Character becomes invisible randomly in 3rd person

On 10/28/2020 at 10:36 AM, Excurios said:

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I've thought about that possibility but my graphic card is quite beefy (RTX 2080, 8gb VRAM), and 16gb RAM.

Same I have very similar specs (RTX 2070, 8gb VRAM) 16gb RAM I don't think it's a memory issue either.

Interestingly enough I haven't seen this issue in my game in quite a while now, hopefully it got fixed in my game somehow. It'll probably just appear again out of nowhere when I'm least expecting it though.

9 hours ago, Rocketman142 said:

Same I have very similar specs (RTX 2070, 8gb VRAM) 16gb RAM I don't think it's a memory issue either.

Interestingly enough I haven't seen this issue in my game in quite a while now, hopefully it got fixed in my game somehow. It'll probably just appear again out of nowhere when I'm least expecting it though.

For me, it became more frequent the moment I was using CBPC (I was using 3BBB by acro without the CBPC plugin). It might be related to the collision somehow.

12 minutes ago, Rocketman142 said:

I was using CBBE SMP by ousnius when I was getting the issue, now I've switched over to 3BBB SMP by Acro and I have yet to see the issue. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks though. 

I've also recently ditched the mods 3PCO and aim fix as I figured they might have been the issue, I'm now using SmoothCam

Like you, I thought that 3PCO might be the problem, so I've started a new game some times ago without 3PCO since it was also annoying for me (especially when using a bow), but the problem still occurs, even with vanilla camera.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Excurios said:

@Rocketman142 Hey, sorry to bother you again but did you met this problem again ? Any luck with 3BBB ? I've been trying for week to find out the real cause without any clues ...

Nah I still haven't encountered the bug in quite a while, but then again I haven't been playing Skyrim nearly as much as I was a few months ago. I've only been in a few caves recently which is where I always encountered the bug, still haven't reproduced the bug though.

Welcome back then ?

I've found nothing yet. Guess we are cursed. I can only count two mods that affects interiors on my load order :

- RLO but I had this problem even with RLO disabled on a new game

- Skyrim Project Optimization but it can't be the culprit since it does not affect cave or dungeon

If it happens at the same location, why not gather additional info.

save and load when invisible

save and exit to desktop, restart

use a torch or magelight

change from 3rd to 1th person view

start a single person animation, eg sexlab debug spell

change armor, weapons

drink a potion or spell on you

start conversation

read a book

open map

conjure a creature

just anything changing environment

3 minutes ago, Excurios said:

It's random, I never said it was on the same location.

Sure, but in your movie it happens on the same location, walk a little visible, walk back invisible.

What I mean, if it happens again, it would possibly help to narrow it down.

5 minutes ago, T-lam said:

Sure, but in your movie it happens on the same location, walk a little visible, walk back invisible.

What I mean, if it happens again, it would possibly help to narrow it down.

So far the only fix are saving and reloading, or if I stay on the spot for some minutes the problem may disappear. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any progress on the trouble shooting? Ive been experiencing the exact same issue. Ill post up my mods list. If you would please look for similarity in our mods.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
RSkyrimChildren.esm
3DNPC.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm
Heels Sound.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
Extra Encounters SE.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
SkyUI_SE.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
50 More Perk Points.esp
icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
tposcthebordersofskyrim.esp
ImprovedRoads.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
WeightlessOV_MERGED_BCS.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.esp
TreasureHunterWhore.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Inigo.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Public Whore.esp
S_L_U_T_S.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SkyHUD.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
BlendedRoads.esp
RichMerchantsSkyrim_x10.esp
AddItemMenuSE.esp
Footprints.esp
RSChildren.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
TKDodge.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Medium Script Range.esp
3DNPC0.esp
Vanilla Hair Replacer - VHR.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
RaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
FNIS.esp
3BBB.esp
RaceMenuHH.esp
KSHairdosSMP.esp
BD Armor and clothes replacer.esp
CBBE.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
MikanEyes All in one SE.esp
[COCO] RONIN.esp
[COCO]Raikou.esp
[COCO]LaceBody.esp
[COCO]CheongSan_SE.esp
[COCO]wedding_2B.esp
360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp
MiniBikini.esp
Customizable Camera.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
Devious Devices SE patch.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
zzEstrus.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp
EstrusChaurus.esp
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
DD_Helpers.esp
EstrusSpider.esp
SlaveTats.esp
Insignificant Object Remover.esp
BDIC.esp
No Killmoves, No Killcams, No Killbites.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
NoRadialBlur.esp
TheAmazingWorldOfBikiniArmor.esp
ZeilaFollower.esp
[immyneedscake] RyanReos Primrose Egypt.esp
[immyneedscake] RyanReos Bunny Irelia.esp
[Christine] College Warrior.esp
Blood Raven.esp
[Christine] Nord Ascended.esp
FMS_FemaleMakeupSuite.esp
High Poly Head Vampire Fix.esp
High Poly Head.esm
[namida1126]Yvonne Assets.esp
Expressive Facegen Morphs.esl
Pocky Punk's Make Up Addon_females.esp
High Poly Pretty Face and Darker Brows Stand Alone.esp
SFO_SkinFeatureOverlays.esp
HavoksLipPatterns.esp
EggFactory.esp
MoreDeviousStarts.esp
BooksOfDibella.esp

For anyone using CCA, (Copy Character Appearance) that's a definite source. In this case, it usually happens when one enters first-person mode,  and then the artifact is produced when you zoom or hotkey back to 3rd-person mode (not always but more often than not, and way way too often!!), or when entering sneak mode (possibly accounted for by stealth buffs in certain cases, but exiting sneak mode leaves one invisible),  or more randomly and rarely in caves and other interior spaces while moving around and some "magical"  (not magickal) boundary is crossed.

When the invisibility bug is encountered, (no matter its apparent "active" cause), most of the time one can walk for a while (distance can vary from a few "yards" to hundreds of feet) and the character will reappear suddenly, as if a threshold was passed, and very rarely in interior spaces,  it's as simple as rotating the character pointing direction.,

although I think more specifically, some game-driven player-auto-refresh is triggered at cell or ?subcell? ?navmesh? boundaries, which makes the character visible again.

Other times, nothing I do fixes it, at which point the only recourse is to create a save *in third person, exit the game entirely, and then reload the game and that savefile). Also most times, a "major" cell transition (door, cave entrance, etc)  while in third person causes the player to reappear. (again, not always, sometimes, interestingly enough, the game resolves after a doorway or entranceway transition in first person mode instead of the third person mode I thought it would...)

Anecdotal, and perhaps specific only to Copy Character Appearance (CCA), but who knows, it might help someone have an AHA! moment and help us all avoid it in the future.