[mod] Regula Magistri

On 1/29/2022 at 4:19 PM, bodygen said:

I'm also ambivalent about having all-female knights.  What else am I supposed to do with male children?  Why not send them out to protect the hive, while the women stay in the harem and be pretty.

The all female knights thing will not be an issue after Royal Court releases. Culture is going to determine your knight gender.

And I'm not happy about the elective successive version...my vote should carry more weight or something, I think, because I keep getting leading candidates outside my dynasty, or underendowed.  (Maybe penis size should make other people more likely to vote for them?)

Honestly, the Mulsa fall in line pretty quick. You shouldn't have too much issue getting what you want out of it.

(though the War of Domination is not bad, I suppose...)

War of Domination is pretty great.

It took a while before I could dominate well enough for that to stop being a problem...but when I started as a smaller ruler, I got annoyed at trying to expand my realm. 

There's a certain realm size you gotta be before trying to do it. Personally I use More Game Rules and give myself the +4 or 5 Domain Limit for player only which makes you significantly more powerful, but isn't to the point where you get too powerful personally before you need vassals. But if you're too big and have too many vassals of a different religion when you do it, you do just get fucked. That is definitely a thing.

Royal Court Day!  Regula Magistri is dead, long live Regula Magistri!

The mod initialization has been completely reworked. The mod now starts with a much cheaper version of the major decision, "Acquire the Regula Magistri." Buying the book gives the player the "Spellbound" secret, and allows them to show the book to female characters in their realm (giving them the Spellbound secret as well). This also unlocks a major decision to "Free the Keeper of Souls."
-Before the player can free the Keeper of Souls they must show the book to their primary wife and at least two female powerful vassals.
-Spellbound NPC rulers gain a modified female-preference succession, "Hereditas Enatic-Cognatic." Female rulers can be created by either granting characters titles in your realm or by imposing Hereditas Enatic-Cognatic succession on male vassals through the "Historical Forgery Scheme." If your religion/culture won't allow you to grant titles to unlanded women you can first target them with "Bestow Barony".
-Freeing the Keeper of Souls unlocks the core of the mod, converts all Spellbound characters and their holdings to Regula Magistri, and grants a number of bonuses to the player/NPCs.

Added a series of "bloodlines", inheritable traits awarded when a character dies after doing something noteworthy. The current list:
Charmer - 30 successful fascinare actions in a single lifetime (prisoners and wards count). Female only.
Mindshaper - 40 successful domitans tribunal actions in a single lifetime (domination wars count). Female only.
Thrallmaker - Make 5 contubernalis in a single lifetime. Male only.
Subjugator - Win 12 Domination wars in a single lifetime. Male only.
Chessmaster - Trigger 5 successful Servitude faction wars in a single lifetime. Male only.
Imperator - Bring 4 queens into the fold using the Potestas non Transfunde action. Male only.

-Plus two bloodlines that are awarded on pregnancy:
Multitasker - 3 wives/concubines pregnant at the same time. AI or PC, male or female.
    -8 if you're the magister.  You've got 40 wives, standards are higher.
Breeder - Pregnant with a 6th child. AI or PC, female only.

Multitasker and Breeder can be applied multiple times throughout a playthrough, while the others are single-shot. When the trait is earned it will be automatically applied to all offspring.
-Values for your current character can be checked with the "Manage Regula Magistri Settings" minor decision.

The list of religious given names has been updated to feature famous men and women from history. The men are largely known for their vices, while the women are a mix of those known for their beauty/sexual skills (Helen, Theodora etc.) and those known for great accomplishments (Hypatia, Enheduanna, etc.).

Bugfixes and tweaks:
Limited the number of electors to 21, to keep the voting process from slowing everything down.
Magisters of any rank can now have sex with their prisoners at will.
Characters created for the orgy invitation event now have appropriate education traits, and can be directly recruited to your court.
Your wives can no longer be invited as a "surprise" guest at the orgy.  No one cares that you carpooled, Susan.

----------------------

Royal Court has changed a lot about the base game, and this update is far larger than most.  If you run into any bugs please let me know.
43 minutes ago, deathskull2011 said:

can you use this mod without Caarnalitas? As it breaks the inventory and court system...

It's a light requirement, but you'll definitely run into issues if you don't have Carnalitas enabled.  Mostly around the orgy and various character traits.

You can restore the court systems by going into the mod/Carnalitas/gui folder and moving/deleting "window_court".  I don't know where the inventory bug is coming from.

1 hour ago, Shane843 said:

I'm going to presume adding this to an existing save is a bad plan?

Yeah, you'll need a fresh game.

Bug (I suppose) find out:

I create my own ruler and choose the Regula Magistri religon

When purchase the book and try to let my wife to read it, no trait or event trigger

A new event allow me to read the book again but this time not able to "share book" again.

Edited by 202215jaffe
8 hours ago, 202215jaffe said:

Bug (I suppose) find out:

I create my own ruler and choose the Regula Magistri religon

When purchase the book and try to let my wife to read it, no trait or event trigger

A new event allow me to read the book again but this time not able to "share book" again.

Set your ruler's religion to anything else, then take the "Acquire the Regula Magistri" major decision. The religion isn't intended to exist without the rest of the mod being initialized.

2 hours ago, Eridhion said:

I cant figure out why the mod is not showing up in game, latest update of everything. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.65fcc0ebd1c3b4ce3be4376958cd5758.png

Is your character an adult male?  If not the decision won't show up.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:03 PM, Kryzh said:

I don't get it why secret keeps only one day, can't show the book not enough time

I'm not sure what the issue you're facing is.  You should have the Spellbound secret indefinitely, unless the Keeper of Souls is released or your secret is exposed by an NPC.

3 hours ago, Eridhion said:

It is, yes.

I figured it out, my windows user had an apostrophe in it, making CK3 fuck up for some reason, after 3 hours of testing and figuring shit out, I've fixed it, so, yeah, careful with special characters everyone!
Thanks for your time though.

Love the mod, but I always have issues during succession, since my character will always have several male heirs, my domain will always get partitioned in the worst way possible, and I can't split the land in my terms as I can't give land to the other sons. 

Are there any tips to succession that doesn't involve copious amounts of murder schemes? 

Or am I expected to only hold only 1 county, while the rest goes to the mulsa/paelex?

I'm getting a crash. I just changed my religion (and took out Warmonger, because that is crap compared to Pursuit of Power or Armed Pilgrimages) and added a bunch more tenets. Also, I ran a lot of Fascinare schemes.

Just tried it from a prior save, and it still crashed as soon as I chose Europe as where my holy sites are. If you need the save game, I can post it.

5 hours ago, deathskull2011 said:

Can you make an offshoot religion within the game or does it break stuff?

It isn't something I've tested extensively, but it should be fine.  Just make sure the base religion is Regula Magistri (adding mod tenets to Christianity, etc. won't work).

2 hours ago, mynameis1234 said:

Love the mod, but I always have issues during succession, since my character will always have several male heirs, my domain will always get partitioned in the worst way possible, and I can't split the land in my terms as I can't give land to the other sons. 

Are there any tips to succession that doesn't involve copious amounts of murder schemes? 

Or am I expected to only hold only 1 county, while the rest goes to the mulsa/paelex?

You're mostly getting screwed by how the base game is designed.  Moving off of the most basic partition scheme helps a lot, and I usually find triggering revolts and taking titles to be easier than murder schemes.

Within the mod, taking the holy site that changes birth ratios will help a fair bit, and in the late game the Compeditae Elective Succession ends the problem entirely.

34 minutes ago, James_E_C said:

I'm getting a crash. I just changed my religion (and took out Warmonger, because that is crap compared to Pursuit of Power or Armed Pilgrimages) and added a bunch more tenets. Also, I ran a lot of Fascinare schemes.

Just tried it from a prior save, and it still crashed as soon as I chose Europe as where my holy sites are. If you need the save game, I can post it.

The error log file would be more helpful, but I don't know how much I'll be able to do. I'm running a European playthrough right now without any issues.