[mod] Regula Magistri

1 hour ago, Haight said:

What would we have to do to make this work via concubines rather than wives? Bobbity you talked about the prestige penalty being the biggest obstacle?

As I recall it was the inheritance that was the issue.  Concubines can't inherit titles, even if they already hold some.  So, if you added a young vassal to the harem and her mother died the young vassal would get nothing.

The inheritance code isn't moddable, unfortunately, so there was no workaround.

2 hours ago, bobbily said:

As I recall it was the inheritance that was the issue.  Concubines can't inherit titles, even if they already hold some.  So, if you added a young vassal to the harem and her mother died the young vassal would get nothing.

The inheritance code isn't moddable, unfortunately, so there was no workaround.

Ah ok that makes sense. Bummer. 

18 hours ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

Is there any reason why the various servitude traits aren't virtues in the Regula religions? I can understand why the Magister traits aren't, but why aren't the servitude traits virtuous?

Lustful, Deviant and Fecund, because this a sex mod. Diligent because slaves should work hard. Charming for the irony.

The third wheel tenets sometimes add an extra virtue, for flavour.

5 hours ago, bobbily said:

Lustful, Deviant and Fecund, because this a sex mod. Diligent because slaves should work hard. Charming for the irony.

The third wheel tenets sometimes add an extra virtue, for flavour.

But why aren't the Servitude traits virtues. Shouldn't anyone bound to you be viewed as virtuous? It'd make sense to me that Mulsa, Paelex, Domina, and One with the Book would all be virtuous traits given that I am supposed to be a living god or something.

Edit: Also, I think we should have an option (perhaps with diligent or impatient) allowing us to spend more piety to get better outcomes on a Fascinare.

Edited by Gabe Lincoln
  • bobbily changed the title to [mod] Regula Magistri
8 hours ago, AzrielRagia said:

Heya.  still new to the CK3 modding community.  But it seems this mod removes the Tantric Sex tenet from the tenet lists from the Carnalitas Dei Mod.  is it suppose to do that or did I royally screw something up?

Because of how Paradox coded the game some components (the list of tenets, laws, etc.) can't be added to, only replaced. Both these mods replace the same file.

You can fix the conflict by merging 00_doctrines.txt from one mod into the other.

I'm noticing a lot of stress spirals for the gals in the harem... perhaps an event where they can come to you and ask for you to dominate them in the bedroom for stress relief when it gets too bad? Or they can stress relieve with other harem girls. Perhaps tie it in to an event where they can lose a rivalry with another harem girl?

11 hours ago, Haight said:

I'm noticing a lot of stress spirals for the gals in the harem... perhaps an event where they can come to you and ask for you to dominate them in the bedroom for stress relief when it gets too bad? Or they can stress relieve with other harem girls. Perhaps tie it in to an event where they can lose a rivalry with another harem girl?

I added in a stress relief effect a while ago.  When it fires you'll get a little notification called "Compedita releases stress" and all their stress gets wiped (with a chance of adding Lustful, them becoming bisexual, etc.).

@Daichi99, a bunch of the mod's backbone depend on your religion being part of the Regula Magistri group.  You can create a new Regula Magistri religion without anything going wrong (so long as you keep the two core tenets), but adding tenets from this mod to (for example) Christianity won't work.

12 hours ago, bobbily said:

I added in a stress relief effect a while ago.  When it fires you'll get a little notification called "Compedita releases stress" and all their stress gets wiped (with a chance of adding Lustful, them becoming bisexual, etc.).

@Daichi99, a bunch of the mod's backbone depend on your religion being part of the Regula Magistri group.  You can create a new Regula Magistri religion without anything going wrong (so long as you keep the two core tenets), but adding tenets from this mod to (for example) Christianity won't work.

Weird, I only get the "I'm mad at you, rargh!" event and never the one where they want sex. 

I tweaked the mod to work if you attach the doctrines to other religions, someone lmk if they want a tutorial on that. 

Hello guys.

When using this mod the Characters of  "Lord of the Kings" do partially loose their skin colour. As far as i know, LotK uses cultures to set diffencies in appearance, not sure how this mod could afflict this in any way but it seem to do so :/

Moving LotK below on my Modlist causes Meshes of Characters to corrupt...so unless theres a patch or something in the comming id have to choose always either/or.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:26 PM, Daichi99 said:

It's not allowing me to use the religions main traits when making my own religion based on it... Is this on purpose?

Did you add the Regula Magistri mod to an existing game, or was there a conflict with another mod that also modifies religions at the time the game started?

I noticed that Regula Magistri doesn't seem to revisit those things on game load, unlike some other mods might.

Just curious is there any chance of removing the levy/opinion penalty for having unlanded concubine towards the ruler and instead give it to wives or not having it at all as a rule setting? and also there this weird glitch where the mod will actually create lovers for paelex. I had one of my concubines who was asexual have a lover who was a straight male, which makes no sense since even vanilla will prevent that from happening.

Edited by Yat

I've been enjoying this mod a lot, reminds me of all the time I spent playing with (and tinkering with) Arglwydd o Forynion for CK2. (The Welsh name are more flavourful than Latin IMHO but that's neither here nor there.)  Me being me, I lowered the cost of Fascinare and the other schemes because I'm a "Very Easy Mode" kind of player.

But I agree about the stress spirals.  I was having fun with Emperor Ogier of Italia (son of Louis), with hundreds of wives and children, and first I noticed a bunch of people snapping and yelling at me...and then a while later, a dozen or more dying of stress.  And I'd only ever seen the Compedita release event like three or four times total.  Is it just deaths causing the stress buildup, or more than that?

Maybe I'll hack it for myself locally by putting a big stress decrease on the Mulsa trait or something.  But I may have to abandon that game and start a new one...

I'm also ambivalent about having all-female knights.  What else am I supposed to do with male children?  Why not send them out to protect the hive, while the women stay in the harem and be pretty.

And I'm not happy about the elective successive version...my vote should carry more weight or something, I think, because I keep getting leading candidates outside my dynasty, or underendowed.  (Maybe penis size should make other people more likely to vote for them?)

I'm also not sure why I keep losing options on prisoner visits. First I can just "lay with them", but later I have to fall in love with them, and then later I have to make them immortal??? I'd rather have access to the earlier options as well.

I'd also like more ability to do some of the things that Arglwydd o Forynion had, like being able to take actions to try to improve mulsae's physical attributes, or to "lay with" mulsae you're not married to, or to take your mulsa's titles if they're outside your realm (though the War of Domination is not bad, I suppose...)  I also had trouble at first with vassals rising up as religious rebels, until I just threw up my hands and cheat-coded myself enough money to hire All The Mercenaries.  It took a while before I could dominate well enough for that to stop being a problem...but when I started as a smaller ruler, I got annoyed at trying to expand my realm.  (Still, that may just be my play style. I want to dominate without effort, and I'm willing to cheat-code myself to do it.)

But overall it's a good mod, the kind of thing I was hoping to find for CK3, so keep up the good work!