Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

On 3/2/2021 at 3:59 AM, MemoryH said:

Not sure if this counts as a mod or if it's in the correct thread, but there's a Cheat Engine for controlling the joints now.

Link to Cheat Engine (Ver 1.26)

Link to Cheat Engine (Ver 1.27)

Nioh 2 -Joints List- V6 (Game 1.26.00).txt 7.18 kB · 19 downloads

I've made a list of the joints. If you move a limb, it will affect mostly humanoid characters, so it's best used for taking pics of characters when they are alone. Some remain unaffected such as regular or large yokai. This isn't always the case, so always experiment before committing to posing and taking pictures.

Note that, if the game receives a new update, this Cheat Engine will stop working. Better make use of it while it lasts. :) Using the wrong CE version for the wrong game version will result in crashing the game. Watch out for that.

EDIT: In case you don't know what buttons to press...

-Number Scrolling. Hold "B" and use "I or K" to scroll through the numbers. Much faster than manually changing numbers.
-Joint Control. Hold "M" and use "U, I, O, J, K, L" to move the selected joint. Make sure nothing in-game is assigned to these keys.
-Moving the Character. Hold "N" and use "U, I, O, J, K, L" to relocate your character's position. Can be used to pass through objects.
-Reset Joint. Hold "M" and press "C". The alternative would be to find "Reset Rot Hotkey" in the CE and enter a value higher than "zero" under "Value". This will reset the selected joint back to its original position. Helpful if your desired pose is oddly-bent.
-Reset All Joints: In the CE, tick and untick "Control Joints" to reset all the joints. Should be used when you are finished using the Cheat Engine or want to start from scratch.

20210301205047_1.jpg.f8c2eddf7778b6e13e37c03695709e04.jpg

20210303234657_1.jpg.2a814533f911791436badfd529fe3eb2.jpg

20210304003147_1.jpg.4bc535abe3f3e5bd60067e47313cb6b4.jpg

20210304005004_1.jpg.8f5d0152228340a1efac8e6ba54e021f.jpg

20210312003101_1.jpg.4c4bc9d757c0a870198e62440c60afe3.jpg

20210317040247_1.jpg.93e8a644d409b01ab8ea65217cd474f2.jpg

Hey dude, can you make to other games for this Cheat Engine Pose ??
I'm still looking for RE2 / RE3 Pose Cheat Engine, that till now there's no one made those...
IDK if that possible with RE Engine...

16 hours ago, handsandarrows said:

Hello everyone, can somebody tell what i have to edit when part of armor does not show wet effect? Or is it a problem that can not be fixed?

nioh2_2021_03_29_14_47_39_035.jpg

I don't know the main cause for that but I have a guesses.

I haven't tried this one yet so I cannot prove it but- just a guess...
maybe, when rain comes down the hashes changed, but the mod doesn't include wet hashes.....?
so maybe, if you turn off the mods, then if it shows the armor actually can get wet, then you can try to dump the armor in that state with that hashes, you got maybe new normal maps? those ps-t3 is my guesses.
THEN maybe you can include that new texture maps and add it into mod.

Second guesses is that new lines need to be added on dxd3.ini or something, I think BatteryJar shared a post of that somewhere here.

I should try this too I guess, some of the mods I shared probably got the same issues.

Spoiler

image.png.bd6733472ff4e345f4c156fdea2cc57a.png

Spoiler

image.png.b2c2619273ab92cb71e1814338f67399.png

Okay I changed the controls and now hunting mode works good! Im trying to get the full Dragon Ninja costume and now I have no idea what to do ?

I got the hash and did the steps of the guide on the 1st page and I got that frame analysis, now how what goes next? Thx in advice!

On 3/30/2021 at 7:00 AM, alpaca21 said:

I don't know the main cause for that but I have a guesses.

I haven't tried this one yet so I cannot prove it but- just a guess...
maybe, when rain comes down the hashes changed, but the mod doesn't include wet hashes.....?
so maybe, if you turn off the mods, then if it shows the armor actually can get wet, then you can try to dump the armor in that state with that hashes, you got maybe new normal maps? those ps-t3 is my guesses.
THEN maybe you can include that new texture maps and add it into mod.

Second guesses is that new lines need to be added on dxd3.ini or something, I think BatteryJar shared a post of that somewhere here.

I should try this too I guess, some of the mods I shared probably got the same issues.

Oh i had thought error, i thought the bottom was the problem, when really it is a bonus of the top mod that shows wet effect when normally they do not!

And while i tried, and looked for solution here in old post, i have another question now, i saw those nice shinobi edits on page 34, 35, but when i used the updated files and this dds, and replace in wrap removal mod, it still show up like this:

nioh2_2021_03_30_11_23_06_672.jpg.0a5789f3093b61a69ebf35e361e0e28c.jpg

On 3/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, handsandarrows said:

Oh i had thought error, i thought the bottom was the problem, when really it is a bonus of the top mod that shows wet effect when normally they do not!

And while i tried, and looked for solution here in old post, i have another question now, i saw those nice shinobi edits on page 34, 35, but when i used the updated files and this dds, and replace in wrap removal mod, it still show up like this:

nioh2_2021_03_30_11_23_06_672.jpg.0a5789f3093b61a69ebf35e361e0e28c.jpg

I'm not sure....
I actually already compiled everything and should works just fine if you use the one from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/121
it will conflict with BatteryJar's .ini files from the updates you just downloaded but the meshes is pretty much the exact same meshes with a little edit for side boobs.

44 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

I'm not sure....
I actually already compiled everything and should works just fine if you use the one from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/121
it will conflict with BatteryJar's .ini files from the updates you just downloaded but the meshes is pretty much the exact same meshes with a little edit for side boobs.

Thank you, i downloaded the necessary files from you mod page again, and it all worked great now! It is crazy how many file you guys work with now, i would go crazy try and keep track as modder ?

15 minutes ago, Zaknea said:

Hello everyone.  I am currently getting rid of the slice in the master swordsman armor.  If anyone is interested in this let me know.  May take a while though, this mesh is horrible lol.

can you also make a white variant of the Master Swordsman Glove please ?

@JustHorus  I should be able to do that. I will need to edit the texture anyways since it lightens up where the cuts are. 

@alpaca21 do you mind if I use your mod for the swordsman robe recolor with my edits when I post this?  Will just make it easier for me to pack up. 

Might be a bit. Its a total pain in the ass. Hoping I'm done tomorrow. There are like 5 vertexes copied onto the same positions so I have to delete all of them and then rebuild the mesh then tweak the uv map. I have one side done though. 

1 hour ago, Zaknea said:

@JustHorus  I should be able to do that. I will need to edit the texture anyways since it lightens up where the cuts are. 

@alpaca21 do you mind if I use your mod for the swordsman robe recolor with my edits when I post this?  Will just make it easier for me to pack up. 

Might be a bit. Its a total pain in the ass. Hoping I'm done tomorrow. There are like 5 vertexes copied onto the same positions so I have to delete all of them and then rebuild the mesh then tweak the uv map. I have one side done though. 

Go bananas, mate~

4 hours ago, Zaknea said:

Hello everyone.  I am currently getting rid of the slice in the master swordsman armor.  If anyone is interested in this let me know.  May take a while though, this mesh is horrible lol.

What slice? Can we know what would the final output would be like? I'm interested in this since there are few master swordsman mods right now. Such a waste since the lastest chest wrap removal mod supports the robes. 

4 hours ago, symon2223 said:

What slice? Can we know what would the final output would be like? I'm interested in this since there are few master swordsman mods right now. Such a waste since the lastest chest wrap removal mod supports the robes. 

I think he's referring to the torn on the chest of the Master Swordsman robes. But yeah, it would be nice if the mesh that he is using for the non-torn version of the robes is the modified version of chest wrap removal one~

7 minutes ago, ZReincarnation said:

I think he's referring to the torn on the chest of the Master Swordsman robes. But yeah, it would be nice if the mesh that he is using for the non-torn version of the robes is the modified version of chest wrap removal one~

The Chest Wrap Removal already included sewn Master Swordsman robes, all you need to do to make them appear is transfer a couple of semicolons in the .ini files.

16 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

The Chest Wrap Removal already included sewn Master Swordsman robes, all you need to do to make them appear is transfer a couple of semicolons in the .ini files.

Yeah, I am using the sewn version of the master swordsman in Chest wrap removal mod. That's why I god confused about the slice that they're talking about.  

2 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

oh right, i didn't notice before. my bad~

On the sidenote, I guess Nioh 2 modding is on the dormant phase for now... ._. 

36 minutes ago, ZReincarnation said:

I guess Nioh 2 modding is on the dormant phase for now... ._. 

yea...
I got some mods that I need to upload, about princess gloves stuff and wrapped compatibility, but I rather doing it later or somethin'
I need some time to play the game myself, I never get past Shadow chapter in The Dream of Strong because of works and when I got a little bit of time- I have to fix some mods and updates and stuff, not to mention there's this one guy keep pestering me about making his requested mods via Private Messages. It seems like he treat me as some kind of woman who can do everything on a whim.

I can if the meshes stop exploding :"(
I have 3 years of 3D modelling course that I need to catch up just so I understand what I'm looking at :"""""""""