Character becomes invisible randomly in 3rd person

Greetings everyone,

As the title says, my character becomes randomly invisible while in 3rd person. It only happens indoors (more precisely in dungeon, since I don't have this problem in house for instance).

I have difficulty to pinpoint where the problem might come from because it's totally random : it is not even tied to a specific spot, in fact, if it does happen, saving then reloading a save makes my character reappear again. The problem is also not related with camera mods such as 3PCO or Enhanced Camera, since I get this problem even with vanilla camera.

As far as I can tell, I suspect physics mods (KS Hairdos SMP, CBBE 3BBB, ...) to be part of the problem, since NPCs aren't affected by this problem (I did not put or apply any physics mods on NPCs). If it's a SMP issue, I would understand that it is a drawback of it.

I'll appreciate any feedback, if you're using physics mods please tell me if you have the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit : Link to a video I've made

35 minutes ago, Lestat1627 said:

Just to begin the exclusion process in order to identify the cause: did you try to put on another hairstyle? 

Maybe without SMP. If the problem goes away, you've found the cause

Thanks for the reply, I've tried changing hair through showracemenu, but it didn't work sadly, wether it was another KS hair or a vanilla one.

Have you tried disabling your ENB or trying another preset? I had that for a while in my previous game, along with some parts of the player hair/beard becoming invisible. These issues went away when I switched ENB (I was testing different presets at that time). You could also try disabling individual effects to see if there is a setting in particular you can change without removing/changing your entire ENB preset.

34 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Have you tried disabling your ENB or trying another preset? I had that for a while in my previous game, along with some parts of the player hair/beard becoming invisible. These issues went away when I switched ENB (I was testing different presets at that time). You could also try disabling individual effects to see if there is a setting in particular you can change without removing/changing your entire ENB preset.

Thanks for your reply, I did remember to disable ENB when it's occured once, but without any luck. I'll try again the next time it does happen. Quite hard actually since it totally random.

13 hours ago, Excurios said:

Thanks for your reply, I did remember to disable ENB when it's occured once, but without any luck. I'll try again the next time it does happen. Quite hard actually since it totally random.

Well no luck, ENB doesn't seem to be the problem.

22 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Hmm I'll see if I can reproduce the issue again in my game. I remember it was a common occurrence in narrow passages and enclosed spaces in the bandit camps near Whiterun.

Thanks, I'll try to make some tests on my part too. From what you said, it's true that it does looks like when you're near a wall and your character vanish a bit depending on your camera position.

I can't replicate the issue now. So whatever it was it's no longer in my game.

Have you tried in a new game with just a few active mods? That's what I'd do in your case. Adding a few mods at a time so you can pinpoint when the issue appears and then check one by one the mods you just enabled, etc. 

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

I can't replicate the issue now. So whatever it was it's no longer in my game.

Have you tried in a new game with just a few active mods? That's what I'd do in your case. Adding a few mods at a time so you can pinpoint when the issue appears and then check one by one the mods you just enabled, etc. 

Thanks for your time, I'll try to debug that problem, but that will be quite hard since it's so random. My guess would be that it is tied to SMP, but no one seems to have the same problem.

For what is worth I had this issue while playing a male character with 0 HDT or physics enabled on him. So I'm not sure if it's related. And for me was a very easy to reproduce thing, all I had to do was move the camera quickly in a narrow space while in 3rd view. Perhaps our issues are similar but with a different cause behind... oh well, the Skyrim mysteries. I hope you can find a fix.

Hi again,

I was currently using Improved Camera for a while, if that's the mod which allows you to see your body in 1st person.

But I had this problem long before I installed Improved Camera. Also, I did notice that with Improved Camera enabled, my body would also "disappear" when the invisibily glitch occurs, even in 1st person, except the arms and the hands (weapons too), since my guess would be they are 1st person models.

So far, it's not even tied to any others camera mods (Enhanced Camera, 3PCO), since I've got also this problem with a vanilla camera.

On 10/6/2020 at 12:53 PM, Excurios said:

Greetings everyone,

As the title says, my character becomes randomly invisible while in 3rd person. It only happens indoors (more precisely in dungeon, since I don't have this problem in house for instance).

I have difficulty to pinpoint where the problem might come from because it's totally random : it is not even tied to a specific spot, in fact, if it does happen, saving then reloading a save makes my character reappear again. The problem is also not related with camera mods such as 3PCO or Enhanced Camera, since I get this problem even with vanilla camera.

As far as I can tell, I suspect physics mods (KS Hairdos SMP, CBBE 3BBB, ...) to be part of the problem, since NPCs aren't affected by this problem (I did not put or apply any physics mods on NPCs). If it's a SMP issue, I would understand that it is a drawback of it.

I'll appreciate any feedback, if you're using physics mods please tell me if you have the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I happen to have the same problem as you and it has been in my game for a while. Maybe one day someone will figure out this glitch.

7 hours ago, Rocketman142 said:

I happen to have the same problem as you and it has been in my game for a while. Maybe one day someone will figure out this glitch.

Well, good luck to both of us, since it seems that we're like the only one concerned by this problem. I'm currently trying to debut this problem but since it's so random it's quite hard.

Had a similar problem.

Digital black and video black are different.

Video everything below 12 (or 15 ? Don't remember) is black.

Enb just seems to enhance/trigger this effect depending on light falling on pc.

I installed in addition to enb a reshade setting to have black at 0 or 1.

It helped for me, may be it's something you got here, too.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1188259-bslightingshaderproperty-basics/

some info about paralax shader with enb, black becomes transparent.

A possibility is you are running out of memory, most likely from texture mods or enb, windows processes, or in a bad case a memory leak. What happens is, due to low memory your graphics card is unable to utilize the resources necessary to "draw" the scene correctly removing the most demanding elements first, which is usually the pc. So in that case you would have a disappearance followed shortly after by a reemergence of the pc. You could remove or tone down your texture mods, ie, use 2k instead of 4k. Just my thoughts and in no way the only possibility. Hope it helps, good luck.

8 hours ago, Inanna17 said:

A possibility is you are running out of memory, most likely from texture mods or enb, windows processes, or in a bad case a memory leak. What happens is, due to low memory your graphics card is unable to utilize the resources necessary to "draw" the scene correctly removing the most demanding elements first, which is usually the pc. So in that case you would have a disappearance followed shortly after by a reemergence of the pc. You could remove or tone down your texture mods, ie, use 2k instead of 4k. Just my thoughts and in no way the only possibility. Hope it helps, good luck.

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I've thought about that possibility but my graphic card is quite beefy (RTX 2080, 8gb VRAM), and 16gb RAM.