[mod] Character Body Overhaul

2 hours ago, Platinphoenixx said:

I'd try doing a completely new install. again, even if more stable, FPS should drop for me too if it were an issue with the mod itself.

Tried it, and you're my fucking hero. Not only is FPS now as perfect as in vanilla with all settings returned back to highest, I also realised I had forgotten to enable physical attributes.

When installing I noticed that the mod-files from my install from yesterday was slightly different than the freshly downloaded ones. I do wonder if I fucked up and unpacked it with winzip by accident despite reading the warning. ?

Edited by Kashked

anyone having problems with vanilla ?. 

does not seem to be actually doing anything. i have everything downloaded properly . i have cbo downloaded too and put in the right place. when i load the game up their bodies are just the exact same as the normal vanilla bodies.

worked fine back in 1.5

Edited by swiftpython
2 hours ago, swiftpython said:

anyone having problems with vanilla ?. 

does not seem to be actually doing anything. i have everything downloaded properly . i have cbo downloaded too and put in the right place. when i load the game up their bodies are just the exact same as the normal vanilla bodies.

worked fine back in 1.5

CBO vanilla is working as intended for me. Try a fresh install after deleting CBO, CBO Vanilla, and the CBO Clothes mods if you still have those left over from a previous version. Make sure Carnalitas is installed and CBO is placed under it, with CBO Vanilla placed under CBO. Make sure they're all enabled, of course, and try a new game. You should be good to go.

I'm having an issue or two that I'm not sure if it's your mod or another one causing your mod to not work properly, or it could be the way the DNA file I used meshes with your mod vs. how it did with vanilla body? For some reason once my character reaches the age of 17 or so, she has super muscular arms, and she's very curvy even a bit thick, compared to the DNA file I created using the ruler designer unlocked mod.  Even if her prowess is 0, she still looks like she does bicep curls for a living. Before the age of 17 or so she is not built like this. Also, when I try to add pubic hair via the options menu in full barbershop, nothing happens. All other features appear to work fine, or at least the ones I've messed with.

Also, is there a mod that you are aware of that would allow me to make body changes to a game already in progress? it's very frustrating to play 20 years of a game only to feel like I nee dot restart it to make the changes I would like to see.  

Before adding your mod I was always able to edit mid game certain elements of my characters physical attributes, but since adding your mod none of these mods appear to work anymore, I assume because I'm not using the vanilla body anymore. 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

I was hoping someone could give me a mod recommendation. I am looking for a way to make better use of the barbershop with CBO and full screen barbershop. As far as I can tell there is no way to strip your character to make use of the reveling clothes or underwear. Anyone know of a good mod, or am I overlooking something in CBO?

50 minutes ago, Ozvelpoon said:

I was hoping someone could give me a mod recommendation. I am looking for a way to make better use of the barbershop with CBO and full screen barbershop. As far as I can tell there is no way to strip your character to make use of the reveling clothes or underwear. Anyone know of a good mod, or am I overlooking something in CBO?

Go to the section for their normal clothes and choose "No clothes". Then take your pick from the revealing clothes once your character is naked. Do mind that it is impossible to do this for any character until they've turned 18, so if you are trying to do it on a custom-created 16-year old, there is indeed no way to strip them, and in either case, you will always have to wait until the character is 18 before you can remove their default clothing, although you can change it before that, though, but only between the normal sets.

9 hours ago, Kashked said:

Go to the section for their normal clothes and choose "No clothes". Then take your pick from the revealing clothes once your character is naked. Do mind that it is impossible to do this for any character until they've turned 18, so if you are trying to do it on a custom-created 16-year old, there is indeed no way to strip them, and in either case, you will always have to wait until the character is 18 before you can remove their default clothing, although you can change it before that, though, but only between the normal sets.

9 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Do NOT do that.

Instead, choose the "traits" option from the menu on the left side when in Fullscreen Barbershop and the select "naked" in the bottom left corner. Then, apply your desired clothing.

15 minutes ago, Platinphoenixx said:

Do NOT do that.

Instead, choose the "traits" option from the menu on the left side when in Fullscreen Barbershop and the select "naked" in the bottom left corner. Then, apply your desired clothing.

Any particular reason not to do that? It works. Genuine question, it how I've always done it.

people turn to their younger appearance when they die in this mod

game lags slightly when in the court room

and my characters look ripped in the creation screen after i assign the necessary traits. but after the game begins, their height switches to the tier below their assigned height while they also lose their muscle mass to become bland

also their portrait looks weird and cuts off just below the chest

example in attached picture

bug.png

6 hours ago, Kashked said:

Any particular reason not to do that? It works. Genuine question, it how I've always done it.

The mod author said it would cause issues with the models and warned not to use that option. According to him "it shouldn't even be there".

If you care to read it yourself, you'll have to go back a bunch of pages.

4 hours ago, Platinphoenixx said:

The mod author said it would cause issues with the models and warned not to use that option. According to him "it shouldn't even be there".

If you care to read it yourself, you'll have to go back a bunch of pages.

Alright. I haven't noticed any issues, but I'll avoid it from now on to be safe.

23 hours ago, LeoToolstoy said:

people turn to their younger appearance when they die in this mod

game lags slightly when in the court room

and my characters look ripped in the creation screen after i assign the necessary traits. but after the game begins, their height switches to the tier below their assigned height while they also lose their muscle mass to become bland

also their portrait looks weird and cuts off just below the chest

example in attached picture

bug.png

Can confirm. I'm having the exact same problems for the ruler designer. I even tried giving my character the huge trait and it seems to have made his body much smaller while keeping his head large.

Edited by Psychic88
3 hours ago, Narlepoax III said:

Is this mod currently incompatible with EPE?

I've used the two together before without issues, but it seems CBO breaks pretty much all of EPE's outfits.

Yeah, it is noted in the description on page 1 that maintaining compability with EPE wasn't possible.

Hi, really love your mod. However, do anyone might know why some character animations get sudden head twitching after I enable this mod? For example, if I stare the left female character on the main page for about 15 seconds, I get at least one head twitching. Same thing happens to other couple of animations. I attached a mp4 record to show the effect. Only two mods I enabled are
Carnalitas

char_body_overhaul

Somehow most characters in my game look like abominations with this mod. Very wide faces and extreme body propotions. I know many here desperately want XXX Breasts and Butts, but i consider it pretty pointless if double H Breasts are the norm. Is there a way to make the characters look more normal and still have access to animations via CBO?

On 7/29/2022 at 7:11 AM, hu82067818 said:

Hi, really love your mod. However, do anyone might know why some character animations get sudden head twitching after I enable this mod? For example, if I stare the left female character on the main page for about 15 seconds, I get at least one head twitching. Same thing happens to other couple of animations. I attached a mp4 record to show the effect. Only two mods I enabled are
Carnalitas

char_body_overhaul

I get it as well, maybe some conflicts with the game vanilla and cbo pose animations. Also what mod are you using for the characters eyes'? They look rather unique.

15 hours ago, chaosarah said:

Somehow most characters in my game look like abominations with this mod. Very wide faces and extreme body propotions. I know many here desperately want XXX Breasts and Butts, but i consider it pretty pointless if double H Breasts are the norm. Is there a way to make the characters look more normal and still have access to animations via CBO?

CBO Vanilla submod. Look at the mod's page.

Aside from the change gender presentation issues with teeth (only visible around ~.60), any chance we can have them wear gender appropriate clothes past a certain threshold? Letting them roam around naked is fun for a while, but it gets cold up in the north and a newly grown pair of boobs clipping through all your clothes is just gonna give you frostbite.