Character becomes invisible randomly in 3rd person

Did you manage to fix this issue? I have this problem as well however mostly it happens in dungeons but. If i switch to first person and go back to 3rd person sometimes the PC disappeared. this happen everywhere not only in dungeons quick save then quick load will crash the game even save and load will crash it. however what I can do in this case is I save or quick save after that I go back to main menu hit load and everything back to normal can't really tell when this happens because most of the time I play on 3rd person 

• 2 weeks later...

Had this problem and for me it was being caused by Dint's HDT hair (racemenu hair not the wigs afaik) One of the links in this thread lead me to find other people having similar issues. If anyone else is running into this its another potential cause... It does make me a bit sad to know tho as its rare to find good HDT hair for males :| guess ill be sticking to wigs or unisex racemenu hair

On 1/13/2022 at 1:14 AM, josuakin said:

Had this problem and for me it was being caused by Dint's HDT hair (racemenu hair not the wigs afaik) One of the links in this thread lead me to find other people having similar issues. If anyone else is running into this its another potential cause... It does make me a bit sad to know tho as its rare to find good HDT hair for males :| guess ill be sticking to wigs or unisex racemenu hair

Many thanks, you're a life savior :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 7:14 PM, josuakin said:

Yea if you're on SSE it's literally if you have a Dint Hair on your chracter lmao.

I have this problem recently when I'm started using tattoo in Body Makeup in Racemenu. Apparently, any makeup that is making an 'art' on my PC such as egyptian eyeliner would have my PC disappearing in certain places in game. Removing them would fix the problem for me. So, I'm stuck with no body art for my PC now though. Kinda bum

Hi!

I just sorted out a similar issue. I had faster hdt mod, I deactivated it, in MO2, and my bug is no longer. I noticed you have KS hair SMP, perhaps that conflicts with an hdt mod you have. Also, I was able to recreate my vanishing, it was leaving High Hrothgar and when your right outside the door, top of the stairs to leave, you back up against the wall. The camera is trapped, and you become invisible. 

Have been getting this issue for a while and couldnt find a fix until I found this thread. For me the disppearing happend in some dungeons and many places in Solitude such as bard college and blue palace, there are areas in these places where my character consistently turns invisible when walking into them. I have Dint hair pack and 3PCO installed but these werent the culprit, the arousal effect from dripping when aroused was, disabling it fixed the issue for me.

Hey, new to the thread. I've been having the issue for a year or so. Haven't found a fix yet. I don't use Dint hair (but I do use other smp hairs that are easier on the game), don't have drip when wet either. My problem is exactly the same as the OP's video, and I've had enough experience with this bug to remember one particular spot it occurs in most times, and that would be the empty room right after you free the bandit stuck in the spider web in Bleak Falls Barrow. However, on my latest encounter with this bug I walked through the room fine the first time - it was only after backtracking through it later that my character was disappearing in that room only.

I found other people with this bug report on the nexus page for Enhanced Blood Textures, and sure enough, the only other mod list in this thread has that mod. I do too. 

I got this annoying invisible everytime my char got stagger (with trap or giant mob) and sometimes with random cases which I don't know why. The only temporary-solution (for myself) just restart the game or play with first-person mode until reload new cell, and then my char face become weird, brows disappear. Not funny, really.

Edited by themanlie

Hello everyone, first I'm sorry for my english (I use google translator). I found the forum and this post when researching this problem, I'm not sure what is causing this, however, I saw reports that the "racemenu" fixed this problem... so I went to the tests, loaded my character and in any structure or wall that I turned the camera very close to the character it became invisible at the same time, so with it still invisible, I opened the race menu (Command: showracemenu) and saved the character (without changing anything in appearance) and it worked, I realized that like this I closed the race menu and the character was generated in the world differently and then I went to test it on the walls and the problem didn't happen anymore. Thanks to everyone for the attempts and possible solutions, a special thanks to the one who said that racemenu fixes this bug.

Okay, I know that this issue is now fixed, BUT just in case someone's stumbled upon this thread again, and is still somewhat confused. Yes, typing in "showracemenu" on the console, fixes it. If you don't know how to use the console. Push the tilde ( ` ) key to bring up the console. It's beside the number 1 key on your keyboard. You shouldn't miss it. Once there, just type in "showracemenu", push enter, and then push the tilde key again, click done, enter name, and you're good to go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SOLVED:  I was having this problem in set indoor areas, where my pc disappeared and camera would go into 'drunken' mode.   It is not random and is triggered in set areas.

The drunken camera affect gave me a clue as to what it was.  I remembered that HDT issues can cause the PC to affect a drunken walk.

I disabled Faster HDT-SMP in Vortex and the problem is gone. 

It appears this problem is related to HDT conflicts.  Disable the most recent HDT/SMP mod to track down the problem. 

Edited by 17skyrim
On 10/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, Excurios said:

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I've thought about that possibility but my graphic card is quite beefy (RTX 2080, 8gb VRAM), and 16gb RAM.

this could be caused by mismatches with your physics mods such a enabling CUDA in faster SMP when your gpu doesn't support it or having the wrong AVX (again in Faster SMP) or even just selecting SE instead of AE I dont know for certain but im fairly certain the 2000 series doesn't support CUDA and has no AVX support or in the case of 3ba selecting the wrong body type (ie if you use CBBE Curvy and select TBD) i changed those settings specifically and everything seems to be working now

Edited by Ausar432
On 3/30/2022 at 2:37 AM, 17skyrim said:

SOLVED:  I was having this problem in set indoor areas, where my pc disappeared and camera would go into 'drunken' mode.   It is not random and is triggered in set areas.

The drunken camera affect gave me a clue as to what it was.  I remembered that HDT issues can cause the PC to affect a drunken walk.

It appears this problem is related to HDT conflicts.  Disable the most recent HDT/SMP mod to track down the problem. 

I've never had any problems with Faster HDT-SMP until i had to reinstall all my mods so perhaps you just selected the wrong options in the installer like i did

Edited by Ausar432
On 3/30/2022 at 3:37 AM, 17skyrim said:

FTR, it may be solved for you, but it's not "solved" for everyone. Although there appear to be very specific locations in which invisibility is somewhat universally encountered (certain areas of certain caves for instance), there are also different issues for different player's specific invisibility issues associated with the mods they're using. for instance, I use the Copy Character Appearance mod on one play-vector (it "seamlessly" wraps another NPC's body and face over mine), and invisibility is encountered whenever I go to first person and back out to 3rd person. I then have to walk for a while before she reappears. This is consistently, repeatedly, and without fail,

I have another character vector (in fact, the very same player character that got wrapped by the Copy Character "overlay" for the previously mentioned playvector), who never goes invisible, except momentarily in certain caves, when an occlusion plane gets "confused". No does my male character suffer.... except in certain locations in certain caves where occlusion planes cause issues...for a moment.  And based on other reports over time, other people suffer from yet other mods interfering with their game. 

I've narrowed it down to an issue with player redraw not being executed upon change from 1st to 3rd person. I don't know how to "fix that" but I know why it's happening, and it has NOTHNG to do with HDT SMP.

And just ftr, shutting down the HDT-SMP subsystem is not a "solution", it's a workaround at best.

Edited by anjenthedog
On 4/1/2022 at 11:17 PM, anjenthedog said:

FTR, it may be solved for you, but it's not "solved" for everyone. Although there appear to be very specific locations in which invisibility is somewhat universally encountered (certain areas of certain caves for instance), there are also different issues for different player's specific invisibility issues associated with the mods they're using. for instance, I use the Copy Character Appearance mod on one play-vector (it "seamlessly" wraps another NPC's body and face over mine), and invisibility is encountered whenever I go to first person and back out to 3rd person. I then have to walk for a while before she reappears. This is consistently, repeatedly, and without fail,

I have another character vector (in fact, the very same player character that got wrapped by the Copy Character "overlay" for the previously mentioned playvector), who never goes invisible, except momentarily in certain caves, when an occlusion plane gets "confused". No does my male character suffer.... except in certain locations in certain caves where occlusion planes cause issues...for a moment.  And based on other reports over time, other people suffer from yet other mods interfering with their game. 

I've narrowed it down to an issue with player redraw not being executed upon change from 1st to 3rd person. I don't know how to "fix that" but I know why it's happening, and it has NOTHNG to do with HDT SMP.

And just ftr, shutting down the HDT-SMP subsystem is not a "solution", it's a workaround at best.

Sorry I did not specify "Solved for Me".  

This type of problem has existed for years.  There is no definitive solution I could find anywhere.  Do you have a definitive solution?  Can you suggest a better workaround?

In the absence of a definitive solution all solutions are workarounds.   No one should ever feel embarrassed to post which workaround worked for them.  There are varied workarounds posted online for related problems but they did not work for me.  I can only post which workaround worked for me. 

Now let's not keep it a secret.  If someone has come up with a definitive solution for camera and invisilitiy problems share it with us. 

Having the same issue myself now. 

Disabled SMP, no change, disabled HDT-SMP hair, no change, going into Racemenu doesn't fix it. I can literally pin point one main area it happens as the NPCs disappear when walking through the same corridor in Blue Palace, happens in random places all over the world.

Only change I have made recently was installing custom race support and playing as a new race. Tried all the options in here so far, back to seeing what triggers it *sigh*

Testing: From the corridor into Elisifs room my character is invisible. Elisif blinks invisible when walking through the point in the corridor where I vanish but then re-appears just past it. My 2 Lykaios followers do not disappear, neither does a wench that walks through. BIZZARE

Update:

Totally related to Faster HDT-SMP and the Yami Neko custom race, disabling the SMP makes the race work fine. Enabling it causes the bug, if I try a normal race or the custom Lykaios race I don't have the problem. Seems there's a few people over on Nexus mod page with similar issues.

Edited by Gonzeh
Tests again
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I get this bug literally whenever I got in 3rd person like all the time.... I noticed that as my save file NUMBER got bigger It slowly started happening MORE AND MORE, But I think its just a Coincidence. Idk why its happening. But I just know it is happening. I hope we find a solution to it soon.... And It only started happening IDK when but around when I got my set of dragon scale armor..... 

Here is a reddit thread I found on it with a possible method to solve it Has anyone tried using it to fix it?

Edited by flameingtwister
On 4/8/2022 at 6:51 AM, hellblueboy said:

I have the same issue but I managed to fix it by simply use console command to bring up racemenu, my char then re-appear.

Don't encounter the same problem again since.

I tried that... It doesn't work.... At first I was thinking maybe save file number or size? But no.... My next guess is maybe ENB? But who knows.... Overall I am wondering if its possibly a vram thing.... I created a new character recently and she doesn't have the issue at all!!!! 
But my current character does.  So one of my theories is could it be COTR? Or something else?