[mod] CK3 Human Phenotype Project

I ain't bothering to comment on this site, didn't come here to do so, but this mod, well I'm loving it, exactly what I think CK3 needs, I'll be waiting for further updates, I think I can safely say that this is the best visual mod, or a mod overall that I've seen so far anywhere else, they all have been so uninspiring, lacking and underwhelming... until now, wonderful idea and a great work has been done, here's to more updates and hopefully you'll get some comrades to help you out

6 hours ago, sketch162000 said:

Can you list out what the full titles for the compatibility patches are in the description, please? I'm not sure what the abbreviations mean and whether or not I need them.

CTCFP = "something something Community Flavor Pack"

FECR = ???

MCM = ???

CTCFP = Clothing Tweaks and Community Flavour Pack

FECR = Far Eastern Cultures

MCM = Multiple Cultures Mod

7 minutes ago, Leaf the Elf said:

A new version of the mod has been released, which uses the beautiful variants of each ethnicity as a base. May not be the most realistic.

Downloadable here on the website, and also on Github.

Cool! I'll check it out. Although I am now accustomed to the sometimes weird looking gals and guys. I don't want my medieval times look like Americas Next Top Model. ;) Good to hear you're still at it! Keep it up!

Edit: Forgot to ask whether this is compatible with the CFP compatch.

2 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

Cool! I'll check it out. Although I am now accustomed to the sometimes weird looking gals and guys. I don't want my medieval times look like Americas Next Top Model. ;) Good to hear you're still at it! Keep it up!

Edit: Forgot to ask whether this is compatible with the CFP compatch.

Thank you ^^

Of course it is compatible with all the compatches. Only the ethnicities have become slightly different, so it is 100% compatible.

Anyway, here are some screenshots, I hope I will win back the favour of the masses with these, from the newest Beauty version of the mod:

2020-10-30-22:07:02-screenshot.jpg

2020-10-30-22:06:29-screenshot.jpg

2020-10-30-22:06:20-screenshot.jpg

2020-10-30-22:06:14-screenshot.jpg

2020-10-30-22:06:02-screenshot.jpg

2020-10-30-22:05:52-screenshot.jpg

2020-10-30-22:05:43-screenshot.jpg

I think you did well with this release. I just skimmed through some characters after a fresh game start and in comparison to the previous version people now have more "natural" faces. What's great is that they still are quite different from another although they are based on the beauty trait face of a culture. A great variety with more natural looking faces! I must admit that I miss some of my "freaks" from 1.03 though! ;) Still, your work is fantastic! I simply cannot go back to the vanilla faces.

If you ask me this mod should be one of the top mods on Steam. I know you can't publish there but if you gave this one a more emotional name like "More Natural Faces" or "Diverse Cultural Faces" maybe more people would be attracted to it. "Human Phenotype Project" sounds a little too sciency if you know what I mean. No offense intended. I don't care for the name but maybe the marketing for this mod needs some love...

Please keep on working on this mod. This and Community Flavor Pack are my favorite mods!

9 minutes ago, Cheri Song said:

You included your entire git folder and development folder as well as thumbnails in the download, which adds about 16 mb to the file size. You could have released a download 1/5 the size with the same functionality.

My bad. Will fix it for the next releases.

I started a 867 game and used the character finder to search for Andalusian characters (males and females). Then I used Fullscreen Barbershop whith a white background to be able to 'cut out' the characters in Photoshop and place them side to side. Then I used the backgrounds from the game to have a nice setting for the group of characters. I believe the screenshots from the mod 'Community Flavor Pack' are done in a similar way. Looks like this when it's done (I like it):

andalusian_male.thumb.jpg.8bfdab681a040cdd4ee5be80edf609d2.jpg

andalusian_female.thumb.jpg.16d5d962a68642263da18156b3399668.jpg

3 hours ago, Leaf the Elf said:

It looks absolutely wonderful! Would you mind it, if I added these two images to the screenshots?

Of course I wouldn't mind. :) It'd be an honor! But maybe wait for me to finish some more cultures. I'll get at it this evening. I will try to standardize the process a little as in the above example the female faces are much smaller than the male ones. Feel free to use any of my upcoming images!

And yet another new release released.

Also, just for heads up - the current version of Clothing Tweaks combined with the newest version of the Community Flavor Pack produces naked Turks. Before anyone thinks that my mod and its compatibility patch might have anything to do with it :P

On 10/31/2020 at 5:16 PM, Leaf the Elf said:

And yet another new release released.

Also, just for heads up - the current version of Clothing Tweaks combined with the newest version of the Community Flavor Pack produces naked Turks. Before anyone thinks that my mod and its compatibility patch might have anything to do with it :P

Thank you for making this mod possible. It has certain bring immersion into game. Which I cannot wait for other mods to be release. Hopefully incorporate your mod as well. As of now your mod is a must have to play the game with. Would it be difficult for your mod to be compatible with the Bronze age mod? Another amazing mod as well too bad they have move on on Imperator Rome which is where the mod was first released.

5 hours ago, sagimine1 said:

Thank you for making this mod possible. It has certain bring immersion into game. Which I cannot wait for other mods to be release. Hopefully incorporate your mod as well. As of now your mod is a must have to play the game with. Would it be difficult for your mod to be compatible with the Bronze age mod? Another amazing mod as well too bad they have move on on Imperator Rome which is where the mod was first released.

Thank you ^^

The Bronze Age Mod is a total conversion mod, which means that a completely new version of this mod would have to be created just for it - which is not impossible at all, but, there is one difficulty: assigning phenotypes to cultures.

For the most part, most present-day ethnicities already existed during the Middle Ages, which allowed me to generate the assignments from some modern maps, and hope for the best. I'm pretty sure that in the last 1200 years, the distribution of phenotypes probably did change somewhat, but hey, it's better than nothing.

In contrast, the Bronze Age is a whole different beast. Some phenotypes as we know them did not even exist back then! And I'm pretty sure they also had some extra phenotypes that went extinct during the Iron Age or later.

So.... "Would it be difficult to be compatible with the Bronze Age Mod?" - depends on what do you mean by compatible :P  If you want a sloppy comp-job that brute-forces compatibility by assigning phenotypes from the closest modern-day equivalents of bronze age cultures, it'd be easy. If you want something more realistic (since realism is the main selling point of my mod), then it would require a lot of research.

• 2 weeks later...