so any issues with the latest version?

so I will be posting a minor update in the future, not sure when (I am working on some overlays for my overlay mod) *this may take a little while

I will be trying to make more unique tattoos for each faction. as well as reworking some of the existing overlays

update-> I am doing a near complete overhaul of my overlay mod, so you will lose some overlays if you are using my overlay mod

another update-> I am getting there with the overlays, and as a test, I decided to add all of my female overlays to the male side, and some of them have become rather homoerotic. (I will be keeping them because of a couple of reasons, I am lazy and I can imagine certain scenarios when these tattoos have a place)

also the overlay mod will take a bit longer because I would like to add more faction based overlays.

such as Railroad, BoS, DLC Factions.

Edited by Invictusblade

so I have been working on some more overlays

some are good and some are bad

so I made the following...

hand tattoos (in several different styles, Text (such as Love & Hate or Love Fist)

Institute logo tattoo's

defacement of Institute logo for Railroad faction (I decided on doing a simple railway over the logo as opposed to a simple cross)

Silver Shroud

Abraxo logo

simple crystal design

Barcodes

future overlays

I am thinking of recreating of the ingame brands as overlays such as Abraxo(above) and Corvega)

simple oily paint on parts of the body (for Raiders and Gunners) *basically stripes on the body

simple coloured paint on parts of the body (for Raiders (I was thinking of the Pack)) *basically stripes on the body

does anyone have any ideas for a good and simple overlay design for NPC's?

Screenshot_021824_054601_PM.jpg

Screenshot_021824_054615_PM.jpg

Edited by Invictusblade

quick question,

which is better?

Screenshot_022024_032142_PM.jpg.211adf94906f45c5f646b112b380db18.jpg

two different designs (one is straight and ordered, and the other is more organic) *I should make both better

I was thinking of doing a simple Cross over the top of the it but a railway symbol is more iconic

also it doesn't mean that it is a tattoo but it is meant to be makeup(or marker) defacing an institute Tattoo

2 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

quick question,

which is better?

two different designs (one is straight and ordered, and the other is more organic) *I should make both better

I was thinking of doing a simple Cross over the top of the it but a railway symbol is more iconic

also it doesn't mean that it is a tattoo but it is meant to be makeup(or marker) defacing an institute Tattoo

the right one

3 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

quick question,

which is better?

the right one

On 2/20/2024 at 3:41 PM, Invictusblade said:

quick question,

which is better?

left one

I have been a little bit lazy this week so I haven't done that much work

but I suppose that I could do both (I need to remake both designs)

Left = an uniform design with a bit more detail

right = a lot more smoother look that looks like it was done by fingers (makeup defacing a tattoo)

On 2/21/2024 at 11:04 PM, Invictusblade said:

I have been a little bit lazy this week so I haven't done that much work

but I suppose that I could do both (I need to remake both designs)

Left = an uniform design with a bit more detail

right = a lot more smoother look that looks like it was done by fingers (makeup defacing a tattoo)

Thank you for all your hard work my friend :)  I haven't played with ROF in a while but it seems that the mod is getting some interesting updates.

so I am getting a new computer so I will be delayed in posting anything about the new overlays (and the future patch to suit)

it may take a week or two for me to get back into modding

update-> I was expecting it on Monday or so, but it came today (half a hour ago) so my weekend is set. (I think there is a lot of work ahead of me)

Edited by Invictusblade
11 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

so I am getting a new computer so I will be delayed in posting anything about the new overlays (and the future patch to suit)

update-> I was expecting it on Monday or so, but it came today (half a hour ago) so my weekend is set. (I think there is a lot of work ahead of me)

It seems to me would be better to little bit lower saturation in color tattooes for more realistic looking. 

13 hours ago, Jeffey67 said:

It seems to me would be better to little bit lower saturation in color tattooes for more realistic looking. 

I will have a look at this when I get back into the overlays,

just playing with the new computer

On 2/29/2024 at 6:29 PM, Invictusblade said:

What are the specs? Are you doing anything special with it? VR? AI? :D

10 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

I had a 9900k with a 2080

now, I have a 7800x3d with a 4090

Wow those are some beefy specs, good job! Can we expect some AI-powered mods from you in the future then? 😛

Can't wait for the upcoming update. Your mods are really great and randomizes everything because it's always boring to have NPCs having same looks (aka no tats). Since you are doing an overhaul, would it be still safe to update your mod mid-save when the overhaul comes out?

Finally, I read "Tattoos Collection by Dreivor 1221.1" - I'm currently using 1922, would it cause any issues? That mod is receiving occasional updates, it's currently on 'TCD22' version.

As for your question in regards to America Rising 2 (btw, try Fens Sheriff's Department 2 too!), I just couldn't see any members of said faction to have tattoos. What category do they fall under? 'Settlers'?

Regardless, I believe it would be better if both those factions had official support with this mod so that I could finely tune how many tats and other stuff they should have. Just an idea. :)

And, finally, I was wondering if there are plans to add more options on genders. For example, I would like to have Female Raiders to have X tattoos but Male Raiders to have less than tattoos than female raiders.

Edited by georgechalkias
21 hours ago, georgechalkias said:

Can't wait for the upcoming update. Your mods are really great and randomizes everything because it's always boring to have NPCs having same looks (aka no tats). Since you are doing an overhaul, would it be still safe to update your mod mid-save when the overhaul comes out?

so I am not doing an overhaul of ROF but my texture overlay mod (with tattoos and stuff) and part of this will remove some of the active overlays from my overlay mod (because I am renaming everything)

Finally, I read "Tattoos Collection by Dreivor 1221.1" - I'm currently using 1922, would it cause any issues? That mod is receiving occasional updates, it's currently on 'TCD22' version.

so I am supporting his free nexus mods and not his patreon overlays (unless someone can tell me the names of them)

As for your question in regards to America Rising 2 (btw, try Fens Sheriff's Department 2 too!), I just couldn't see any members of said faction to have tattoos. What category do they fall under? 'Settlers'?

Regardless, I believe it would be better if both those factions had official support with this mod so that I could finely tune how many tats and other stuff they should have. Just an idea. :)

I will have a look, they should be under General overlay options (or custom options) *so they should not be in any of the faction lists

while proper support is possible but highly unlikely because there is an insane amount of factions in other mods. so I would like to keep it to the base game factions.

And, finally, I was wondering if there are plans to add more options on genders. For example, I would like to have Female Raiders to have X tattoos but Male Raiders to have less than tattoos than female raiders.

I will have a look at this for the next update

so news about the computer, it is ready for me to start modding again but it is going to take a little bit of effort to actually start modding again. (it is amazing how quickly you can lose focus on mods) *also I really really need to start cleaning up my fallout 4 modlist

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

so the overhaul of the overlay mod is nearly done. so a couple of things have changed in the main ROF mod

1. I added a gender option to each faction (percentage chance of a gender getting an overlay)

2. I reworked the unique overlays into additional option (it adds the unique overlay to other overlays choices) *this might have issues that I will look into

3. Unique overlays have been changed into faction logos (or symbols) *for example Gunners might get crosshair tattoos (or skulls) on them

4. so some of the Railroad unique overlays will go over the top of institute overlays.

also because some of the factions don't particularly have a logo or symbol (such as Settlers and Custom) I will be removing the unique MCM option for them. (unless anyone have an idea for a common logo or symbol for those two)

update-> I decided to produce some transparent versions of Raider and Gunner overlays and add them to the settler list (they might be former raider or Gunners) *also I added minutemen overlays to Raiders and Gunners. (for the same reason)

I will post some screenshots in the near future of the new overlays

Edited by Invictusblade
Posted (edited)

so the mod is nearly ready to be posted, edit-> I will try to post it tomorrow (Monday 25th)

just some more tweaking to do (I did the male overlays today (mostly readjusted versions of the female overlays)) *and added more than a few Penis Tattoos

also I might be adding a priority page to ROF MCM (which will decide the order of overlays on a body)

it will have four options (at the moment)

1. Hair

2. Skin

3. Tattoo's

4. Makeup (or over the top of everything else)

Or it will be a future update (I will make the changes now but leave the MCM options til later)

edit-> two of the reasons, why I am slowing down with this mod

1. I have been sorting out weapon mods (bloody hell, there is a lot of them)

2. I have been playing around with Neon Nights (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/78390)

(been making animated textures-ish using work from one of my favourite artists (https://www.deviantart.com/henrik-drake)) *I will NOT be posting this (my personal use only)

Edited by Invictusblade

v2.460

---------------------------------

overhaul of my overlay mod (Female and Male overlays have been added as well as unique faction overlays for most of the factions)

reworked how unique overlays work (it can be added to any tattoo style (under or over the tattoos)

added gendered options to each faction (chance for each gender in a faction)

added Priority options to MCM (this controls which order the overlays appear)

added support for this mod Oppressor's Tattoo - Vol 03 (Joker) (CBBE) (4K) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/78767

here is an example of an Institute scientist with an Institute logo on her breast

(see above for more examples)

Screenshot 2024-03-25 212318.png

This mod has come so far and well on its way to becoming one of the all time greatest! Congratulations!

That being said, I'm having some problems, though. I´m not seeing overlays on NPCs. Let me elaborate a bit:

• I´m using MO2 V2.5.0
  • Built Bodytalk 3 v 3.8 Uncut and Fusion Girl Nude 1.80 with zero slider in Body Slide
  • Fomod:

I´m using the Robco Race - Spell (recommended) option in the FOMOD -> Basic MCM -> Dead body fixer and deadinvisiblebodiesfix -> Allow -> all overlays except color tribal -> Additional pubic hair and Pubes Forever and Cbbe Pubic Hair Overlays -> Nothing -> My Personal selection -> Nothing

• Tested the overlays by opening Looksmenu and applying them on male and female player character- they all work
  • I'm using the default settings in the ROF MCM and I test on new game every time
  • Wounds on dead bodies ARE showing

I´m not confident that I completely understand the debugger information streaming, but I think it shows the various categories of overlays being distributed. But the overlays don't show up on NPCs (except for wounds on dead people).

How can I troubleshoot further?

Left side of MO2:

Spoiler

Leftl.jpg

Plugins.txt:

Spoiler

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*BakaFramework.esm
*MaleBodies.esm
*BodyTalk3-RaiderNormalsFix.esl
*More Pubic Hair.esl
*Op_Tattoo_Overlays_CBBE_Vol_03.esl
*porcOverlays.esl
*porcPubes.esl
*TCDeyes.esp
*AAF.esm
*INVB_OverlayFramework.esp
*StartMeUp.esp
*RAW INPUT.esp
*StartMeUpShaunDefaultAppearance.esp
*StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch.esp
*IntroTweaks.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*FusionGirl.esp
*DiverseBodies.esp
*Patch AAF - DiverseBodies.esp
ZeX-BodyGen-F.esp
ZeX-BodyGen-M.esp
*ZeX-InGameSliders.esp
*FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
*LanayaFacial.esp
*TatsAfterRape.esp
*TCD.esp
*TCDM.esp
*WhippedAndBranded.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
*ws_pubes.esp
*ASOAstinsSkinOverlays(Blk).esp
*ASOAstinsSkinOverlays(Brands).esp
*Dead Body Fixer.esp
*INVB_OverlayFramework_DeadOverlays.esp
*LewdMarks.esp
*LMBTOverlays.esp
*lnrLMFO4AllInOne-AdditionalPubicHairOverlays.esp
*lnrLMFO4AllInOne-PubesForeverOverlays.esp
*Render Tattoos.esp
*RutahTattooPack_FO4.esp
*SlaveTattoos.esp
*Svbtats.esp
*TCD_TCDM_ROF.esp
*TCDOverlays.esp
*TCDOverlaysSET.esp
*INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_Invictusblade.esp
*INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_Invictusblade_M.esp

Edited by mindgame
changed picture
7 hours ago, mindgame said:

This mod has come so far and well on its way to becoming one of the all time greatest! Congratulations!

That being said, I'm having some problems, though. I´m not seeing overlays on NPCs. Let me elaborate a bit:

• I´m using MO2 V2.5.0
  • Built Bodytalk 3 v 3.8 Uncut and Fusion Girl Nude 1.80 with zero slider in Body Slide
  • Fomod:

I´m using the Robco Race - Spell (recommended) option in the FOMOD -> Basic MCM -> Dead body fixer and deadinvisiblebodiesfix -> Allow -> all overlays except color tribal -> Additional pubic hair and Pubes Forever and Cbbe Pubic Hair Overlays -> Nothing -> My Personal selection -> Nothing

• Tested the overlays by opening Looksmenu and applying them on male and female player character- they all work
  • I'm using the default settings in the ROF MCM and I test on new game every time
  • Wounds on dead bodies ARE showing

I´m not confident that I completely understand the debugger information streaming, but I think it shows the various categories of overlays being distributed. But the overlays don't show up on NPCs (except for wounds on dead people).

How can I troubleshoot further?

Left side of MO2:

Reveal hidden contents

Leftl.jpg

Plugins.txt:

Reveal hidden contents

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*BakaFramework.esm
*MaleBodies.esm
*BodyTalk3-RaiderNormalsFix.esl
*More Pubic Hair.esl
*Op_Tattoo_Overlays_CBBE_Vol_03.esl
*porcOverlays.esl
*porcPubes.esl
*TCDeyes.esp
*AAF.esm
*INVB_OverlayFramework.esp
*StartMeUp.esp
*RAW INPUT.esp
*StartMeUpShaunDefaultAppearance.esp
*StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch.esp
*IntroTweaks.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*FusionGirl.esp
*DiverseBodies.esp
*Patch AAF - DiverseBodies.esp
ZeX-BodyGen-F.esp
ZeX-BodyGen-M.esp
*ZeX-InGameSliders.esp
*FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
*LanayaFacial.esp
*TatsAfterRape.esp
*TCD.esp
*TCDM.esp
*WhippedAndBranded.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
*ws_pubes.esp
*ASOAstinsSkinOverlays(Blk).esp
*ASOAstinsSkinOverlays(Brands).esp
*Dead Body Fixer.esp
*INVB_OverlayFramework_DeadOverlays.esp
*LewdMarks.esp
*LMBTOverlays.esp
*lnrLMFO4AllInOne-AdditionalPubicHairOverlays.esp
*lnrLMFO4AllInOne-PubesForeverOverlays.esp
*Render Tattoos.esp
*RutahTattooPack_FO4.esp
*SlaveTattoos.esp
*Svbtats.esp
*TCD_TCDM_ROF.esp
*TCDOverlays.esp
*TCDOverlaysSET.esp
*INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_Invictusblade.esp
*INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_Invictusblade_M.esp

so here is a couple of things to do right now.

1. out of game = go here-> C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\F4SE\ and upload RobCo_Patcher.txt to here

2. in game, either click "Toggle Group Distributor" or click "Cycle Overlays on NPC" or "Cycle Overlays on a group of NPC" and see if that works

3. do number 3 of my signature under the spoiler while playing the game (and select the "Enable - Traces Only" option in Debug Messages)

but I am not sure at the moment, so try those

15 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

so here is a couple of things to do right now.

1. out of game = go here-> C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\F4SE\ and upload RobCo_Patcher.txt to here

2. in game, either click "Toggle Group Distributor" or click "Cycle Overlays on NPC" or "Cycle Overlays on a group of NPC" and see if that works

3. do number 3 of my signature under the spoiler while playing the game (and select the "Enable - Traces Only" option in Debug Messages)

but I am not sure at the moment, so try those

I have tried "Toggle Group Distributor" or click "Cycle Overlays on NPC" or "Cycle Overlays on a group of NPC", but it doesn't work.

Papyrus log:

Spoiler

Robco_patcher.log:

po3_SpellPerkItemDistributorF4.log:

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mindgame said:

I have tried "Toggle Group Distributor" or click "Cycle Overlays on NPC" or "Cycle Overlays on a group of NPC", but it doesn't work.

Papyrus log:

Robco_patcher.log:

po3_SpellPerkItemDistributorF4.log:

maybe I broke the armor manager when I made the recent changes, (I thought that the changes wouldn't change them) *so I didn't test them

can you go to the last page of MCM and set "Distributor Quests or Armor" to Quest (because it looks like you are using the armor version) and see if that works

because from the looks of it, the mod is working and NPCs are getting overlays.

can you click or hotkey "Show Overlays on NPC" on some NPCs and post screenshots of the results.

Edited by Invictusblade

so I was watching the first episode of "The Cleaner" (a BBC show about a crime scene cleaner by Greg Davies, would highly recommend)

and I saw this comment in the show

Screenshot2024-03-28210022.png.b9983429c619b955d394f59506f1998f.png

so I will doing a bit more work on the overlay mod. so I will be adding treasure map theme tattoo's (because why not) (X marks the spot)