[mod] Regula Magistri

2 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

This is how to stop adultery:

- Remove Regula_Magistri\events\relations_events\adultery_events.txt

- Remove Regula_Magistri\events\relations_events\regula_adultery_events.txt

- Download this mod https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2216850785 and when starting new game set adultery "player only".

Enjoy your virtual wives without fear of them cheating you.

Will this work mid game? 

I do have More Game Rules and the Seduce AI set to Player Only but I was surprised I was still getting cucked left and right. Turns out RM overrode some stuff from MGR.

3 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

- Download this mod https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2216850785 and when starting new game set adultery "player only".

does it also remove the random events of cheating and cuckold?

23 hours ago, bobbily said:

That has to be some sort of mod conflict or missing file issue. The religion itself isn't loading.

If that was a coding issue it wouldn't work for anyone, ever. Did you start from a new game?

Thanks again for the reply.  It wasn't, I didn't realise that a previous mod would have interrupted this process so I ran a new game with those mods alone and everything worked fine, as of course it would. Thanks for the pointer.

8 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

I didn't know More Game Rules had that option!  Cool.

I'll have to check the code, but you shouldn't need to remove any RM files.  Just put More Game Rules below RM in the load order, and it'll override what I've coded.

8 hours ago, Monedeath said:

My usual in-game solution to that is that when my ruler dies, I generally don't reclaim any Orba older than 44 unless they're already One with the Book or a potential candidate for becoming such. The negative health penalties from being Orba does a very effective job of killing them off, often within weeks or months, but some might hang around for a couple of years.

It would be potentially useful for a controlled means of creating Orba without killing the ruler, I was under the impression that divorcing the Paelex would turn them into Orba but a quick test run I just ran didn't seem to do that(but I only ran it for a month after the divorce). 

It's a quarterly pulse.  

Well, just did a cursory search, and looks like you haven't touched on "00_court_scheme_effects" in the common/scripted_effects folder, line 19 of the file potentially has one option to potentially help remove a lot of the cheating going on from within the court. Still need to do more digging as it relates to the vassals and other possible triggers/ways to shut it down.

But going through that file, I can see a large share of the pain involved. As the actor is the one that needs the logic applied to them, rather than the victim.

4 hours ago, bobbily said:

I didn't know More Game Rules had that option!  Cool.

I'll have to check the code, but you shouldn't need to remove any RM files.  Just put More Game Rules below RM in the load order, and it'll override what I've coded.

I tried that before and some RM cheating got through. My guess was that those functions that start with "regula_adultery" got through and I didn't want to go through all those edited vanilla adultery events in RM. So it was just easiest to remove both files.

13 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

In your case it should work mid game.

Not sure if this is the case with yours too or of this is intended by MGR but some cheating still did go through but it's pretty benign at least for my current rp play with RM.

Basically both my bisexual wives cheat on each other which got me a weak hook on both. Also cheating outside of my family still got through like couriers having their secret relationship found out by my spymaster.

Not sure if it's intended but I'm also fine with AIs outside my realm cheat with each other so I can get hooks on them, again via spymaster.

Will have to play more to make sure or I just forgot about it but went though 20 years without any notable cheating for my PC.

Thanks for the tip though! it was highly immersion breaking for me last playthrough that my wives that has apparently given me her body, mind and soul through this religion was fucking everybody in my realm besides me.

8 hours ago, killatopak said:

Not sure if this is the case with yours too or of this is intended by MGR but some cheating still did go through but it's pretty benign at least for my current rp play with RM.

Basically both my bisexual wives cheat on each other which got me a weak hook on both. Also cheating outside of my family still got through like couriers having their secret relationship found out by my spymaster.

Not sure if it's intended but I'm also fine with AIs outside my realm cheat with each other so I can get hooks on them, again via spymaster.

Will have to play more to make sure or I just forgot about it but went though 20 years without any notable cheating for my PC.

Thanks for the tip though! it was highly immersion breaking for me last playthrough that my wives that has apparently given me her body, mind and soul through this religion was fucking everybody in my realm besides me.

I went through all my about 20 wives and you are actually right. One of them had fucked some random guy. So there is still some adultery scripts, that are not suppressed yet, but it won't be as bad as without MGR. Most likely those new adultery scripts are from royal court update.

Even with MGR others seem to do as much adultery as in vanilla game.

Btw, you can use this mod to check do your wives cheat you.

(DO NOT SAVE GAME WHILE USING THIS MOD AND CARNALITAS, you will fuck up your game and badly. You will be sodomite etc.)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2734848401&searchtext=

Edited by den_of_evil
17 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

I went through all my about 20 wives and you are actually right. One of them had fucked some random guy. So there is still some adultery scripts, that are not suppressed yet, but it won't be as bad as without MGR. Most likely those new adultery scripts are from royal court update.

I studied this case a bit more and it was the ugliest guy around with -30 relationship with my wife and I had +100 relationship plus my wife was my friend. Neither had seduction focus or even intrigue education.

Maybe there is some pity sex events or something.

28 minutes ago, den_of_evil said:

I studied this case a bit more and it was the ugliest guy around with -30 relationship with my wife and I had +100 relationship plus my wife was my friend. Neither had seduction focus or even intrigue education.

Maybe there is some pity sex events or something.

Ok, it was most likely these cuckolding events, which make players children to be another man's children long after they have been born.

Here is a mod to disable those events.

Disables the skulduggery event that changes the parentage of characters. Annoying event, it would change the real father of your children despite your spouse never cheating on you and add a lover to her AFTER they had already been born.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224413430&searchtext=ctemporal+cuckold

3 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

Ok, it was most likely these cuckolding events, which make players children to be another man's children long after they have been born.

Here is a mod to disable those events.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224413430&searchtext=ctemporal+cuckold

Great. That’s one more down.

I don’t know if that is related to my own problem that forced me to return to a previous save though.

Basically it was an event where iirc my wife was too lustful and started masturbating on some stables or something and a random guy watched and pounced on her and she was too horny to decline. This resulted in her birthing a child from this obese ugly lowborn.

Another one was my own kid having relations with my wife. Again, not my child. It did require a an investigation though so maybe it was one of those situations described in that mod you linked.

It’s definitely a lot less than before but some things still really slip through. Interesting that the mod author referred to More Game Rules though cause shit still seeps through despite having it. I did check MGR page on steam and it seems like he/she is pretty busy bug fixing a lot of stuff since the new update which broke a few rules he has made.

Edited by killatopak

I assume this feature is from this mod but how do you unlock Hereditas Compedita and Hereditas Enatic-Cognatic from the gender laws?

All my powerful vassals approve and I have the necessary prestige but it’s still locked out.

edit: Read the op more thoroughly. It seems like only the vassals are  able to enact Hereditas Compedita and you’re locked to Hereditas Magistri?

Edited by killatopak
On 2/25/2022 at 3:31 PM, killatopak said:

Great. That’s one more down.

I don’t know if that is related to my own problem that forced me to return to a previous save though.

Basically it was an event where iirc my wife was too lustful and started masturbating on some stables or something and a random guy watched and pounced on her and she was too horny to decline. This resulted in her birthing a child from this obese ugly lowborn.

Another one was my own kid having relations with my wife. Again, not my child. It did require a an investigation though so maybe it was one of those situations described in that mod you linked.

It’s definitely a lot less than before but some things still really slip through. Interesting that the mod author referred to More Game Rules though cause shit still seeps through despite having it. I did check MGR page on steam and it seems like he/she is pretty busy bug fixing a lot of stuff since the new update which broke a few rules he has made.

I think MGR only fixes problem with seduction. However there are lot of events that can make people lovers instantly just like there is that one event for changing child's father to be some unknown guy for no other reason than "fuck you player".

Paradox just seems to like cuckolding and a lot.

21 hours ago, den_of_evil said:

I think MGR only fixes problem with seduction. However there are lot of events that can make people lovers instantly just like there is that one event for changing child's father to be some unknown guy for no other reason than "fuck you player".

Paradox just seems to like cuckolding and a lot.

I was actually able to get rid of all adultery, but one, which seems to come from game engine or is way too well hidden to be found.

Here is what you need and which order should you install them:

Regula Magistri - (You have to edit Regular Magistri and change adultery to be criminal for both men and women & remove adultery files)

More Game Rules - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2216850785 , set seduction player only

Temporal Cuckold Disabler - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224413430

No More Cheating - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2228403053

One adultery event that I cannot disable is actually not even adultery event. It is more like pollination event. Player's wife + some totally random guy will have child together. They won't fuck each others (Secrecy private information won't show adultery and there will be no adultery secret.) and they might never even have met each other.

Edited by den_of_evil

Speaking of adultery, one Regula Magistri event that doesn't make much sense for me is the 'wife caught in the stables masturbating' event. This is particularly so given that under the mod, we're meant to be landing our wives, and a landed character does not have to sneak out to the stables to masturbate -- they have their own bedroom (and probably as many bedrooms as they want) in their castle.

2 hours ago, Wapoww said:

Uhmm... why can't i have concubines? Is this happening only for me?

If your religion is Regula Magistri, the marriage doctrines only allows you to have spouses and not concubines. 999 spouses.

Also, you can run into this problem if your culture clashes with the religious doctrine. Any culture with innate monogamous or polygamous traditions overwrite the religion.

Edited by killatopak