[mod] Carnalitas Arousal Framework

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, YarskiPl666 said:

Hey there! im big fan of your work!

Sadly i have to inform u that ur mod breaks some base rules/mechanics of the game.

Every random generated Courtier is from culture "akan"(first in alphhabet)

It comes to the situation where the pope is from akan.

Maybe they self-identify as "akan", did you think of that? Why force them to have the culture YOU want them to be? ?

Ok, seriously: I'm sceptical my mod could have anything to do with this since I'm going nowhere near any culture related files. Are you sure about this? I've just simulated a few decades and checked my courtiers, but so far nothing.

Yeah, i not sure if only ur mod is the main source of problem, but im sure there has to be some incompatibility with other mods(i wanted to write this down on my last post, but i kinda forgot that)

This bug of mine didn't only spawned 'akan' people but even 'russians' having some African religion and being Shaman. It lead after 30 years to this situation that europe had dark-skin kings and africa otherwise(no rasicm here, that was funny as hell!), but obviously it was a bug, and i had to do something.

I will test ur mod with my all other mods one by one later, cuz i lost one whole day on testing. I will maybe try to find the source of problem, so that nobody has to go thru this madnes as i did.(keyword:maybe,later)

P.S. I turned off ur mod mid-game, and it seems all right, but what do u think? will it backfire on my save and do some more casualties in game(in my sanity xD)

• 2 weeks later...

I am using your mod. After intercourse you receive an interface message. I would like to add some test , specifically: the amount of arousal reduction. It  already shows the opinion and stress changes. I have been trying to add this in all kind of different ways but no luck. Is this because opinion and stress are vanilla game concepts and the effects automatically handeld and it is not possible to add non vanilla effects or am I missing something?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question about the coding. In your mod you use capitalized arguments such as $OPINION$ or ATTRACTION. Are these limited to existing concepts in the vanilla game or can you create them from scratch? I tried making a PLEASURE argument to include in your sex_event

Spoiler

else_if = {
        limit = { test_sex_evaluation_physically_pleasurable = { PLEASURE = pleasure_major  } }
        custom_tooltip = { test_sex_evaluation_tooltip_physically_very_pleasurable }
    }

but can't get it to work.

If it is possible to add new concepts, how do you go about that?

On 9/27/2021 at 2:29 PM, joemann said:

If it is possible to add new concepts, how do you go about that?

Actually, it's super simple, because they are simply named parameters. You could call them anything else, the only requirements is that you pass that paremeter to the function, like this:

caf_sex_evaluation_negative_opinion = { OPINION = high_negative_opinion }

And that the function uses the parameter (with dollar signs!), like this:

scripted_trigger caf_sex_evaluation_negative_opinion = {
   [snip]
   value <= $OPINION$
   [snip]
}

Edited by Siudhne
  • 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, Darkmind_mc said:

This mod seems to block access to the Royal Court, if you're playing with the DLC.  (The court still exists, but the UI to access it at will is missing.)

Thanks for the heads-up, that'll be the GUI modifications for the arousal bar thats breaking things. Not sure how soon I'll find time to update my mods, but it's the first thing I'll take a look at.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, Siudhne said:

Thanks for the heads-up, that'll be the GUI modifications for the arousal bar thats breaking things. Not sure how soon I'll find time to update my mods, but it's the first thing I'll take a look at.

Button to access the inventory also goes missing.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know which mod causes problem, but "make love" in Carnalitas mod doesn't make arousal loss between male-male relationships. They are both bisexual and even if they are in marriage or lover relationship, the arousal level keeps same. Is it supposed to work this way? or did I list mods in a wrong way? Before Royal Court patch, I rememeber making love btw males made arousal level down....(Sorry I reply to topic here because I don't know which mod causes the problem..? and my english is poor I hope you understand..)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 11:11 AM, Elgate said:

Amazing mod ?

Just wanted to point out that the mod description still advise to take Carnal Consequences, but the mod is not updated and you added the event from CC to CAF making it redundant ?

Glad you like it and thanks for pointing out the erronous description. ?

• 4 weeks later...

@Siudhne would it be possible to add some new body part trait fetishes based on CBO?

for example a big/small breast/dick fetish that massively increases attraction towards a target.

or a weight fetish for those that like bbws

Actually even better, i have been looking through your code and I think it would be a lot better if instead of 1 check on how good the sex was, it would be more accurate if you ran 2 parallel events (one for primary, one for target)

this is to reflect that an extremely satisfying sexual encouter for the primary could well be an extremely bad encouter for the target. where any opinion modifier would be from the primary towards the target if it was checking for the primary's satisfaction vice versa, target opinion toward's the primary if it checked for the target's satisfaction

Edited by luffyboy

It's certainly possible to create new fetishes, but it might be best done in Carnalitas itself for compatibility reasons.

I very much like the idea of using those traits and fetishes for arousal - it makes perfect sense. However, I don't play with big/small breast/dick traits myself, so I am unlikely to implement such a feature in the future.

With regards to using two events: Yes, that would be more realistic. However, the effect of good/bad sex is mostly a higher/lower arousal reduction. Since I'm tracking arousal as a player-only resource the difference for your sex partner(s) would be negligible. Opinion modifiers for non-consensual sex are already part of Carnalitas.

Edited by Siudhne
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, qyu1991 said:

At first impression, managing arousal is a little difficult for me.
Playing as the norse family, I had 1~4 wives, but that was useless because they had share cool time all together(5 years).
this puzzles me.

Multiple sex partners reduce your arousal gain per time, if you can keep them happy.

Shared cooldown of "make love" interaction is by design, but it's from Carnalitas, not from my Arousal Framework. Think of it this way: You can only spend so much time with your partner(s).

If you find arousal too hard to manage I'd advise to lower the difficulty for arousal in the game rules.