Flawn's Vanilla Argonians Redux - December 21 2020

Eventually got around to installing the mod and then buggered up my ENB. Saw a couple of argonians in Windhelm but it was pitch dark so I couldn't say how they looked.

Sorted out my ENB and have now seen a couple of male argonians who looked great. No doubt the females will look as good when I finally spot one.

Good work. ?

3 hours ago, Dark Shasion said:

Would be at all possible to get that Outfit Studio file?

Here's a zip containing what I've done. Male head, female head, and eyes. I've basically just brought the eyes closer together and reshaped the face into more of a muzzle shape. I haven't reshaped any of the scars so they won't look right. The eyes also have some weird behavior where they'll occasionally point in opposite directions, I haven't been able to fix it but it honestly isn't noticeable outside of character creation.

argonianhead.7z

1 hour ago, Wiley_Os said:

Here's a zip containing what I've done. Male head, female head, and eyes. I've basically just brought the eyes closer together and reshaped the face into more of a muzzle shape. I haven't reshaped any of the scars so they won't look right. The eyes also have some weird behavior where they'll occasionally point in opposite directions, I haven't been able to fix it but it honestly isn't noticeable outside of character creation.

argonianhead.7z 44.08 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much!

On 12/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, LordFlawn said:

Someone test this for me, please. It's the HDT tail addon thing. It should work for Argonians and Khajiits.

I got these tail meshes from Bad Dog's Yiffy Age mod.

Make sure you have the Nude Suits option enabled in SexLab's MCM menu, or else this won't do anything.

FVAR SexLab HDT Tails.7z 182.85 kB · 7 downloads

Hello! Tried installing this on LE and enabled the nude suits option to try with a current argonian male character. The moment a Sexlab animation starts, the normal tail dissapears, but the HDT tail doesn't seem to load... Does it need a new save to work?

46 minutes ago, zankurous said:

Hello! Tried installing this on LE and enabled the nude suits option to try with a current argonian male character. The moment a Sexlab animation starts, the normal tail dissapears, but the HDT tail doesn't seem to load... Does it need a new save to work?

I just had a look at the file and it turns out I got the folder location for the tail meshes wrong. 

Here's a fixed version. I have tested it and can confirm it's working.

FVAR SexLab HDT Tails.7z

On 12/27/2020 at 7:39 AM, LordFlawn said:

I made this mod for LE because that's the version of the game that I use. I tried to make it compatible with SE, and as far as I can tell it is.

Ah! thank you. My mistake, i got confused and must've messed something up. forgot to get the main download. Have a good day/New Year!

On 12/29/2020 at 1:26 AM, LordFlawn said:

I just had a look at the file and it turns out I got the folder location for the tail meshes wrong. 

Here's a fixed version. I have tested it and can confirm it's working.

FVAR SexLab HDT Tails.7z 179.96 kB · 2 downloads

I'll be sure to try it. Thanks! :)

EDIT: Finally had the chance to try this and it works! Thanks a lot! I'll be keeping an eye out for any updates to the wonderful mod! :D

The female head had some wonky weighting (applies to your other retexture too, by the way) that made using the head mesh as reference for headgear converting super pain or outright impossible. Here's a fixed one if you want it.

femaleheadargonian.nif

It should be noted that it doesn't affect the game or looks at all, this is only useful as a resource if you need the head as reference something (namely headgear and tight neckpieces in my case), normal users don't need it at all.

2 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

The female head had some wonky weighting (applies to your other retexture too, by the way) that made using the head mesh as reference for headgear converting super pain or outright impossible. Here's a fixed one if you want it.

Before, I just repositioned the head the head until it sort of lined up with the body. This will be much better, thank you.

2 hours ago, whowasphone said:

For me all it did was changing the tail size back to vanilla during animation, does it also work for SE?

Skyrim LE uses HDT PE, Skyrim SE uses HDT SMP. I think the addon will only work for HDT PE, but feel free to test it and tell me what happens.

5 hours ago, whowasphone said:

does it also work for SE?

No, because the tail that replaces the default one has HDT-PE config attached to it and HDT-PE is not a thing on SE and very likely never will be. You'd need to replace the tail with one that has HDT-SMP config attached for SE.

EmbershardMine1.png.d7c0b55672fee309cb89de409465ada3.png

Spoiler

EmbershardMine2a.png.3a88d0e5a9376cf55f3490d1ad26b0fb.png

Not sure about males, but it seems like females have the tails positioned lower than they should be - though this is probably more a consequence of using a modded body mesh, than this mod alone. Any chance that this mod (as well as potentially in the Smooth version too)could include a fix for this? I don't know if any other mod fixes the problem.

• 2 weeks later...