LL painfully slow?

1 hour ago, km4387 said:

I dunno, it's sometimes slow, but this xmas holiday it was on another level. the Cloudfare (or whatever it's called) that popped up suggested to me (as to others) that it may have been a ddos attack - which given the content here, I find believable (content that I like, but still believable). I'm all for donating to assist - I asked about it earlier.  However I've never used Patreon for anything, and I don't feel informed about what's going on enough to take the plunge. I'm of two minds really.  No matter what, I'm sure a few bucks from many new donators - not just me - would go a long way toward helping the site.  But do I want to donate when the Admins are obviously around, but not informing us of the issue?

I've downloaded and lurked the forums for awhile now, $3/mo is like nothing to me, but if 100 of us do it - in addition to those that already do, it could mean everything to the stability and longevity of this site - which is here for US.

I took the plunge and became a Patreon. I hope others will do the same.  Seriously - I spend more than $3/week at the vending machines at work - It's nothing - by itself.  But if others do the same it can make a world of difference.  Support the site that's giving you access to the Adult mods you want and make your game experience be how you want it to be.

5 hours ago, Psalam said:

It's currently a little after 9:00 AM GMT. I have had no real issue with the site this morning. I expect that has to do with the fact that there are only about 4200 other users on site right now.

LL is now largely unusable for me, but I think it's because of *how* I use it.  I'm accustomed to going straight to the Downloads section and reviewing any new mods for the games I'm interested in by viewing the main category entries for those mods.  That no longer works - I have to click through each sub-category of each game.  Combined with the general slowness of the site, that's an incredibly painful process.

Hopefully that's a temporary issue; it seems like to find something new now you'd sort of have to already know where it is.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, km4387 said:

See folks, it's just that easy.  You too can become a Mega Poster.  All you need to do is post nonapplicable nonsense twice in a row in every thread - take away any relevant talking points, discussion, generally make a nuisance of yourself, and contribute to the problem with images that no one wants to see or gives a shit about.

OOO Newbie looking for lots attention nice to know!

On 12/30/2020 at 10:14 AM, Eadoo said:

LL is now largely unusable for me, but I think it's because of *how* I use it.  I'm accustomed to going straight to the Downloads section and reviewing any new mods for the games I'm interested in by viewing the main category entries for those mods.  That no longer works - I have to click through each sub-category of each game.  Combined with the general slowness of the site, that's an incredibly painful process.

Hopefully that's a temporary issue; it seems like to find something new now you'd sort of have to already know where it is.

That's the big problem for me. I could find all the mod updates I wanted in one place and now.... lots and lots of work.

1 hour ago, rb888 said:

So far been doing well with speed wise thanks! I also boost to new M2 drive that might help it?

okay my rude post was removed apparently. No, your M2 ssd doesn't help the LL site.  That's your hardware, LL is hosted elsewhere on someone elses hardware.

• 10 months later...