Character becomes invisible randomly in 3rd person

Oh, my fault! I hadn't seen the main post video.

I've had character invisibility issues too, but for different reasons, apparently.

When you are in third person and rotate the camera near a wall (or other obstacle) your character becomes invisible to allow you to see through the character. But sometimes it happened that he remained invisible!

The mod that I posted, solves this type of invisibility, preventing the character from becoming invisible from the start.

In practice, if your invisibility depends on collisions with the camera, No Collision Camera solves the problem.

• 1 month later...

Has this ever got a proper fix? Because i noticed this exact same problem doing the Dawnbreaker Meridia's quest wich never happend before and i played this mission like 10k times. It happens at the top before activating the last light to open the door to the final part. It happens when i walk/run throught that small passage and only in third person. 

Which "this" are you talking about? There are a variety of ways invisibility can occur. I suppose the simpler ones, like repeatable locations where occlusion planes were placed incorrectly (a few passages in a few caves come to mind), and presuming whomever created those assets allows it, or their licensing allows it to be fixed, and presuming anyone with sufficient skills is interested in making said fix. As for the rest? idk. 

I do know that I've never personally experienced the invisibility issue you are identifying, on about 8 or 9 completions of that quest, although I've experienced it elsewhere, as well as due to a specific mod I use (Copy Character Appearance) but which is a different issue that causes invisibility problems unrelated (I think) to specific location-based issues like the one you described. So I'm going to guess that you have some sort of mod contention causing that particular invisibility issue.

42 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Which "this" are you talking about? There are a variety of ways invisibility can occur. I suppose the simpler ones, like repeatable locations where occlusion planes were placed incorrectly (a few passages in a few caves come to mind), and presuming whomever created those assets allows it, or their licensing allows it to be fixed, and presuming anyone with sufficient skills is interested in making said fix. As for the rest? idk. 

I do know that I've never personally experienced the invisibility issue you are identifying, on about 8 or 9 completions of that quest, although I've experienced it elsewhere, as well as due to a specific mod I use (Copy Character Appearance) but which is a different issue that causes invisibility problems unrelated (I think) to specific location-based issues like the one you described. So I'm going to guess that you have some sort of mod contention causing that particular invisibility issue.

Does Copy Character Appearance work well with sexlab? How about Bijin mods that has their own skin textures?  

Works fine with SL/etc. I have no idea about Bijin mods. But it does result in invisibility sometimes, usually when coming back from 1st person mode. You then have to travel a ways (cell divide perhaps?) before the player reappears. (in most cases, that is... sometimes it requires a reboot of the game to resolve)

Edited by anjenthedog
added thoughts
  • 2 weeks later...

I also noticed this has something to do with the character moving too close to the camera in third person, which may happen specially when using 360 Movement Behavior (SE). But the mod itself isn't the problem, it's more of a engine bug triggered by mods. It probably gets wacky with (Faster) HDT-SMP and its physics for body and hair. My character returns like 10 seconds after this bug triggers, but without brows and a complete Skyrim restart is required to recover it. Sometimes when I hit Racemenu when she's still invisible, she won't lose the brows after reappearing. Oh and my character was also imported from ECE (LE) to RM (SE). Maybe imported .tri heads can also be part of the problem, as other people reported as well.

Having said all that, it's not hard to believe that a mod that prevents camera collision would prevent this issue at least partially. The fact that the character goes invisible when approaching walls close to the camera might be triggering this issue in conjunction with heavy mods like SMP physics and/or even imported tri heads.

Edited by fgambler

No Camera Collision (..no Fade out any more)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19310

This mod seems to fix the problem for many. There's one post in the comment section showing exactly what I was having with character going invisible and brows disappearing after returning. Tthat mod fixed it for him so I'm gonna give it a try. So it has something to do with different tri meshes / high poly heads after all.

EDIT: I coud replicate this bug in every session in the front of the Purewater Run cave (close walls). Then after installing that mod, no more invisibility bug. Hopefully it's fixed for once for me and maybe it can help some of you. Good luck!

Edited by fgambler
  • 1 month later...

ok so i just had this issue and its propped up a few times during my current playthrough. every time it happened it was within interiors and not just dungeons either. 

the last one happened in bloodchill manor.

i enter the cave to attend the dinner party as i went to speak to the waiter about starting the party soon as i got to the bottom of the stairs boom invisible come back up the stairs and return to being visible. the battle began while invisible but soon as i transformed into a warewolf i became visible until i turned back to human. after the fight was over and spoke to the survivor i exited the main hall and went to a room on the right (faceing the exit) went so far in and became visible so it was limited to the main hall and corridor, so i changed hair styles and i remained visible when reentering the corridor and main hall.

the problem for me was none other then ks smp hairdo's. oddly enough i've had a constant stream of invisiblity issues with this one mod it was worth checking out to see if that was the cause again. 

if i had to guess there is a communication error occuring in certain situations especially between racemenu and ks smp hairdos

Edited by destroyer1012
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...