more edits to darkstarsword's blender plugin here - hope its not too buggy

- works on blender 3.0

- added separate export button that generates an .ini file for you

- added method of matching vertex groups automatically

- added method of transferring 3dmigoto data between objects

simple usage guide:

*snipped to save space*

showing how to use automatic vertex group matching

I followed the first tutorial and was able to get a simple armour mesh edit into the game. Model importing and mod exporting are working fine, but following the second tutorial to combine meshes I'm not getting any results in the search when trying to use the command to match vertex groups. I've installed the blender plugin below, but is there something else I'm missing? I'm using blender 3.1.2.
https://github.com/Mawpius/3d-fixes

Edited by TheOniNinja

Hey everyone, I have some problem with the Blender. I use the 3dmigoto blender plugin from https://github.com/Mawpius/3d-fixes which is suitable for Blender v3.0.1.

When I tried to import some .vb & .ib mesh files (from nioh 2 mod) by using "3DMigoto raw buffers (.vb + .ib)" method, an error occured: "TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not tuple". This is the complete error message.

NOTICE: Storing unhandled semantic BLENDWEIGHT1 R16G16_FLOAT as vertex layer
NOTICE: Storing unhandled semantic BLENDINDICES1 R8G8B8A8_UINT as vertex layer
NOTICE: Skipping import of TANGENT in favour of recalculating on export
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 1491, in execute
    import_3dmigoto_raw_buffers(self, context, fmt_path, fmt_path, vb_path=vb_path, ib_path=ib_path, vgmap_path=vgmap_path, **migoto_raw_import_options)
  File "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 1429, in import_3dmigoto_raw_buffers
    obj = import_3dmigoto(operator, context, paths, merge_meshes=False, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 952, in import_3dmigoto
    obj.append(import_3dmigoto_vb_ib(operator, context, [p], **kwargs))
  File "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 1010, in import_3dmigoto_vb_ib
    store_textures(obj, paths, import_textures)
  File "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 1027, in store_textures
    dirname = os.path.dirname(vbfile)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.0\3.0\python\lib\ntpath.py", line 223, in dirname
    return split(p)[0]
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.0\3.0\python\lib\ntpath.py", line 185, in split
    p = os.fspath(p)
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not tuple

I don't know what happened, can someone help me?

On 5/1/2022 at 10:16 AM, TheOniNinja said:

I followed the first tutorial and was able to get a simple armour mesh edit into the game. Model importing and mod exporting are working fine, but following the second tutorial to combine meshes I'm not getting any results in the search when trying to use the command to match vertex groups. I've installed the blender plugin below, but is there something else I'm missing? I'm using blender 3.1.2.
https://github.com/Mawpius/3d-fixes

Bro, do you mean that you press f3 and type in "match 3dmigoto" but find nothing? Maybe you can try to turn on the Developer Extras, which can be find in Edit-Preference-Interface-Display, then ☑ the Developer Extras checkbox. My Blender version is 3.0.0, but I think that will make no difference.

Edited by wlwlkxxq
4 hours ago, wlwlkxxq said:

Bro, do you mean that you press f3 and type in "match 3dmigoto" but find nothing? Maybe you can try to turn on the Developer Extras, which can be find in Edit-Preference-Interface-Display, then ☑ the Developer Extras checkbox. My Blender version is 3.0.0, but I think that will make no difference.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The commands weren't showing up. Checking the developer options worked though and I am able to find both "match 3dmigoto" and "transfer 3dmigoto" now. Thanks!

Edited by TheOniNinja
13 hours ago, TheOniNinja said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. The commands weren't showing up. Checking the developer options worked though and I am able to find both "match 3dmigoto" and "transfer 3dmigoto" now. Thanks!

Unfortunatelly, I meet another problem. When I select 2 meshes and try to Match 3DMigoto Vertex Groups("match 3dmigoto"), an error occurs as follows:

File "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 2265, in execute
    bpy.data.collections[0].objects.link(armature_object)
IndexError: bpy_prop_collection[index]: index 0 out of range, size 0

Do you know what is going on?

Edited by wlwlkxxq
7 hours ago, wlwlkxxq said:

Unfortunatelly, I meet another problem. When I select 2 meshes and try to Match 3DMigoto Vertex Groups("match 3dmigoto"), an error occurs as follows:

File "C:\Users\cosmo\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 2265, in execute
    bpy.data.collections[0].objects.link(armature_object)
IndexError: bpy_prop_collection[index]: index 0 out of range, size 0

Do you know what is going on?

I haven't got a clue, sorry. I haven't used blender in over a year and the last version I used was 2.7 for skyrim and monster hunter.

@Nicolas711 From what I see and without knowing the details, the vertex groups of the arm have the wrong numbers for the armor you are modding it into. You need to match the original armor vertex group of the arms part

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone make a fix for the Onmyo Hunting Dress with Female Body Tweak compatibility? There’s the issue of the dress flap clipping through the ass cheeks and the panties clipping by the waist if one were to disable the clipping fixes in the mod, also apply the tie from Unscarfed Shinobi Onmyo Set as the one from the Onmyo Hunting Dress has the unappealing blocky one still, it would be great if the Onmyo Hunting Dress top would also have the exposed side area like the Female Body Replacer Compatible Clothing version.

There’s also the separate matter of the Training Robes and the Chest Wrap Removal mod where there’s just void where the would-be cleavage should be.

Okay, sort of found a fix after fiddling around with the Wrap Removal 'Sohaya' ini, disabled the 'wtf is this' section in exchange for sort of scuffing the cleavage area itself but whatever.

Edited by JustSittingHere
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jassybirdy said:

Curious as to how you are able to get these custom poses

17 hours ago, Jassybirdy said:

How are you able to get these custom poses?

On 5/2/2022 at 4:49 AM, Rarity Mane Six said:

Is there a mod that lets pose the characters around? or you can do that in-game? How are you guys getting those poses? 

DM me, I will send you a link to the pose script creator's blog.

52 minutes ago, CybersHoK said:

After many minutes on trying to figure how to send DMs in this site as I am still new, I think it is the "Messages" option so I tried to send you a message but it states that you cannot receive messages. Is there another option to send private messages?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 8:41 AM, CybersHoK said:

Done that just now, thanks.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:38 AM, Jassybirdy said:

After many minutes on trying to figure how to send DMs in this site as I am still new, I think it is the "Messages" option so I tried to send you a message but it states that you cannot receive messages. Is there another option to send private messages?

I think if you hover your mouse over their username a small window appears that has the "Message" option.  I just did it like this and it seems to have gone through.

Hello, I have a little trouble to solve, my English is not good, so I will describe briefly.When I follow the steps to get the ib.txt/vb.txt file, I can't import blender correctly.it always gives this error——“Only draw calls using a single vertex buffer and a single index buffer are supported for now”、“Unable to find corresponding buffers from filename - ensure you are loading a dump from a timestamped Frame Analysis directory (not a deduped directory)”

I use blender 3.0 and 3.21, and have blender_3dmigoto installed correctly.

51 minutes ago, fanyuzhen said:

Hello, I have a little trouble to solve, my English is not good, so I will describe briefly.When I follow the steps to get the ib.txt/vb.txt file, I can't import blender correctly.it always gives this error——“Only draw calls using a single vertex buffer and a single index buffer are supported for now”、“Unable to find corresponding buffers from filename - ensure you are loading a dump from a timestamped Frame Analysis directory (not a deduped directory)”

I use blender 3.0 and 3.21, and have blender_3dmigoto installed correctly.

First guess is: you are trying to import buffers into blender from the *...deduped Directory. I don't know if the blender plugin works with 3.21, I'm using 3.1 actually. Other than that try import one vb buffer at a time

3 hours ago, lasnus said:

First guess is: you are trying to import buffers into blender from the *...deduped Directory. I don't know if the blender plugin works with 3.21, I'm using 3.1 actually. Other than that try import one vb buffer at a time

Yes, I tried with multiple versions and also tried to import only one vb.txt, but it failed.