[mod] Carnalitas Arousal Framework

So I'm running in to an error where the "Make Love" option doesn't seem to trigger an event, it just closes out the window you can make said decision with and reduces stress but not arousal. It was working before and I can't figure out what has changed to cause this to happen.

This is my mod load order.

image.png.2b62c0444fb46a82e63c5f23d88d5ba3.png

EDIT: It's the mod "Intimate Encounters".

Edited by KingOfCairo
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tilmugeknu said:

Hi I'm just here to say that this mod seems to be interfering with Iberian Struggle mechanic. While I have this mod active I can't acces the IS window because the button is simply not there.

Added struggle entries.

Replace under "Carnalitas Arousal Framework\gui"

hud.gui

Edited by LordDGP
11 hours ago, KingOfCairo said:

How long is the cooldown for the Arousal Threshold events supposed to be/how does it work? I seem to be able to break a threshold many times (3-4) over the course of a few years before an event triggers again.

It's the same as for stress events. I think 5 years?

4 hours ago, Siudhne said:

It's the same as for stress events. I think 5 years?

Okay so there is a decent cooldown, thanks for clarifying! I was unsure if I had a conflict preventing events from triggering on occasion.

Would there be a way to reduce the cooldown relatively easily, or would that require going into a bunch of different files and changing a bunch of things?

EDIT: One additional question, is each level a separate cooldown, or is it combined? I can't remember how it works for Stress. By that I mean if I hit Threshold 1 2-years ago, would no event trigger when I hit Threshold 2 as I still have a 3-year cooldown, or would I hit Threshold 2 and start a separate 5-year cooldown? 

Edited by KingOfCairo
2 hours ago, KingOfCairo said:

Would there be a way to reduce the cooldown relatively easily, or would that require going into a bunch of different files and changing a bunch of things?

EDIT: One additional question, is each level a separate cooldown, or is it combined? I can't remember how it works for Stress. By that I mean if I hit Threshold 1 2-years ago, would no event trigger when I hit Threshold 2 as I still have a 3-year cooldown, or would I hit Threshold 2 and start a separate 5-year cooldown? 

You'd need to alter both caf_arousal_threshold_cooldown_duration and caf_arousal_treshold_second_check_timing in common/script_values/caf_arousal_threshold_values . No other changes required.

As with stress, higher thresholds supercede lower thresholds. In your example, you would immediately receive a level 2 event upon reaching threshold 2. Then, after 5 years, you are elegible for level 2-or-less events again, unless you triggered a level 3 event in the meantime.

On 6/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, LordDGP said:

Added struggle entries.

Replace under "Carnalitas Arousal Framework\gui"

hud.gui 113.28 kB · 8 downloads

Thanks, will upload a patch one day soon. ?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I created a compatible patch between Toggle Big Character Portrait Patch for Carnalitas and CBO and this mode.

You can paste this file into the path 'Toggle Big Character Portrait Patch for Carnalitas and CBO\gui'.

and Place 'Toggle Big Character Portrait' mode below 'Arousal Framework' mode

Both the UI of 'Arousal Framework' and the toggle button of 'Toggle Big Character Portrait' will then work.

I don't know English . So if you ask me something idk that.

2.JPG

3.JPG

hud.gui

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, SilverplaysNYT said:

Are there any plans to add some lgiht UI compatabilty with Pod (Princes of Darkness), since this currently overwrites it's blood gauge and such things

Maybe PoD should write a fix for breaking CAF? :D

1 hour ago, GallowsUK said:

Maybe PoD should write a fix for breaking CAF? :D

I mean that would be Ideal, but I don't think we'll see that happening on their end. lol

And honestly if a patch is made on this end, it could as well male it so vampires get a decrease in arousal (like chaste) gain while werewolves (and maybe demons) get increased arousal.

Edited by SilverplaysNYT
addition of oppinion
  • 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure there used to be a Carnalitas submod, either this one or intimate encounters (I'm not sure), that gave you the ability to host orgies.

I'm not talking about the masked orgy activity, but rather hosting regular orgies where your vassals would show up without masks.

Does anyone know what happened to this old Carnalitas activity- was it removed?

If a submod for this still exists, please tell me the name of it- I really miss it in my games.

Edited by whateverdudeidk
  • 3 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 12:39 AM, whateverdudeidk said:

I'm pretty sure there used to be a Carnalitas submod, either this one or intimate encounters (I'm not sure), that gave you the ability to host orgies.

I'm not talking about the masked orgy activity, but rather hosting regular orgies where your vassals would show up without masks.

Does anyone know what happened to this old Carnalitas activity- was it removed?

If a submod for this still exists, please tell me the name of it- I really miss it in my games.

I think the regular orgies option is in another mod, like AdroitReligion or something like that. But don't take me for my word. I removed some of the outdated mods I used and that option is not in v1.9 anymore, updated Carnalitas mods are present but Adroit and some smaller ones are not. So I presume it's in one of those.

one of the mod author's recent forum replies on another ck3 mod says they're taking a break from ck3 so no update; kind of sad but understandable

that said i'm sure people would be real happy if someone updates this mod, i know i would

On 5/27/2023 at 11:31 AM, loldope said:

This mod seems to conflict with the updated GUI for 1.9; both Royal Court and Activities icons are missing in my current playthrough.

Is the mod author planning to update this sometime?

Sadly, no.

On 5/27/2023 at 12:15 PM, Itsuji said:

haven't been back for awhile, seems like the list of compatible mods seem fewer & fewer. are mod makers abandoning their loverslab mods?

Sadly, yes.

16 hours ago, Runaurufu said:

Just fixed it to work with vanilla GUI (buttons for dynasty/religion/culture)

Carnalitas Arousal Framework 0.9.1.zip 213.9 kB · 17 downloads

Sa... thanks, will upload it to the main page. ?

Also there's a new update with a couple of changes I made last year. I wanted to test them and flesh them out more, especially the new events, but since I don't know when I might return to CK3 modding I figured you'd rather have them in their current state.