[mod] Regula Magistri

5 hours ago, killatopak said:

If your religion is Regula Magistri, the marriage doctrines only allows you to have spouses and not concubines. 999 spouses.

Also, you can run into this problem if your culture clashes with the religious doctrine. Any culture with innate monogamous or polygamous traditions overwrite the religion.

I'm czech, and i think my culture is not clashing with regula magistri. I can only arrange marriage of people in my court, not myself. Am I missing something?

11 minutes ago, Wapoww said:

I'm czech, and i think my culture is not clashing with regula magistri. I can only arrange marriage of people in my court, not myself. Am I missing something?

In my last playthrough, this happened to me as well. I was on a Bohemian Czech run myself. The only thing that I remember that happened was I made the Witch Coven and it bugged out on me and made my option to find a spouse completely disappear for my player character. At that point, what I did was roll back to a save before I founded the Witch Coven.

Other than that, I’m not exactly sure of the problem myself or if it was even the Witch Coven that was the problem. Rolling back to a save before finding a spouse was disabled is the only advise I can give. If it was bugged out from the start, try making a test save if you can do so normally on a different character or if it’s like that entirely.

Edited by killatopak
On 2/27/2022 at 6:05 PM, den_of_evil said:

I was actually able to get rid of all adultery, but one, which seems to come from game engine or is way too well hidden to be found.

Here is what you need and which order should you install them:

Regula Magistri - (You have to edit Regular Magistri and change adultery to be criminal for both men and women & remove adultery files)

More Game Rules - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2216850785 , set seduction player only

Temporal Cuckold Disabler - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224413430

No More Cheating - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2228403053

One adultery event that I cannot disable is actually not even adultery event. It is more like pollination event. Player's wife + some totally random guy will have child together. They won't fuck each others (Secrecy private information won't show adultery and there will be no adultery secret.) and they might never even have met each other.

Restarted a playthrough with these in mind. Another thing that passes through the previous adultery removals I had before was the Witch Coven.

Basically, as a player, you get to choose a number of options while in the event. One of those is so OP since it gives you one random lifestyle perk point to use. While you can only trigger the event once every five years or so, the AI can also trigger the event provided they are a Witch and have sufficient gold and every Witch is invited including you of course. The problem with this is that one of the other choices during the event is shagging someone random who participated in the event. Considering that you have to turn majority of your house/dynasty into Witches for you to even make the coven, this means there's a significant amount of chance you will get cucked either by some random wanderer, courtier or even your own family.

This is a really difficult choice to make. Do I game the system and have basically free lifestyle perk points per year AND get cucked or do I just ignore the witches entirely and save myself from bastard children.

On 2/27/2022 at 2:05 AM, den_of_evil said:

One adultery event that I cannot disable is actually not even adultery event. It is more like pollination event. Player's wife + some totally random guy will have child together. They won't fuck each others (Secrecy private information won't show adultery and there will be no adultery secret.) and they might never even have met each other.

Interesting. Do you recall where the event is located?

14 hours ago, killatopak said:

In my last playthrough, this happened to me as well. I was on a Bohemian Czech run myself. The only thing that I remember that happened was I made the Witch Coven and it bugged out on me and made my option to find a spouse completely disappear for my player character. At that point, what I did was roll back to a save before I founded the Witch Coven.

Other than that, I’m not exactly sure of the problem myself or if it was even the Witch Coven that was the problem. Rolling back to a save before finding a spouse was disabled is the only advise I can give. If it was bugged out from the start, try making a test save if you can do so normally on a different character or if it’s like that entirely.

It's not only czech, it's all of the cultures. I tried disabling other mods, but it does nothing. I only use carnalitas and regula magistri. I'm dumbfounded. Do i need to update carnalitas from the github?

Nope, it's not the carnalitas.

And btw, I can't find the spellbook. Is there a spellbook? How to share a spellbook?

Edited by Wapoww
9 hours ago, Wapoww said:

It's not only czech, it's all of the cultures. I tried disabling other mods, but it does nothing. I only use carnalitas and regula magistri. I'm dumbfounded. Do i need to update carnalitas from the github?

Nope, it's not the carnalitas.

And btw, I can't find the spellbook. Is there a spellbook? How to share a spellbook?

You first have to buy the book. You can buy it via major decision. You just need around a hundred gold. After your PC read it and chose to show it to others, you can then show the book to any female character. Just right click them and it should be one of the choices in the religion section of the menu. It has a cooldown so choose carefully who to show the book so you can adopt the religion faster. Preferably a female powerful vassal. It might be harder in some cultures/religion that doesn’t allow you to grant titles to females so take note.

———-

Can you consecrate your blood with Regula Magistri religion? 

Edit: Nevermind. Just confirmed it myself. Yes you can.

Edited by killatopak

Is anyone else encountering an issue where the #1 candidate under the elective succession is not actually inheriting? This has happened with multiple candidates and when I got rid of the #2, who was inheriting everything, it ended up being the new #3 (who was not previously #3) who started inheriting each time I loaded a save and tried again. I hold an empire title, multiple kingdoms, and the Pontifex Carnalis, all of which show my #1 candidate as heir. 

On 3/1/2022 at 3:51 PM, killatopak said:

You first have to buy the book. You can buy it via major decision. You just need around a hundred gold. After your PC read it and chose to show it to others, you can then show the book to any female character. Just right click them and it should be one of the choices in the religion section of the menu. It has a cooldown so choose carefully who to show the book so you can adopt the religion faster. Preferably a female powerful vassal. It might be harder in some cultures/religion that doesn’t allow you to grant titles to females so take note.

———-

Can you consecrate your blood with Regula Magistri religion? 

Edit: Nevermind. Just confirmed it myself. Yes you can.

There is no option to show book. There is no polygamy. Is it because my download is corrupted?

so 3 questions after playing around with this mod

1) does reforming the religion tenets (while keeping the modded tenets) break the mod?

2) what happens when you player dies and goes to yout heir? cause i think that broke in my game

3) how do you get the "contubernalis" trait? cause thats the last thing of the mod i havent seen?

On 2/28/2022 at 11:58 PM, killatopak said:

Restarted a playthrough with these in mind. Another thing that passes through the previous adultery removals I had before was the Witch Coven.

Basically, as a player, you get to choose a number of options while in the event. One of those is so OP since it gives you one random lifestyle perk point to use. While you can only trigger the event once every five years or so, the AI can also trigger the event provided they are a Witch and have sufficient gold and every Witch is invited including you of course. The problem with this is that one of the other choices during the event is shagging someone random who participated in the event. Considering that you have to turn majority of your house/dynasty into Witches for you to even make the coven, this means there's a significant amount of chance you will get cucked either by some random wanderer, courtier or even your own family.

This is a really difficult choice to make. Do I game the system and have basically free lifestyle perk points per year AND get cucked or do I just ignore the witches entirely and save myself from bastard children.

(Sorry, I wasn't able to answer, because I was permanently kicked out of this site for not having email address in my old account.)

If you don't have royal court(RC), you might be ok. However if you have RC, you will get cucked entually. It seems that RC adds lots of lover events, that cannot be countered.

For example,

If someone is has someone working for artifact, in some cases even there is no way to say no to new lover. This is even the case with player, there is only one option and it is to have a new lover.

If your wife has any land, she will eventually fall love with her master of horses, master of hunt, body guard and most likely many others and there is nothing you can do about it.

So basically there new events are like every now and then dice is cast and if it happens to favor lover, you wife will automatically get a lover.

One even more stupid event is peasant affair event.

Random peasant will appear in court and say that this child is yours and it most likely it will be made yours even if you have never touched that random peasant. There is also similar event with random peasant lover.

peasant_affair_peasant_at_court = {
	random_events = {
		chance_to_happen = 25
		500 = 0
		100 = peasant_affair.3001 #Peasant mother wants you to acknowledge the child as yours
		100 = peasant_affair.3002 #Peasant Father wants you to acknowledge the child as his
		100 = peasant_affair.3003 #Peasant wants to become your Lover
		100 = peasant_affair.3004 #Peasant wants to marry you
	}
}

On 3/1/2022 at 1:23 AM, MongoBongoArt said:

Interesting. Do you recall where the event is located?

It was the one I wasn't able to find.

On 2/27/2022 at 12:05 PM, den_of_evil said:

I was actually able to get rid of all adultery, but one, which seems to come from game engine or is way too well hidden to be found.

However later on I dug deeper and I think it is this one. If I have understood code correctly whoever gets that event, he or she will have a child without sex or having even birthed it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/rqrjqp/after_a_lot_of_events_about_searching_a_random/

Crusader Kings III\game\common\on_action\story_cycles

random_events = {
		chance_to_happen = 25
		500 = 0
		100 = peasant_affair.3001 #Peasant mother wants you to acknowledge the child as yours
		100 = peasant_affair.3002 #Peasant Father wants you to acknowledge the child as his
	}
}

Edited by den_of_evil2
12 hours ago, fixterman said:

so 3 questions after playing around with this mod

1) does reforming the religion tenets (while keeping the modded tenets) break the mod?

2) what happens when you player dies and goes to yout heir? cause i think that broke in my game

3) how do you get the "contubernalis" trait? cause thats the last thing of the mod i havent seen?

1) No. So long as the three unique parts of the RM (the two tenets and the marriage doctrine) are retained you can reform to your heart's content.

2) An event gives you the option of adding Magister traits to your heir after a month or so.

3) It's from a prisoner interaction, "Rend her soul".

13 hours ago, den_of_evil2 said:

(Sorry, I wasn't able to answer, because I was permanently kicked out of this site for not having email address in my old account.)

If you don't have royal court(RC), you might be ok. However if you have RC, you will get cucked entually. It seems that RC adds lots of lover events, that cannot be countered.

For example,

If someone is has someone working for artifact, in some cases even there is no way to say no to new lover. This is even the case with player, there is only one option and it is to have a new lover.

If your wife has any land, she will eventually fall love with her master of horses, master of hunt, body guard and most likely many others and there is nothing you can do about it.

So basically there new events are like every now and then dice is cast and if it happens to favor lover, you wife will automatically get a lover.

One even more stupid event is peasant affair event.

Random peasant will appear in court and say that this child is yours and it most likely it will be made yours even if you have never touched that random peasant. There is also similar event with random peasant lover.

random_events = {
		chance_to_happen = 25
		500 = 0
	}
}

So basically, don't land any of your lovers/wives which directly contradict Regula Magistri option to turn them into Paelex. Damn. Yes, I do have Royal Court. This sucks.

14 hours ago, killatopak said:

So basically, don't land any of your lovers/wives which directly contradict Regula Magistri option to turn them into Paelex. Damn. Yes, I do have Royal Court. This sucks.

(Back with old account.)

I could mod those out, but I am waiting for next patch, because way too many things are not working correctly in royal court version.

4 hours ago, idkwhattoputy said:

If I change my wives to A-sexual do they become immune to the cheating events?

No they won't. They will be immune to seduction, but cheating events are so random that they can happen for anyone.

They are actually so random, that anyone can even be their own father.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/t81h80/my_son_is_his_own_father/

Edited by den_of_evil

I'm having crash issues (again). Any clue as to what's wrong? Here's the log if it helps... there's stuff about dag_cdo events, but that mod is disabled. The game that keeps crashing is Jarl_Henry_of_Mon_867_01_01, most of the other games are out of date.

error.log

Edited by James_E_C
more info
On 3/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, den_of_evil said:

(Back with old account.)

I could mod those out, but I am waiting for next patch, because way too many things are not working correctly in royal court version.

New version is out and I think most of the things has been patched for now.

I also did quick mod to remove rest of the adultery stuff, that wasn't already in More Game Rules etc. and tested it by letting game run about 50 years with about 15 wives.

None of my wives cheated me. One of them however ran away to some distant country for some unknown reason and didn't want to come back. Only adultery I got was some unmarried sex by my sons and daughters.

plz_no_cheating.zip

14 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

New version is out and I think most of the things has been patched for now.

I also did quick mod to remove rest of the adultery stuff, that wasn't already in More Game Rules etc. and tested it by letting game run about 50 years with about 15 wives.

None of my wives cheated me. One of them however ran away to some distant country for some unknown reason and didn't want to come back. Only adultery I got was some unmarried sex by my sons and daughters.

plz_no_cheating.zip 43.12 kB · 6 downloads

Awesome! Will give this a try. Thank you.

How can I upgrade a spouse who is ruler of her own land (not part of my country) to Paelex ?

I have fascinated all woman arround my country and all have betrayed their husbands and are now ruler in their own countrys but I cant marry them or make them Paelex.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:58 AM, Devonhar said:

How can I upgrade a spouse who is ruler of her own land (not part of my country) to Paelex ?

I have fascinated all woman arround my country and all have betrayed their husbands and are now ruler in their own countrys but I cant marry them or make them Paelex.

You have to share a border with them.

You have to be of a higher rank than them.

You have to have a sufficient amount of prestige/fame for the size of their claim.

At that point you get an option to compel them to swear fealty to you.

Alternatively, you can wage a (RM) subjugation war against them. At which point they will be enthralled upon defeat if they weren't thrills in the first place. IIRC, there is no limit on the RM subjugation wars you can wage on neighboring female rulers. You just need the prestige and piety to initiate it.

Edit: of course, since you made them your spouse. Declarations of war will be a problem for obvious reasons.

Edited by Monedeath