Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

7 hours ago, fanyuzhen said:

Yes, I tried with multiple versions and also tried to import only one vb.txt, but it failed.

Ok, what are u trying to import into blender? An armor? I can try to import the same armor with my set-up if u what (after dumping the buffers from the game)

4 hours ago, lasnus said:

Ok, what are u trying to import into blender? An armor? I can try to import the same armor with my set-up if u what (after dumping the buffers from the game)

Yes, I'm trying to modify NPCs like Minamoto no Yorimitsu, I like her a lot.I also want to add a set of armor, which I'm already working on.

6 hours ago, fanyuzhen said:

Yes, I'm trying to modify NPCs like Minamoto no Yorimitsu, I like her a lot.I also want to add a set of armor, which I'm already working on.

So, I tested on Minamoto. What i did is: go to Character Directory in the Hut in game, look-up for Minamoto, go to hunting mode, find the pixel shader of her armor, and dump buffers. Than it imported fine into blender. Can u show a screenshot of the folder containing the vb and ib u are trying to import into blender, I just want to see the filename structure of the files.

5 hours ago, insistent said:

I was wondering if anyone has a blender file of kasha, or at least files to work with, i would appreciate it! :)

I don't have those files, someone already modded her on nexus and I'm using their mods. But, I think you better get it yourself if you want to do your own work on her, its not that hard to get those from the game

2 hours ago, lasnus said:

So, I tested on Minamoto. What i did is: go to Character Directory in the Hut in game, look-up for Minamoto, go to hunting mode, find the pixel shader of her armor, and dump buffers. Than it imported fine into blender. Can u show a screenshot of the folder containing the vb and ib u are trying to import into blender, I just want to see the filename structure of the files.

ok,this is what i tried.

20220721232504.png

20220721233230.png

20220721232700.png

Spoiler
43 minutes ago, fanyuzhen said:

ok,this is what i tried.

20220721232504.png

20220721233230.png

20220721232700.png

Ok thanks for the screens, I see nothing wrong with those screen. It seems that we got the same files and the same options are ticked when importing. Only thing which may be different is the blender version and the 3d migoto blender plugin used. Do you know where u got your plugin from?

Also, did u try ticking the option "Merge mesh together"? or try to Load from buf files instead?

Also, i found a topic relating to the same problem (kind of), you might want to check it out : https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=19708

6 hours ago, lasnus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok thanks for the screens, I see nothing wrong with those screen. It seems that we got the same files and the same options are ticked when importing. Only thing which may be different is the blender version and the 3d migoto blender plugin used. Do you know where u got your plugin from?

Also, did u try ticking the option "Merge mesh together"? or try to Load from buf files instead?

Also, i found a topic relating to the same problem (kind of), you might want to check it out : https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=19708

ok i found the file herehttps://github.com/Mawpius/3d-fixes/blob/master/blender_3dmigoto.py 

Also I implore you to share the blender version and your blender_3dmigoto address, maybe it's a problem with my computer.

23 minutes ago, fanyuzhen said:

ok i found the file herehttps://github.com/Mawpius/3d-fixes/blob/master/blender_3dmigoto.py 

Also I implore you to share the blender version and your blender_3dmigoto address, maybe it's a problem with my computer.

Ok, so for the blender plugin go to this post:

And for the blender version, I suggest you back up the old plugin. Uninstall it from your blender, install the one above and retry to import an armor.

If it still doesn't work try with 3.1 blender from here : https://download.blender.org/release/Blender3.1/  That is the one I'm using.

Hopefully it will work, because after that I'm out of ideas.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:06 PM, bakanox01 said:

Hi is there a way to make body apear ? 

image_2022-07-26_150627419.png

Yes, there is. But it is kynda complicated, and the modified armor may not be weight compatible depending on the weight groups present for the armor (e.g Breast Sliders depends on the armor having breast bones). I have not found anyway to add new bones to armors...

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 11:05 AM, takersflame said:

I used this image as reference, the mod creator stated that it utilizes the body textures, even though the choker sits way to high up to be integrated in those textures, so it had to be the face textures. Just no idea how to get my hands on those.. 155-1616447539-209321113.png

Did u try to dump the associated pixel shader for the face in hunting mode of 3dmigoto?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 12:27 PM, lasnus said:

Did u try to dump the associated pixel shader for the face in hunting mode of 3dmigoto?

First of all dont mind me;  was using a throwaway accaount and forgot the email.

Regarding your suggestion, ill attach 2 images of pixel shaders i assumed to contain the face textures and wich i saved the analysisdumps of . However, if pressing F8 and then searching the files of that analysis dump is NOT the way to get your hands on the face textures, then i dont know what to do. Or maybe i did something wrong, because all the pictures in the dumps i created of these 2 shaders seem to be the same. Regardless: 

Would be much appreciated if somebody knows how to extract the face textures.

Screenshot-150.pngScreenshot-151.png

On 9/10/2022 at 10:01 PM, takersflame1 said:

First of all dont mind me;  was using a throwaway accaount and forgot the email.

Regarding your suggestion, ill attach 2 images of pixel shaders i assumed to contain the face textures and wich i saved the analysisdumps of . However, if pressing F8 and then searching the files of that analysis dump is NOT the way to get your hands on the face textures, then i dont know what to do. Or maybe i did something wrong, because all the pictures in the dumps i created of these 2 shaders seem to be the same. Regardless: 

Would be much appreciated if somebody knows how to extract the face textures.

Screenshot-150.pngScreenshot-151.png

I have the same shader for the face "689fd27ca6767b8f" and after pressing F8, the face textures does appear to me in the frame analysis folder. Can u share your ini for dumping the faces shader and also the d3dx.ini of 3dmigoto (located same folder of nioh2.exe), espacially under the category : [CommandListN2Dump]

On 9/12/2022 at 1:29 AM, lasnus said:

I have the same shader for the face "689fd27ca6767b8f" and after pressing F8, the face textures does appear to me in the frame analysis folder. Can u share your ini for dumping the faces shader and also the d3dx.ini of 3dmigoto (located same folder of nioh2.exe), espacially under the category : [CommandListN2Dump]

I finally got it. Thanks a bunch. Now to the hard part (that it turned out to be). Do you happen to know how edit the face textures to form a ring on the character model?

4 hours ago, lasnus said:

What do you mean by a ring?

A choker of some sorts by editing the face texture. It doesnt work with simply drawing a sloped line beneath the chin from one end to the other, because the textures seem to contort irratically if its too high or low and the line kind of shifts at both edges of the texture.

15 hours ago, takersflame1 said:

A choker of some sorts by editing the face texture. It doesnt work with simply drawing a sloped line beneath the chin from one end to the other, because the textures seem to contort irratically if its too high or low and the line kind of shifts at both edges of the texture.

That might be a UV problem or worse a pixel shade problem. I have an idea but it might be a bit complex.

What u can try is to import the vertex buffer of the upper neck into blender. There u can add a new object cylinder, skin wrapit around the neck, modify the shape like u want.

Then transfer weight of the upper neck to the choker. Then make a copy of the upper neck mesh, join the choker to the upper neck( the neck needs to be the main selection).

After joining them u can delete the vertex of the upper neck from the joined mesh leaving only the choker.

Be sure to normalize normals vectors afterwards. Then edit the uv map in blender to match the choker texture.

Export the choker, but make sure the number of weight groups are the same for both the choker and the neck, and that the weighting of each group concords.

After that, in the ini u need to add the vexter buffer into the same vertex buffer of the upper neck (define vb0 and ib, and ps-t0- t1... etc).

If u need more explanation I'd be happy to help, but I'm not good with making and modifiying textures but in your case I think this is not directly a texture problem

15 hours ago, lasnus said:

That might be a UV problem or worse a pixel shade problem. I have an idea but it might be a bit complex.

What u can try is to import the vertex buffer of the upper neck into blender. There u can add a new object cylinder, skin wrapit around the neck, modify the shape like u want.

Then transfer weight of the upper neck to the choker. Then make a copy of the upper neck mesh, join the choker to the upper neck( the neck needs to be the main selection).

After joining them u can delete the vertex of the upper neck from the joined mesh leaving only the choker.

Be sure to normalize normals vectors afterwards. Then edit the uv map in blender to match the choker texture.

Export the choker, but make sure the number of weight groups are the same for both the choker and the neck, and that the weighting of each group concords.

After that, in the ini u need to add the vexter buffer into the same vertex buffer of the upper neck (define vb0 and ib, and ps-t0- t1... etc).

If u need more explanation I'd be happy to help, but I'm not good with making and modifiying textures but in your case I think this is not directly a texture problem

Sounds good, very thorough approach. I might try it when i have more time in the following days. Thanks a bunch! You have helped me out a lot over the course of the last few weeks

Hey all, I've also tried my hand at doing some armor/mesh editing/replacing but every time I try to send it to blender I keep getting one of these two errors “Only draw calls using a single vertex buffer and a single index buffer are supported for now” or “Unable to find corresponding buffers from filename - ensure you are loading a dump from a timestamped Frame Analysis directory (not a deduped directory)”. 

I've tried using older Blender versions (I use 3.1, tried with 3.0) but same thing keeps happening, any idea why that might be? And before you ask no, I'm not getting the files from the "deputed directory", and trying to move one file at a time also doesn't do anything.