[mod] Character Body Overhaul

@Mange2020

Odd things going on with the breasts. In portraits and on map they seem to be bolted on (with characters themselves seeming fairly skinny), but in events and animations they are fine. Seems to be related to the fact there is no nudity toggle in the top right like there was in previous versions.

Relevant mod order is:

Carnalitas
CFP
CBO
CBO Clothes 1
CBO Clothes 2
CBO Carnal Court CFP Compatilble
Physical Attributes
Naked Ruler Designer

9c014f34c5c450c409df36a37ca74c86.jpg

267f71155251982c8231e5f81cb9d8bf.jpg

a8070544d02183247e827e8953c4c338.jpg

8 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

I heard this happens if you don't entirely delete the whole previous mod version and just try to paste in the new files. 

In general you shouldn't do this, because it won't get rid of old files that have been renamed or deleted etc. So just delete the entire previous version from your mod folder and replace it with the entire current version. The new DLC was huge. I had to delete a lot of shit.

Hmm, I had a suspicion this was the case but never knew it was a certain thing. Thanks!

HistoryNerd731 yes its mostly because there is two kind of nudity:

1) no_clothes - its "invisible clothes' (clothes_secular_western_nudity_01) so it doesn't clip with cloaks and accessories

2) is_naked flag - which shows bare doll - usually its breast much bigger and have different shape

Edited by srx47

Am I doing something wrong? I ask because all the women and teen males show up fine in game, but as soon the guys turn 18 their portraits and models go blank. The space where they should be is just empty.

This persists when trying to make new characters as well, the men are invisible.

Any help would be appreciated because I can't think of any conflicts. (since Carnal and simple shafts carnal are both compatible enough.)

42 minutes ago, srx47 said:

HistoryNerd731 yes its mostly because there is two kind of nudity:

1) no_clothes - its "invisible clothes' (clothes_secular_western_nudity_01) so it doesn't clip with cloaks and accessories

2) is_naked flag - which shows bare doll - usually its breast much bigger and have different shape

Not quite but I can see why you would think that. There are always some form of clothes applied to the models. The nudity clothes is the leaf. There are a couple of ways that mods get rid of the leaf. Its not that the type of nudity is different its that how that nudity is applied by code.

The mistake that a lot people make when trying to apply nudity to characters (and what's happening here) is that they don't realize that if you add a new portrait modifier all of the base game's portrait modifiers are still applied. In the base game when clothing is applied another portrait modifier is applied making character's "skinny" (it's not meant to be seen so its not designed to look good) which prevents clipping with clothing, it also makes breasts higher (looks like it's being held up by clothing) and smaller (makes them look more realistic because its impossible to model so close to the body). 

So what a lot of mods will do is just apply the no_clothes outfit. But that still leaves on the clothing portrait modifier. resulting in messed up looking bodies. Really its an error with whatever mod is applying the nudity.

4 hours ago, HistoryNerd731 said:

@Mange2020

Odd things going on with the breasts. In portraits and on map they seem to be bolted on (with characters themselves seeming fairly skinny), but in events and animations they are fine. Seems to be related to the fact there is no nudity toggle in the top right like there was in previous versions.

Relevant mod order is:

Carnalitas
CFP
CBO
CBO Clothes 1
CBO Clothes 2
CBO Carnal Court CFP Compatilble
Physical Attributes
Naked Ruler Designer

9c014f34c5c450c409df36a37ca74c86.jpg

267f71155251982c8231e5f81cb9d8bf.jpg

a8070544d02183247e827e8953c4c338.jpg

It's an error with however you are applying no_clothes. Not an error with the bodies. Nudity needs to be applied in 01_clothes or they will look wrong. A lot of mods don't.

18 minutes ago, Cendrinius said:

Am I doing something wrong? I ask because all the women and teen males show up fine in game, but as soon the guys turn 18 their portraits and models go blank. The space where they should be is just empty.

This persists when trying to make new characters as well, the men are invisible.

Any help would be appreciated because I can't think of any conflicts. (since Carnal and simple shafts carnal are both compatible enough.)

I'm guessing because you have Shafts which is entirely not compatible.

I'm getting floating characters and can't remember how I fixed it. I've done a fresh install and updated everything yet the models in the window are still not connected. I'm using intimate encounters which I'm assuming should still be working just fine. Here are my files if someone could take a look, 

Edit: fixed the issue finally, now i just gotta deal with the characters floating above my characters head in event windows.

ie_sex_scenes_on_actions.txt ie_consensual_sex_scene_missionary.txt carn_sex_on_actions.txt

Edited by sulnt
1 hour ago, srx47 said:

so.... is there a hero who will make some bikini and underwear? :D

It's in there. not the top though

dna_modifiers = {
            accessory = {
                mode = add
                gene = legwear
                template = modern_underwear
                range = { 0 1 } # For the randomness to work correctly
            }
        }

On 2/16/2022 at 4:38 AM, Mange2020 said:

The old breast shapes I created were an animation, as opposed to a blendshape in the base game. It required a few animations to avoid weird shapes. I tried to revert to something more similar to the base game here for compatibility, but I'm thinking now that since the shapes only show up when naked it might not matter. I'll see about adding them in future.

For some, this is a trifle, some do not even notice it, but for me it was very important. Downloaded your latest update... and everything works as before! You're a f** 
genius! Thank you very much, Mange, for your brilliant work! You make people happy!

24 minutes ago, Andarus said:

Oh yeah I forgot this Mod is incompatible with pretty much everything.

Yes, it is incompatible with everything. Which is why I was able to tell you exactly which mod conflicted with little to no information lol.

Edited by Mange2020
3 hours ago, Eagleman said:

@Mange2020 they made e little patch, i can't get them Naked anymore. Only Nightgown. I have only installed cbo vanilla, cbo clothes 1+2 Naked Ruler Designer and Fuulscreen Barbershop. And even then only Nightgown. Now only males have pants on

Unbenannt.jpg

9 hours ago, Mqex said:

I'm getting an issue where their arms and legs are super skinny and their bodies look emaciated. Is there an incompatibility that I've missed or can anyone help me out on this? @Mange2020

So these are the same issue. I can see your localization is german so I'm guessing you can't read the drop down. It used to be a nudity dropdown, but then I noticed full screen barbershop added that functionality, and getting rid of it allows for better compatibility with CFP. But I know people like to inspect their characters so I kept the flaccid/erect options there. 

Selecting the "no clothes" drop down in full screen barbershop removes the character's primary outfit but it does not take off the body modifier that is applied to all clothed characters. That body modifier is designed to prevent clipping and is not meant to be visible ever. But by having no clothes in the drop down menu full screen barbershop made it so you can see it. It also does not remove the legwear the character is wearing.

The correct way  to make a character naked is to go to the left hand side of the screen, click on traits. There will be a nudity toggle at the bottom of the column on the left hand side of the screen. None of these issues have anything to do with CBO. As far as I can tell they would happen without CBO. 

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

So these...

Hmmm, so I attempted that and now think it might be related to PoD instead, since it seems fine with Princes of Darkness off, but messed up with it on.

Unless this mod is the one causing everyone to be shirtless, I think it's definitely something else, so thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, Mqex said:

Hmmm, so I attempted that and now think it might be related to PoD instead, since it seems fine with Princes of Darkness off, but messed up with it on.

Unless this mod is the one causing everyone to be shirtless, I think it's definitely something else, so thanks for the help.

EPE make everybody naked, CFP make some cultures naked, aleast that what i have found so far.