13 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I think i need some help: so far i didn't encounter a single NPC with random overlays, the chances are pretty high if you take into account the multipliers. I tried in a random dungeon, and none of the NPCs had an overlay. What's the best way to check if the mod is working ? and is it possible to redistribute the overlays ? I don't know how robco works exactly but it should inject the armor to all listed refs on each game load right ? is that enough to trigger the container change event ?

PS

The MCM cycle function doesn't always work too, it's weird but i have to change the debug setting for it to start working again. Not sure if it's a coincidence, something to do with MCM update event or a blocking state enabled in script. 

Ok so the mod should be working, but many NPCs are not getting the KW probably game random function is acting up. Turns out "INVB_Global_OverlayChance_" controls everything not just tats. I will set it to 1 (100%) and see how it works. It's called tattoos chance in MCM not overlays.

Edited by lee3310
3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

That's wearable equipment (clothing/armor), not overlays. Then again, the experimental 3D pubes are wearable equipment too, so maybe a similar system could be used for piercings.

Oh, yeah. I forgot this mod normally doesn't handle wearables unless it's 3D pubes. Speaking of, I need to learn more information about that experimental feature.

11 hours ago, georgechalkias said:

Oh, yeah. I forgot this mod normally doesn't handle wearables unless it's 3D pubes. Speaking of, I need to learn more information about that experimental feature.

so armors need two things,

1. put into a special leveled list

2. have a certain script attached that will automatically equips the armor when added.

and about adding other stuff such as jewelry, it becomes a "when does the mod stop" (and I already have a problem with feature creep) *however what I can do is the following.

I might add another leveled list that is added to NPCs that you can add armors to (via Fo4edit or creation kit) *I will add instructions as well **also it will be simple as possible

11 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Ok so the mod should be working, but many NPCs are not getting the KW probably game random function is acting up. Turns out "INVB_Global_OverlayChance_" controls everything not just tats. I will set it to 1 (100%) and see how it works. It's called tattoos chance in MCM not overlays.

so read my post below, I have fixed it for the upcoming update, so it was kinda grandfathered in, and I had completely forgotten about it until I looked into changing the order of the tattoo's

On 11/24/2023 at 2:28 PM, Invictusblade said:

so here is a question

so a lot of this mod is grandfathered from older versions, so some options may be pointless,

so is "General(and insert Faction) Tattoo Chances" Worth keeping? do you just keep it at 100%

It was from a time period when having overlays on a NPC was considered abnormal. *funny how I consider it the opposite now (everyone requires an overlay of some sort)

also I will add a zero option to "bah bah Tattoo Modifier Options"

also is there any options you want me to remove, tweak, or expand?

btw while writing this, I notice the Body Hair Hair

20231124141902_1.jpg

so current plans,

1. I am looking to change some of my overlays to get some more unique overlays as well as changing some of the more bad overlays. *which will involved changing some of the strings

2. I might do the above (other leveled list items) *see the reply in the first quote

1 hour ago, Invictusblade said:

2. have a certain script attached that will automatically equips the armor when added.

and about adding other stuff such as jewelry, it becomes a "when does the mod stop" (and I already have a problem with feature creep) *however what I can do is the following.

I might add another leveled list that is added to NPCs that you can add armors to (via Fo4edit or creation kit) *I will add instructions as well **also it will be simple as possible

so read my post below, I have fixed it for the upcoming update, so it was kinda grandfathered in, and I had completely forgotten about it until I looked into changing the order of the tattoo's

so current plans,

1. I am looking to change some of my overlays to get some more unique overlays as well as changing some of the more bad overlays. *which will involved changing some of the strings

2. I might do the above (other leveled list items) *see the reply in the first quote

I tried so hard to reset the distribution after changing the chances but it didn't work. I removed robco ini saved the game then put it back (according to Zzzz removing the ini will also removes any injected object). I even made a new armor in a new plugin and attached the script to it (changed the self property) before injection but still nothing (onInit event shows that the new armor was injected). I only found two KW checks and none of them was returning true (NPC never got any overlay).
Is there a way to reset the distribution ? i know it sounds stupid but when the container change event fires exactly ? on load game or on 3d load ?...

Edited by lee3310
13 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

I tried so hard to reset the distribution after changing the chances but it didn't work. I removed robco ini saved the game then put it back (according to Zzzz removing the ini will also removes any injected object). I even made a new armor in a new plugin and attached the script to it (changed the self property) before injection but still nothing (onInit event shows that the new armor was injected). I only found two KW checks and none of them was returning true (NPC never got any overlay).
Is there a way to reset the distribution ? i know it sounds stupid but when the container change event fires exactly ? on load game or on 3d load ?...

are you visiting new NPC's? or revisiting old NPC's?

11 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

A separate mod for injecting clothing/armor into actors at random would probably make more sense, it could even just be a handful of RobCo patcher config since that can already add arbitrary forms to existing leveled lists. I don't think it needs a plugin at all unless you want to get fancy with it.

So, finnaly I'm going to say, that MCM settings/tunings is too complicated. Didn't fully understand the difference between General and Basic. I installed ROF w/o factional function. 

Nevertheless I'm going to update my overlays with 20 scars and 5 stretchmarks. I tried to test em (scars overlays) on last ROF version and added as second array in Scars (Quests). Didn't work, but after a while I found that if I switch on appropriate bodypart slider for Tatoos. ASO brands from first array are showing. But not my. 

On the other side, I was planning change Bithmark overlays to another type. So I can replace all Birthmark ovls to 20 Scars. So you'll have to change the name on that section. Blemishes or Cicatrix, or something like that... I hope I'll finish my update in a couple days. So I'll send you asap. plus edited INVB...esp.

8 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Old ones, that's why i wanted to retrigger the distribution, cause i don't want to start a new game.

because it has already been spawned, (I believe I explained this elsewhere, maybe not to you) *also to prevent issues with doubling up on overlays, I add a keyword to every NPC who gets a chance of an overlay so it doesn't trigger again. (you can remove said keyword via MCM Command and redo the overlays on a NPC)

5 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

because it has already been spawned, (I believe I explained this elsewhere, maybe not to you) *also to prevent issues with doubling up on overlays, I add a keyword to every NPC who gets a chance of an overlay so it doesn't trigger again. (you can remove said keyword via MCM Command and redo the overlays on a NPC)

So the event only fires when the NPC spawns (onload), similar to oninit() (only fires once for unique actors). Then it's not possible to retrigger the distribution for many actors without starting a new game. 

Since all the calls will eventually be made to the same function/script (quest script), any side effects on getting all loaded refs in a refColl and add new armor to them in a loop ?  should i add a delay ?

PS

I checked the KW on NPCs and didn't find it, the cycle MCM function works on them.

Edited by lee3310
On 12/1/2023 at 5:24 AM, Jeffey67 said:

One more bug. Last version works until one save session. After reloading I have to RESTART ROF MSM from "uninstallation commands" from MSM. Refresh Rof doesn't helps. Only "Restart" command. 

I will have a look

On 11/30/2023 at 3:34 PM, lee3310 said:

So the event only fires when the NPC spawns (onload), similar to oninit() (only fires once for unique actors). Then it's not possible to retrigger the distribution for many actors without starting a new game. 

Since all the calls will eventually be made to the same function/script (quest script), any side effects on getting all loaded refs in a refColl and add new armor to them in a loop ?  should i add a delay ?

PS

I checked the KW on NPCs and didn't find it, the cycle MCM function works on them.

I will have a look at alternative distribution for existing NPC's

I will try to post an update tomorrow

Changelog

v2.430
---------------------------------
Added Skin override Defaults (for example you might want Children of Atom to have not quite ghoul-ish skin)
Changed Modifiers to have a disable option
Changed the script to remove the body conditions and Hairs from the Tattoo Modifier.
Removed several useless scripts from BA2 and source files
Removed several useless quests and aid objects.
Added several overlays to unique overlays and reworked the MCM to suit the changes (moved it to the last option)

Added the changes to Porc Overlays

*and might be adding support to Cheri LooksMenu Overlays *assuming the author say yes

4 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

I will try to post an update tomorrow

Changelog

v2.430
---------------------------------
Added Skin override Defaults (for example you might want Children of Atom to have not quite ghoul-ish skin)
Changed Modifiers to have a disable option
Changed the script to remove the body conditions and Hairs from the Tattoo Modifier.
Removed several useless scripts from BA2 and source files
Removed several useless quests and aid objects.
Added several overlays to unique overlays and reworked the MCM to suit the changes (moved it to the last option)

Added the changes to Porc Overlays

*and might be adding support to Cheri LooksMenu Overlays *assuming the author say yes

Will require a new game i suppose (or clean save) otherwise the papyrus log will be flooded with warnings about missing stuff. There is no way around it alas.

Great mod! Thank You!

I noticed that overlays from the group Body Hair are never selected, tested on Raiders and Minuteman near Museum of Freedom.

Overlay mod MaleBodies is installed, I can see overlay names in the list using array command.

I also tried to insert those overlays into Pubic Hair Quests, then they appear.

But not when they are only Body Hair Quests.

Also, short names (without numbers) seems don't work, had to use full names.

I just installed this mod and a bunch of required tats/overlays/pubs - but I am so far not seeing it.
Did i read the few previous comments correctly - these will not apply to NPC I've already met in the world? In other words - is this requiring a new game, or is there some mechanism that would allow to populate throughout the world mid-game?

Or am I missing something and there's another way?

13 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Will require a new game i suppose (or clean save) otherwise the papyrus log will be flooded with warnings about missing stuff. There is no way around it alas.

no, most of the scripts, I have removed were already removed or render useless but I haven't removed them from the BA2. that is what I meant.

12 hours ago, ZubZaZub said:

Great mod! Thank You!

I noticed that overlays from the group Body Hair are never selected, tested on Raiders and Minuteman near Museum of Freedom.

Overlay mod MaleBodies is installed, I can see overlay names in the list using array command.

I also tried to insert those overlays into Pubic Hair Quests, then they appear.

But not when they are only Body Hair Quests.

Also, short names (without numbers) seems don't work, had to use full names.

I will have a look

a couple of questions

1. do you have factions enabled? (with the factions MCM installed)

2. what are your chances of getting body hair?

5 hours ago, the.witcher said:

I just installed this mod and a bunch of required tats/overlays/pubs - but I am so far not seeing it.
Did i read the few previous comments correctly - these will not apply to NPC I've already met in the world? In other words - is this requiring a new game, or is there some mechanism that would allow to populate throughout the world mid-game?

Or am I missing something and there's another way?

so I believe that both SPID and Robco Patcher work on spawn.

but I will look into it (maybe I am wrong about something)

also I am looking into a batch overlay refresh but it is not looking good at the moment

Edited by Invictusblade

the update has been delayed for bug fixing,

I need to find out if the issue is something I created or already existing.

could someone (who has both the dead body fixer and ROF installed) check out Jalbert Brothers Disposal (because I found some issues there) *Invisible Bodies and no overlays

Edited by Invictusblade

I found a workaround (not ideal) to just manually add overlays to existing encountered NPC using the hotkeys.

I am trying to understand the sliders and their order better.

Correct me if I am wrong, but:

General slider applies to everything UNLESS that thing is in faction, where faction specific sliders take precedence? And if that's the case, what about missing sliders for factions, for example General has "Body hair overlays" whilst factions have only "tattoo chances" and some toggle settings? I don't understand what these x1/x2/x3/x4 things do?

Spoiler

20231205105509_1.thumb.jpg.47e9f0570d224ee4ec3a06ca7d8306a8.jpg20231205105512_1.thumb.jpg.d0867303688c9dc05ed090edb073e385.jpg20231205105017_1.thumb.jpg.9d329c6bf31ef52b96af6958c8308946.jpg20231205105029_1.thumb.jpg.1eb65f41cdf59ddebe369494daf8efb1.jpg20231205105006_1.thumb.jpg.86f7505adce7f9401080d95d030f4bd6.jpg

Edited by the.witcher
corrected spoiler/screenshot
5 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

I will have a look

a couple of questions

1. do you have factions enabled? (with the factions MCM installed)

2. what are your chances of getting body hair?

1. Yes. Disallowing factional overlays makes no changes.

2. Set chances are 50% in Basic MCM and x2(Dirty) in Factional MCM. Also tried other numbers and options. Real chances of getting Body Hair are always zero.

8 minutes ago, the.witcher said:

I found a workaround (not ideal) to just manually add overlays to existing encountered NPC using the hotkeys.

I am trying to understand the sliders and their order better.

Correct me if I am wrong, but:

General slider applies to everything UNLESS that thing is in faction, where faction specific sliders take precedence? And if that's the case, what about missing sliders for factions, for example General has "Body hair overlays" whilst factions have only "tattoo chances" and some toggle settings? I don't understand what these x1/x2/x3/x4 things do?

Reveal hidden contents

20231205105509_1.thumb.jpg.47e9f0570d224ee4ec3a06ca7d8306a8.jpg20231205105512_1.thumb.jpg.d0867303688c9dc05ed090edb073e385.jpg20231205105017_1.thumb.jpg.9d329c6bf31ef52b96af6958c8308946.jpg20231205105029_1.thumb.jpg.1eb65f41cdf59ddebe369494daf8efb1.jpg20231205105006_1.thumb.jpg.86f7505adce7f9401080d95d030f4bd6.jpg

so general options (the one shown) has the master option (this controls every overlay)

and then in faction options (the Tattoo Chances effects the NPC chances of getting an overlay (it will soon only affect Tattoo overlays (it is effecting every overlay at the moment).

so here is the process

1. finds which faction the NPC belongs to and activates that factions manager scripted event (or it will just use the general overlay manager)

2. this manager will have a chance(under captive tattoo chances) to activate the overlays or it will stop. *this step will also decide which overlays will be activated.

3. then overlays will be activated in turn with a modifier(Captive Tattoo Modifier Option)

4. done

about the overlay chance with modifier

so lets use Body Hair for example

your default overlay chance is 75%

your captive body hair modifier is 3x

so 3 x 75 = 225% chance of getting body hair for captives

2 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

so general options (the one shown) has the master option (this controls every overlay)

and then in faction options (the Tattoo Chances effects the NPC chances of getting an overlay (it will soon only affect Tattoo overlays (it is effecting every overlay at the moment).

so here is the process

1. finds which faction the NPC belongs to and activates that factions manager scripted event (or it will just use the general overlay manager)

2. this manager will have a chance(under captive tattoo chances) to activate the overlays or it will stop. *this step will also decide which overlays will be activated.

3. then overlays will be activated in turn with a modifier(Captive Tattoo Modifier Option)

4. done

about the overlay chance with modifier

so lets use Body Hair for example

your default overlay chance is 75%

your captive body hair modifier is 3x

so 3 x 75 = 225% chance of getting body hair for captives

Thank you for the super swift reply.

This clarifies a lot - may I suggest you put it on the main page under instructions/FAQ section?

Now I know how to, more or less, tweak these to what I want :)

so I fixed the bug, I was having

it was a test that I made (but forgot about) to see what happens when you don't have an armor addon on an armor piece. (answer = it doesn't work)

*I have been playing a fair bit of Alan Wake 2 so I was focused on that.

also I don't really play Fallout 4 that often anymore *but it is a lot more than I played Starfield and Baldurs Gate 3 in recent weeks.

also the update will be delayed until I decide what to do with corpse options (and skin overrides) (I also have an idea for everyone to get overlays but it will be messy)

*so one thing about the Jalbert Brothers Disposal location is that the Dead Children of Atom NPC's don't have a faction attached (because they are dead so it is not needed) so they use the general options.

(btw this is coming from the fact that I have been playing around with skin overrides on Factions (having old skin(lesser version of ghoul) on Children of Atom))

did I tell anyone, that I am a victim of "Feature Creep"