Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

Would anyone be willing to make a mod for hide the back fur on the oni shibata chest piece for males? And make it work for motion blur off? I’ve tried the one on nexus and it’s the only mod that doesn’t work all my other mods work fine. Is anyone willing to do this? I’d be willing to pay if someone can get this to work for me

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 8:39 AM, devin6679 said:

Hey, I'm terrible at understanding modding/creating mods but I want to make a texture replacer to make the gore in this game similar to that of Ninja Gaiden's, anyone know where to start with this?

I usually use Blender for editing mesh and use photoshop for editing, maybe you can see the teaching video for these two program first.

Besides, search "Costume Mods with 3DMigoto" on youtube. It is good for you to learn how to make a mod.

9 hours ago, pigox12345 said:

I usually use Blender for editing mesh and use photoshop for editing, maybe you can see the teaching video for these two program first.

Besides, search "Costume Mods with 3DMigoto" on youtube. It is good for you to learn how to make a mod.

I appreciate it! I'll look into this.

I'm new to all of this but does anyone know how to make a simple mod that can allow you to load 2 items at once? For example I want Kodama bowl and Lone Wolf Mask loaded when I equip the Lone Wolf Mask. One thing is that when I try to load them together they share the same texture and so it looks weird. I wonder if there's an easy solution to this? Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 2:33 AM, youngmoist said:

In case anyone else had the similar face texture bug its caused by this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/220?tab=posts which doesn't work on the current version of the game. 

This is kjkj.
I've never had this symptom because I haven't introduced anything other than my mod.
The kjkjmod series is made so that the face texture is not changed.
I think it conflicts with mods other than my mod.

3 hours ago, elderegistros said:

Hi, 

I have an Issue, when i install, mod enabler i get a performance issue and the game tkes unplayable. No noticeable diference between ultra or low graphic quality, in both cases the game run very very slow

I just want to use mods, texture ones, no graphics enhancements.

Anyone knows a way  to solve it?

SOLVED!!!!!!

The problem was caused by Citrix Workspace, once unistalled, everything works smootly.

I keep the post so maybe can help anyone else.

On 11/18/2021 at 3:12 PM, pewposterous said:

I'm trying to get texture/mesh dumps but im not sure what im doing wrong. When i follow the guide on the 1st page all i get in the FrameAnalysis folder is a jpg, log.txt and a deduped folder with a single jpg.

Are you getting the Pixel Shader? Only either the PixelShader or VertexShader (meaning you should be using Numpad 123, or Numpad 456) work when doing a frame analysis so you can't use Index Buffer or Vertex Buffer from my experience. Your .ini file (that should be inside your mods folder) should look like this:

[ShaderOverrideCustomName]

hash = 7bfcb1a8c91d87c6
run = CommandListN2Dump

change the hash to whatever PS or VS you need to use. Try also to press Numpad0 (reset frame hunting) before running the frame anaylsis. Also make sure to reload the mod (F10) if you changed something with this file while the game is running before running the FrameAnalysis. Also make sure that the models/textures you want dumped are actually on the screen at the moment when you run the FrameAnalysis.

Edited by SushiCurryRice

Meanwhile, I'm over here trying to change the color of the Hayakase Spear so it doesn't look like McDonalds anymore,

I found the hash, dumped the files, edited the texture and set to correct resource and hash in the ini, then when I load it in game, the color is unchanged but the specular map seems to have stopped working.

I tried the p1 file too but still doesn't change the color just kills the spec map.

I am completely stumped. Attached what ive done. I dont get where I messed up.

mcdonalds spear.7z

Edited by Ayumumono
3 hours ago, Ayumumono said:

Meanwhile, I'm over here trying to change the color of the Hayakase Spear so it doesn't look like McDonalds anymore,

I found the hash, dumped the files, edited the texture and set to correct resource and hash in the ini, then when I load it in game, the color is unchanged but the specular map seems to have stopped working.

I tried the p1 file too but still doesn't change the color just kills the spec map.

I am completely stumped. Attached what ive done. I dont get where I messed up.

mcdonalds spear.7z 6.08 MB · 0 downloads

The problem is you tried to load the pst0 file into pst1. What you need to do is edit the pst1 file and load both pst0 and pst1. Try changing the color of the blade in pst1 file. So it should look something like this.

[ShaderOverrideSpear[

hash = 

run = CommandListN2General

[TextureOverrideSpear]

hash = 

pst0 = ResourcePST0

pst1 = ResourcePST1

[ResroucePST0]

filename = pst0.dds (corresponding to the edited pst0 file) 

[ResourcePST1]

filename = pst1.dds (corresponding to the edited pst1 file)

hi everyone. in regard to custom armor meshes with the body visible, im not sure if anyone is still trying to do this, but since i struggled a lot with it myself, i thought i should post a guide here for others who might want to try it. i apologize in advance if my format is bad or anything, i dont normally write guides or post on forums. also apologies if my terminology is incorrect. anyway hopefully this is helpful to someone.

huge thanks to murabito11 and everyone here for sharing their work and knowledge about modding this game. 

How to Make Armor Edits with Visible Body Underneath

armor_mod.png.b32beeb20eba3f63000a40005bad9282.png

note: the custom body and chest armor are mods that already exist from murabito. they can be found here https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/166https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/171. the leg armor is the end result of this guide.

Frame Analysis/Dumping

although frame analysis may be straightforward for some, and it is already covered in etsorhtt's guide, ill start from the top anyway just to fully explain my workflow.

Spoiler

1. start up Nioh 2 with Mod Enabler installed and find and equip the model you wish to edit. for this guide, i will be using the Sohaya Garb leg armor.

armor.thumb.png.dafc8876ecbfcea1cf337a8079d4e9f3.png

2. turn on hunting mode (0 key on numpad) and cycle through vertex buffers (numpad / and numpad *) until the piece of equipment you wish to edit turns invisible (it doesnt matter if other things turn invisible as well, as long as the piece u want to edit turns invisible then it is good). copy the hash (numpad -) and paste it somewhere as we will be using it later.

armor_vb.thumb.png.ef4960ae24f0f8ff04acb1899d9729b0.png

now reset the hunting mode selections (numpad +) and do the same thing for the pixel shaders (numpad 1 and numpad 2, numpad 3 to save hash) of the part of the model you wish to edit.

armor_ps.thumb.png.a967ad8c68b4567d619c8ccaaa79467b.png

3. now minimize Nioh 2 and navigate to your Nioh2/Mods folder, create a new folder and name it whatever you want to name your mod. i will name mine SohayaGarb.

f1.png.2842df315b706045daf196771b051b8f.png

4. create a text file in your new folder and name it whatever you want to name your mod. (make sure to save it as "All Files" and with the extension ".ini").

5. although not necessary, i will be creating a "meshes" folder and a "textures" in the new folder to keep things tidy.

f2.png.c5c918cb287e60a9c9bc9458f69f61dc.png

6. now open your .ini file and type the following.

[ShaderOverrideSohayaGarb]
hash = a38c98c7c7c31931
run = CommandListN2Dump

replace "SohayaGarb" with whatever you want to name it, and for hash put the pixel shader you copied ealier and save the file.

7. now go back to your Nioh 2 game window and press F10 to reload the mods (this will also read the new mod folder you just created).

8. turn on hunting mode (numpad 0) and reset it (numpad +).

9. with hunting mode still on, press F8 to perform frame analysis. this will create a new folder in your Nioh2 directory called "FrameAnalysis-" followed by a date and some numbers. i renamed this folder so i know what it is.

10. open this folder. if all goes well, you should see a bunch of .dds and .txt files, among some others. the main ones we are looking for are the .txt files that contain the pixel shader hash that we copied. these are what we will be loading into blender in the next steps.

f3-1.png.b8a3128042c2ff00a8e9e6b10cfda381.png

11. we can also grab the .dds files while we are here. these are the texture files for the models. you may need a software like paint.net to open/view these files. in my case there are only 3 .dds files, so i know these are the right ones. i will take these files and move them into my new textures folder within my mod. i will also rename them.

f5.png.668b7f6bbd45d0011b1f868b099ee2ae.png

i am not sure what versions of blender work for this, but i am using v2.79 which can be found here https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/ (i am on Windows 10, 64 bit. i downloaded blender-2.79-windows64.msi).

before you can import/export these files in blender, you need to have the 3dmigoto blender addon which can be found here https://github.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes/blob/master/blender_3dmigoto.py

download this file and place it in your equivalent of this path C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons.
now open up blender and go to file -> user preferences -> add-ons and find the Import-Export:3DMigoto addon and click the checkbox to enable it. now blender should be good to go.

Importing/Exporting in Blender

Spoiler

1. go to file -> import -> 3DMigoto frame analysis dump

bm1.png.9a97ec5fd0a425402aab836b52645c44.png

2. navigate to your FrameAnalysis folder and look for the .txt files that ends in the pixel shader hash you copied earlier. select all these files and import.

bm2.png.a70a9dee8b1597f24b6eb7c19845a28a.png

3. import the body model you wish to use. i am using murabito's body model (specifically i am using the body meshes found in murabito's Nyotengu Schoolgirl Strikers mod since they are already conveniently grouped. it can be found here https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/189). since this model is not from a FrameAnalysis, i will use the 3DMigoto raw buffers import option.

bm3.png.21ee3d50e9ca8040a68b6f8836fe314f.png

4. edit the mesh how you would like. i just removed the pants part

be1.png.291b6a7b012d201f63d7f9ea13b4f4d8.png

5. once you are satisfied with your changes, export the model (just the equipment, not the body). to do this, go to object mode and select the model then go to file -> export -> 3DMigoto raw buffers. export this file to the meshes folder within your new mod folder.

f4.png.2e22062dc432bd5eb7097340d310ae22.png

Transferring Weights for the Body

this is a bit of a tedious process which involves comparing the original armor mesh's weights to the body mesh's weights and then shifting around the body mesh's weights to match the armor. i find it easiest to have 2 instances of blender open, one for the armor and one for the body.

Spoiler

1. open up a new instance of blender and import the armor from the FrameAnalysis folder (the original model, not the modified one that you exported earlier).

2. open up another instance of blender and import the body that you will be using.

bd1.thumb.png.7e2be2c53ff6935dbc7da914a25618fd.png

do the following for both new blender instances:

3. select the model and then change from Object Mode to Weight Paint.

bw1.png.e89e177c8dbe2a8ac2da2d3ca92e0462.png

4. on the right side, in the properties toolbar, click on the Object Data tab.

5. under the vertex groups section, scroll up and select the top vertex group (it should be 0).

bw2-1.png.0b20f40e889ca2002e6e53d432485ada.png

note: actual weights are only found every 3rd vertex group (ex: 0, 3, 6, etc...), but all empty vertex groups between actual weight vertex groups are necessary.

6. this is where it gets tedious. you will have to manually compare the weights by eye between the armor and the body, and then rename and reorder the body weights to match as close as possible to the armor weights. the armor will most likely always have more vertex groups than the body, but that is ok.

bd2.thumb.png.37ee99d514f80f8e73991f1be502dca9.png

the above image demonstrates the goal of the weight transferring. as you can see, the vertex group 0 for both the pants (left )and the body (right) share the same region of weights.

bd3.thumb.png.9c9b16d8174d9bbf2d4b9b25b058234c.png

this image demonstrates a mismatch which will cause the bones to freak out in game if left as they are.

bd4.thumb.png.384545c1bd5680c90ff430f89f3c1206.png

here we can see that the vertex group 18 for the body contains the weights that are in vertex group 21 for the Sohaya Garb leg armor. we will need to adjust the body vertex group (right side) to match the leg armor (left side).

to do this, we can simply double click on the vertex groups that we need to shift around and rename them appropriately. after renaming, we can then shift them up and down using the arrows on the right side.

bw31.png.465a2d5f4076110a2e4fb7270ac20f4e.png

in this image i have renamed the vertex group 21 to 21_temp, and then renamed 18 to 21. the next step will be to click the down arrow to move the new 21 into its proper place. after that i will create an empty vertex group and rename it to 18.

you will have to repeat this process for all of the body's vertex groups that contain weights. if there are any weight regions that appear on the body that do not appear on the armor, you are likely safe in simply deleting them and replacing them with a new, empty vertex group.

if a body vertex group ends up being a very high number, for example say that the leg armor vertex group was 90, and the matching body vertex group was 18, you would have to rename 18 to 90 and then create vertex groups all the way up to 90, leaving them empty if there are no matching weight regions.

alternatively, if the highest matching vertex group is 30, and no groups above that match any weight regions, then 30 is the highest group you need for the body, even if the armor has 100+ vertex groups.

note: we dont need to adjust the armor's vertex groups. only the body's vertex groups.

once you have matched the vertex groups, you can then export the body mesh. file -> export -> 3DMigoto raw buffers. export this file to the meshes folder within your new mod folder.

Making the .ini File

Spoiler

it may be easiest to just share the .ini file that i have. for the most part you can probably just copy-paste this and just change the parts that you need to (hashes, names).

as murabito discovered and stated earlier in this thread, you can display different meshes with different textures within the same hash by using the format seen below.

also you may notice that the ResourceBody lines reference another folder. this is because i have murabito's body mod installed and am referencing that. you could alternatively just copy the textures into your texture folder and reference them there.

hash = a38c98c7c7c31931
checktextureoverride = ib
allow_duplicate_hash = true

[TextureOverrideSohayaGarbLower]
hash = 2a8f4afe
match_first_index = 0
handling = skip
vb0 = ResourceSohayaGarbLowerVB
ib = ResourceSohayaGarbLowerIB
ps-t0 = ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t0
ps-t1 = ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t1
ps-t3 = ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t3
drawindexed = auto

vb0 = ResourceBodyLowerVB
ib = ResourceBodyLowerIB
ps-t0 = ResourceBody_t0
ps-t1 = ResourceBody_t1
ps-t2 = ResourceBody_t2
ps-t3 = ResourceBody_t3
drawindexed = auto

[ResourceSohayaGarbLowerVB]
type = Buffer
stride = 48
format = DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT
filename = meshes\SohayaGarbLower.vb

[ResourceSohayaGarbLowerIB]
type = Buffer
stride = 48
filename = meshes\SohayaGarbLower.ib

[ResourceBodyLowerVB]
type = Buffer
stride = 48
filename = meshes\BodyLower.vb

[ResourceBodyLowerIB]
type = Buffer
stride = 48
filename = meshes\BodyLower.ib

[ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t0]
filename = textures\SohayaGarbLower_t0.dds
[ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t1]
filename = textures\SohayaGarbLower_t1.dds
[ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t3]
filename = textures\SohayaGarbLower_t3.dds

[ResourceBody_t0]
filename = ..\00_FemaleBodyReplacer\textures\equipbody_t0.dds
[ResourceBody_t1]
filename = ..\00_FemaleBodyReplacer\textures\body_t1.dds
[ResourceBody_t2]
filename = ..\00_FemaleBodyReplacer\textures\equipbody_t2.dds
[ResourceBody_t3]
filename = ..\00_FemaleBodyReplacer\textures\body_t3.dds

another important thing to note is that, as far as i can tell, you can only add the body mesh to armors that have a stride value of 48. if you try to add a body (stride 48) to armor that has stride 60, for example, the body will just glitch out. unfortunately this is quite a big limitation as much of the armor does not have a stride value of 48. im not sure if there is a workaround for this, but so far i have been unable to solve it.

you can find out the stride of a model by opening the .fmt file in a text editor.

Edit: actually i think i just realized a workaround for this stride mismatch issue: simply join the body mesh to the armor mesh in blender (select body first then select armor and press ctrl+j), and then in edit mode delete the armor mesh so that just the body mesh is remaining. then you can export this mesh as the body, and i believe it should now have whatever stride value the armor had.

anyway after editing and saving the .ini file, you should be able to press F10 in game to reload the mods and F2 to toggle mods on and if all went well, it should work. if the textures look off, you may need to mess around with them in the .ini file (sometimes you need to remove ps-t1 or rename ps-t3 to ps-t4 or vice versa).

if i was unclear at any part or didnt go into enough detail, let me know and ill see if i can fix it.

hope this helps, and again huge credit and thanks to murabito11

Edited by bluejay4
On 11/27/2021 at 12:23 AM, bluejay4 said:

hi everyone. in regard to custom armor meshes with the body visible, im not sure if anyone is still trying to do this, but since i struggled a lot with it myself, i thought i should post a guide here for others who might want to try it. i apologize in advance if my format is bad or anything, i dont normally write guides or post on forums. also apologies if my terminology is incorrect. anyway hopefully this is helpful to someone.

huge thanks to murabito11 and everyone here for sharing their work and knowledge about modding this game. 

How to Make Armor Edits with Visible Body Underneath

armor_mod.png.b32beeb20eba3f63000a40005bad9282.png

note: the custom body and chest armor are mods that already exist from murabito. they can be found here https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/166https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/171. the leg armor is the end result of this guide.

Frame Analysis/Dumping

although frame analysis may be straightforward for some, and it is already covered in etsorhtt's guide, ill start from the top anyway just to fully explain my workflow.

Hide contents

1. start up Nioh 2 with Mod Enabler installed and find and equip the model you wish to edit. for this guide, i will be using the Sohaya Garb leg armor.

armor.thumb.png.dafc8876ecbfcea1cf337a8079d4e9f3.png

2. turn on hunting mode (0 key on numpad) and cycle through vertex buffers (numpad / and numpad *) until the piece of equipment you wish to edit turns invisible (it doesnt matter if other things turn invisible as well, as long as the piece u want to edit turns invisible then it is good). copy the hash (numpad -) and paste it somewhere as we will be using it later.

armor_vb.thumb.png.ef4960ae24f0f8ff04acb1899d9729b0.png

now reset the hunting mode selections (numpad +) and do the same thing for the pixel shaders (numpad 1 and numpad 2, numpad 3 to save hash) of the part of the model you wish to edit.

armor_ps.thumb.png.a967ad8c68b4567d619c8ccaaa79467b.png

3. now minimize Nioh 2 and navigate to your Nioh2/Mods folder, create a new folder and name it whatever you want to name your mod. i will name mine SohayaGarb.

f1.png.2842df315b706045daf196771b051b8f.png

4. create a text file in your new folder and name it whatever you want to name your mod. (make sure to save it as "All Files" and with the extension ".ini").

5. although not necessary, i will be creating a "meshes" folder and a "textures" in the new folder to keep things tidy.

f2.png.c5c918cb287e60a9c9bc9458f69f61dc.png

6. now open your .ini file and type the following.

hash = a38c98c7c7c31931
run = CommandListN2Dump

replace "SohayaGarb" with whatever you want to name it, and for hash put the pixel shader you copied ealier and save the file.

7. now go back to your Nioh 2 game window and press F10 to reload the mods (this will also read the new mod folder you just created).

8. turn on hunting mode (numpad 0) and reset it (numpad +).

9. with hunting mode still on, press F8 to perform frame analysis. this will create a new folder in your Nioh2 directory called "FrameAnalysis-" followed by a date and some numbers. i renamed this folder so i know what it is.

10. open this folder. if all goes well, you should see a bunch of .dds and .txt files, among some others. the main ones we are looking for are the .txt files that contain the pixel shader hash that we copied. these are what we will be loading into blender in the next steps.

f3-1.png.b8a3128042c2ff00a8e9e6b10cfda381.png

11. we can also grab the .dds files while we are here. these are the texture files for the models. you may need a software like paint.net to open/view these files. in my case there are only 3 .dds files, so i know these are the right ones. i will take these files and move them into my new textures folder within my mod. i will also rename them.

f5.png.668b7f6bbd45d0011b1f868b099ee2ae.png

i am not sure what versions of blender work for this, but i am using v2.79 which can be found here https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/ (i am on Windows 10, 64 bit. i downloaded blender-2.79-windows64.msi).

before you can import/export these files in blender, you need to have the 3dmigoto blender addon which can be found here https://github.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes/blob/master/blender_3dmigoto.py

download this file and place it in your equivalent of this path C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons.
now open up blender and go to file -> user preferences -> add-ons and find the Import-Export:3DMigoto addon and click the checkbox to enable it. now blender should be good to go.

Importing/Exporting in Blender

Reveal hidden contents

1. go to file -> import -> 3DMigoto frame analysis dump

bm1.png.9a97ec5fd0a425402aab836b52645c44.png

2. navigate to your FrameAnalysis folder and look for the .txt files that ends in the pixel shader hash you copied earlier. select all these files and import.

bm2.png.a70a9dee8b1597f24b6eb7c19845a28a.png

3. import the body model you wish to use. i am using murabito's body model (specifically i am using the body meshes found in murabito's Nyotengu Schoolgirl Strikers mod since they are already conveniently grouped. it can be found here https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/189). since this model is not from a FrameAnalysis, i will use the 3DMigoto raw buffers import option.

bm3.png.21ee3d50e9ca8040a68b6f8836fe314f.png

4. edit the mesh how you would like. i just removed the pants part

be1.png.291b6a7b012d201f63d7f9ea13b4f4d8.png

5. once you are satisfied with your changes, export the model (just the equipment, not the body). to do this, go to object mode and select the model then go to file -> export -> 3DMigoto raw buffers. export this file to the meshes folder within your new mod folder.

f4.png.2e22062dc432bd5eb7097340d310ae22.png

Transferring Weights for the Body

this is a bit of a tedious process which involves comparing the original armor mesh's weights to the body mesh's weights and then shifting around the body mesh's weights to match the armor. i find it easiest to have 2 instances of blender open, one for the armor and one for the body.

Hide contents

1. open up a new instance of blender and import the armor from the FrameAnalysis folder (the original model, not the modified one that you exported earlier).

2. open up another instance of blender and import the body that you will be using.

bd1.thumb.png.7e2be2c53ff6935dbc7da914a25618fd.png

do the following for both new blender instances:

3. select the model and then change from Object Mode to Weight Paint.

bw1.png.e89e177c8dbe2a8ac2da2d3ca92e0462.png

4. on the right side, in the properties toolbar, click on the Object Data tab.

5. under the vertex groups section, scroll up and select the top vertex group (it should be 0).

bw2-1.png.0b20f40e889ca2002e6e53d432485ada.png

note: actual weights are only found every 3rd vertex group (ex: 0, 3, 6, etc...), but all empty vertex groups between actual weight vertex groups are necessary.

6. this is where it gets tedious. you will have to manually compare the weights by eye between the armor and the body, and then rename and reorder the body weights to match as close as possible to the armor weights. the armor will most likely always have more vertex groups than the body, but that is ok.

bd2.thumb.png.37ee99d514f80f8e73991f1be502dca9.png

the above image demonstrates the goal of the weight transferring. as you can see, the vertex group 0 for both the pants (left )and the body (right) share the same region of weights.

bd3.thumb.png.9c9b16d8174d9bbf2d4b9b25b058234c.png

this image demonstrates a mismatch which will cause the bones to freak out in game if left as they are.

bd4.thumb.png.384545c1bd5680c90ff430f89f3c1206.png

here we can see that the vertex group 18 for the body contains the weights that are in vertex group 21 for the Sohaya Garb leg armor. we will need to adjust the body vertex group (right side) to match the leg armor (left side).

to do this, we can simply double click on the vertex groups that we need to shift around and rename them appropriately. after renaming, we can then shift them up and down using the arrows on the right side.

bw31.png.465a2d5f4076110a2e4fb7270ac20f4e.png

in this image i have renamed the vertex group 21 to 21_temp, and then renamed 18 to 21. the next step will be to click the down arrow to move the new 21 into its proper place. after that i will create an empty vertex group and rename it to 18.

you will have to repeat this process for all of the body's vertex groups that contain weights. if there are any weight regions that appear on the body that do not appear on the armor, you are likely safe in simply deleting them and replacing them with a new, empty vertex group.

if a body vertex group ends up being a very high number, for example say that the leg armor vertex group was 90, and the matching body vertex group was 18, you would have to rename 18 to 90 and then create vertex groups all the way up to 90, leaving them empty if there are no matching weight regions.

alternatively, if the highest matching vertex group is 30, and no groups above that match any weight regions, then 30 is the highest group you need for the body, even if the armor has 100+ vertex groups.

note: we dont need to adjust the armor's vertex groups. only the body's vertex groups.

once you have matched the vertex groups, you can then export the body mesh. file -> export -> 3DMigoto raw buffers. export this file to the meshes folder within your new mod folder.

Making the .ini File

Hide contents

it may be easiest to just share the .ini file that i have. for the most part you can probably just copy-paste this and just change the parts that you need to (hashes, names).

as murabito discovered and stated earlier in this thread, you can display different meshes with different textures within the same hash by using the format seen below.

also you may notice that the ResourceBody lines reference another folder. this is because i have murabito's body mod installed and am referencing that. you could alternatively just copy the textures into your texture folder and reference them there.

hash = a38c98c7c7c31931
checktextureoverride = ib
allow_duplicate_hash = true

[TextureOverrideSohayaGarbLower]
hash = 2a8f4afe
match_first_index = 0
handling = skip
vb0 = ResourceSohayaGarbLowerVB
ib = ResourceSohayaGarbLowerIB
ps-t0 = ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t0
ps-t1 = ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t1
ps-t3 = ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t3
drawindexed = auto

vb0 = ResourceBodyLowerVB
ib = ResourceBodyLowerIB
ps-t0 = ResourceBody_t0
ps-t1 = ResourceBody_t1
ps-t2 = ResourceBody_t2
ps-t3 = ResourceBody_t3
drawindexed = auto

[ResourceSohayaGarbLowerVB]
type = Buffer
stride = 48
filename = meshes\SohayaGarbLower.vb

[ResourceSohayaGarbLowerIB]
type = Buffer
stride = 48
filename = meshes\SohayaGarbLower.ib

[ResourceBodyLowerVB]
type = Buffer
stride = 48
filename = meshes\BodyLower.vb

[ResourceBodyLowerIB]
type = Buffer
stride = 48
filename = meshes\BodyLower.ib

[ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t0]
filename = textures\SohayaGarbLower_t0.dds
[ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t1]
filename = textures\SohayaGarbLower_t1.dds
[ResourceSohayaGarbLower_t3]
filename = textures\SohayaGarbLower_t3.dds

[ResourceBody_t0]
filename = ..\00_FemaleBodyReplacer\textures\equipbody_t0.dds
[ResourceBody_t1]
filename = ..\00_FemaleBodyReplacer\textures\body_t1.dds
[ResourceBody_t2]
filename = ..\00_FemaleBodyReplacer\textures\equipbody_t2.dds
[ResourceBody_t3]
filename = ..\00_FemaleBodyReplacer\textures\body_t3.dds

another important thing to note is that, as far as i can tell, you can only add the body mesh to armors that have a stride value of 48. if you try to add a body (stride 48) to armor that has stride 60, for example, the body will just glitch out. unfortunately this is quite a big limitation as much of the armor does not have a stride value of 48. im not sure if there is a workaround for this, but so far i have been unable to solve it.

you can find out the stride of a model by opening the .fmt file in a text editor.

anyway after editing and saving the .ini file, you should be able to press F10 in game to reload the mods and F2 to toggle mods on and if all went well, it should work. if the textures look off, you may need to mess around with them in the .ini file (sometimes you need to remove ps-t1 or rename ps-t3 to ps-t4 or vice versa).

if i was unclear at any part or didnt go into enough detail, let me know and ill see if i can fix it.

hope this helps, and again huge credit and thanks to murabito11

man, im crying because someone has finally create a guide...tqsm

Hello, I'm having a weird issue where 3Dmigoto gives me an UAC prompt to update a "profile" every time i start the game now and it makes my game very laggy (45fps...) no matter if i allow it or not.  If I remove 3Dmigoto the game doesn't lag at all , but no mods obviously.  

I dont understand why this suddenly started happening, I played the game with the mod enabler for about a month prior and there was no issue, and no UAC prompt... 

Any ideas how to fix this? reinstalling the mod enabler didn't do anything sadly. 

Edited by XOBOXOXBOX
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been using this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/177?tab=files with this https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/166 for a while now and notice some clipping on the panties at the left side. Is there a way to fix this or replace it with the fundoshi from the body replacer mod? This is the link of the cropped screen shot https://ibb.co/Qp3554M. I cant seem to use the "insert image" tool

Everyone, thank you for your hard work on the modding tools, it has made this great game even better.

Had one random question, has anyone been able to figure out how to fix the jiggle physics between fps? Like at 30 fps (and during cut scenes) there are tons of jiggle physics for our character but at 120 fps its like their chest is bolted on. Not sure if this is possible but I figured I'd ask. Thanks!