Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

Thanks to you guys for making the thigh/booty mods, they look great. Is there anyway I can make a modded piece of armor fit over the new thicker booty? (the bottoms from this mod specifically https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/107?tab=files). The clipping in the back is inevitable, is there a way to fix it in a config file or something? I know nothing about actually editing the meshes, which is what I'm assuming you would have to do. 

My question is, is there a way to try batteryjar's meshes with alpaca's thicc thighs mod, in a way it would still work with the Mai cosplay mod? I tried to replace the meshes and the ini file, but all I got were invisible legs and a bunch of errors.

Edit: Nevermind, got it to work. It has clipping issues in the back though.

@Jimmyshammy - You should be able to, I slapped his test mod into my game, and the thief armor mod I'm using works with it.  Obviously, it doesn't fit properly due to the leg mesh being modified.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2467d34dfc6e57217f35fb4c90c2b612.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fad917de4407a372a5b13fa0f88c4ca2.png

That's why I need to setup my environment so I can finally start doing some mesh editing.  A fully modded body would also be nice at some point, even though the vanilla isn't to bad.  I'm not sure on the vert limits of the game, but it should be alot more forgiving since its not to old :D 

I just have to emphasize how much I hate the waist part of every armor in the game.  There's like a couple armor sets that don't have the large belt/cylinder crap in the center.  That's pretty much an example of how they streamlined creating armors for the game lol.  Also sucks for when you use a bottom with no waist, because then you got an invisible gap between the torso and legs :(   

46 minutes ago, Silvist said:

@Jimmyshammy - You should be able to, I slapped his test mod into my game, and the thief armor mod I'm using works with it.  Obviously, it doesn't fit properly due to the leg mesh being modified.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.2467d34dfc6e57217f35fb4c90c2b612.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.fad917de4407a372a5b13fa0f88c4ca2.png

That's why I need to setup my environment so I can finally start doing some mesh editing.  A fully modded body would also be nice at some point, even though the vanilla isn't to bad.  I'm not sure on the vert limits of the game, but it should be alot more forgiving since its not to old :D 

I just have to emphasize how much I hate the waist part of every armor in the game.  There's like a couple armor sets that don't have the large belt/cylinder crap in the center.  That's pretty much an example of how they streamlined creating armors for the game lol.  Also sucks for when you use a bottom with no waist, because then you got an invisible gap between the torso and legs :(   

That's what mine looks like too, what do you think it would take to get it to fit the modified leg mesh? 

@Jimmyshammy - It should be a simple edit where you just have to move some verts/poly around so that it fits the modified size.  The thing is I haven't done any mesh editing for the game, so I don't know what shenanigan's I have to do for exporting/importing.  I know Alpaca21 had to deal with that for weight painting, so the verts wouldn't explode.

I think as long as there's no odd skeleton issues, you should in theory be able to have the original mesh and the modified mesh in the same scene.  Then just copy the weight paint over to the new one.  I'm pretty sure as always you probably want to use mesh smoothing, and probably a vert welding of 0.01.

You're really making me want to reset up my environment right away lol.  Sadly I'm still working, and only can give so much focus to other stuff at the same time :( 

@alpaca21 - Also your file names like WaistTheFuckShitLikeThisHappen haha really cracks me up.  I'm assuming you have as much hate for the stupid waist belt as I have.  

42 minutes ago, MemoryH said:

Random idea, but is moving a mask to the side of one's head possible? 

Yeah, but it still need to replace a headband type of headgear, because the mask removed the hair bangs, I tried on tengu- kinda weird, but yes it is plausible
Sample:

Spoiler

755106015_Screenshot(224).png.35fac6efe988e4d0ddffa56cea564f23.png

3 hours ago, Silvist said:

I normally work only on diffuse, mainly because I suck at doing normal/bump/alpha textures.  Thanks for the info though, I'll make sure to jot that for future referencing

Yah, just in case if you happen to make an entirely new mesh replacer, you gonna need to replace all the texture type or else the bump map will use vanilla bump map etc, that gonna ruin things up, I hope it will come in handy in future.

32 minutes ago, Silvist said:

Also your file names like WaistTheFuckShitLikeThisHappen haha really cracks me up.  I'm assuming you have as much hate for the stupid waist belt as I have.  

I just baffled like... why..... there's 3 meshes for literally a same thing... TeamNinja really make modders want to buy a lube every time they release a game because we all know they will always F us up in the ass with this thing. So yeah, that make us both.

@alpaca21 - LOL, but seriously this is the kind of behind the scene stuff you find as a modder.  Most companies take streamline approaches when they create massive amount of resources.  I seen it with Skyrim, Dragon Age, and even WoW.  When you are expected to make like 100s of variations of the same armors, without just doing a texture mod.

Thanks for the tips!  I will not forget :P 

@shad0r - Oh good point, I didn't even think about using a pre-existing mesh.  That's probably the easiest/best approach.

Also trying to setup myself atm, what version are you guys using of blender?  Also where did you find the import/export script for blender...not seeing it in this thread lol.

Gulp...looks like I gotta use Quickbms from Xentax...lol. 

Edit:

Okay, nvm found the link on the first page of 3dmigoto.py...now to figure out how to get vb & ib file types lol.

Okay finally figured out that you basically have to use the mod tool to dump files, sadly wish I could just do a massive dump of the game files.  I get that it helps knowing what you are working with though.

It kind of reminds me of umod in how you select different things.  Guess I'll have to reverse engineer a working mod to figure out exactly how to extract. 

From digging into the mod files, it looks like it typically has normally the following:

ini
textures
fmt

ib

vb

Still haven't figured out how to actually dump the vb/ib files, nor have I figured out which is the actual texture file type.  I'm guessing you have to make your own custom ini in a folder and get the command to dump these hashes.

Its probably related to this command in the ini CommandListN2Dump, but I'm not sure how to execute this. 

I've tried using f8 for frame analysis and the output in the folder just looks like a screen shot instead of a dump of the hashes I commented in the ini :P 

Selecting, and seeing the hash isn't the issue, its figuring out the rest lol.

8 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

It's up now

Also nah, I tried to do it but it created seams on the thigh, not sure why even though everything is tightly connected, so I have to smoothen it out which mean the thigh will be bigger- quite ridiculous size like Chun-Li.
I actually recommend BatteryJar mesh more than mine if your aim mostly on booty.

I had the same issue with removing some of the leg parts in batteryjar's booty/thigh mod, seams appeared. Hopefully the final version will have "booty only" mod. 

2 hours ago, Pl4smatic said:

Well, how complicated would these modifications be? I used the alternate oufit b from the author parker4992 and made some changes to the ferryman's armor, the idea would be that it is also compatible with the wrap removal.

looks awesome, thats photoshop? the reason theres no ferryman wrap removal (yet) is because the wrap texture is combined into the armors texture. the tiddy texture would need to be combined with it and there would be another 14 textures for skin options to manage just for ferryman

10 hours ago, Pl4smatic said:

Well, how complicated would these modifications be? I used the alternate oufit b from the author parker4992 and made some changes to the ferryman's armor, the idea would be that it is also compatible with the wrap removal.

You almost give me heart attack

7 hours ago, batteryjar said:

looks awesome, thats photoshop? the reason theres no ferryman wrap removal (yet) is because the wrap texture is combined into the armors texture. the tiddy texture would need to be combined with it and there would be another 14 textures for skin options to manage just for ferryman

I tried to remove replace the chest binding mesh but it exploded

BatteryJar, if you so happen able to replace the chest binding mesh on ferry man with tiddies, please, feel free to share it to me and I will fix the texture, I only manage to get the texture fixed, but not the mesh.

On the side note, do anyone have any tutorial on reassigning vertex group? simple article or even better a video walkthrough would be much appreciated! *I tried to find one on BlenderGuru channel but I have no idea what the hell am I looking at*

8 hours ago, batteryjar said:

Yup, is just a photoshop, a simple idea of what the ferryman would look like combined with the wrap removal

1 hour ago, alpaca21 said:

You almost give me heart attack

Im sorry alpaca lol, I started to take some elements of the game, especially the ferryman that most caught my attention and to know if I could improvise it as a pair of bras and mold it so that it looks as good as possible next to the wrap removal, the short's this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/138, i try to contact with the author if its possible to improvise but nothing :S

2 hours ago, symon2223 said:

Just want to ask if this cosplay is possible. Looking at the costume this can be pulled of using onymo pants(flap only) and master swordsman robe + coat. But the master swordsman coat only appears when top and bottom are equipped. 

FB_IMG_1616632985824.jpg

Sena-4.jpg

Several ideas come up in my mind, but All Routes Lead To Doom.

was thinking about merging the coat mesh with the top robe, that would end with Exploding Shooting Star.

transfer the leg and onmyo mesh to samurai robe, pretty much impossible, not to mention the clothes flap is in 4D and there's nothing underneath the baggy trouser.

Cry in the corner and depressed because I still can't find a way to edit the meshes, this one actually work but it doesn't bear any fruit.

15 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

I tried to remove replace the chest binding mesh but it exploded

BatteryJar, if you so happen able to replace the chest binding mesh on ferry man with tiddies, please, feel free to share it to me and I will fix the texture, I only manage to get the texture fixed, but not the mesh.

On the side note, do anyone have any tutorial on reassigning vertex group? simple article or even better a video walkthrough would be much appreciated! *I tried to find one on BlenderGuru channel but I have no idea what the hell am I looking at*

You will need to remake the body all the way for this for it too work if want a nude body.

9 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

Several ideas come up in my mind, but All Routes Lead To Doom.

was thinking about merging the coat mesh with the top robe, that would end with Exploding Shooting Star.

transfer the leg and onmyo mesh to samurai robe, pretty much impossible, not to mention the clothes flap is in 4D and there's nothing underneath the baggy trouser.

Cry in the corner and depressed because I still can't find a way to edit the meshes, this one actually work but it doesn't bear any fruit.

Yeah that's what I thought too, replacing only the pants of master swordsman by onmyo pants mesh. If only the coat is part of the master swordsman robe not the otherway around. 

Thank you for thr response. Just dropping cool ideas for future mods!

9 hours ago, DarkMissLady said:

You will need to remake the body all the way for this for it too work if want a nude body.

The chest binding actually merged for Ferryman armor, when you remove the chestbind, there's nothing underneath it, I don't think anyone had to redo the whole body just for that.

Mawpius didn't replace everything to make chest binding removal either.

9 hours ago, symon2223 said:

Yeah that's what I thought too, replacing only the pants of master swordsman by onmyo pants mesh. If only the coat is part of the master swordsman robe not the otherway around. 

Me too bud, I have so much stuff I want to make if that's the case

I wonder if I can just simply merged the coat with the robe along with it's vertex group with new numbers, note for later.

2 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

The chest binding actually merged for Ferryman armor, when you remove the chestbind, there's nothing underneath it, I don't think anyone had to redo the whole body just for that.

Mawpius didn't replace everything to make chest binding removal either.

Me too bud, I have so much stuff I want to make if that's the case

I wonder if I can just simply merged the coat with the robe along with it's vertex group with new numbers, note for later.

Hey bro, would it be possible to make these pants shorter as shown in the image?

a1.png

a2.png

Been playing around trying to make parts of armor invisible, but not sure what I am doing wrong.

I can take a file someone has already made and tinker with it adding more transparency, save it, press f10 in game and see part of the armor disappear just fine. However, if I try add transparency to a different piece of armor, it turns pure white in game instead of becoming invisible.