[mod] CK3 Human Phenotype Project

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 10:53 AM, ChaosRegion said:

Can't check this myself, i'm stupid.
Does this mod compatible withĀ Genetic beautification (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2239753041)

If it's not, can you please make a quick patch or something that i can do myself?

Thanks in advance!Ā  cool mod btw

The two are not compatible, but I will consider making a compatch in the weekend.

Anyway, a new version of the mod came out, compatible for 1.3.0.

Ā 

EDIT: On second thought, I cannot create a compatch, since the two mods conflict at the fact that both edit ethnicities. Pick one or the other, you can't have both. I can make compatibility patches for mods that edit vanilla cultures - or add new ones - but not mods that edit vanilla ethnicities, because my mod simply replaces said vanilla ethnicities.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:16 PM, Leaf the Elf said:

The two are not compatible, but I will consider making a compatch in the weekend.

Anyway, a new version of the mod came out, compatible for 1.3.0.

Ā 

EDIT: On second thought, I cannot create a compatch, since the two mods conflict at the fact that both edit ethnicities. Pick one or the other, you can't have both. I can make compatibility patches for mods that edit vanilla cultures - or add new ones - but not mods that edit vanilla ethnicities, because my mod simply replaces said vanilla ethnicities.

I see, thanks for the response. Too bad I can't use both, but hey, I think I'll stick with yours. Keep up the good works!

Although I do think the source (the phenotype website and the descriptions of different human ethnic groups),Ā of this mod is a bit... psuedoscience-ey, you the author have done an AMAZING job converting the different values over to the ethnicities in game. Like, seriously, amazing work. Especially on the noses. I never thought it'd be possible to have the game randomly generate the noses of my Armenian family with such accuracy, but, you managed to make it do just that.

On 3/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, Peregrinus22 said:

Hi. For some reason after the new patch this mod makes all characters bold (the hairstyle option is also gone). Has anybody experienced this? Thanks

It doesn't happen for me. Are you using a mod that's messing with the hair?

On 3/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, Peregrinus22 said:

Hi. For some reason after the new patch this mod makes all characters bold (the hairstyle option is also gone). Has anybody experienced this? Thanks

Ā 

22 hours ago, Leaf the Elf said:

It doesn't happen for me. Are you using a mod that's messing with the hair?

I recreated this issue by installing the mod folders manually and leaving some stuff from the old version inside the mod folder in my documents, solved by deleting the old mod folder before unpacking the new one from the archive.

Ā 

Also brilliant mod, thank you for your work, it is the single most important ck3 mod for me now.

4 hours ago, Duroduro said:

Ā 

I recreated this issue by installing the mod folders manually and leaving some stuff from the old version inside the mod folder in my documents, solved by deleting the old mod folder before unpacking the new one from the archive.

Ā 

Also brilliant mod, thank you for your work, it is the single most important ck3 mod for me now.

Thanks a lot. It actually did fix the issue. Btw, thanks for this great mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man , i appreciate the mission of this mod, while at the beginning ck3 seems to cover a lot of variety it actually isnt the more you continue to play.

Ā 

My two cents :

Ā 

1. The new ash black is very nice, made africa playable for me now. But the new introduced colour changes drastically when the character gets the "Ill" status. jumps from ash black to red-deepbrown.

Ā 

2. Playing the south indians currently i can see the old characters are no more created. i would really prefer this mod to just add stuff ontop of the existing variety. Some south indian good looking phenotypes are no more generated as far as i can see. The standart ethnities in the character menu seem to not be included in the world generator ?

On 4/23/2021 at 7:23 AM, sagimine1 said:

Will this mod work with this mod?

[mod] Sex Animations, More Character Shapes, and Models for Easier Animation

Ā 

The two should be compatible, I think.

Ā 

On 4/21/2021 at 10:22 PM, Grimmdal said:

Hey man , i appreciate the mission of this mod, while at the beginning ck3 seems to cover a lot of variety it actually isnt the more you continue to play.

Ā 

My two cents :

Ā 

1. The new ash black is very nice, made africa playable for me now. But the new introduced colour changes drastically when the character gets the "Ill" status. jumps from ash black to red-deepbrown.

Ā 

2. Playing the south indians currently i can see the old characters are no more created. i would really prefer this mod to just add stuff ontop of the existing variety. Some south indian good looking phenotypes are no more generated as far as i can see. The standart ethnities in the character menu seem to not be included in the world generator ?

Ā 

Thank you for your feedback :)Ā 

1. Interesting. I will have to look into this.

2. Yes, this mod makes sure that the old phenotypes are no longer used. You are correct - the standard ethnicities in the character menu are no longer included in the world generator. We opted to completely exclude the standard ethnicities, because they are not scientific enough. In vanilla CK3, the Mogyƫr people (ancestors of my Hungarians) and the Han Chinese had the same ethnicity - thus, I made this mod in response to that scientific inaccuracy.

We might bring back just the south_indian ethnicity though, or simply revamp the phenotype distributions inĀ India (the maps I used to generate the distributions represent average people, rather than just the nobility). Or widen the skin colour ranges for Indian phenotypes. Or all three.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ā 

In case anyone is still interested in the mod, here's the list of phenotypes the mod implements and doesn't implement. The missing ones either exist in regions that aren't included in CK3, or came into existence after CK3's timeframe.

Ā 

On 5/7/2021 at 4:52 PM, HHMF said:

Great Work!!!
Does Anyone know how to create gene for Elf Ear?

Not Something big and ugly like "warcraft elfs", something cute but still "pointy"?

Ā 

Dunno, wrong thread?

Ā 

On 5/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, sagimine1 said:

Will the mod work with the Shogunate mod? Since this is specially focus in Japan.

Ā 

Out of the box? No. But with a compatch that doesn't exist yet? Sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 11:09 AM, Monstrous Moonshine said:

Which ethnicities are currently accounted for in this mod?

Every single one, with a few exceptions. But those exceptions don't even exist in CK3's world anyway (e.g. Native American phenotypes).

Ā 

Just in case tho, here's the list:

https://github.com/Metalhead33/CK3-Human-Phenotype-Project/blob/main/PhenotypeList.md

Edited by Leaf the Elf
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 3:03 PM, Leaf the Elf said:

Out of the box? No. But with a compatch that doesn't exist yet? Sure.

There are no combability patch created yet. Since the Japanese mini culture has not changed as much since the Japanese first recording. Your culture blend should still applicable with this mod. The author did mess around with phenotype make up from the look of it.

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2021 at 4:43 PM, sagimine1 said:

Hey Leaf theĀ Elf. Out of curiosity, would it be possible to make this mod available for Sims 4?

Wut?

1 hour ago, Grimmdal said:

compatible with 1.5 without updating ? if not update asap pls, i cant play with the normal looks anymore this mod is great xD

I updated the mod for 1.5.

The compatibility patches for the different mods - as well as the Far Eastern Cultures and Religions mod - will be updated later. In fact, the latter will have to go through a massive overhaul first.

Edited by Leaf the Elf