Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

5 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

Thank you for the support, I'm aware of those things, I do tried to recover my files with Recuva wondering if I can salvage anything that's why I didn't give a conclusive statement if I will actually quit or not and I manage to contact people from C&E Center, fortunately I managed to recover at least the project from 2019 and up, the recovery effort just finished an hour ago, unfortunately the rest are kinda broken, not sure what went wrong. So in the end I still have a long way just trying to cling with my job so this is it.

I'm officially quit unfortunately, I need to recover what's left so this one is a definite good bye. ANYWAY, I hope this community will keep growing, would be awesome if I can have something I can look forward to install in 3 or 4 years ahead when I can finally lax again! But seriously thanks everyone! It was a blast.

Do What Must Be Done!  I hope your jobstuff works out for the better.

We will be here... maybe

22 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

Thank you for the support, I'm aware of those things, I do tried to recover my files with Recuva wondering if I can salvage anything that's why I didn't give a conclusive statement if I will actually quit or not and I manage to contact people from C&E Center, fortunately I managed to recover at least the project from 2019 and up, the recovery effort just finished an hour ago, unfortunately the rest are kinda broken, not sure what went wrong. So in the end I still have a long way just trying to cling with my job so this is it.

I'm officially quit unfortunately, I need to recover what's left so this one is a definite good bye. ANYWAY, I hope this community will keep growing, would be awesome if I can have something I can look forward to install in 3 or 4 years ahead when I can finally lax again! But seriously thanks everyone! It was a blast.

Thank you for all the mods so far.

It was thanks to your mod that I was interested in the nioh2 mod.
Without it I wouldn't have made a mod with nioh2.

Thank you very much and thank you for your hard work.

Henlo I'd like to change some colours of some armors but i can't find the dds files. I've been tinkering around with already modded dds files to fit my needs i just can't do it from scratch. Also follow up question: Can you recolour weapons too? Thanks

Edited by BloodyKastiel
25 minutes ago, BloodyKastiel said:

Henlo I'd like to change some colours of some armors but i can't find the dds files. I've been tinkering around with already modded dds files to fit my needs i just can't do it from scratch. 

You need to dump the files.

There is a Tutorial for it on the first page in this thread. 

So I've tried to follow the instructions and picked kodama bowl as an example aswell. I'm 100% sure that im missing/ did something wrong since my game crashes as soon as i try to equip a kodama bowl. xD I also get an error everytime the shaders are refreshed im gonna add an image for that. I've tried to put in a line as said to allow duplicate hash and only overrule worked and let me ignore the messagebut still game crashes.

My .ini file : 

[ShaderOverrideKodamaBowlRed]
hash = 91ea5a0a0fc326fa
run = CommandListN2General

[TextureOverrideKodamaBowlRedSigil]
hash = de095efb
ps-t1 = ResourceKodamaBowlRedSigil

[ResourceKodamaBowlRedSigil]
filename = KodamaBowlredSigil

the edited .dds file shares the same name as the resource filename.

Sorry to trouble you people but im really just starting out with this kind of creating mods etc.

Error Report after shaderrefresh.png

Edited by BloodyKastiel
46 minutes ago, BloodyKastiel said:

So I've tried to follow the instructions and picked kodama bowl as an example aswell. I'm 100% sure that im missing/ did something wrong since my game crashes as soon as i try to equip a kodama bowl. xD I also get an error everytime the shaders are refreshed im gonna add an image for that. I've tried to put in a line as said to allow duplicate hash and only overrule worked and let me ignore the messagebut still game crashes.

My .ini file : 

[ShaderOverrideKodamaBowlRed]
hash = 91ea5a0a0fc326fa
run = CommandListN2General

[TextureOverrideKodamaBowlRedSigil]
hash = de095efb
ps-t1 = ResourceKodamaBowlRedSigil

[ResourceKodamaBowlRedSigil]
filename = KodamaBowlredSigil

the edited .dds file shares the same name as the resource filename.

Sorry to trouble you people but im really just starting out with this kind of creating mods etc.

Error Report after shaderrefresh.png

As the red words said, add "allow_duplicate_hash = overrule" line to shanderoverride section to suppress the warning.

For the crash, I don't know. Maybe you should just use the original dds file first to see if it works.
2 hours ago, cOJzZ said:

As the red words said, add "allow_duplicate_hash = overrule" line to shanderoverride section to suppress the warning.

For the crash, I don't know. Maybe you should just use the original dds file first to see if it works.

Alright so i included "allow_duplicate_hash = overrule".

I've tried to make it work with the original .dds file but now the Bowl becomes completely black and a new message:

Failed to load custom texture resource E:\Steamgames\steamapps\common\Nioh2\000018.1-[commandlistn2dump]-ps-t1=de095efb.dds: 0x80070002

I removed everything and restarted from the beginning but this time with the Onmyo Warrior Chestpiece. Basically same problem it became completely black and same error message.

Edited by BloodyKastiel
missed an x in errorcode
2 hours ago, BloodyKastiel said:

Alright so i included "allow_duplicate_hash = overrule".

I've tried to make it work with the original .dds file but now the Bowl becomes completely black and a new message:

Failed to load custom texture resource E:\Steamgames\steamapps\common\Nioh2\000018.1-[commandlistn2dump]-ps-t1=de095efb.dds: 0x80070002

I removed everything and restarted from the beginning but this time with the Onmyo Warrior Chestpiece. Basically same problem it became completely black and same error message.

To get started, I would suggest you to take a look at what other people did in their .ini files and try to transform this to your project.

As for your "KodamaBowl" example: it looks like the file extension in the resource declaration is missing. ".dds" MUST be included.

Edited by shad0r

Someone help me, and sorry for my poor english.

I ripped the meshes and texures of my own charactor with ninja ripper, and put them into blender.

But   the meshes and texures didn’t reflect my charactor edit.

(ex; hair color,eye color,face contour)

Does anyone know how to rip  the meshes and texures reflected my charactor edit?

Henlo again you guys

So i solved my initial problem aka wouldn't load custom textures errorcode 0x80070002. I used photoshop cs6 this time and installed the nvidia dds plugin and it worked. Nothing was wrong with my .ini file just Paint.Net really messing the files up somehow. The weird thing is i can open a dds file with Paint.Net that has been edited before by photoshop and save it as BC7 ( sRGB, DX11+) and the game won't have any issues loading the file this time.

anyway new issue. ?

I've done changes on the Swordmaster armor changed the robe, shirt and the pants everything working like a charm no problems. Now i tried to work on the Ministry Justice Coat.

I did everything the same and when im into the game there are no problems at first...i just noticed one thing, the armor under the coat that i have modified starts flashing in a lighter color. It only happens in certain angles lemme show you in that clip. Does anyone know whats happening or how i might be able to solve it? tyvm

Edited by BloodyKastiel
would is not wouldn't and angles
16 hours ago, BloodyKastiel said:

Henlo again you guys

So i solved my initial problem aka wouldn't load custom textures errorcode 0x80070002. I used photoshop cs6 this time and installed the nvidia dds plugin and it worked. Nothing was wrong with my .ini file just Paint.Net really messing the files up somehow. The weird thing is i can open a dds file with Paint.Net that has been edited before by photoshop and save it as BC7 ( sRGB, DX11+) and the game won't have any issues loading the file this time.

anyway new issue. ?

I've done changes on the Swordmaster armor changed the robe, shirt and the pants everything working like a charm no problems. Now i tried to work on the Ministry Justice Coat.

I did everything the same and when im into the game there are no problems at first...i just noticed one thing, the armor under the coat that i have modified starts flashing in a lighter color. It only happens in certain angles lemme show you in that clip. Does anyone know whats happening or how i might be able to solve it? tyvm

In the same ps, if you replace a texture in a vs (in that ps), every other vs (in that ps) that use the same texture will be affected. To solve this problem, texture in those vs should be repalce by the original dds agian.

Hello everyone! Another modder here! I have a question. is there some organization to the vertex groups? I know mods such as murabito11's have extremely accurate weight painting, and I'd like to do that too, but I don't know how. If someone could tell me it would be greatly appreciated!