Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

Returning to my modded Nioh after a few months makes me laugh

Continuing with my Taimanin Asagi theme and no effort mod recolors, I recolored the Nyotengu catsuit mod to be Asagi Purple.  Inb4 someone asks for my decidedly lewd background poster file, I included that too.  Very NSFW.  Don't really know why this thread is quite so SFW for a loverslab thread, but there's your warning.

Schoolgirl Strikers to Pink, slightly better edgework could be done, but the leftover red is so miniscule I personally didn't care.

Spoiler

Catsuit_t0.dds

Stick that in the catsuit textures

image.png.8468de807f2a7ff40246575c3acf3891.png

And an Asagi for comparison

1193663363_taimaninasagi.png.769053cfd9aea03f84936ef0cfd182e1.png

Poster1.ddsStrikers_t0.ddsPoster2.dds

1 hour ago, IonOfTime said:

I'm currently running into some clipping with the Thicker Thighs version of UberGrainy's Thief Skirt undies:

image.png.24d2e8a1738be67180ff996462e2d41f.png

Would this require edits to the model in Blender in order to fix?

It's clipping so the probable answer is yes, but I believe if you're willing to just delete that part of the nude texture you'd also be fine, since there'd be nothing to clip

23 hours ago, arggme said:

It's clipping so the probable answer is yes, but I believe if you're willing to just delete that part of the nude texture you'd also be fine, since there'd be nothing to clip

That's a good idea.  Since I don't have Photoshop, time to see if I can get Paint.net to work.

1 hour ago, sonickjuice said:

So no one can help me?

I would try contact for example Alpaca or Morabito directly via PM here or on Nexus, they seem nice, but might not check here very often since thread is kind of slow now.

I hope you find some help, we can always use new modder :D

6 hours ago, ZReincarnation said:

Still patiently anticipating the upcoming swimsuit mod~ :3

The swimsuit mod that I was going to upload was to replace the Fuma series with a mod.
However, I found out that the next mod I was going to make after the swimsuit could not be made without using the Fuma Ninja Robe.

So I'm working on fixing that, but I'm having a hard time adjusting it because there is not much equipment in nioh2 that can be replaced by mods.

23 hours ago, sonickjuice said:

So no one can help me?

If you tell me specifically which part you don't understand, I can answer, but if you ask me to teach you how to make a mod, it's difficult to answer.

I don't even have much time to make my own mods right now, so if you want me to take the time to teach you things, I'm sorry, but I can't meet your expectations.

9 hours ago, ZReincarnation said:

Still patiently anticipating the upcoming swimsuit mod~ :3

If you go into Murabito's ini for that striker's mod you can add a ; before a drawindexed line until you only have the swimsuit left already, if you'd like.  Just toy around and figure out which one you want to be getting rid of to leave only the bikini.  You can also easily change colors all over it with paint.net and modifying Strikers_t0.dss

[ShaderOverrideStrikers12_Invisible]
hash = 772657b75ca7704c
run = CommandListN2General
;allow_duplicate_hash = overrule   <----- 

To @murabito11, I'm trying to edit the shininess on the Nyotengu catsuit but changing Catsuit.t4 doesn't seem to reduce the shininess, only change how it appears.  Do you have any tips for altering shininess or where the amount determined?

In another vein that I don't mind at all that I noticed Max boobs also clips very slightly near the clavicle for the catsuit.  I don't mind at all, but in case it ever becomes convenient to bump that mesh I figured I'd let you know, definitely not worth going out of your way to fix.

Also thank you very much!  The body replacer and it's paired mods are excellent

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aa663774070d55c9ed9b85909c45098e.png

Edited by arggme
5 hours ago, arggme said:

If you go into Murabito's ini for that striker's mod you can add a ; before a drawindexed line until you only have the swimsuit left already, if you'd like.  Just toy around and figure out which one you want to be getting rid of to leave only the bikini.  You can also easily change colors all over it with paint.net and modifying Strikers_t0.dss

hash = 772657b75ca7704c

To @murabito11, I'm trying to edit the shininess on the Nyotengu catsuit but changing Catsuit.t4 doesn't seem to reduce the shininess, only change how it appears.  Do you have any tips for altering shininess or where the amount determined?

In another vein that I don't mind at all that I noticed Max boobs also clips very slightly near the clavicle for the catsuit.  I don't mind at all, but in case it ever becomes convenient to bump that mesh I figured I'd let you know, definitely not worth going out of your way to fix.

Also thank you very much!  The body replacer and it's paired mods are excellent

Reveal hidden contents

If you want to change the gloss, edit the Catsuit_t1.dds.

The values R, G, and B represent the color of the gloss, and the alpha channel represents the intensity of the gloss.
You may want to adjust the value of this alpha channel between 1 and 128.
The closer the number is to 1 and 128, the more the gloss disappears.
If you want to minimize gloss to the maximum extent possible, it is more effective to choose 128 rather than 1.
Depending on the value, the intensity of the gloss and the way it shines will vary, so try to find a value that you like.

And the problem of clipping is going to be addressed together when uploading the swimsuit mod.

7 minutes ago, murabito11 said:

If you want to change the gloss, edit the Catsuit_t1.dds.

The values R, G, and B represent the color of the gloss, and the alpha channel represents the intensity of the gloss.
You may want to adjust the value of this alpha channel between 1 and 128.
The closer the number is to 1 and 128, the more the gloss disappears.
If you want to minimize gloss to the maximum extent possible, it is more effective to choose 128 rather than 1.
Depending on the value, the intensity of the gloss and the way it shines will vary, so try to find a value that you like.

And the problem of clipping is going to be addressed together when uploading the swimsuit mod.

Thank you very much!  That relationship wasn't obvious to me, I had assumed the UV map would be the glowy map.  Now that I know though, I'm very willing to test until I get the results I want.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, arggme said:

So after messing around with the textures, I found that I could delete the texture, but the model would still clip through, it would just be untextured.

However, editing the model turned out to be much easier than I originally thought.

1. Downloaded Blender.
  2. Got the 3DMigoto Blender addon/plugin from the github repo.
  3. Imported the .ib and .vb files from the mod.
  4. Dragged the topmost vertices of the panties outward on the z axis.
  5. Exported the new .ib and .vb files.
  6. Swapped the original with the new ones.
  7. Reloaded all mods with F10 and confirmed if it was fixed.
  8. Repeated steps 4-7 until I got it right.

Eventually I ended up using Sacrish's "Thief's Waistguard Alternative Styles" mod instead of Ubergrainy's since I preferred the appearance of the panty not being connected to the belt.  Big thanks to Alpaca21 for providing steps and resources on how to make other mods compatible with their Thicker Thighs mod.

The texture editing I did earlier came in handy as well, since all that messing around taught me how to save dds files correctly with Paint.net.  That allowed me to edit the texture of Sacrish's mod to have the cloth be a darker color to match Ubergrainy's mod.

Final result:

image.png.7589ee0f139fac0a6aef2931432df51d.png

Edited by IonOfTime
Typo
21 hours ago, murabito11 said:

The swimsuit mod that I was going to upload was to replace the Fuma series with a mod.
However, I found out that the next mod I was going to make after the swimsuit could not be made without using the Fuma Ninja Robe.

So I'm working on fixing that, but I'm having a hard time adjusting it because there is not much equipment in nioh2 that can be replaced by mods.

It's cool to hear that it's still being worked on~ Sorry if I kinda sound impatient, it's just that the whole thread was so silent that I thought it's never coming out~ ^^"
If it's not much of a trouble, could you provide a screenshot of the things you're working on? It kinda builds the excitement! XD

19 hours ago, arggme said:

hash = 772657b75ca7704c

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the tip! Though I may be wrong about this, but I think the swimwear and underwear murabito mentioned earlier refers to a whole new mod that doesn't touch the nyotengu striker mod which is what I'm actually excited about (Again, I may be wrong about this)~

Unrelated to all the cool outfit modding talk ongoing does anybody know how to disable/remove/filter out the bloom? The photo mode has a bloom filter which works fine but I often use very white characters that glow like the sun in actual gameplay the second they hit light because of the bloom and I can't find a way to remove it ?

Edit: Managed to remove bloom, found some mod called helix mod for nioh 2, it had a bloom toggle but the mod was incompatible with the mod enabler but I took some of the lines of code relating out of the d3dx.ini  and shoved them in the mod managers file and while there is no toggle its definately disabled the bloom huzzah!  Probably the 3rd one down is what did it? I have no idea what I'm doing with random txt file contents!

;Bloom. 0=disabled. 1=enabled.
y1=1

;Bloom toggle.
[Key7]
Key = no_modifiers 5
type = toggle
y1 = 0

[ShaderOverrideNioh2Bloom]
Hash = e2b2cc1e50106cdd
if y1==0
Handling = skip
endif

Edited by Blood_Hawk
1 hour ago, ZReincarnation said:

It's cool to hear that it's still being worked on~ Sorry if I kinda sound impatient, it's just that the whole thread was so silent that I thought it's never coming out~ ^^"
If it's not much of a trouble, could you provide a screenshot of the things you're working on? It kinda builds the excitement! XD

Thanks for the tip! Though I may be wrong about this, but I think the swimwear and underwear murabito mentioned earlier refers to a whole new mod that doesn't touch the nyotengu striker mod which is what I'm actually excited about (Again, I may be wrong about this)~

You're correct that a different swimsuit was mentioned.  I was just trying to say that removing parts of the strikers outfit and leaving behind a bikini you can easily color on your own is like 4 ; and a paint job away.

Nice job IonOfTime!

Definitely excited for honestly anything that comes out!

I would like to warn everyone to beware with Origin from EA, if possible, avoid it at all cost.
I was modding my Nioh 2 as usual and all while trying to uninstall Origin and Knockout City, but the uninstaller deleted everything in my /D: drive. Just a heads up because I lost all the progress and every mods I made released and the unreleased, I don't want it happen to anyone other than me.

On the side note, this might be my premature end on trying to mod this game or play games altogether :(

it destroy all my project for work for the past 10 years and I might not be able to financially recover from this in case I lost my job because of it, I bid everyone here a good luck, it was amazing experience, nice people and helpful people, it was fun and thanks for the opportunity everyone.

3 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

I would like to warn everyone to beware with Origin from EA, if possible, avoid it at all cost.
I was modding my Nioh 2 as usual and all while trying to uninstall Origin and Knockout City, but the uninstaller deleted everything in my /D: drive. Just a heads up because I lost all the progress and every mods I made released and the unreleased, I don't want it happen to anyone other than me.

On the side note, this might be my premature end on trying to mod this game or play games altogether :(

it destroy all my project for work for the past 10 years and I might not be able to financially recover from this in case I lost my job because of it, I bid everyone here a good luck, it was amazing experience, nice people and helpful people, it was fun and thanks for the opportunity everyone.

If you haven't overwritten the hard drive space it can likely be recovered

Deletion is typically just deallocation!

:O

@alpaca21 Don't leave!

Your hard drives use paging systems and lookup ids to find everything.  When something gets "deleted" it is not deleted but instead deallocated and marked "open for reallocation"

DO NOT TOUCH THAT HARD DRIVE

If you don't know how to do it yourself theres a bajillion vendors probably local to you that will know how to recover that data.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a61bd6e3d79fdae2978bf0358232847e.png

Edited by arggme
15 hours ago, arggme said:

Nice job IonOfTime!

Definitely excited for honestly anything that comes out!

Hmm, I could contact Sacrish to see about releasing my modifications, but I was mainly just making it for personal use.

7 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

If it's not as easy as what arggme outlined, definitely look into services that can recover lost data.  It's worth the cost if it'll save your job.

15 hours ago, arggme said:

If anyone knows a faster way to contact alpaca, please do so!

10 hours ago, IonOfTime said:

If it's not as easy as what arggme outlined, definitely look into services that can recover lost data.  It's worth the cost if it'll save your job.

Thank you for the support, I'm aware of those things, I do tried to recover my files with Recuva wondering if I can salvage anything that's why I didn't give a conclusive statement if I will actually quit or not and I manage to contact people from C&E Center, fortunately I managed to recover at least the project from 2019 and up, the recovery effort just finished an hour ago, unfortunately the rest are kinda broken, not sure what went wrong. So in the end I still have a long way just trying to cling with my job so this is it.

I'm officially quit unfortunately, I need to recover what's left so this one is a definite good bye. ANYWAY, I hope this community will keep growing, would be awesome if I can have something I can look forward to install in 3 or 4 years ahead when I can finally lax again! But seriously thanks everyone! It was a blast.