Rough' (think I have that right).  It's the only option in the list shown with the SL '0' key option

I've tried everything that I can think of without success.   Registered and reregistered animations in SL, rebuilt the anim registry etc. 

Using 'Follow me for sex' dialogue prompts work OK with a whoile range of installed animations showing on press '0'.  I'm presently trying to update SL 1.63BETA9  to the release version, but that breaks other mods in this game's LO ?

I've tried ...

- without any aggressive animations.  Here, installed Lez anims DO play, and show up on the SL '0' key list

- player set as Male - all aggressdive anims show, but Strap On's won't show

- variations on the SL player placement settings

- changing SL filter combos for ZAZ and DD

... but nothing seems to change anything

Anyone any idea what I might be doing wrong, please?

Do you by any chance have the "Override if needed" - Checkbox ticked in ZaZ-MCM? This can cause this that you won´t get SL-Animations

38 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

I'll do my homework and read through the mod support thread.

Check out my guide too, it might help you out a bit, link is in my signature below. If you read the main mod page and my guide you should have a pretty good idea if you like what it has to offer, it's a bit of a long read, but everything gets explained. No need to read the entire support thread :)

Just try it out a bit more and see if it makes the gameplay more interesting or just more difficult for you. You can just play with it and see what happens, then decide if you like it. 

For the fighting back stuff, you can toggle that like @Antiope_Apollonia said, or you can use a gag + wrist restraints from either Zaz animation pack or Devious Devices. And also as she said, the script load can make things go a bit slower, if you installed this mod on a running game that would hurt a bit, also just having too many scripty mods will hurt you too.

I run like 250 mods but none of them add quests, and I can go without issue. You just gotta pick and choose what's most important to your load order.

You can still play it as Skyrim if you want. This mod makes training more involved, more difficult, but more rewarding. But there's nothing stopping you from taking a break from slavery and doing some story or side quests. You can leave well trained slaves alone and they won't escape. 

You can have trainers too, just like before if you really want. The mod works with HSH and makes some personalities better at training than others, for example. 

15 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

beware of reductionist binaries.  

I reduced what I was saying to something simple because I elaborated and the elaboration was ignored. That and normally I'm long winded as heck and I'm trying to be better about that.

I'm not trying enslave them all. In fact most of those I will be enslaving are custom followers installed for that purpose. 

This was my first time playing with DOM and I'm still trying to learn the flow of the mod. I did notice that a curious thing happened over time. I was first annoyed when I realised the super collars of leashing didn't stop the slaves fighting or escaping then I realised I had multiple followers with me who would immediately 'punish' the slave if they tried to fight or run and so there was no reason not put someone in a basic collar. The added difficulty actually ended up removing one of the core elements of tension. Although there is now a lot of collateral damage since the murder ball following my player does not just attack hostiles. It's kind of fascinating if frustrating.

I'll keep playing with the mod and I hope I can make it work for me. What I want is to be able to pick up a slave to add to my party then drop them off to be trained before selling them on to someone I think they'd make a cute pet to. My endgame for the slavery mods is giving my favourite npcs pets they will love and cherish. It may be DOM is not what I want gameplay wise but roleplay wise that depth, if I can make it work for my playstyle, would be great.

To be clear my interest comes from reading erotica by the likes of Emily Tilton and Samantha Madisen. stuff that bares no relation to reality and would be evil if it was but as fiction is really rather adorable power imbalanced relationships.

Anyway I'll shut up now and get back to reading through 160 pages of this thread lol

5 hours ago, kf05 said:

Do you by any chance have the "Override if needed" - Checkbox ticked in ZaZ-MCM? This can cause this that you won´t get SL-Animations

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, but that's not ticked, I'm afraid ?

I even tried restarting ZAZ though, and that did pick up on a few anims that seemed to have got out of the registered list ...

I've added an EDIT to my earler post to provide a bit more info though, which seems to let me do what I want to do....

Edited by DonQuiWho
1 hour ago, danta said:

I found a bug I think . Serana and valerica dont reconise each other as mother and daughter. 

if they're intended to be mother-daughter, the bug is in dawnguard as missing any relationship ties

15 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

I suppose the obvious questions are:

'Which Mod

- Is asking for those 'GetbyTags'?

- Why is it requiring those tags specifically?

- Why is it setting 'Require All=TRUE'?

found the tags you noted are in pahe, but there's no mention of "Require All=TRUE" in there so i'm guessing that's the factor here that wasn't accounted for when the script was written or when the tags were chosen

to fix this i'm going to reduce the number of tags required for aggressive animations.

the screenshots are of vaginal animations with too many tags required, are you getting the same problems when using oral or anal animations

12 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

found the tags you noted are in pahe, but there's no mention of "Require All=TRUE" in there so i'm guessing that's the factor here that wasn't accounted for when the script was written or when the tags were chosen

to fix this i'm going to reduce the number of tags required for aggressive animations.

the screenshots are of vaginal animations with too many tags required, are you getting the same problems when using oral or anal animations

I'll have to go back and check what's being asked for on oral and anal.  I'll get back to you with what I find, but that might have to be tomorrow or later

Anyway, reducing the number of tags required sounds like a good start!   A lot of the existing tags in that example seem vaguely random, and pretty pointless too, even if you do  remove the 'RequireAll=True'.   And especially so if the player has selected 'aggressive' animations on both the basic and punishment MCM options in PAHE! 

I don't know where the selection logic kicks in on those, but if you could just opt to select or suppress 'Agressive, AggressiveDefault' that would be a start.  But I realise that that might leave in some 'agressive' anims not actually tagged as such by the anim creators, so I guess you can't every really guarantee winning to the point that everyone is going to be perfectly happy!  ?

Anyway, thanks for looking at it, and I hope it's been helpful 

1 hour ago, DonQuiWho said:

if you could just opt to select or suppress 'Agressive, AggressiveDefault' that would be a start.  But I realise that that might leave in some 'agressive' anims not actually tagged as such by the anim creators, so I guess you can't every really guarantee winning to the point that everyone is going to be perfectly happy!  ?

Anyway, thanks for looking at it, and I hope it's been helpful 

Spoiler

If(aggressive)
        If(tag=="")
            tag = "Aggressive"
        Else
            tag = tag + ",Aggressive"
        EndIf
    EndIf

above formula gives aggresive tags and the remaining tags for next update are going to be :

tag = tag + ",Vaginal, sex"

3 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

are you getting the same problems when using oral or anal animations

I recall when using a female character using oral sex dialogue, it has those three oral animations hard-coded, rather than filtering by tags. 

Could we revisit that too? I think if it just looked for anything with the cunnilingus tag, it would be fine. That might play some SLAL animations that have cunnilingus in them but then become penatrative, but that's always the risk of using those anyway. If it's an FF scene you could check for ff or lesbian tags as well. 

Those without SLAL should still see the hard-coded animations anyway, but those with SLAL would see more. Thoughts? 

2 hours ago, CliftonJD said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If(aggressive)
        If(tag=="")
            tag = "Aggressive"
        Else
            tag = tag + ",Aggressive"
        EndIf
    EndIf

above formula gives aggresive tags and the remaining tags for next update are going to be :

tag = tag + ",Vaginal, sex"

Managed to escape the family trolls and have a quick passing look

Can I ask my personal $64K question?

If you do that, will it mess with the present outcomes of the animations and effects coming from the 'Time to get a Little Rough' dialogue? - which all seem to be just fine 

I wouldn't want to find those restricted, as I have a vested interest in them, as they work just fine for my style of training, which is basically aimed at providing every male NPC in the whole of Skyrim, albeit at exorbitant cost, with a hot blooded nympho to warm those cold Northern nights, a world in which the niceties of their perceptions and feelings is of very secondary importance 

I may be old, and quite 'woke' in RL, but 'tagging' those traits into impeding my fantasies would be a backward step, even in Tamriel's evolutionary path towards the 5th Era ...  

?

2 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

I recall when using a female character using oral sex dialogue, it has those three oral animations hard-coded, rather than filtering by tags. 

Could we revisit that too? I think if it just looked for anything with the cunnilingus tag, it would be fine. That might play some SLAL animations that have cunnilingus in them but then become penatrative, but that's always the risk of using those anyway. If it's an FF scene you could check for ff or lesbian tags as well. 

Those without SLAL should still see the hard-coded animations anyway, but those with SLAL would see more. Thoughts? 

ya, it seems to only be specific to the aggressive oral, so it would only make sense if the tagging system was that bad. no aggressive lesbian oral scenes maybe?

26 minutes ago, InsanityFactor said:

That's from HSH, so should not be affected by changes to PAHE. (I assume) 

ya, i would expect musje wouldn't have put it there if it used the pahe script

12 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

ya, it seems to only be specific to the aggressive oral, so it would only make sense if the tagging system was that bad. no aggressive lesbian oral scenes maybe?

Oh is it? That would make sense for aggressive I suppose, but I could've sworn it was doing that for consensual as well...Can you confirm? 

Can someone recommend me mods that are required for this one to run properly as well as the correct load order?

Also, is zaz a hard requirement? I am so confused with the so many versions that exist that I dont know which one is better...

6 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

OK

Managed to find some time to escape to deal with this

Using Dialogue ... 'OK Sleve (EDIT Sleve?  Slave ...) ... -> I'm going to fuck you'

VAGINAL - as before

1614256186_SkyrimSE2022-06-0623-07-42-511.jpg.555bbd2448b75431d129da18a393fc4f.jpg

ORAL

1517860952_SkyrimSE2022-06-0623-13-04-486.jpg.c4c5ba117abd1bfe37af30368d729ec1.jpg

951895585_SkyrimSE2022-06-0623-13-17-403.jpg.bcfe8c08a4bc65b60011c2105ebe6202.jpg

ANAL

567190086_SkyrimSE2022-06-0623-14-22-415.jpg.212a8bb143b4f03b028fa7dcd3fa1321.jpg

640036520_SkyrimSE2022-06-0623-15-33-468.jpg.fe079ff68ecb4be58072f1399afbd3ff.jpg

1938961900_SkyrimSE2022-06-0623-15-40-354.jpg.e883ce513290a6de93b12ee78d1919cf.jpg

Hope that was what you were looking for   (I really am getting much too old for this  LOL)

Making allowances for the awful taste in fashion,  ?  I hope that's what you were looking for  ?

DQW

Edited by DonQuiWho
4 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

Oh is it? That would make sense for aggressive I suppose, but I could've sworn it was doing that for consensual as well...Can you confirm? 

Consensual lesbian oral works fine for me.  

4 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

no aggressive lesbian oral scenes maybe?

Almost no aggressive lesbian animations exist.  I think there might be one in the Psyche animation pack, but there's a huge gap here.  I've been working with Billyy on how to design bound/aggressive lesbian animations to hopefully get something to plug that hole in the coming months, but it takes time.  Feel free to go post in the Billyy animation pack thread to express your interest in them, though, and maybe it'll bump up the queue in his packed pipeline. ? 

Edited by Antiope_Apollonia
30 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Consensual lesbian oral works fine for me.  

Using the "Ok slave..." dialogue? Cool, I haven't used it in a while but that's good news.

31 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Almost no aggressive lesbian animations exist. 

Try Anubs animation pack. There's maybe 3 in there. One is overtly aggressive, the other I don't remember if they are or not but there's some other lesbian animations in there at any rate.

52 minutes ago, InsanityFactor said:

Using the "Ok slave..." dialogue?

Always.

52 minutes ago, InsanityFactor said:

Try Anubs animation pack.

Might have to give it a look.  The Anubs animations that are included in the default Sexlab pre-installed animations and in the DF Spank SLAL mini-pack are quite not to my taste, though.  I have every confidence that Billyy's will be well worth the wait—his non-aggressive lesbian animations are excellent.