Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

26 minutes ago, murabito11 said:

What was written there was just an example of how to write it to show how to read multiple meshes.

If you want to use it, use
hash = xxxxxxxx
This part should contain the hash of the equipment you want to modify in the mod.
You will also need to assign textures to other resources such as ResourceMeshes1_t0.

I haven't tried to display too many meshes at the same time, so I don't know the details, but I think that it will probably be displayed without any problem unless it is displayed too much.

Before we get into how to change the value of stride, there is something to note.
The stride value in the .vb.ib you use for the mod must be the same as the value of the equipment before the mod.
For example, if you want to change Shinobi Robes to a mod, the stride of Shinobi Robes is 56, so you need to set the stride of the vb and ib you are making to 56 as well.
Even if you want to display multiple meshes, you need to set the stride value of all meshes to 56 (my body mod also needs to be changed to 56 if you want to use it with Shinobi Robes).

The way I change the stride value is to first dump the original equipment before replacing it with the mod, and then import it into blender.
Then, using the imported object as the parent, I combine it with the object whose stride I want to change.
For example, if you imported Shinobi Robes, you would first select the object whose stride you want to change, then select the additional Shinobi Robes you imported, and then merge them together.
If you then delete just the Shinobi Robes part, the stride will be treated as 56 the same as Shinobi Robes.

The value of stride is shown in the custom properties of blender's object information, but just changing it here manually does not seem to work correctly in the game.

So the hash is suppose to be the hash you get from when you go to hunting mod or from the hash in vb .txt name?

I figured that if I want to edit Lonewolf skirt I have to use the the vb .txt name for it to work correctly.

Btw, I did try what you just explained to me step by step, I have trouble on merging them, and then I tried to delete all the vertex group on the meshes and then it finally work, but I have to reapply the vertex group so I did transfer, by name order, all layer, nearest vertex edge interpolated, and then I tried to export it but it gives me error.

so I redo everything and delete all vertex group, I just want to test if the mesh even loaded at all even without weight or vertex group.

When I launch the game it says "Warning: Format unknown "DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT"

I don't know what's wrong in there, did I miss a step?

here's the .ini files I use:

[TextureOverrideLoneWolfMesh]
hash = 8d009fe8
handling = skip
vb0 = ResourceTorsoVB
ib = ResourceTorsoIB
ps-t0 = ResourceT0
ps-t1 = ResourceT1
ps-t2 = ResourceT2
ps-t3 = ResourceT3
ps-t4 = ResourceT4
drawindexed = auto
;;;;;;
vb0 = ResourceRightB_VB
ib = ResourceRightB_IB
ps-t0 = ResourceT0
ps-t1 = ResourceT1
ps-t2 = ResourceT2
ps-t3 = ResourceT3
ps-t4 = ResourceT4
drawindexed = auto
;;;;;;;
vb0 = ResourceLeftB_VB
ib = ResourceLeftB_IB
ps-t0 = ResourceT0
ps-t1 = ResourceT1
ps-t2 = ResourceT2
ps-t3 = ResourceT3
ps-t4 = ResourceT4
drawindexed = auto
;;;;;;;
[ResourceTorsoVB]
type = Buffer
stride = 56
filename = torso.vb
[ResourceTorsoIB]
type = Buffer
format = DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT
filaname = torso.ib
[ResourceRightB_VB]
type = Buffer
stride = 56
filename = rightB.vb
[ResourceRightB_IB]
type = Buffer
format = format = DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT
filename = rightB.ib
[ResourceLeftB_VB]
type = Buffer
stride = 56
filename = leftB.vb
[ResourceLeftB_IB]
type = Buffer
format = format = DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT
filename = leftB.ib

[ResourceT0]
filename = t0.dds
[ResourceT1]
filename = t1.dds
[ResourceT2]
filename = t2.dds
[ResourceT3]
filename = t3.dds
[ResourceT4]
filename = t4.dds

This is intended to replace Lonewolf armor.

Any idea what went wrong?

2 hours ago, VIEW.G said:

@alpaca21

Thanks for your noseblush mods

And I modified your mods to create my mods.

but, face looks so white.

Hide contents

1325200-20210519025223-1.png

Here's my texture file. I didn't touch the .ini file.

FaceSkinNoseBlush.7z 1.45 MB · 0 downloads

Can anyone help me?

I think it's because you're using both murabito's body with alpaca21's textures. These two mods are not compatible with each other, if I'm not mistaken. 

On 5/16/2021 at 5:17 AM, murabito11 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

001.png.9f0d3d6a6975c1982843a98a1d01794c.png

This is the next mod to be released?
I'm planning to release another underwear and bathing suit set mod at the same time, although it will take a little more time since it still needs to be adjusted.
I haven't tried it out yet, but I plan to make this underwear and swimsuit mod so that it can be combined and swapped with other mods that I release.

I'm also going to have an option for the swimsuit and underwear mod that will make you naked when equipped.

Really well done, give her one of them western hats from them old cowboy movies and you could almost cosplay as Aya or Kagura from the Onechanbara series.

4 hours ago, VIEW.G said:

@alpaca21

Thanks for your noseblush mods

And I modified your mods to create my mods.

but, face looks so white.

Reveal hidden contents

1325200-20210519025223-1.png

Here's my texture file. I didn't touch the .ini file.

FaceSkinNoseBlush.7z 1.45 MB · 0 downloads

Can anyone help me?

try save the file with BC7 8bpp Fine (SRGB DX11+) compression, and don't forget to use auto generated mip maps when you saved the file.

7 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

try save the file with BC7 8bpp Fine (SRGB DX11+) compression, and don't forget to use auto generated mip maps when you saved the file.

I tried as you said. But it's still white. What's wrong with my save method?

Spoiler

11.png

This is my original? file.

ps-t3=f0296c22.ddsps-t0=f0296c22.dds

38 minutes ago, VIEW.G said:

I tried as you said. But it's still white. What's wrong with my save method?

Hide contents

11.png

This is my original? file.

ps-t3=f0296c22.dds 4 MB · 0 downloads ps-t0=f0296c22.dds 4 MB · 0 downloads

Whoa, what are those......?
Nvidia Texture???

idk tbh, this is what my save settings looks like in photoshop:

Spoiler

image.png.dcb12765e71bca29c99ff75917f64202.png

I know for sure if you use- for example- Linear compression it will give white washed result on ps-t0 type texture, that's why I thought you have wrong save settings when exporting the texture after modifying it.

Now idk if RGBA is the same as sRGB or not so unfortunately idk if that actually the issue. You probably understand that better than me if you're using that fancy looking tool.

1 hour ago, alpaca21 said:

Whoa, what are those......?
Nvidia Texture???

idk tbh, this is what my save settings looks like in photoshop:

Hide contents

image.png.dcb12765e71bca29c99ff75917f64202.png

I know for sure if you use- for example- Linear compression it will give white washed result on ps-t0 type texture, that's why I thought you have wrong save settings when exporting the texture after modifying it.

Now idk if RGBA is the same as sRGB or not so unfortunately idk if that actually the issue. You probably understand that better than me if you're using that fancy looking tool.

If anyone sees this thread, I recommend using Intel's plug-in.

Maybe I didn't find it, but Nvidia plug-in doesn't have an sRGB.

Somehow the file size is different, but Modding is successful (my 1.33 mb alpaca 1 mb). thx

Spoiler

12.png

3 hours ago, Oedon said:

Does anyone know how to fix this clipping? I think the issue is with the vertex groups, but I don't know which one is it.

It looks fine when you're standing, but when you run or use a sword, it clips.

Hide contents

IMG_20210519_202205.jpg.9b656d894dba97e8715513ffbee9d5aa.jpgIMG_20210519_202129.jpg.7b6ab0522b3cdef9ca20ea3686ad5e9b.jpg

01_Shinobi Robes.zip 1.06 MB · 6 downloads

Just a quick guess, right arm? Try to remove irrelevant parts before you do weights transfer. In most time, we use "nearest xxx interpolated". If a vertex is close enough to a mesh, it will get weights from that mesh.

I give up, this is the best I can do:

Spoiler

IMG_20210520_204602.jpg.c0fd6336c9b2f4b1d9fae9974f0dfaf6.jpg

There's a shit ton of problems that need to be addressed, but it is WAY beyond my ability.

The mod replaces Shinobi Robes, Genmei Onmyo Flat, and Thief Waistguard.

Must use Murabito's Female Body Replacer.

The meshes and textures are from DOA5 LR sexy bunny outfit.

01_Shinobi Robes.zip FemaleBodyReplacer mesh edit to fit the mod.zip Custom UberGrainy Thief Skirt Black Compability.zip GenmeiFlatsEdited.zip

56 minutes ago, Oedon said:

Hide contents

There's a shit ton of problems that need to be addressed, but it is WAY beyond my ability.

01_Shinobi Robes.zip 2 MB · 3 downloads FemaleBodyReplacer mesh edit to fit the mod.zip 2.29 MB · 6 downloads Custom UberGrainy Thief Skirt Black Compability.zip 894.47 kB · 3 downloads GenmeiFlatsEdited.zip 79.22 kB · 2 downloads

Amazing work❤ !! If you allow me an opinion I would remove only the pantyhose ?

47 minutes ago, InternIsla said:

So, I have a question/request: would it be possible for someone to mod the Shrine Maiden's Gown so it scales with the bust slider (like the Shinobi Robes)?

Some armors just lack breasts vertex groups, no way to fix it.

But you can import the model into blender and scale it manually.

9 minutes ago, cOJzZ said:

Some armors just lack breasts vertex groups, no way to fix it.

But you can import the model into blender and scale it manually.

Damn, that's a shame. I don't have any experience working with 3D models, so if I try scaling it myself it'll probably just turn into a mess.

8 hours ago, Oedon said:

Reveal hidden contents

For some reason this worked on one character I had after a few tries, I went a made a new character and the thief replacer didn't render properly. Still works on the other character though...strange.

On 5/20/2021 at 11:04 AM, Oedon said:

Reveal hidden contents

01_Shinobi Robes.zip 2 MB · 29 downloads FemaleBodyReplacer mesh edit to fit the mod.zip 2.29 MB · 38 downloads Custom UberGrainy Thief Skirt Black Compability.zip 894.47 kB · 30 downloads GenmeiFlatsEdited.zip 79.22 kB · 26 downloads

It looks great! there's some minor issues but the outfit in general is perfect ❤️

asdasd.png

asdads.png

Does anyone have discord and can help me with some model editing related stuff? I just need some direction. I want to make something cool for you guys and I know how to do 3D modeling, animations, and weight painting (I go to school for it). I just need some help with the technical stuff.