Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

5 hours ago, AnotherRandomguy01 said:

Been playing around trying to make parts of armor invisible, but not sure what I am doing wrong.

I can take a file someone has already made and tinker with it adding more transparency, save it, press f10 in game and see part of the armor disappear just fine. However, if I try add transparency to a different piece of armor, it turns pure white in game instead of becoming invisible.

I think That means you need to remove the 3D meshes itself, texture editing can only go so far, unfortunately.

Hello again guys, I am in full hair ripping mode right now.

So I'm trying to alter a model for a hat/mask and using it to replace a different headgear. The problem is, when I load the edited mesh into the game it loads without textures and doesn't respond well to lighting.

I thought my edits messed something up so I exported the original hat model without edits and it's still the same . When you replace some specific headgears, the mesh ends up exploding or stretching. I've double checked strides and all that but can't find a solution. Here's an example of the original hat (how it's supposed to look) and the re-exported hat without edits (the messed up one). Can anyone help me out?

nioh2 2021-03-26 00-06-33.jpg

nioh2 2021-03-26 00-05-14.jpg

14 hours ago, roughtiles said:

Hello again guys, I am in full hair ripping mode right now.

So I'm trying to alter a model for a hat/mask and using it to replace a different headgear. The problem is, when I load the edited mesh into the game it loads without textures and doesn't respond well to lighting.

I thought my edits messed something up so I exported the original hat model without edits and it's still the same . When you replace some specific headgears, the mesh ends up exploding or stretching. I've double checked strides and all that but can't find a solution. Here's an example of the original hat (how it's supposed to look) and the re-exported hat without edits (the messed up one). Can anyone help me out?

could you share the ini and blend file if you're still having probs? i was able to edit the hat just fine

2118367962_1.jpg.4befd57108c00c53f2adb9ade2bf8fd3.jpg

hattest.zip

3 hours ago, batteryjar said:

could you share the ini and blend file if you're still having probs? i was able to edit the hat just fine

hattest.zip 213.14 kB · 3 downloads

I think he is having the same problem that I am.  When I edit any mesh in blender, the texture and everything is there but it does something with the lighting of the mesh.  Below are a couple shots.  First is original mesh of NureOnna yokia.  Second is literally the same mesh just exported from blender and this is what happens.  This is with batteryjar's updated plugin for blender also.  I'm at a loss.  My ini file is correct, the mesh doesn't explode due to bone weighting.  I've been doing this for a long time and I am at a total loss lol.

before1.thumb.jpg.40fb0dd7cf231c40bc820e82d840d791.jpg

after1.thumb.jpg.02a96fb9f249686bced976cc0a19956e.jpg

as you can see, the texture is there, the normal is there and working properly.  Just for some reason it is completely washed out.  

If anyone has any insights on this let me know.  I'll follow up when I finally figure it out.

2 hours ago, Zaknea said:

I think he is having the same problem that I am.  When I edit any mesh in blender, the texture and everything is there but it does something with the lighting of the mesh.  Below are a couple shots.  First is original mesh of NureOnna yokia.  Second is literally the same mesh just exported from blender and this is what happens.  This is with batteryjar's updated plugin for blender also.  I'm at a loss.  My ini file is correct, the mesh doesn't explode due to bone weighting.  I've been doing this for a long time and I am at a total loss lol.

as you can see, the texture is there, the normal is there and working properly.  Just for some reason it is completely washed out.  

If anyone has any insights on this let me know.  I'll follow up when I finally figure it out.

can you tell me your process or send the files? i tried editing nureonna and didn't have issues

On 3/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, shad0r said:

I think you can just import the .ib and .vb in blender and resize stuff, i tried it with some mod from this topic. It worked out pretty easily, qick and dirty however.

Reveal hidden contents

1758841305_Screenshot2021-03-23221147.png.1b21645304b9af74e7373d432aed38ef.png

Reveal hidden contents

953196965_Screenshot2021-03-23221227.png.206f49c91df366499829152210c1b5ab.png

I am using those thief waistguard panties too but, i have no knowledge of blender or modding to resize things myself. Would you be able to share your files here?

18 minutes ago, plas777 said:

I am using those thief waistguard panties too but, i have no knowledge of blender or modding to resize things myself. Would you be able to share your files here?

Now that you guys are talking about the theme, I ask the same question but to make a change to this mod, opening those ib and vb files through the blender program can i do a resize? in my case i want to turn this pants into shorts, the mod's from other author but he's not interested in resize this pants :c

a2.png

a1.png

33 minutes ago, batteryjar said:

can you tell me your process or send the files? i tried editing nureonna and didn't have issues

At the moment I can't, probably sometime tonight. I think I am overwriting the incorrect hash. I'll test it out tonight.

As for my process. I went into hunting mode and found the hash I think it was 271bddd. I think that's my issue. If my memory serves that's a vertex shader, not a buffer. 

Anyways, do the frame analysis. Import to blender from the txt files. The other thing too is I get two identical meshes that load.  I've tried editing both meshes and exporting them and I get the same result. 

Won't be able to tell you what my initial looks like off the top of my head. 

12 minutes ago, Zaknea said:

At the moment I can't, probably sometime tonight. I think I am overwriting the incorrect hash. I'll test it out tonight.

As for my process. I went into hunting mode and found the hash I think it was 271bddd. I think that's my issue. If my memory serves that's a vertex shader, not a buffer. 

Anyways, do the frame analysis. Import to blender from the txt files. The other thing too is I get two identical meshes that load.  I've tried editing both meshes and exporting them and I get the same result. 

Won't be able to tell you what my initial looks like off the top of my head. 

326a30d3 is the vertex buffer and 2711bddd the index buffer, they both work for me

what blender version? is your d3dx.ini edited? when i import the .txt files to blender i don't get duplicates

Are you saying they're interchangeable?  On the ini I am replacing just the 2711bddd hash. 

I'm not at my pc for a few more hours but blender is most recent version. I think 2.92?  My d3dx.ini isn't edited.  At least I don't remember editing it. 

8 hours ago, batteryjar said:

hattest.zip 213.14 kB · 4 downloads

My bad. I should have been more clear. Editing the yamabushi headgear and using the edited version to replace itself is fine )probably just as your image shows. Using the edited mesh to replace another headgear, however, results in this. I believe I was trying to replace the thief's headband and that results in the messed up image.

3 hours ago, Zaknea said:

I've also tried importing and exporting the wrap removal mod and it does the same thing. I thought maybe there was a hash or something I was missing causing something strange but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I think I had the problem you're currently having and it's different from what I have now. I believe I solved it by switching my dds save settings for the diffuse map to "16 rgba" or something like that in photoshop.

2 hours ago, Zaknea said:

Are you saying they're interchangeable?  On the ini I am replacing just the 2711bddd hash. 

I'm not at my pc for a few more hours but blender is most recent version. I think 2.92?  My d3dx.ini isn't edited.  At least I don't remember editing it. 

you can use both but vb hash is preferable i think, since ib hash might reference multiple meshes or something

how are you dumping the files?

1 hour ago, roughtiles said:

My bad. I should have been more clear. Editing the yamabushi headgear and using the edited version to replace itself is fine )probably just as your image shows. Using the edited mesh to replace another headgear, however, results in this. I believe I was trying to replace the thief's headband and that results in the messed up image.

the blender plugin attaches specific data to the mesh object on import, so i assume that's whats missing on your custom mesh. a way to preserve that would be:

- import the thief's headband to blender

- merge your edited model into the thief's headband object

- go into edit mode and delete the thiefs headband

probably a better way but that's what has worked for me

4 minutes ago, batteryjar said:

you can use both but vb hash is preferable i think, since ib hash might reference multiple meshes or something

how are you dumping the files?

the blender plugin attaches specific data to the mesh object on import, so i assume that's whats missing on your custom mesh. a way to preserve that would be:

- import the thief's headband to blender

- merge your edited model into the thief's headband object

- go into edit mode and delete the thiefs headband

probably a better way but that's what has worked for me

Reading your post got me thinking... When I originally did the frame analysis on this I had it dumping from the IB 2711bddd.  I did another frame analysis using the vertex buffer 326a30d3 and all my problems are fixed.  Thanks for the help I just needed a jumpstart to my brain.  Lost like a day to something so simple lol -_-

12 hours ago, plas777 said:

nvm, i was able to figure it out with a couple YT vids and the lattice the uploader provided on nexus.

2 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

Have anyone find a way to fix the 4D position vb ib to be able to get loaded in Blender?
I need to mod Fuma Waistguard but the whole thing is in 4D position or something

it's less about fixing and more about figuring out how to make use of the information in those types of files

Spoiler

002.jpg.76887611d345f6534c6047f625e047d0.jpg

left is a regular mesh that can be imported, right is one of the "4D" meshes.

on the left, the words correspond with the numbers (usually) so it makes sense.

on the right, it seems a lot of the words make no sense with the numbers they're attached to.

so someone would need to figure out what all those numbers actually mean and implement that into the blender script

5 hours ago, batteryjar said:

it's less about fixing and more about figuring out how to make use of the information in those types of files

Hide contents

002.jpg.76887611d345f6534c6047f625e047d0.jpg

left is a regular mesh that can be imported, right is one of the "4D" meshes.

on the left, the words correspond with the numbers (usually) so it makes sense.

on the right, it seems a lot of the words make no sense with the numbers they're attached to.

so someone would need to figure out what all those numbers actually mean and implement that into the blender script

Holy crap that's confusing af
so people still figuring that out huh, did DOA Venus community manage to make sense their "4D" meshes? If yes then eventually Nioh will be there at some point too right?

Why lonewolf waistguard specifically always broken when there's no new vertices being added or even new meshes at all, it was a simple resizing but the mesh will explode for no reason?

Meanwhile I edited the onmyo original mesh and I resize it and everything works just fine, edited thief waistguard and it just works wonderfully, literally anything but Lonewolf seems to be broken for no reason. Can anyone help me find out what the heck is going on?
I even deleted all the vertex groups and it still exploded like that.

Screenshot (223).png

@Shoneleven

Hey, do you mind at least put spoiler tag for nudity in this thread? I just thought since this thread is SFW related, it's alright to share the image but at least put it on spoiler tag.

I know I sound like Karen but there's already Nioh 2 Nude Thread if you don't like spoiler tagging your image. I just want to feel safe on SFW related thread, sorry.
(I almost got bonked by mate for misunderstanding)