Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

@alpaca21, are you really done with nioh 2 modding forever?  I love your thicker thigh mod for the nude murabito mod, but I wish you could've finished it (it doesn't quite blend in with the upper body).  Oh well, it's still great and I appreciate all you've done for the community.

48 minutes ago, pigox12345 said:

Excuse me, I follow this video 

However, I still can't import .vb and .ib despite I had import 3dmigoto.

Is there anyone teach me how should I do?

Did you used the import plugin that was provided somewhere here in this thread? I believe its linked somewhere in the tutorial post. Never had issues with it.

2 hours ago, pigox12345 said:

Excuse me, I follow this video 

However, I still can't import .vb and .ib despite I had import 3dmigoto.

Is there anyone teach me how should I do?

Are you use blender version 2.92 or lower?

21 hours ago, cOJzZ said:

Then this is the problem. Downgrade blender version or wait the plugin to be updated.

I think this is also my problem. If I press F8, however, there is not the folder starting with ctx- in the material folder. How can I fix it?

On 7/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, pigox12345 said:

I think this is also my problem. If I press F8, however, there is not the folder starting with ctx- in the material folder. How can I fix it?

What do you mean? You want to dump the game's models and textures? Read the tutorial carefully. You need to create a ini first, and write a shaderoverride section to run CommandListN2Dump.

On 7/4/2021 at 5:10 PM, cOJzZ said:

What do you mean? You want to dump the game's models and textures? Read the tutorial carefully. You need to create a ini first, and write a shaderoverride section to run CommandListN2Dump.

I have the folder named FrameAnalysis, but there is not any vb.txt and ib.txt file. I still do not understand how should I do to have vb.txt and ib.txt file.

23 hours ago, pigox12345 said:

I have the folder named FrameAnalysis, but there is not any vb.txt and ib.txt file. I still do not understand how should I do to have vb.txt and ib.txt file.

Adding shader to Frame Analysis (dump) list:

[ShaderOverride*CUSTOMNAME*]

hash = *SHADERHASH*
run = CommandListN2Dump

On 7/6/2021 at 7:28 PM, cOJzZ said:

Adding shader to Frame Analysis (dump) list:

[ShaderOverride*CUSTOMNAME*]

hash = *SHADERHASH*
run = CommandListN2Dump

Thanks a lot. It is fine now.

However, there is a new problem like this photoimage.png.00347f80e4bd942424dfdf6401e3092a.png

What is the reason that cause this problem?

I have normalized the weight, but this problem still exist.

Edited by pigox12345
16 hours ago, pigox12345 said:

Thanks a lot. It is fine now.

However, there is a new problem like this photoimage.png.00347f80e4bd942424dfdf6401e3092a.png

What is the reason that cause this problem?

I have normalized the weight, but this problem still exist.

Some vertice have no weight, or bad vertex groups order.

5 hours ago, pigox12345 said:

Excuse me, can you teach me how to fix this problem?

If some vertice have no weights then just paint weights, if vertex groups order not correct then just make it correct.

If you don't know how to paint weights, how to change vertex groups, there are a lot of blender tutorial in YouTube.

16 hours ago, cOJzZ said:

If some vertice have no weights then just paint weights, if vertex groups order not correct then just make it correct.

If you don't know how to paint weights, how to change vertex groups, there are a lot of blender tutorial in YouTube.

Thanks for your advice.

I want to ask another question that I press 0 and then press 7/8, 4/5, 1/2 to find hash number in game.

However, the number that I found is different from the number of the mod that others made at the same place.

Why the number I found is always different from others?

1 hour ago, pigox12345 said:

Thanks for your advice.

I want to ask another question that I press 0 and then press 7/8, 4/5, 1/2 to find hash number in game.

However, the number that I found is different from the number of the mod that others made at the same place.

Assuming you read out everythig correct, there are some game settings that result in changed hashes. Motionblur and DLSS are known to change hashes.

Edited by shad0r
6 hours ago, pigox12345 said:

Thanks for your advice.

See what Shad0r said.

Another tips: Exported model has a vertex groups step, every 3 continuous vertex groups has a valid vertex group, for example, 0 , 1, 2, 3.... 0, and 3 is valid, 1,2 are invalid, but you still need these dump vertex groups. And every vb has it's own vertex groups order, you need to find out the correct bones reference by yourself. So it 's not a simple copy and paste task.

Also I don’t know if it’s possible but is there a way to have the players have parry disabled vs guarding enemies from nioh 1? It’s basically if an enemy is guarding your normal weapon attacks won’t bounce off for all stances. That way you could use low and mid stance more. Is this possible? If let me know I’d love to have this back in the game

On 7/11/2021 at 6:21 PM, shad0r said:

Assuming you read out everythig correct, there are some game settings that result in changed hashes. Motionblur and DLSS are known to change hashes.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:58 PM, cOJzZ said:

See what Shad0r said.

Another tips: Exported model has a vertex groups step, every 3 continuous vertex groups has a valid vertex group, for example, 0 , 1, 2, 3.... 0, and 3 is valid, 1,2 are invalid, but you still need these dump vertex groups. And every vb has it's own vertex groups order, you need to find out the correct bones reference by yourself. So it 's not a simple copy and paste task.

Thank you. I have a new problem that I think is more difficult, and I have no idea how to do it.

In following figure, how can I take the blue part to fill in the empty of the red part? Is it possible?

image.png.7380d4e004b774014c08b7a2819986fd.png 

48 minutes ago, pigox12345 said:

Thank you. I have a new problem that I think is more difficult, and I have no idea how to do it.

In following figure, how can I take the blue part to fill in the empty of the red part? Is it possible?

image.png.7380d4e004b774014c08b7a2819986fd.png 

Of course possible. But there isn't a automatic way. You need to edit the mesh, join the meshes, weild the mesh, paint the weights, edit the uv map, edit the diffuse texture, edit the normal texture, edit the specular texture... All the skills you can learn them from some common blender/photoshop 3d modelling tutorials in YouTube, nothing special.