[mod] Character Body Overhaul

2 hours ago, NOOneIsGoods said:

Does anyone know why my game could be crashing a week in. My game game always crashes on the 24th of September whenever I have this mod loaded. Anyone know why this could be happening?

Check the error.log in your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\crashes

Does anybody else have this problem? Muscular characters have boobs now, for some reason. It's been this way since the 1.5 update.

@Mange2020 I actually reported this when you first updated but I believe you missed it. It's %100 related to both the muscles & body shape. It gets more absurd the higher you set the body shape slider. This picture is from a game with nothing but CBO, CBO Clothes 1 & 2, Naked Ruler Designer (your one).

1.png

dear Lord...  Mange2020 oh my god, why?

\gfx\models\portraits\attachments\female_clothes\secular\western\nudity_01\female_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01.asset

texture_diffuse = "female_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_diffuse.dds"

i brain-raped myself to find that %) you should probably add dummy diffuse for nudity, damn leafs....

also for some reasons you lost 762_king_boleslaw & 161257_queen_wyszeslawa in your dna rewrites...

Edited by srx47
On 2/18/2022 at 12:37 PM, joemann said:

But how does this influence the working of the upper-left icon button? Everything seems to work as it should (even with - by coincidence - a giant character) but the button on which I had to click to pull the characters together is "dead".

Mange, I have installed the latest version including Carnal Court and CFP and the compatibility patch in the order indicated. The only thing I am not running is  Carnalitas  (I use my own mod which does not contain gfx or gui files). Everything works as it should except the damn left upper icon button which should pull the animation together in the event_window.

Does Carnalitas include anything that is necessary for the icon to work? Or is there an other explanation. I have tried it in new game starts with regular bookmark characters such as the Irish Murchard or Harold Godwinson but the icon is always "frozen".

Does anybody else have this issue?

5 hours ago, srx47 said:

dear Lord...  Mange2020 oh my god, why?

\gfx\models\portraits\attachments\female_clothes\secular\western\nudity_01\female_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01.asset

texture_diffuse = "female_clothes_secular_western_nudity_01_diffuse.dds"

i brain-raped myself to find that %) you should probably add dummy diffuse for nudity, damn leafs....

also for some reasons you lost 762_king_boleslaw & 161257_queen_wyszeslawa in your dna rewrites...

Thanks for the boleslaw/wyszesawa tip I saw this in the error log but thought it was one of the errors the dlc itself was throwing. They are the last two in the file I guess I must have missed them.

As to the file naming, I don't name the dds files lol. Paradox does. And they do often have one set of textures for both male and female clothing and they default to male naming. Happens a lot with armor too.

5 hours ago, sora3 said:

Hey guys, any ideas on why I have no heads in the game?image.png.7263c579249afa8c77d724bf0b8f596f.png

I heard this happens if you don't entirely delete the whole previous mod version and just try to paste in the new files. 

In general you shouldn't do this, because it won't get rid of old files that have been renamed or deleted etc. So just delete the entire previous version from your mod folder and replace it with the entire current version. The new DLC was huge. I had to delete a lot of shit.

2 hours ago, joemann said:

Mange, I have installed the latest version including Carnal Court and CFP and the compatibility patch in the order indicated. The only thing I am not running is  Carnalitas  (I use my own mod which does not contain gfx or gui files). Everything works as it should except the damn left upper icon button which should pull the animation together in the event_window.

Does Carnalitas include anything that is necessary for the icon to work? Or is there an other explanation. I have tried it in new game starts with regular bookmark characters such as the Irish Murchard or Harold Godwinson but the icon is always "frozen".

Does anybody else have this issue?

The icon button in the upper left hand corner icon button stopped being a thing a while ago. For sex animations in the event window the function the button used to have is automatically handled by the event adding the global_variable "sex_animation_event"

set_global_variable = {
                name = sex_animation_event
                value = yes
            }

And then removing on dismissal of the event 

remove_global_variable = sex_animation_event

All of this is different in Carnal Court, which instead uses a character_flag

add_character_flag = sex_animation_event

Which works better since it only applies to a single character and is possible because Carnal Court doesn't require GUI modding

On 2/20/2022 at 7:20 AM, Teghat said:

Does anybody else have this problem? Muscular characters have boobs now, for some reason. It's been this way since the 1.5 update.

@Mange2020 I actually reported this when you first updated but I believe you missed it. It's %100 related to both the muscles & body shape. It gets more absurd the higher you set the body shape slider. This picture is from a game with nothing but CBO, CBO Clothes 1 & 2, Naked Ruler Designer (your one).

1.png

It's an issue with that specific clothing blendshape. I reverted to paradox clothing blendshapes for back end reasons, and they are multiplied by the game. I've been slowly going through and making them work better. Some of the fat clothing shapes are messed up looking too at high levels. Its also a shadow issue. Turn off the SSAO that will help the shadows.

8 hours ago, cold winter storm said:

with the 1.5 version a lot of rulers and courtiers startes to gain enormous amount of fat. Is it normal and planned and can it be avoided?

I really need to start changing the version numbers again. But tbh I think this is a physical attributes thing if that is a mod you use. With with mod I increase the upper range of fat for more variability in body shape but I don't change what makes character's fat. Because when a character hits the "obese" modifier in the base game, they are kinda just a little chubby (except with an obese face).

In previous versions of physical attributes I would make it so that only characters with exceptional traits would get that fat to balance it. But one of the many things changed in the dlc update was the weight system, and I haven't had a chance to look into it.

8 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

Can anyone explain to me how the created ruler is not the same in the creator as the game?

Are you using Physical Attributes as well? That's how Physical Attributes works - it completely randomizes all ruler's physical stats shortly after game start.