Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

4 hours ago, nicnica said:

Hey all, I've also tried my hand at doing some armor/mesh editing/replacing but every time I try to send it to blender I keep getting one of these two errors “Only draw calls using a single vertex buffer and a single index buffer are supported for now” or “Unable to find corresponding buffers from filename - ensure you are loading a dump from a timestamped Frame Analysis directory (not a deduped directory)”. 

I've tried using older Blender versions (I use 3.1, tried with 3.0) but same thing keeps happening, any idea why that might be? And before you ask no, I'm not getting the files from the "deputed directory", and trying to move one file at a time also doesn't do anything.

Hi, someone else had also the same problem as u have here, but I don't know if he/she managed to solve it.

I don't know if this will work since i didn't test it, but u can try this script for blender https://github.com/eArmada8/vbuffer_merge_split!

I got this link from the 3dmigoto discord server. Hope it will work for u

22 minutes ago, lasnus said:

Hi, someone else had also the same problem as u have here, but I don't know if he/she managed to solve it.

I don't know if this will work since i didn't test it, but u can try this script for blender https://github.com/eArmada8/vbuffer_merge_split!

I got this link from the 3dmigoto discord server. Hope it will work for u

First off thanks for the fast response. Sadly this doesn't seem to be working for me, unless I'm actually supposed to run it separately instead of installing it on Blender? Not that I'm sure if I'm installing it correctly because it doesn't seem to show up on the add on list, but it says it installed successfully. 

4 hours ago, nicnica said:

First off thanks for the fast response. Sadly this doesn't seem to be working for me, unless I'm actually supposed to run it separately instead of installing it on Blender? Not that I'm sure if I'm installing it correctly because it doesn't seem to show up on the add on list, but it says it installed successfully. 

Well according to the github it merge multiple vertex buffers if they are sharing the same index buffer, if I understood correctly. To quote the github:

"vb_merge.py: Run in the directory of the frame dump (txt format), and it will attempt to merge every .vb* group it finds. Outputs into ./output as otherwise it would have to overwrite the .vb0 file. (This script can take a while to run if you run it on a raw dump, as ToCS4 can dump several hundred files in a scene. You may want to run this on just the buffers of interest. Also, even if you choose to run it on an entire dump, I would still recommend importing into Blender only the meshes you want to edit. If you select a bunch and there are meshes utilizing semantics that Blender does not support, the entire import will fail.)"

So, if I'm not mistaken, the script must be executed in the frame analysis directory (not in deduped one!) and not into blender. It will look for vertex buffers to merge, and if found output them into a new folder */output. Again I've never use this script and maybe this is not for the problem u are having.

Also u might need to install python 3.9.12 (this is the version he used)

On 9/20/2022 at 11:21 PM, redbible said:

Will Wo Long use the engine as Nioh 2? Wondering if I start learning some modding tools now if they will carry over.

I hope not, or at least a upgraded version of Nioh's. For now, I didn't see any news about it. I hope it will be more moddable then Nioh 2, 3dmigoto is cool and all, but it has limitations and some things are just not possible to mod. I think you better wait until the game releases before starting to learn how it can be modded.

6 hours ago, Belmod said:

Has anybody made a nude mod for the default body (or a closed match) that allows the use of the muscle textures and tattoos? I would be very interested in getting something like that.

I've made one for myself but it is not for the default body shape. I merged the part the body shape from the work of several mods found on the Nexus (Chest Wrap Removal, Female Body Tweak, Thick Thigh and Bottom). The muscle textures, skin tone and tattoos work, but there is a kinda visible seam on the ass due to the body still using the the vanilla body textures. I didn't manage to alter those textures while keeping the muscle and tattoos feature working, and I think nobody managed to do that.

The only part of the body that is not tattoo-able or colorable for my body is the nipples and the labia part

However, since I'm using parts of assets from different mods I cannot share this I'm sorry. Also I'm still not finished with it and it need more work.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, the19thhell said:

is there a way to either remove the invisible effect when using suppa scroll, or make it reference the same texture as when not using the scroll? I've been using some mods on my clothes but once I use suppa scroll the appearance goes back to unmodded version

Yes maybe, I've encounter kinda the same issue: when going into tall grass; the PC goes almost invisible (like a sneak mode) and goes back to unmodded versions of armours. The issue was that the pixel shaders and the vertex buffers changes when going invisible or into grass.

To solve this you can try to check for the pixel shaders and vertex buffers in hunting mode and add them into the ini so that the vertex buffer swap works for this case

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, im new to this, but how do you edit an already edited mesh? is it possible or not?

i keep importing the default texture instead of the replacer

i wanted to remove some clippings in armors/clothing with a new body type

Edited by Skylaaa
On 10/13/2022 at 6:21 AM, Skylaaa said:

sorry, im new to this, but how do you edit an already edited mesh? is it possible or not?

i keep importing the default texture instead of the replacer

i wanted to remove some clippings in armors/clothing with a new body type

Yes it is. What do you mean by importing the default texture? Importing from what into what?

If you want to edit a mesh from a mod to fit a new body, you just need to import their .vb into blender and work from that in blender.

Without knowing the mods or the body your using I can't suggest anymore without wild guessing.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:45 AM, lasnus said:

Yes it is. What do you mean by importing the default texture? Importing from what into what?

If you want to edit a mesh from a mod to fit a new body, you just need to import their .vb into blender and work from that in blender.

Without knowing the mods or the body your using I can't suggest anymore without wild guessing.

I mean i keep importing the vanilla mesh instead of the modded one. sorry, i didnt notice i used texture instead of mesh.

But just for clarification, the same process of importing the mesh that I want to edit in blender like in the tutorial

THEN importing the .vb file, am i correct?

by importing .vb file meaning that i should use the "import raw buffers (.vb + .ib)"?

i want to make the suzuka skirt:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/167

to make it compatible with:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/166 (the panties look like diapers because it's exceeding beyond the body mesh)

as practice and fix many outfits that have problems with this body.

EDIT

i tried the raw buffers(.vb+ib) since that's the only thing other than the frame analysis import, the other is vmgap or something

now it's asking me a txt file  with matching format.

dunno what that file i should look for or where it's located.

asd.png

Edited by Skylaaa
18 hours ago, Skylaaa said:

I mean i keep importing the vanilla mesh instead of the modded one. sorry, i didnt notice i used texture instead of mesh.

But just for clarification, the same process of importing the mesh that I want to edit in blender like in the tutorial

THEN importing the .vb file, am i correct?

by importing .vb file meaning that i should use the "import raw buffers (.vb + .ib)"?

i want to make the suzuka skirt:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/167

to make it compatible with:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/166 (the panties look like diapers because it's exceeding beyond the body mesh)

as practice and fix many outfits that have problems with this body.

EDIT

i tried the raw buffers(.vb+ib) since that's the only thing other than the frame analysis import, the other is vmgap or something

now it's asking me a txt file  with matching format.

dunno what that file i should look for or where it's located.

asd.png

In blender, go to >File -> Import -> 3D Migoto raw buffers (.vb and.ib) -> Select the vb from the body located in "00_FemaleBodyReplacer\meshes"

the ib will be loaded at the same time (so no need to import it manually) -> Repeat the process until you loaded everything from the mod.

Try if it work to import multiple .vb at once (It doesn't work for me)

After that, I highly suggest you put all the meshes into a new collection (From the scene collection panel in blender)

Then save the project and call it something like "FemaleBodyReplacer".

So that you don't have to reimport everybodypart for each new project or new armors you want to convert.

Reload the "FemaleBodyReplacer" project or continue, and import this time the vb of the armor. For the Suzuka skirt there is a problem though, the mod doesn't contain .fmt files corresponding to each .vb, which make it impossible for the plugin to import the .vb.

What you can do in that case is try to frame analysis dump the original thief skirt from the game, import the .txt into blender

(>File -> Import -> 3D Migoto frame analysis dump (vb.txt and ib.txt)). This part is the same as the tutorial. Then export the loaded meshes as .vb (the plugin will create the .ib and the missing .fmt.

After you made the modification the armor mesh, export it : >File -> Export -> 3D Migoto raw buffers (.vb and.ib)

I hope I've made it clear enough, otherwise I'm sorry, these things are not easy to explain like this.

If u need more help or clarification, don't hesitate to ask

16 hours ago, lasnus said:

In blender, go to >File -> Import -> 3D Migoto raw buffers (.vb and.ib) -> Select the vb from the body located in "00_FemaleBodyReplacer\meshes"

the ib will be loaded at the same time (so no need to import it manually) -> Repeat the process until you loaded everything from the mod.

Try if it work to import multiple .vb at once (It doesn't work for me)

After that, I highly suggest you put all the meshes into a new collection (From the scene collection panel in blender)

Then save the project and call it something like "FemaleBodyReplacer".

So that you don't have to reimport everybodypart for each new project or new armors you want to convert.

Reload the "FemaleBodyReplacer" project or continue, and import this time the vb of the armor. For the Suzuka skirt there is a problem though, the mod doesn't contain .fmt files corresponding to each .vb, which make it impossible for the plugin to import the .vb.

What you can do in that case is try to frame analysis dump the original thief skirt from the game, import the .txt into blender

(>File -> Import -> 3D Migoto frame analysis dump (vb.txt and ib.txt)). This part is the same as the tutorial. Then export the loaded meshes as .vb (the plugin will create the .ib and the missing .fmt.

After you made the modification the armor mesh, export it : >File -> Export -> 3D Migoto raw buffers (.vb and.ib)

I hope I've made it clear enough, otherwise I'm sorry, these things are not easy to explain like this.

If u need more help or clarification, don't hesitate to ask

tried importing them but most of them dont appear and just gives me an error

even doing it one by oneimage.png.06c8f1f1a17132f3ab9290727cc97311.png

asd.png

Edited by Skylaaa
8 hours ago, Skylaaa said:

tried importing them but most of them dont appear and just gives me an error

even doing it one by oneimage.png.06c8f1f1a17132f3ab9290727cc97311.png

asd.png

Ok, so I tried to import every vb from the female replacer mod, and I was able to see every mesh imported even though I have the same error as yours when importing. Those are here because the plugin tries to import texture path and vgmap path when there is none, but it should still be able to import the mesh from the vb.

What blender version and what 3dmigoto plugin are u using?

On 10/21/2022 at 6:12 AM, lasnus said:

Ok, so I tried to import every vb from the female replacer mod, and I was able to see every mesh imported even though I have the same error as yours when importing. Those are here because the plugin tries to import texture path and vgmap path when there is none, but it should still be able to import the mesh from the vb.

What blender version and what 3dmigoto plugin are u using?

I don't remember my version, because my pc got reformatted. but could you suggest what version should I use instead?

17 hours ago, Skylaaa said:

I don't remember my version, because my pc got reformatted. but could you suggest what version should I use instead?

To see what is your blender version, in blender look up next to File, there should be a blender logo, click it and click "About blender".

I'm using blender 3.1.0 with this plugin updated by Mawpius : https://github.com/Mawpius/3d-fixes/blob/master/blender_3dmigoto.py

On 10/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, lasnus said:

To see what is your blender version, in blender look up next to File, there should be a blender logo, click it and click "About blender".

I'm using blender 3.1.0 with this plugin updated by Mawpius : https://github.com/Mawpius/3d-fixes/blob/master/blender_3dmigoto.py

Tried your version and, well, I managed to import every part with errors as I go.

The problem was that I tried to import every thing in one go.

Now, I tried it one by one (that was painful), but hey it worked. thanks homie. I'll ask again if I have other questions.

Thanks again! cheers.

image.png.fe58f249faf02833fe41f01ba15d9e63.png

Edited by Skylaaa
On 10/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, lasnus said:

I want to ask now is how to add a certain mesh with texture to a different mesh from a different mod? 

By means of merging it in blender? If so how about the textures of the new merged mesh?

Then again, I found the parts of the image below to be separate files. it has it's own name "eboshirope.vb".

If it's possible to just add this through the .ini file via means of just creating new files that have similar file location structure. I want to know how

I want to add the rope or ribbon from this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/197

image.jpeg.82964aa44b02ae73e1bf94fb550887e2.jpeg

To this https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/177

Edited by Skylaaa
20 hours ago, Skylaaa said:

I want to ask now is how to add a certain mesh with texture to a different mesh from a different mod? 

By means of merging it in blender? If so how about the textures of the new merged mesh?

Then again, I found the parts of the image below to be separate files. it has it's own name "eboshirope.vb".

If it's possible to just add this through the .ini file via means of just creating new files that have similar file location structure. I want to know how

I want to add the rope or ribbon from this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/197

image.jpeg.82964aa44b02ae73e1bf94fb550887e2.jpeg

To this https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/177

To add a mesh into another armor, their is two parts; one in blender and one in the ini.

In blender, it is kinda complicated.

Load both meshes from both armor. Check the number of vextex group from both armors. If they match, you need to check in weight paint mode if the weights matches between the same number of the vertex groups (check only multiples of 3, ex: group 0,3,6 ...). If they don't match you will need to transfer the weights from the reference outfit (here it is the shinobi torso) to the ribbon. I will detail this further below.

After that, separate the mesh part you want to keep in edit mode, select it and press P by default to separate (by selection) into a new object ( I suggest renaming the object).

In edit mode still, here you can make any modifications to the shape of the mesh you want.

After that, if the vertex group verifications from above  didn't match, you need to do the following otherwise you can skip this part.

Select the mesh you want to merge into the new armor (here the ribbon), in object data properties window ( bottom left window), in the vertex group window, click on the "v" between the "-" and "up_arrow" and click on delete all groups.

Then, select the reference object that has the correct vertex groups ( here the shinobi armor) then shift left click on the destination mesh (the ribbon).

If u did this correctly, the reference object should glow in orange/red and the ribbon yellow.

Then go to weight paint mode and click on transfer weights, a box with option should appear. Make sure it is like the image below:

Spoiler

328883234_transferweightoptions.jpg.e79d64172e2f5d810e394dbf1ce87532.jpg

Then here you can check if the weight group transfered succesfully by clicking on the vertex groups and comparing between the 2 meshes. You might need to modify the weight painting if the in game results is buggy or inapropriate according to the player's movements and poses.

After that, if the stride from both armors are different, here is what u can do.

Make a copy of the reference armor (shinobi torso), select the mesh u want to merge (ribbon) and shift select the copy of the reference.

If done correctly, the reference should be outlined in yellow and the ribbon in dark orange.

Then hit ctrl+J to merge them into one object, this should copy the 3dmigoto data into the ribbon mesh so it has the same stride.

Thend in edit mode, select only the ribbon mesh you want to keep then in "select" next to "view" (in the top of the viewport window), hit invert.

Now only the shinobi armor part should be selected, then delete all of it (hit "delete" or "suppr" then select faces)

Finally, u can export the vb with a name coherent with the armor (ex: shinobi_torso_ribbon.vb or whatever)

Then in the ini of the shinobi armor, you need to find out the texture override part of the armor you are modifying (torso in your case)

[TextureOverrideShinobi]
hash = cad6327b
handling = skip
vb0 = ResourceBody_vb
ib = ResourceBody_ib
ps-t0 = Resource_EquipBody_t0
ps-t1 = Resource_Body_t1
ps-t3 = Resource_Body_t3
drawindexed = auto
;----
vb0 = ResourceShinobi_vb
ib = ResourceShinobi_ib
ps-t0 = ResourceShinobi_t0
ps-t1 = ResourceShinobi_t1
ps-t3 = ResourceShinobi_t3
drawindexed = auto

And add this at the end of this textureoverride part, the naming is what u decide it to be but it need to be coherent and have Resource at the beginning,

vb0 = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_vb
ib = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_ib
ps-t0 = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t0
ps-t1 = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t1
ps-t3 = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t3
drawindexed = auto

[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_vb]
type = Buffer
stride = 56
filename = meshes\shinobi_torso_ribbon.vb
[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_ib]
type = Buffer
format = DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT
filename = meshes\shinobi_torso_ribbon.ib

[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t0]
filename = textures\shinobi_torso_ribbon_t0.dds
[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t1]
filename = textures\shinobi_torso_ribbon_t1.dds
[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t3]
filename = textures\shinobi_torso_ribbon_t3.dds

The texture part is from the suzuka bandit mod, but you have to figure out what textures u need that that have the ribbon parts in it.

Also, in nioh 2 sometimes the t1 and t3 doesn't corresponding between armors and might be t4 or t5 which will modify in the ini code the part where it says ps-t1, ps-t3, etc....

Also, make sure to copy the meshes and textures in the appropriate folders in the shinobi mod.

As always it is kinda hard to explain all of this so don't hesitate to ask if something is not clear

On 10/28/2022 at 10:13 AM, lasnus said:

To add a mesh into another armor, their is two parts; one in blender and one in the ini.

In blender, it is kinda complicated.

Load both meshes from both armor. Check the number of vextex group from both armors. If they match, you need to check in weight paint mode if the weights matches between the same number of the vertex groups (check only multiples of 3, ex: group 0,3,6 ...). If they don't match you will need to transfer the weights from the reference outfit (here it is the shinobi torso) to the ribbon. I will detail this further below.

After that, separate the mesh part you want to keep in edit mode, select it and press P by default to separate (by selection) into a new object ( I suggest renaming the object).

In edit mode still, here you can make any modifications to the shape of the mesh you want.

After that, if the vertex group verifications from above  didn't match, you need to do the following otherwise you can skip this part.

Select the mesh you want to merge into the new armor (here the ribbon), in object data properties window ( bottom left window), in the vertex group window, click on the "v" between the "-" and "up_arrow" and click on delete all groups.

Then, select the reference object that has the correct vertex groups ( here the shinobi armor) then shift left click on the destination mesh (the ribbon).

If u did this correctly, the reference object should glow in orange/red and the ribbon yellow.

Then go to weight paint mode and click on transfer weights, a box with option should appear. Make sure it is like the image below:

Reveal hidden contents

328883234_transferweightoptions.jpg.e79d64172e2f5d810e394dbf1ce87532.jpg

Then here you can check if the weight group transfered succesfully by clicking on the vertex groups and comparing between the 2 meshes. You might need to modify the weight painting if the in game results is buggy or inapropriate according to the player's movements and poses.

After that, if the stride from both armors are different, here is what u can do.

Make a copy of the reference armor (shinobi torso), select the mesh u want to merge (ribbon) and shift select the copy of the reference.

If done correctly, the reference should be outlined in yellow and the ribbon in dark orange.

Then hit ctrl+J to merge them into one object, this should copy the 3dmigoto data into the ribbon mesh so it has the same stride.

Thend in edit mode, select only the ribbon mesh you want to keep then in "select" next to "view" (in the top of the viewport window), hit invert.

Now only the shinobi armor part should be selected, then delete all of it (hit "delete" or "suppr" then select faces)

Finally, u can export the vb with a name coherent with the armor (ex: shinobi_torso_ribbon.vb or whatever)

Then in the ini of the shinobi armor, you need to find out the texture override part of the armor you are modifying (torso in your case)

[TextureOverrideShinobi]
hash = cad6327b
handling = skip
vb0 = ResourceBody_vb
ib = ResourceBody_ib
ps-t0 = Resource_EquipBody_t0
ps-t1 = Resource_Body_t1
ps-t3 = Resource_Body_t3
drawindexed = auto
;----
vb0 = ResourceShinobi_vb
ib = ResourceShinobi_ib
ps-t0 = ResourceShinobi_t0
ps-t1 = ResourceShinobi_t1
ps-t3 = ResourceShinobi_t3
drawindexed = auto

And add this at the end of this textureoverride part, the naming is what u decide it to be but it need to be coherent and have Resource at the beginning,

vb0 = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_vb
ib = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_ib
ps-t0 = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t0
ps-t1 = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t1
ps-t3 = ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t3
drawindexed = auto

[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_vb]
type = Buffer
stride = 56
filename = meshes\shinobi_torso_ribbon.vb
[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_ib]
type = Buffer
format = DXGI_FORMAT_R16_UINT
filename = meshes\shinobi_torso_ribbon.ib

[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t0]
filename = textures\shinobi_torso_ribbon_t0.dds
[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t1]
filename = textures\shinobi_torso_ribbon_t1.dds
[ResourceShinobi_Torso_Ribbon_t3]
filename = textures\shinobi_torso_ribbon_t3.dds

The texture part is from the suzuka bandit mod, but you have to figure out what textures u need that that have the ribbon parts in it.

Also, in nioh 2 sometimes the t1 and t3 doesn't corresponding between armors and might be t4 or t5 which will modify in the ini code the part where it says ps-t1, ps-t3, etc....

Also, make sure to copy the meshes and textures in the appropriate folders in the shinobi mod.

As always it is kinda hard to explain all of this so don't hesitate to ask if something is not clear

Did that, now the mesh stretches to infinity. Might be the weight issue or vertex group. I'll try to learn weight painting then.

I didn't understand this part:

On 10/28/2022 at 10:13 AM, lasnus said:

So I skipped it for now but it might be the cause of the issue too.

Edited by Skylaaa
28 minutes ago, Skylaaa said:

I didn't understand this part:

On 10/28/2022 at 4:13 AM, lasnus said:

So I skipped it for now but it might be the cause of the issue too.

You need to look for the 3dmigoto properties in blender. Go to Object mode, go to the Item tab and look under the Properties there. See the screenshot below:

Spoiler

1840296266_3dminfos.jpg.c8b22324bf8bfdfe91efae67b3e36f84.jpg

So if u have a stretched mesh when you load your modded armor into the game, it is either a problem of vextex group ( the totalt number of groups is wrong or a vertex group is not corresponding to the original bones of the original armor) or either a problem of the stride of the armor (which is not the same of the original armor) or both. Here, "original armors" means the vanilla armor the mod is based on, for ex, the shinobi mod is based on the shinobi torso armor.

• 2 weeks later...