Flawn's Vanilla Argonians Redux - December 21 2020

View File

-Flawn's Vanilla Argonians Redux-

Like the vanilla ones, but better!

This Mod overhauls the vanilla Argonian textures, it makes them much cleaner, sharper, and blends the seams. This mod replaces the head, eye, and foot meshes, improving the head's shape and making the eyes glow. It also fixes a few issues that don't think any other vanilla type retexture does, but I don't know for sure.

This mod comes in 4k, 2k and Uncompressed versions. It currently supports UNP, CBBE, and SOS.

This mod includes the fix from Female Argonian Tail Patch For HDT vagina Texturesso you should disable that if you have it.

Options:

body

• Standard - Light scale details.
  • Really Smooth - A smooth "human looking" front half. (for females and males)
  • No-Nipple - no more reptile tits. (for females)
  • Full Scales - Heavier scales on the chest (for males)

feet

• Human-Like - Uses the regular human foot mesh.
  • Clawed - Uses a new clawed, reptile type foot mesh.

Installation:

1. Open the link under the download button
  2. Download your desired version (4k, 2k, etc)
  3. Throw it into you favorite mod manager (I do not recommend manual Installation)
  4. Make sure this mod's ESP is enabled and placed below any other ESP that edits Argonian records.

To Do List:

• Vanilla Bodies Patch
  • SAM Patch
  • SOS Schlong Patches
  • Muscle Options
  • NPC Replacers and Patches
  • A Chameleon Option (similar to the feminine/masculine texture)

Recommended Mods-

Natural Eyes by nevenbridge81 - better argonian eye textures, makes them look less bug-eyed

Argonians Enhanced by BlackWolf24 - Better teeth and mouth textures, no more gray tongues.

Better Claws and Gauntlets by Derok - because long fingernails are not good enough

Permissions-

-you may not reupload this mod onto any other website.

-you may use my textures as a base for your own mod, so long as you give credit.

Credits-

Navetsea - CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible - textures used

HHaleyy - Fair Skin Complexion - textures used

RomeoZero - [Schlongs of Skyrim] Fair Skin for Men overhaul textures - textures used

ScrollTrol1c - FAMOUS - Fitness And Muscle Options Utility Suite for UNP and 7B - textures used

fadingsignal  - SkySight Skins - Ultra HD 4K and 2K - textures used

Phygit - Femfeet - model used

Bad Dog -  Yiffy Age of Skyrim - feet models

- Kartoffels - Skyrim Special Edition Upscaled Textures (SSEUT) - Upscaled vanilla textures used as base

BlackWolf24 - Argonians Enhanced - Hair\Horn textures used

Bethesda - Home Alone on NES -yes

View File

36 minutes ago, LordFlawn said:

Well, this took a hell of a long time to come out. I decided to release this now rather than wait to finish CBBE patch. (which is on the way)

let me know about any suggestions for patches you think this mod may need.

The good thing this time around is that most , if not all, additonal mods such as the Argonian Fins and Argonian Horn Improvements are inherently compatible this time around, since they're also based on the Vanilla textures.

Although not strictly related to the textures, if you plan on doing some more modeling work, your feet mesh would greatly benefit from having a higher vertice/polygon count. This would make it easier for people to create conversions in Bodyslide for both, UNP and CBBE presets, as mesh seams do occur from time to time.

But this is only a minor suggestion, though. I actually managed to create a bandaid fix for CBBE by baking some ankle bracelets into the feet mesh, essentially hiding the seam underneath.

11 minutes ago, LegendOfJan said:

Although not strictly related to the textures, if you plan on doing some more modeling work, your feet mesh would greatly benefit from having a higher vertice/polygon count. This would make it easier for people to create conversions in Bodyslide for both, UNP and CBBE presets, as mesh seams do occur from time to time.

The feet mesh isn't mine, it came from This Mod by Bad Dog, some of the texture assets came from there too. I know little to nothing about Bodyslide Conversion and even less about 3D modeling.

4 minutes ago, Raydric said:

Could it be a patch from Bad Dog's digitigrade feet plugin?

I would love to use it together with YA.

Please and thank you Flawn

This mod already uses the feet mesh from that mod, so it should work. Remember to load this mod after YA.

1 hour ago, LordFlawn said:

I know exactly how I'd do that, but I don't know if I should. People might accuse me of stealing an idea.

1 hour ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

That's true, but Masculine/fenimine Argonains IS quite old, and it doesn't have support for BD's hoodies and if I remember right, only one schlong

Depends on what you mean by 'chameleon'. The one in the mod isn't a chameleon as such - it doesn't change its colour to match the surroundings. If we are just talking multi-hued then I don't see a problem. You could call it 'rainbow' or some such. 

7 hours ago, LordFlawn said:

I know exactly how I'd do that, but I don't know if I should. People might accuse me of stealing an idea.

I briefly checked with MONSTERaiders's permission tab and it seems like he's fine with using his assets so long as they are properly credited.

Making them a racemenu overlay would probably be the better call, though. But in the end it's your call. I'm just happy we got these new textures!

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The one in the mod isn't a chameleon as such - it doesn't change its colour to match the surroundings.

I have an idea on how to make the colors change dynamically. do you know what mipmaps are? Its the game's way of making far off textures render at lower resolution. A 4k texture is not just a 4k texture, the file also has a 2k, 1k, 512, 256, and so on saved in the file as well. I'm thinking if I make the colors of each different, they'd change as you get further away. Not really a chameleon, but more visually interesting than static colors.

This is just a thought, I don't know if that would work or even look good.

1 hour ago, LordFlawn said:

But then you wouldn't be able to get the colors on the tail. You can only apply overlays to the body, hands, feet, and head.

True, you're right.

My train of thought was that since the Feminine Textures already are close to Vanilla, simply slapping the colorful scales on top of your Redux Textures would surely look "questionable" in the ownership department for people who are unaquainted. More so, if you're going to eventually publish your new work on Nexus as well.

Regardless, it's your call to make. I'm just here for the "main" version anyway. The dynamic version on the other hand sounds super unique too though!

13 minutes ago, LegendOfJan said:

My traint of thought was that since the Feminine Textures already are close to Vanilla, simply slapping the colorful scales on top of your Redux Textures

I was thinking of using bits from the _MSN normal maps as the color (I think that MONSTERaider did the same thing) because they're very colorful

They look something like this:

Spoiler

1170574979_FemaleMSNWIP3.thumb.png.eb130afcfbe592c7382fbbfaf0044146.png

OK, I slapped together a little test for a chameleon version, using the color from the _MSN maps.

Spoiler

Capture1.gif.b8cf6ab6e33821f46874dc4791aee403.gif

I think that works, but I need to refine my process a bit. Maybe brighten the colors some.

6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Yes, I learned the hard way  - lag from hell. ☹️ ?

You could go for 'iridescent'. ?

I like the word "Iridescent", that could be what I call the option.