[mod] Character Body Overhaul

4 hours ago, Blai said:

EPE make everybody naked, CFP make some cultures naked, aleast that what i have found so far.

Hmm, but I'm not using either of those. After screwing around a bunch, I've found that it definitely only happens when I run PoD so I'll need to ask over there.

Edited by Mqex
14 hours ago, Yeoman1919 said:

I'm running 81 mods including CBO - no problems whatsoever, just Carnalitas bugs. Its really just CFP and EPE that are incompatible for obvious reasons

CFP and EPE are absolute Must-Have Mods. I'd rather not use this here than remove CFP/EPE. Its like if SexLab was incompatible with the Unofficial Patch.

2 hours ago, Andarus said:

CFP and EPE are absolute Must-Have Mods. I'd rather not use this here than remove CFP/EPE. Its like if SexLab was incompatible with the Unofficial Patch.

Would be cool if we had something similar to Bodyslide Studio for CK3 but i guess is impossible since models don't share one bodyshape like in Skyrim.

4 hours ago, shson007 said:

if i want to use animations in my event mod, do i just call it like im using default animations?

No, you have to add a global variable to make the view change. You also have to call the animations for each character separately so they have to be animations that work together. There's a full description in mod\char_body_overhaul\events\sex_scenes\carn_example_sex_scene_event

On 2/23/2022 at 2:18 PM, Andarus said:

Well CFP and EPE aren't compatible with each other natively lol. If you want to make a compatibility patch you can go ahead. Any mod that changes clothing will inherently not be compatible with each other. 

For me I need to change the paradox animation rig because the default rig is insufficient for the movements required in a sex mod. Every single article of body clothing also has to have it's rig changed to match otherwise you get instability. I also needed to update all the paradox animations to work with the new rig.

CFP is mostly compatible for now if you place it above CBO in the load order. Full compatibility will require me editing the CFP models to work with my rig, and then editing the clothing to adjust for butt size. Which will take time, but is on my to do list. Of course this isn't my job so its not like I don't have other things to do in my life.

EPE is another story. EPE seems to overwrite everything. I can tell you exactly why all the characters are naked when you use EPE. It's because in order to attach my rig to the clothing models, I need to load them into blender. Paradox is inconsistent when it comes to naming clothing materials and will use names like "|female_clothes_secular_byzantine_nobility_02|female_clothes_se" which blender doesn't support, and reads as "_female_clothes_secular_byzantine_nobility_02_female_clothes_se". EPE will reference the original name without including the .mesh files. So the game can't find it, resulting in naked characters. CFP reuses paradox meshes as well, but it includes its own .mesh files. Which is why this generally doesn't happen.

That said I've poked around all the EPE files, its really a compatibility nightmare. But again if you want it so badly just make a patch.

2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

CFP is mostly compatible for now if you place it above CBO in the load order. Full compatibility will require me editing the CFP models to work with my rig, and then editing the clothing to adjust for butt size. Which will take time, but is on my to do list. Of course this isn't my job so its not like I don't have other things to do in my life.

Well you're appreciated for tackling it and blessing us with the mods themselves at all, thanks man.

Interesting to read your other insights too. I can hack around the text files myself a lil, but any sort of 3D work is beyond me, so kudos on managing it all.

Edited by Dwjliel
2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Well CFP and EPE aren't compatible with each other natively lol. If you want to make a compatibility patch you can go ahead. Any mod that changes clothing will inherently not be compatible with each other. 

For me I need to change the paradox animation rig because the default rig is insufficient for the movements required in a sex mod. Every single article of body clothing also has to have it's rig changed to match otherwise you get instability. I also needed to update all the paradox animations to work with the new rig.

EPE is another story. EPE seems to overwrite everything. I can tell you exactly why all the characters are naked when you use EPE. It's because in order to attach my rig to the clothing models, I need to load them into blender. Paradox is inconsistent when it comes to naming clothing materials and will use names like "|female_clothes_secular_byzantine_nobility_02|female_clothes_se" which blender doesn't support, and reads as "_female_clothes_secular_byzantine_nobility_02_female_clothes_se". EPE will reference the original name without including the .mesh files. So the game can't find it, resulting in naked characters. CFP reuses paradox meshes as well, but it includes its own .mesh files. Which is why this generally doesn't happen.

That said I've poked around all the EPE files, its really a compatibility nightmare. But again if you want it so badly just make a patch.

This saved me lots of time thanks! Is sad than is a pain in the ass to fix it... i bould like to help but i have 0 idea about moding i just tweked a bit here and there in rome 2 a long time ago hahahahahahaha

Edited by Jupei
5 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2507220129

Exists for a Year now.

Maybe there is a way to only have the new Body-Types active when the NPCs are Nude. I actually dont like the Full CPO much because a lot of my Characters tend to be either super skinny or super fat. Either way, CFP is the most popular and probably best Mod for CK3. If I could only chose one Mod to use it would be CFP.

Edited by Andarus

Thanks for the mod, good sir. But could I trouble you for a moment. I'm having an issue with shapes of female characters bust.

Whenever I create a female character with in game Ruler Designer, sometimes game changes female character's bust shape to something other than I choose.

Let's say I choose the "Normal" shape of breasts, nice, perfect shape of water drop. But sometimes game makes them something like, I don't know, each boob trying to get a divorce? They try to make a distance between them as much as they can.

I thought I messed up my DNA strings when I copy(I keep my character's DNA string in a txt file) and paste it in, so I checked my character's DNA string with Portrait Editer in Debug Menu but it shows the exact portrait that I created in Ruler Designer. It only happens to some of the characters that is actually in the game save. Not all the time, but some. Which bothers me even more.

I don't know what I'm missing here. Or maybe it's not even this mod's thing. I just hope to get any advices or suggestions.

I'm using Spouse designer from Steam Workshop, carnality mods(Unified Sex Mod Framework, Arousal Framework, Consequences, and Dei) and CBO mods(CBO, CBO clothes 1, 2, Naked Ruler Designer, and CBO Carnal Court.)

* Sorry about the bad English, grammar and stuff. English is not my first language... I tried to be clear as much as possible. Hope you can understand. Other than the problem above, every other things in the mod works perfectly. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Tryingtofixit said:

Thanks for the mod, good sir. But could I trouble you for a moment. I'm having an issue with shapes of female characters bust.

Whenever I create a female character with in game Ruler Designer, sometimes game changes female character's bust shape to something other than I choose.

Let's say I choose the "Normal" shape of breasts, nice, perfect shape of water drop. But sometimes game makes them something like, I don't know, each boob trying to get a divorce? They try to make a distance between them as much as they can.

I thought I messed up my DNA strings when I copy(I keep my character's DNA string in a txt file) and paste it in, so I checked my character's DNA string with Portrait Editer in Debug Menu but it shows the exact portrait that I created in Ruler Designer. It only happens to some of the characters that is actually in the game save. Not all the time, but some. Which bothers me even more.

I don't know what I'm missing here. Or maybe it's not even this mod's thing. I just hope to get any advices or suggestions.

I'm using Spouse designer from Steam Workshop, carnality mods(Unified Sex Mod Framework, Arousal Framework, Consequences, and Dei) and CBO mods(CBO, CBO clothes 1, 2, Naked Ruler Designer, and CBO Carnal Court.)

* Sorry about the bad English, grammar and stuff. English is not my first language... I tried to be clear as much as possible. Hope you can understand. Other than the problem above, every other things in the mod works perfectly. Thanks again.

Are you using the Carnalitas tit traits?

12 hours ago, Andarus said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2507220129

Exists for a Year now.

Maybe there is a way to only have the new Body-Types active when the NPCs are Nude. I actually dont like the Full CPO much because a lot of my Characters tend to be either super skinny or super fat. Either way, CFP is the most popular and probably best Mod for CK3. If I could only chose one Mod to use it would be CFP.

Well if it has existed for a year, it sounds like you've had a lot of time to work on this mod idea of yours. 

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish since as I said CFP is currently compatible. Or what "new Body-Types active when NPCs are Nude" could possibly mean from a coding perspective. But I wish you luck.

On 2/23/2022 at 7:16 AM, Mqex said:

Hmm, but I'm not using either of those. After screwing around a bunch, I've found that it definitely only happens when I run PoD so I'll need to ask over there.

@Mange2020 I 50/50'd my mods to figure out why I was getting emaciated people and it seems to just be incompatibility between this and PoD. I even tried replacing this mod with Simple Slits/Shafts and it was showing bodies fine with those. Any chance this is a known incompatibility? I assume it has to do with PoD's custom clothes?

Forgive me if this is still just an issue on my end or I've misunderstood anything, and sorry for the trouble.

14 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Are you using the Carnalitas tit traits?

THANK YOU. You are absolutely right. The problem was happening because of tit traits. Your comment gave me an idea and I went through with it - problem solved!

I did some diggings with both mods - CBO and Carnalites. Long story short, I opened up Carnalities mod's 00_carn_tits.txt file and changed some value there and managed to solve the case. Now booby shape that I don't like is gone; replaced it with more preferred shape(for me, at least.) I get to keep my save file! I don't have to open another save that doesn't use tit traits. I know it's easy to change game rules with save edit but I perfer not to mess with it if I have to.

Thanks again! And sorry for the trouble.

Edit: One more question - is it ok if I use your updated Physical Attributes mod with Coetus Anima mod, which was uploaded August 22, 2021? I see that PA mod is updated recently but not CA. Or is there a plan for an update for CA?

Edited by Tryingtofixit
added a question.
53 minutes ago, Tryingtofixit said:

Спасибо. Вы абсолютно правы. Проблема возникла из-за черт тита. Ваш комментарий дал мне идею, и я прошел через это-проблема решена!

Я сделал некоторые раскопки с обоими модами-CBO и Carnalites. Короче говоря, я открыл плотские моды 00_carn_tits.txt файл и изменил там какое-то значение и сумел раскрыть дело. Теперь форма мины, которая мне не нравится, исчезла; заменил ее более предпочтительной формой (для меня, по крайней мере.) Я сохраню свой файл сохранения! Мне не нужно открывать другое сохранение, которое не использует черты титана. Я знаю, что легко изменить правила игры с помощью save edit, но я предпочитаю не связываться с этим, если придется.

Еще раз спасибо! И извините за беспокойство.

Edit: Еще один вопрос-можно ли использовать ваш обновленный мод физических атрибутов с модом Coetus Anima, который был загружен 22 августа 2021 года? Я вижу, что PA mod недавно обновлен, но не CA. Или есть план обновления для CA?

And what have you changed and where in the file 00_carn_tits.txt ???

2 hours ago, Ankonat said:

And what have you changed and where in the file 00_carn_tits.txt ???

11 minutes ago, Dwjliel said:

I echo Ankonat's question, care to share please?

I'm no expert on modding or anything so I hope you guys understand that before following my solution. I can't promise the result :( 

So, in the mod folder of Carnalities (path is mod\Carnalitas\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers) there is a file call 00_carn_tits.txt.

By openning it with any txt reader you will see various of booby shape bases. Basically, if you use Carnalities game rules that gives you tits trait, the game will use this file's bases to give each female character a different booby shapes.

What I know so far is that, if you use Carnalities tits trait, the tits shape of your vanilla character(the very first, untouched look of the character) is stuck with you forever. You can still change the shape in Ruler Designer but that's it. When you go into the actual game, boobs will go back to their vanilla shapes. You can still change the size of tits by giving it a different tits trait, but shape on the other hand will stuck with that character for good.

My solution to this was by simply replacing the tits shape that I don't like to something I want by changing the value in 00_carn_tits.txt. I will give you the example of what I changed for my game. MAKE A BACKUP OF 00_carn_tits.txt. Just in case, you know.

tits_big_3_bust_shape_4_full = {
        dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
                mode = replace
                gene = gene_bs_bust
                template = bust_shape_4_full
                value = 1.00
            }
        }
        weight = {
            base = 0
            modifier = {
                add = 3
                carn_has_tits_big_3_trigger = yes
            }
        }
    }

Above is the tits shape that I discribed as "each boob trying to get a divorce" on my comment. I want it to look something other than their look, too much distance between each boobs and stuff.

What you need to change is template = bust_shape_4_full to other template that you want. I will change it to template = bust_shape_4_half.

tits_big_3_bust_shape_4_full = {
        dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
                mode = replace
                gene = gene_bs_bust
                template = bust_shape_4_half
                value = 1.00
            }
        }
        weight = {
            base = 0
            modifier = {
                add = 3
                carn_has_tits_big_3_trigger = yes
            }
        }
    }

There. Now, all characters boobies with tits_big_3_bust_shape_4_full shape gene will look like characters with tits_big_3_bust_shape_4_half. You can change the template bases to any other ones. There are 9 shapes for each sizes of boobies!

Just a reminder, this method does not change the actual gene value of what character has. So when the mod gets updated and you overwrite the mod files with new one, you will have to re-do the work above again in new files. It's a temperary solution, I know. But at least it does the job. I haven't manage to find save file codes for those booby genes and I don't think I can find the solution there. Cause only related information that save files have for character shape is DNA and I tried everything but no dice.

I hope this comment helps you guys. And sorry again for bad English.