[IDEA] [QUESTION] and maybe a [REQUEST] feasibility of digitigrade feet as equitable shoes

@Bad Dog @MadMansGun @Blaze69 @KestrelSky @poblivion @Kuroyami

(Tagging you guys since you seem to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to furry shit on this hellsite)

So you know how plantigrade and digitigrade feet mods tend to not play nice with certain foot ware and clothing (namely heels and stocking)?  Why has no one tried to take the feet meshes and textures from those mods and make plantigrade "boot" and digitigrade "heels?" This way you would still have human shaped feet for when you want to ware heels (or have to, for those of us that use Devious Devices), but when you want to go "barefoot," you just put on the boots.

There's some challenges to this approach, but there's also some advantages, I'll list all the ones I can think of

challenges/downsides:

1) There's a lot of different fur and scale textures from a lot of different mods, so making shoes to match all of them is a lot of work

2) Getting the shoes to match the "skin tone" setting in the race menu will be a challenge.  There's plenty of wig mods that match wig color to race menu hair color, so I'm pretty sure it's possible

3) patching existing digitigrade boot/greave mods, since most of them probably use the feet slot.

Yes, you could make the beast feet shoes use a different slot, but if you use HDT heels to get the digitigrade shoes to work properly, (and I feel like that's the easiest approach, since the skeletons are already set up for you) they'll have to use the foot slot.  Plus, for those of us that use Devious Devices, having the beast foot shoes use the foot slot would be nice, since we wouldn't have to go into our inventory to unequip them when we get locked in ballet heels

advantages:

1) doesn't mess with heels (already went over that)

2) have the armor bonus of boots while still being barefoot (though digitigrade boots and greaves still do that)

3) probably makes it easier to make digitigrade boots in the first place, since you would just be importing an extra NIF file to an already existing model. 

Would also make it feasible to make stocking and similar lingerie.  Honestly, I'm surprised that no ones made stirrup heeled stocking (like this:  https://e621.net/posts/2519623 first picture I found. sorry if girly boys aren't your thing) specifically to fit digitigrade feet. maybe I just haven't found them

What's everyone's thoughts?