[mod] Carnalitas Arousal Framework

Carnalitas Arousal Framework

Carnalitas Arousal Framework

Version 1.1 (CK 1.12)

Description

Adds Arousal as a player-centric game mechanic similar to stress. Just as stress, arousal goes from 0 to 400 and has 4 levels. The current arousal state is shown in a widget next to the stress bar.

This mod offers a basic gameplay loop around finding the right sexual partner(s) and consequently sexing the shit out of them. The most important features in a partner are physical attraction (at the start of a relationship), a matching personality (at later stages of a relationship), and being on good terms with your partner (always). But if you can't find this qualities in your spouse, you can always take a lover that is better suited to satisfy your desires...

Oh, and why bother? Because high arousal can give you debuffs (see below), or fire events analogous to stress events when reaching a new arousal level.

Default settings should be good to go, but everything can be tweaked or turned off if required. Using the "Make Love" action from Carnalitas is highly recommended. Without it, you probably won't have enough possibilities to have sex and consequently your arousal will run rampant.

Note: Carnalitas has a game rule called "Arousal causes Stress". This has nothing to do with Arousal as a game resource as introduced by this mod.

• Git Repository
  • Discord (the server is for Intimate Encounters mainly, see sub-channel for Carnalitas Arousal Framework)

Features

Arousal Difficulty

• The game rule "Arousal Difficulty" lets you fine-tune arousal gain and loss from all sources, to make managing arousal more or less challenging. If you have a lot of sex mods installed you might want to offset that by ramping up the difficulty. Conversely, if you do not play with the "Make Love" interaction you should reduce difficulty. It all depends on your mod loadout, experiment.

Arousal Gain

• Player gains arousal over time based on partner opinion, sexuality, traits, stress, health and illnesses, life circumstances, and age.
Spoiler

Note: Obviously, this is simplified and inaccurate.

Asexual: No arousal gain.

Stress: -20% per level

Offscreen-sex. Only for partners that are adult, of your preferred gender, healthy and available:

All sexual partners: Each partner grants up to -32% depending on opinion. Unhappy partners grant no reduction. The more partners you have, the more difficult is it to satisfy everyone (happiness threshold increases). Maximum -50% reduction in total.

Secret partners: Additional -10% per secret partner (lover)

No partners at all: -50% if Carnalitas "make love" is enabled, because not being able to "make love" is already quite punishing.

Note: According to wikipedia, peak for females should realistically be at ~32 and for males at ~16, with woman having slightly lower libido overall.

Lustful: +30%

Rakish: +20%

Deviant: +10%

Temperate: -10%

Chaste: -20%

Eunuch: -80%

Celibate: -90%

Note: I didn't do a lot of research on these, they are mostly mirrored by the fertility modifiers these traits grant.
Ill: -20%

Blind: -20%

Cancer: -20%

Great Pox: -20%

Typhus: -20%

Infertile: -25%

Sickly: -25%

Severely Injured: -25%

Smallpox: -25%

Infirm: -30%

Impotent: -50%

Depressed: -50%

Pneumonic: -50%

Bubonic Plague: -50%

Brutally Mauled: -75%

Leper: -95%

Incapable: No arousal gain.

Very healthy: Up to +15%

Poor health: -40%

Dying: -80%

Commanding Army: -10%

Imprisoned: -50%

Recently Raped: -50%

• The "simple" setting disregards all these modifiers and just adds a constant value. I don't use or test this setting anymore since it completely bypasses the whole "take more lovers to combat arousal" gameplay, but you do you.

Sex Effects

• Whenever a sex event is fired by any mod that uses Carnalitas ("Make Love", for example) the quality of sex is determined by a multitude of factors, such as attraction, personality, what they think of you, how aroused you are, matching kinks and some randomness. Most of these apply differently for consensual and non-consensual scenes.
  • The largest of these effects will be displayed to offer some transparity. Here's the full list:
Spoiler

The numbers are the difference in "sex quality categories" the property makes, so "+1" is "1 quality level better on average". Not all modifiers apply to nonconsensual or anonymous scenes.

Basic modifiers:

Randomness: +-1

Partner opinion: +-1
Your current arousal: -0.7 to +1.3

Partner attraction: From +-1.5 at start of relationship, to +-0.3 after many years (up to 50 years without any kind of "active" sex action, about 25 years with yearly action)

Partner personality: From +-0.3 at start of relationship, to +-1.5 after many years

Partner finds us attractive: -0.3 to +0.3 (but -1.5 if not attracted to our gender)

Circumstancial modifiers:

Wrong gender: -2
Lovers: +0.3

Both sexually liberal: +0.3

Victim of nonconsensual scene: -3.5 except with being raped fetish

Victim of dubcon scene: -0.7 except with being raped fetish

Raped in the past: -0.7 except with being raped fetish

Rare modifiers:

Forcing partner, but is compassionate: -0.5

Forcing partner, and is sadist or has sadism fetish: +0.5

For most fetishes: +0.3 if you and your partner have them (or in case of sadism/masochism, dominance/submission, raping/being raped if they have the matching trait)

Anal, painful, bestiality, watersports, scat, gore, bondage, domination, submission, or rape scenes with corresponding fetish: +0.3 each (requires correct role for domination/submission)

Toy scene with both being sexually liberal: +0.3

Anal, dominance, submission scene without matching fetish: -0.3

Painful dom scene without sadism fetish: -0.3

Painful sub scene without masochism fetish: -1.3

Bondage scene without bondage fetish: -0.7

Bondage noncon scene without bondage fetish: -1.3

Bestiality, watersports, scat scene without matching fetish: -1.3

Gore scene without matching fetish: -2

• Choose your spouse carefully: At the beginning of a relationship, attraction is most important. Later on, it's more about a matching personality.
  • Keep your partner happy: A partner that hates you is a surefire way to kill joy in the bedroom.
  • The result of each sex act is one of seven effects: Mind-blowing, amazing, satisfactory, ordinary, unsatisfactory, lousy or atrocious intercourse. Good sex reduces your arousal a lot, increases the opinion of your partner, and reduces stress. Bad sex still reduces arousal, but a lot less, reduces opinion, and adds stress. Average, ordinary sex only reduces arousal.
  • Overall, arousal reduction via sex effects is roughly balanced with sophisticated passive arousal gain setting and yearly "Make Love" action, but it all depends on your mod loadout.

Arousal Coping Events

• Similar to stress, trigger an event upon reaching a new arousal level. They are pretty generic and have no follow-up events, but at least there are a decent amount of randomized options to pick from each time.
  • If you want to create arousal coping events yourself, see the modding section below (and share with the others!)

Arousal Effects

This game rule adds passive debuffs depending on your current arousal level. "Hardcore mode" applies harsher debuffs and weaker buffs.

• Level 0: No modifiers
  • Level 1: -10% stress loss (hardcore: -25% stress loss)
  • Level 2: -30% stress loss, -10% hostile scheme resistance, +10% fertility (hardcore: -50% stress loss, -15% hostile scheme resistance, +5% fertility)
  • Level 3: -50% stress loss, -20% hostile scheme resistance, +20% fertility (hardcore: -75% stress loss, -30% hostile scheme resistance, +10% fertility)

Other

• Some randomly triggered arousal events

Load Order

1. Carnalitas
  2. Carnalitas Arousal Framework

Supported Mods (any load order)

Compatibility

• This mod overwrites hud.gui to display the arousal bar and conflicts with any mods that do the same. I have tried to make creating compatibility patches as easy as possible. All relevant changes in the hud.gui are marked with CAF START and CAF END. I won't create any myself because supporting stuff you don't use yourself is a headache, but if you send me your patch I will add it to the download section.
    • Does work with "Better UI" and "Show More Traits", both of which are already included in Carnalitas.
    • There is a compatibility patch for "Toggle Big Character Portrait Patch for Carnalitas and CBO 0.3", courtesy of qk7sk7sk7c7l7q, which you can find in the download section. No warranty given.
      • If it doesn't work, you can alternatively put the big character portrait mod above CAF in your load order - you won't see the extended characters, but at least you'll have the arousal bar and extended portraits.
  • Overwrites the brothel event (rakish_brothel_night_effect) to add a carnalitas sex event and the diplomacy_majesty_4090_no_raiment_modifier.

Credits

• Coding help for the hud by ErnieCollins
  • Arousal icons by Triskelia

For Modders

Spoiler

Arousal:

The most common way for modders is to call carn_add_arousal from within a character scope.

caf_add_arousal = { VALUE = -55 }

You can use your own arousal coping events like this:

#Arousal Threshold Event Tombolas
caf_arousal_threshold_level_1_event = {
	random_events = {
		# You can add events here! Weight * weight_multiplier should be 100 for a standard event that can always trigger, add more if the event is very specific or has many variations, less if it's supposed to be rare.
		100 = your_threshold_trigger_event.0001 # Generic catch-all event
	}
}

Compared to stress coping events (mental breaks) you do not need to write any mandatory cleaning code at the start or end of your event.

You can also hook into arousal level changes:

caf_on_arousal_level_1 = {
    events = {
        your_event.0001
    }
}

Checking arousal level or arousal directly:

caf_arousal_level = 2
caf_arousal > 150

Utilities:

would_like_to_have_sex_with_root_trigger answers the question "would the target agree to have sex with me?". It includes raw sex drive, how much they like you, but also what they would have to lose/gain. There are almost no hard limits in the calculation, but many things give a penalty if they are dangerous or morally questionable to act upon in your culture (incest, sodomy, cheating etc.).

Edited by Siudhne

Looking forward to this extended to AI.

I've been exploring the idea of AI stress/arousal triggered decisions/schemes.   Wanted to see how the arousal mechanic would play out 1st.

Dialing back the native stress_coping events and making them secondary could lead to some interesting mechanics.

beyond simple trait based triggers: 

has_dread_level_towards vs ai_vengefulness for determing victim choice subsequent dubcon/noncon events ... keep quite/report crime/use as hook etc.

Anyway looking forward to more, thanks for your efforts.

7 hours ago, jamal13 said:

I've noticed arousal goes over the 300 arousal cap putting you in a situation where you can never get rid of it lol.

Same as Stress, Arousal is actually capped at 400, not 300. The difference is that Stress 400 triggers a level-3-Stress event immediately and then resets you to 300, which is not yet implemented for Arousal (mostly because there are no Arousal coping events yet).

But once you go over 300 you can absolutely reduce it to below 300. However, you need a mod such as Carnal Consequences to reduce your arousal. The Arousal System never decreases arousal on it's own.

I like the idea, but it seems like there aren't really any way to interact with the system. With carnal consequences(I'm actually wondering why that mod isn't integrated in this mod) you have the lay with lover interaction, but that is just an event you have to trigger over and over again, without even much flavour at the moment. If you actually increase the arousal difficulty, then you'll just never really catch up to the arrousal and cap out eventually, which isn't even an issue, since there aren't really any bad consequences for having high arrousal.

There definetly is a need for something the player can do to lower arrousal, and also there should be consequences past aining a little more stress. (I realise this isn't much of a critique, since this mod is still in development)

All that said, I'm looking forward to arrousal coping events.

10 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Same as Stress, Arousal is actually capped at 400, not 300. The difference is that Stress 400 triggers a level-3-Stress event immediately and then resets you to 300, which is not yet implemented for Arousal (mostly because there are no Arousal coping events yet).

But once you go over 300 you can absolutely reduce it to below 300. However, you need a mod such as Carnal Consequences to reduce your arousal. The Arousal System never decreases arousal on it's own.

Yeah I have that too. If I just use lay with lover from the carnalitis mod then I can't reduce it faster than I gain it. I have to keep spamming seduction plots plus the lay with lover. Only then can I reduce the arousal. The only problem with that is it keeps me from doing other personal plots lol.

13 hours ago, IluminatisHR said:

I like the idea, but it seems like there aren't really any way to interact with the system. With carnal consequences(I'm actually wondering why that mod isn't integrated in this mod) you have the lay with lover interaction, but that is just an event you have to trigger over and over again, without even much flavour at the moment. If you actually increase the arousal difficulty, then you'll just never really catch up to the arrousal and cap out eventually, which isn't even an issue, since there aren't really any bad consequences for having high arrousal.

There definetly is a need for something the player can do to lower arrousal, and also there should be consequences past aining a little more stress. (I realise this isn't much of a critique, since this mod is still in development)

All that said, I'm looking forward to arrousal coping events.

Yeah, to be useable for players you need Carnal Consequences right now, maybe I should've made this more clear in the description. Everything in this Arousal System is supposed to be a framework and integrated into Carnalitas, but technical difficulties prevent that right now. Thus I've opted to release it as a stand-alone. Carnal Consequences on the other hand is intended to stay stand-alone.

And you are right, there is definitely a need for content, such as arousal coping events. That's why it's important to get a framework out soon, so other mod authors can start working on content. ?

With regards to everyone being at max arousal eventually... well, once we have arousal coping events they could throw you back from 400 to 300 the way stress does. However, it would still be unsatisfying to be between 300-400 arousal all the time, so that can only be part of the solution. For the next version of CC I've already added some %-arousal reduction for good/great sex, maybe that helps in keeping you between 100-300 arousal instead of constantly maxed out at 0 or 400.

12 hours ago, jamal13 said:

Yeah I have that too. If I just use lay with lover from the carnalitis mod then I can't reduce it faster than I gain it. I have to keep spamming seduction plots plus the lay with lover. Only then can I reduce the arousal. The only problem with that is it keeps me from doing other personal plots lol.

I think you are on to something, at least for default difficulty it's very harsh to appease arousal right now. Number tweaking is certainly a work in progress. ? But of course you can simply reduce the arousal difficulty if it's too hard with your mod loadout. Personally, I'm using an (unreleased) mod that let's you host orgies, that makes things a bit easier. Maybe I can nudge my dear collaborators to release that mod in a timely fashion, I think it goes really well with the arousal system.

7 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Yeah, to be useable for players you need Carnal Consequences right now, maybe I should've made this more clear in the description. Everything in this Arousal System is supposed to be a framework and integrated into Carnalitas, but technical difficulties prevent that right now. Thus I've opted to release it as a stand-alone. Carnal Consequences on the other hand is intended to stay stand-alone.

And you are right, there is definitely a need for content, such as arousal coping events. That's why it's important to get a framework out soon, so other mod authors can start working on content. ?

With regards to everyone being at max arousal eventually... well, once we have arousal coping events they could throw you back from 400 to 300 the way stress does. However, it would still be unsatisfying to be between 300-400 arousal all the time, so that can only be part of the solution. For the next version of CC I've already added some %-arousal reduction for good/great sex, maybe that helps in keeping you between 100-300 arousal instead of constantly maxed out at 0 or 400.

I think you are on to something, at least for default difficulty it's very harsh to appease arousal right now. Number tweaking is certainly a work in progress. ? But of course you can simply reduce the arousal difficulty if it's too hard with your mod loadout. Personally, I'm using an (unreleased) mod that let's you host orgies, that makes things a bit easier. Maybe I can nudge my dear collaborators to release that mod in a timely fashion, I think it goes really well with the arousal system.

It would be nice if all the lewd things you can do to your religion and so on would matter for it. It's kind of strange that someone with four spouses has the same issues with lust, as some monogamous christian. On that note, it would kind of be neat if the lowest level of lust would give a bonus, while being somewhat hard to rettain depending on your religion(Which might be done by having the first coping event not remove any arrousal), that way rulers of religions that reject sexuality have issues keeping arrousal within bounds, while rulers of religions that accept sexuality have advantages, at the cost of having to deal with all those children.  Or perhaps have a deciscion that helps out with lust, you know, an orgy decision, perhaps working similar to feasts, and only available to religions that have an open stance to sexuality.

In any case, the framework does seem really nice. Having arrousal displayed next to stress is awsome. I realise that all these things are easier said than done. Cool to think about though. I appreciate modders immensly, so I wouldn't to rush anyone.

4 hours ago, IluminatisHR said:

It would be nice if all the lewd things you can do to your religion and so on would matter for it. It's kind of strange that someone with four spouses has the same issues with lust, as some monogamous christian.

Indeed, considering number of spouses and lovers is something the current system is lacking. Ideally, taking a lover should not only result in a one-time sex event, but also result in less arousal over time, as sex is supposed to happen off-screen. I don't want to overvalue it though, happy monogamous marriages should still be playable - or in other words, having four spouses should have an impact, but it should not trivialize the entire system. Got to find a balance there.

13 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Indeed, considering number of spouses and lovers is something the current system is lacking. Ideally, taking a lover should not only result in a one-time sex event, but also result in less arousal over time, as sex is supposed to happen off-screen. I don't want to overvalue it though, happy monogamous marriages should still be playable - or in other words, having four spouses should have an impact, but it should not trivialize the entire system. Got to find a balance there.

It seems to me, that there is much potential here. A game like CK3 is fundamentaly a series of decisions. The game only becomes a good game if these decisions are interesting.

A ruler of a religion that values chastity should arguably have to make a decision concerning how he/she deals with arrousal. Does the ruler try to simply overcome these urges, just dealing with the repercussions(so definetly increased stress gain, perhaps even statt decreases), perhaps gaining in piety, and getting a good reputation with the church? Does the ruler instead give in, and do all that can be done openly, without provoking excomunication, at the cost of piety? Does the ruler instead try to follow their urges in secret, without losing piety outright, but at the risk of handing out hooks?

Perhaps similarly interesting decisions could be found, even for rulers that aren't under the same kind of religious restrictons. The system has the potential for greatnes.

Alright, updated Carnal Consequences (technically off-topic here, but who's going to complain):

On 12/9/2020 at 10:01 PM, IluminatisHR said:

If you actually increase the arousal difficulty, then you'll just never really catch up to the arrousal and cap out eventually, which isn't even an issue, since there aren't really any bad consequences for having high arrousal.

Sex now reduces some % of arousal (and less base) for a bit of rubber-banding to avoid players being constantly stuck at 0 or max arousal. It's probably not the catch-all solution to the problem, but let me know if makes any difference for you.

With regards to a lack of consequences, there is now a "hardcore" arousal effects gameplay option for the time being.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:22 PM, jamal13 said:

Having lovers (or multiple partners) now reduces your arousal gain passively, with sex assumed to happen off-screen. Thus you actually benefit from having lovers around, and not only when the seduction sex event triggers. Also, being loved/liked by at least one partner reduces arousal gain further (assuming that if they like you, you are going to have more frequent and/or better sex with them).

3 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Alright, updated Carnal Consequences (technically off-topic here, but who's going to complain):

Sex now reduces some % of arousal (and less base) for a bit of rubber-banding to avoid players being constantly stuck at 0 or max arousal. It's probably not the catch-all solution to the problem, but let me know if makes any difference for you.

With regards to a lack of consequences, there is now a "hardcore" arousal effects gameplay option for the time being.

Having lovers (or multiple partners) now reduces your arousal gain passively, with sex assumed to happen off-screen. Thus you actually benefit from having lovers around, and not only when the seduction sex event triggers. Also, being loved/liked by at least one partner reduces arousal gain further (assuming that if they like you, you are going to have more frequent and/or better sex with them).

neat.

Sry for commenting on the wrong mod by the way.

I am integrating your arousal bar into another mod but I want to get rid of the game rule requirement. In the hud file this appears twice. I solved it for the first part and now get the slightly larger stress bar. However, if I just delete the two lines:

Spoiler

datacontext = "[GetScriptedGui( 'carn_has_rule_manage_arousal' )]"
            visible = "[ScriptedGui.IsShown( 'none' )]"

the arousal widget doesn't work  ( I don't get an arousal indicator ).

There is no scripted_gui file I can modify in your mod.

Could you tell me how to get rid of the game_rule requirement?

Ah, I see where the confusion comes from. You have stumbled upon the reason this mod is not integrated into Carnalitas yet. The widget should only be displayed when the corresponding game rule is set. However, right now, the widget is always shown, no matter the game rule. Since that would be very annoying for people who do not want to play with arousal, I have released the arousal framwork as a stand-alone mod for the time being.

The code you have seen are the remains of my attempt to hide the widget when the arousal game rule is set to off. I didn't bother to include the carn_has_rule_manage_arousal scripted gui since it's not working anyway, which is why you cannot find it. You can just ignore those parts or change them to "visible = yes" - it makes no difference.

May I ask what you are working on?

Thank you for the answer. The strange thing is that I don't see the widget (it should be next to the stress widget on the bottom left, right?) even after having changed the visible to visible = yes.

Spoiler

widget = {
            name = "arousal_widget"
            size = { 110 55 }

#            datacontext = "[GetScriptedGui( 'carn_has_rule_manage_arousal' )]"
            visible = yes

widget = {
                parentanchor = center
                size = { 180 108 }
                tooltip = "PLAYER_AROUSAL_TOOLTIP"
                using = tooltip_ne

widget = {
                    name = "progressbar_arousal"
                    parentanchor = center
                    widgetanchor = left|vcenter
                    position = { -13 0 }
                    size = { 60 20 }

background = {
                        texture = "gfx/interface/colors/white.dds"
                        color = { 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.8 }
                    }

hbox = {
                        # level 0
                        progressbar_standard = {
                            name = "arousal_progressbar_0"
                            size = { 60 20 }
                            visible = "[LessThan_CFixedPoint(GetPlayer.MakeScope.Var('arousal').GetValue, '(CFixedPoint)100')]"
                            layoutpolicy_horizontal = expanding

min = 0
                            max = 10000
                            value = "[FixedPointToProgressbarValue(GetPlayer.MakeScope.Var('arousal').GetValue)]"

progresstexture = "gfx/interface/progressbars/progress_pink.dds"
                            noprogresstexture = "gfx/interface/progressbars/progress_purple_bg.dds"

using = Animation_ShowHide_Standard
                        }

# level 1
                        progressbar_standard = {
                            name = "arousal_progressbar_1"
                            size = { 60 20 }
                            visible = "[And( GreaterThanOrEqualTo_CFixedPoint(GetPlayer.MakeScope.Var('arousal').GetValue, '(CFixedPoint)100'), LessThanOrEqualTo_CFixedPoint(GetPlayer.MakeScope.Var('arousal').GetValue, '(CFixedPoint)200') )]"

min = 10000
                            max = 20000
                            value = "[FixedPointToProgressbarValue(GetPlayer.MakeScope.Var('arousal').GetValue)]"

}

# level 2
                        progressbar_standard = {
                            name = "arousal_progressbar_2"
                            size = { 60 20 }
                            visible = "[And( GreaterThanOrEqualTo_CFixedPoint(GetPlayer.MakeScope.Var('arousal').GetValue, '(CFixedPoint)200'), LessThanOrEqualTo_CFixedPoint(GetPlayer.MakeScope.Var('arousal').GetValue, '(CFixedPoint)300') )]"

min = 20000
                            max = 30000

}

# level 3
                        progressbar_standard = {
                            name = "arousal_progressbar_3"
                            size = { 60 20 }
                            visible = "[GreaterThanOrEqualTo_CFixedPoint(GetPlayer.MakeScope.Var('arousal').GetValue, '(CFixedPoint)300')]"

min = 30000
                            max = 40000

}
                    }
                }

I'm not really working on a releasable mod. Rather, I incorporate parts of mods I like and add to them or build on them.

I like your two mods because in my mod I have created the variables basic_sex_drive (which is generated at birth (based on parent stats and a gausian distribution based on wiki pedia) and then updated to current_ sex_drive which varies throughout the life_cycle of the character, based on traits, events , etc. I use the current_sex_drive to modulate your arousal level gain. I would like the arousal level to increase based on events such as a beautiful guest arriving at your court and decrease through decisions and events such as lay with lover or spouse. This is where your other mod would come in.

So lots of things to do.

15 hours ago, joemann said:

Thank you for the answer. The strange thing is that I don't see the widget (it should be next to the stress widget on the bottom left, right?) even after having changed the visible to visible = yes.

Correct, should be as in the screenshot. Your code should work as well. I would guess the mod is not loading on your end. Is it correctly added to the playset you use? Do you have special characters in your username? Do you overwrite the hud.gui with a second mod? If in doubt, try getting the widget to appear with the Arousal Framework installed only, then make any changes and see what breaks it.

I'm not really working on a releasable mod. Rather, I incorporate parts of mods I like and add to them or build on them.

I would advise to simply use those mods you want to build upon and overwrite the parts you don't like. Unless you have compatibility clashes, like two mods modifying the hud.gui - then I agree you need to merge those changes manually. For what you want to do, you could for example copy and overwrite cc_arousal_events.0002 (admittedly one hell of an event, I should refactor the calculation into it's own function(s)) to add your sex drive calculations.

Also, your changes sound interesting - are you sure you don't want to release them eventually? ?

6 hours ago, Do0my said:

The text brakes if you playing on any other language than english. Everything becomes TOOLTIP_MODIFIER 

Oh, that's good to know. I didn't include non-english language fragments at all, thinking that missing languages would simply default to the english translation (as other games do). Apparently, that's not the case. Thanks for the heads-up, will fix that in a couple of days.

2 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Oh, that's good to know. I didn't include non-english language fragments at all, thinking that missing languages would simply default to the english translation (as other games do). Apparently, that's not the case. Thanks for the heads-up, will fix that in a couple of days.

Sadly no, but it works without a real translation if you change _I_english of the filename to (for example) _l_german, and in code on top of the text (eg. l_english to l_german). In game you see the english texts then normally. I'm doing that and it works fine.

• 1 month later...

Hello there. Just wanted to say that this mod is a great addition to the whole Carnalitas modpack I've got running. My one problem is the UI mod issue, which I've just come to accept. I can't really play the game without UI improvements, they're just too good. Hope this bug can be worked out in the future but if not, this mod is still pretty great in my book. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Cupcakewaterfall said:

Hello there. Just wanted to say that this mod is a great addition to the whole Carnalitas modpack I've got running. My one problem is the UI mod issue, which I've just come to accept. I can't really play the game without UI improvements, they're just too good. Hope this bug can be worked out in the future but if not, this mod is still pretty great in my book. Thanks.

Sadly, the way CK3 modding works UI files need to be overwritten, and when multiple mods do so, they overwrite each other. Unless paradox changes this (and other related issues) there is not much one can do. Well, except for creating compatiblity patches, which is not complicated in itself, but adds to the maintenance costs. If it's for a single, popular UI mod I might create one if the demand is high enough - let me know if you have the same issues as Cupcakewaterfall and which mod you're using.

Update: Apparently "Better UI" and "Show More Traits" are already included in Carnalitas, and should not cause compatiblity issues with Carnalitas Arousal Framework anyhow (because they do not alter the hud.gui). There must be some other conflict present.

Dear Author Siudhne,

I am a lover of your mod in CK3, and I am currently a bilingual Ph.D. in the US.

The Simp-Chinese translation has been done myself for personal use, but I am wondering if you would like to add it into this mod. :)

If you are willing to update, feel free to use the zip file I sent you via the private message including simp-chinese localization only.

You can refer me as Dr. June if you want to mention my translation work.

Stay safe during this pandemic. ?

Thanks a lot for your work!

Dr. June

16 hours ago, lyl19941209 said:

The Simp-Chinese translation has been done myself for personal use, but I am wondering if you would like to add it into this mod. :)

If you are willing to update, feel free to use the zip file I sent you via the private message including simp-chinese localization only.

Thanks, I will add it to the next release. ?

Hey there! Could u help me and explain what might be wrong for me here with urs mod?

Is the placement of the mods right?

27(place)-Carnalistas

28-Carnalistas arousal framework

28-Carnal Consequences

and few orhers carnalitas sub mods

I see the "Arousal bar", i have few other mods installed in topic of NSFW

Impregnate spouse, undress

my character is of course op, all good traits and all lifestyle-perks xD

The problem is that i dont get Arousal at all, it is stuck on 0 for all the time.

Thanks in Advance!

1 minute ago, YarskiPl666 said:

Hey there! Could u help me and explain what might be wrong for me here with urs mod?

Sure! Load order looks good.

• Make sure you are using the most recent version of both Carnalitas Arousal Framework and Carnal Consequences (I've switched some functionality between them in the last update, if you've updated only one but not the other, things will break)
  • Check in-game if the game rule for "arousal gain" is set to "sophisticated" or "simple"
  • Your character must be adult
  • At game start or after changing characters, pass some time. It can be up to half a year until arousal gain picks up.
  • Create a new game instead of loading an old file to see if the problem persists