[mod] Character Body Overhaul

13 hours ago, cosplayking said:

After removing gfx/portraits,  gfx/models , common/genes and common/scripted_triggers from the Asia Expansion folder the looks of the characters have changed a little bit (obviously) but the body doesn't seem to have discolourations:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.518ebf4f2c044e0a40f9861df7526f14.png

image.thumb.png.1b34e4742813f154ab169d7cca679d29.png

I have a feeling it's not clothing related, perhaps it's simply related to the indexing of numbers that makes a mess.

There is discoloration; pay attention to the characters neck area. It is subtle but it is there,

2 hours ago, sagimine1 said:

There is discoloration; pay attention to the characters neck area. It is subtle but it is there,

Ah yes missed it but it's not as profound as the redness with the nipples being either red or pale as the skin. At least not as noticeable.  Best would be to create a compatibility fix but there's quite a few files in the Asia Expansion folder, custom clothing/accessories/genes(DNA) files and most of them seem to be working with some array/index kind of thing.

The developer of Asia Expansion is working on a new update as there's still quite a bit of errors in the mod itself, so will wait and see if the newer update ends up being not as buggy before I do an attempt at the scripting.

2 hours ago, cosplayking said:

Ah yes missed it but it's not as profound as the redness with the nipples being either red or pale as the skin. At least not as noticeable.  Best would be to create a compatibility fix but there's quite a few files in the Asia Expansion folder, custom clothing/accessories/genes(DNA) files and most of them seem to be working with some array/index kind of thing.

The developer of Asia Expansion is working on a new update as there's still quite a bit of errors in the mod itself, so will wait and see if the newer update ends up being not as buggy before I do an attempt at the scripting.

Just an hour or so they just release an update and it seems a lot stabled. I tried with CBO without CFP; the weird skin bruises and discoloration are gone. The only issues is Japanese are now naked. Which is an issue way better than bruise mark and discoloration. The Author for CFP compatibility for Asia Expansion, I sent them a message if they could update the mod when they are able to. When I tried CFP CBO and Asia Expansion mods, it seems to cause clothing issues for Japanese and Austro base cultures still without any bruises and discoloration.

2 hours ago, alknvnn said:

Is this religious clothing patched?

My bishop still comes out undressed.

1.jpg

Paradox changed the names of a bunch of religious things I guess I missed one and didn't notice since I use the CFP compatch. It's a quick fix and I just uploaded it.

4 hours ago, Hobosapiens said:

Just a big thanks for your work here, it brings flava between other events and let us appreciate our wifes/wives or mistress. 

One question, i see CBO clothes for some load order but don't have it when i download, is this from another autor ?

Loverslab has a max file size so I used to split cbo into multiple parts splitting up the clothes from the rest of it was just a logical way to split it up. But now that I use Mega I can upload it as one file. 

7 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Paradox changed the names of a bunch of religious things I guess I missed one and didn't notice since I use the CFP compatch. It's a quick fix and I just uploaded it.

It works 100% perfectly. Thank you!

On 7/2/2022 at 2:17 PM, Mange2020 said:

This is probably my fault, I put the mega link in two places its under the download button which is they way loverslab has you do it, and that I always remember to update. But I often forget to update the link in the description. Thing is the download button link isn't always intuitive because it looks like you are downloading a file that is a string of numbers.

And what NoNickNeeded says is right. CBO Vanilla overwrites some CBO files to be more similar to vanilla CK3.

TLDR, with CBO Vanilla breasts are half as big, characters don't get as fat, I remove the feature that adds variety in how characters carry their body fat. Hips, waist, butt, and shoulder sizes aren't in the vanilla game so I just cut them in half. Muscles variety is also increased by CBO but just because of how muscles are coded it was easier to make it a game rule. So there's no difference in muscles with CBO Vanilla.

Essentially paradox's meshes are relatively low poly (made of a relatively small number of triangles. So to compensate for this paradox uses normal mapping. Normal mapping basically adds shading to the models to mimic the shadowing you would see in real life. It also does some stuff to clothing like making the clothing of fat/muscular characters look like it's bursting at the seams and the clothing of skinny characters look crumpled. Complicated modeling stuff but it basically is a low processing power way of making models look more differentiated than the mesh is, but the effectiveness of this really depends on the angle you view the model from.

It's much easier to notice in modelling software but the actual difference between the blend shapes used by paradox are pretty minor. Since my models have many more polygons I can increase the size difference between the models. I usually use the normal mapping as a guide but some of it is subjective, I basically tried to make the maximum values you see in game actually look like the maximum in real life. But some people really didn't like the result, so people could have all the other CBO features while more or less retaining the relatively narrow paradox sizing. 

thank you for the response and the mod

so to confirm... is one or the other right? (vanilla vs full)

as you said the link in the description was down but i tried the other one and it was just fine and boii did you make a fine job it looks soo much better now

Also and this is for anyone with knowledge to help

i have this annoying issue

image.png.2e50048795d7673b51fedc328172a6d1.png

it happens mostly when they are 2 or more characters in the scene, if there is only one a duplicate appears on top of the character

sometimes the game crashes because of it and it did started to happen after i installed mods from here

like carnalitas and submods, cbo etc

20 hours ago, gurukof said:

so to confirm... is one or the other right? (vanilla vs full)

The CBO_Vanilla only contains a different set of base-values but not the models and textures.

So you need the big file on MEGA either way.

And if you want the vanilla-like bodies, you will need both the big CBO package and the 8kb CBO_Vanilla.

Hi! Been using your mod for a while now - fantastic work.

I've just updated my game and all my mods, and I'm running into an issue with the barbershop: it seems like the "Fix body for CBO Clothes" option is gone. Was this intentional, or is there something wrong with my game? I'm playing with CFP, and when I use the "No Clothes" outfit from that mod (or when I make love and the characters strip), I notice that female breast shapes seem off (flat, saggy, generally not as nice-looking as before), and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the nicer body shape back. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited by oduzavbq
4 hours ago, oduzavbq said:

Hi! Been using your mod for a while now - fantastic work.

I've just updated my game and all my mods, and I'm running into an issue with the barbershop: it seems like the "Fix body for CBO Clothes" option is gone. Was this intentional, or is there something wrong with my game? I'm playing with CFP, and when I use the "No Clothes" outfit from that mod (or when I make love and the characters strip), I notice that female breast shapes seem off (flat, saggy, generally not as nice-looking as before), and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the nicer body shape back. Any ideas on how to fix this?

All else being equal, tinker with your load order.

13 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

All else being equal, tinker with your load order.

I don't think it's load order related. I disabled every single one of my mods save for Carnalitas and CBO, and the issue was still present.

1 hour ago, oduzavbq said:

I don't think it's load order related. I disabled every single one of my mods save for Carnalitas and CBO, and the issue was still present.

Then all else is not equal then. ?

Carnalitas above CBO in the LO?

New game started with just these two mods?

Checked that the mod versions are the correct for your game version?

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Then all else is not equal then. ?

Carnalitas above CBO in the LO?

New game started with just these two mods?

Checked that the mod versions are the correct for your game version?

1) yes, CBO is last

2) yes, and the issue persists (just tested again to check)

3) Mods and game update are all their latest versions

Edited by oduzavbq
8 hours ago, oduzavbq said:

1) yes, CBO is last

2) yes, and the issue persists (just tested again to check)

3) Mods and game update are all their latest versions

In that case I'm stumped and not a little confused. Which problem is still there with only those two mods installed on a new game?

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Sorry, me being an idiot.

You will need CBO Carnal Court too, I think.

To be clear, the issue is that I no longer see a "Fix body for CBO Clothes" option in the barbershop. And when the game undresses female characters (either through Carnalitas sex or other nudity-related events) without that toggle, it seems as though the bodies don't use the higher-poly CBO body and instead just use vanilla nudity (which doesn't look as good). The same issue exists with Carnal Court as well.

I'm wondering if this is intended behavior introduced by a recent CBO update or not, or possibly a bug.

Edited by oduzavbq

Sorry, me being an idiot again

When I see 'barbershop' I always think 'Fullscreen Barbershop'. ? To be honest, I haven't a clue as to what options should be or not be there in drop-downs with barbershop. I don't pay too much attention to the "Fix body for CBO Clothes" option and the others as they have always been a bit hit and miss for me. I don't understand what they are supposed to be fixing.