[mod] CK3 Human Phenotype Project

On 11/3/2020 at 2:40 AM, Leaf the Elf said:

Thank you ^^

The Bronze Age Mod is a total conversion mod, which means that a completely new version of this mod would have to be created just for it - which is not impossible at all, but, there is one difficulty: assigning phenotypes to cultures.

For the most part, most present-day ethnicities already existed during the Middle Ages, which allowed me to generate the assignments from some modern maps, and hope for the best. I'm pretty sure that in the last 1200 years, the distribution of phenotypes probably did change somewhat, but hey, it's better than nothing.

In contrast, the Bronze Age is a whole different beast. Some phenotypes as we know them did not even exist back then! And I'm pretty sure they also had some extra phenotypes that went extinct during the Iron Age or later.

So.... "Would it be difficult to be compatible with the Bronze Age Mod?" - depends on what do you mean by compatible :P  If you want a sloppy comp-job that brute-forces compatibility by assigning phenotypes from the closest modern-day equivalents of bronze age cultures, it'd be easy. If you want something more realistic (since realism is the main selling point of my mod), then it would require a lot of research.

Understood, the realism on this mod is amazing and bring actual diversity into the game. Without forcing diversity as my nation political landscape is undergoing at the moment. I knew the team for that mod are looking for artist that could assist with making the clothing for specifics culture of that time. Scandemic unfortunately is affecting all part of society and nation alike; hopefully they are able to deliver.

Hey, this mod is great! However, I'm having the same problem with naked Norse characters, even though I have the compatibility patches :(. When I take out Far Eastern Cultures & Chinese Headgear and Clothing, they don clothing again.

When I use this mod + Flavor Pack & Clothing Tweaks & Multiple Cultures Mod (+appropriate patches), I don't have the naked Norse problem (Yay!). However, this guy starts as duke of Iceland in 1066:

iceland.PNG.90e8a5a1d631c02e905e3b78b87e8a21.PNG

Any advice for getting the other mods & patches to work? Thank you for all your hard work on this!

Edit: Akans are also in France in 867. I assume this is MCM's doing and will look into it...

12 hours ago, mafoo said:

Hey, this mod is great! However, I'm having the same problem with naked Norse characters, even though I have the compatibility patches :(. When I take out Far Eastern Cultures & Chinese Headgear and Clothing, they don clothing again.

When I use this mod + Flavor Pack & Clothing Tweaks & Multiple Cultures Mod (+appropriate patches), I don't have the naked Norse problem (Yay!). However, this guy starts as duke of Iceland in 1066:

iceland.PNG.90e8a5a1d631c02e905e3b78b87e8a21.PNG

Any advice for getting the other mods & patches to work? Thank you for all your hard work on this!

Edit: Akans are also in France in 867. I assume this is MCM's doing and will look into it...

I think the Akan problem is caused by MCM.

Also, what is your load order? Load order is important. Make sure to load the compatibility patch the last.

@Leaf the Elf Excellent mod, and solid work, mate.

Just wanted to let you know that I have been enjoying it a lot. It adds certain realism to the game. Although the vanilla models look great, they all look very *same* after a while. Your mod makes them, imo, look a lot more human.

Just go a tad bit easier on the shortening the face height lol ? 

But seriously, I get that the work is always underway. And I truly appreciate it. ?

EDIT: It appears that the submods need to be updated as well. The mods like CFP and Clothing Tweaks are practically must have along side this one! But without the updated submod turks are naked (and very hairy for some reason lol)

15 minutes ago, jim raynor said:

@Leaf the Elf Excellent mod, and solid work, mate.

Just wanted to let you know that I have been enjoying it a lot. It adds certain realism to the game. Although the vanilla models look great, they all look very *same* after a while. Your mod makes them, imo, look a lot more human.

Just go a tad bit easier on the shortening the face height lol ? 

But seriously, I get that the work is always underway. And I truly appreciate it. ?

EDIT: It appears that the submods need to be updated as well. The mods like CFP and Clothing Tweaks are practically must have along side this one! But without the updated submod turks are naked (and very hairy for some reason lol)

Thank you ^^ I will update the compatibility patches tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, Leaf the Elf said:

I will update the compatibility patches tomorrow

Hey, disregard the comment about the compatibility patches! Sure, they still do need updating, but that is not what is causing the problem for me.

It appear to be a problem with Community Flavor Patch itself. HPP has nothing to do with it.

Thank you for the quick response and again, keep up the phenomenal work!

16 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Is it intended that some characters (I wasn't particularly looking around the world yet so I only came across such characters in the Greek category) look like they got bonked on the head with a very heavy shovel?

Reveal hidden contents

2020_11_29_2.png.caa5c13c6fea9cfcf9c83c35834768cc.png

Yes, it is :P

Jokes aside, I've never seen such a character before, but I'd say that maybe she just came out unlucky genetically. She looks kinda fat too, so that might be a contributor.

Are characters like that frequent? If yes, that is a cause for concern. If they are relatively rare, then no worries - people like that exist in real-life too.

49 minutes ago, Leaf the Elf said:

Yes, it is :P

Jokes aside, I've never seen such a character before, but I'd say that maybe she just came out unlucky genetically. She looks kinda fat too, so that might be a contributor.

Are characters like that frequent? If yes, that is a cause for concern. If they are relatively rare, then no worries - people like that exist in real-life too.

Well, I suppose statistically speaking there ain't that many of them, but I sure got lucky with two characters like that in the immediate vicinity.

Hello, Leaf the Elf

Congratulation for this phenomenal mod. I have some feedback for South Asian phenotypes. First of all I must admit you’ve done a fabulous work at making Gracile Indid and Nordindid. However, I found the Indo Brachids(both West and East variants) less accurate.

Indo Brachid faces look less realistic. You should slightly elongate their face and add aquiline noses alongside a more defined tip. Another fundamental missing aspect among IB phenotypes is Armenoid influence. You may add variables within Indo Brachid to produce Indo-Armenoids. 

The East Brachid phenotype is vague. I suggest, if possible, to create two separate East Brachids. One is the proper East Brachid you’ve already created to assign among “Assamese” and “Himalayan groups”. The new one should be the Bengali variant of eastern Indo Brachid which is much less mongoloid influenced and very West indo Brachid shifted. Here is an example:

Spoiler

344394163_IndoBrachids.png.1e3dc9d176aaa03ed47e9e16cde3a7d7.png

As you can see, the difference between these Indo Brachids is obvious, more east Asian gene means more east Asian influenced phenotypes. Bengalis are genetically 88% Gujarati-like and 12% East Asian. Assamese are 30-50% east Asian. The first women is a Gujarati, the second one is a Bangladeshi and the third is an Assamese. The Bangladeshi one still has a leptorrhine and aquiline nose, but the Assamese one has a mesorrhine nose and east Asian epicanthic fold. Indo Brachids often have cleft chin.

Overall, according to a nasal parameters study, 70% of Bengalis have leptorrhine nose and 30% mesorrhine nose.

In South Asia Armenoid falls under Indo-Brachid category, yet among Bengalis and eastern Indians I’ve notice gracilindid with Armenoid influence too. Here are two Bangladeshis with armenoid influence:

Spoiler

960x0.jpg.719a2af7720d2350a8da6d304e781f2f.jpg

The first one is gracilindid with Armenoid and the second one is the typical Indobrachid with Armenoid. I’m not sure if the big protruding eyes are from Armenoid influence, though.

Overall, you’ve done a pretty good job with Indo Aryan cultures but the Dravidians are misjudged by stereotype. The veddoid people form an enormous chunk of lower castes and tribals(irrelevant to royal dynasties), but the Dravidians that should be represented are the middle castes. They definitely look Indid, Indo Brachid and Indo melanid, mostly. A middle caste Telugu family:

Spoiler

IndianEagle-Diwali-Contest-Winner-Ritvik-Reddy-Annadi-from-Virginia1.jpg.d04d451d23e9c21e23fa8ba881420bec.jpg

South Indians often have sharp features with darker skin like this former miss America of Telugu origin:

Spoiler

Nina-Peter.jpg.2804dade76e5516a875fd41db9a8f0a9.jpg

You should lower the presence of open mouth among various Indid groups as well. It is an infrequent trait among regular people.

Overall, I’m pleased you created such a praiseworthy mod. I know you’ve spent a humongous amount of time to make it. Consider adding these suggestions in future updates. 

Best Regards ?

It seems that the newest update of the Community Flavor Pack sorta broke compatibility again - the mods are still compatible-ish, but not in a way that will allow players to fully appreciate the features of both mods.

If the CFP is loaded after this mod, then the hairstyles will get messed up, because I assigned hairstyles to cultures instead of phenotypes/ethnicities - CFP overwrites the file that does that, because it features some awesome new changes regarding hair and beard.

If my mod is loaded after CFP, then no such problem will occour, but you'll be missing out on the new custom hairstyles added by CFP, or male characters losing hair at old age or stress, etc. If you can live without those new features, then two will work together fine just fine, and can be considered compatible.

The short term solution is to load my mod last, and just bear with the loss of that specific feature. The long term solution is for me to make another compatch when I feel like it. Which will probably be next week.

• 2 weeks later...