On 1/15/2024 at 3:26 PM, evp said:

Here's something else I've noticed. Before the last update, I could edit slaves captured within the JustBusiness_0.7.6 mod via LooksMenu. You know, there's a dialog option there that opens the slave in the editor. The slave appears in the editor completely undressed.

I have three slave girls that follow me around like companions. For some reason after updating your mod, these slaves did not get the overlays. This in itself is not a problem that needs to be fixed immediately. But then strange things started happening.

I open these slaves in LooksMenu with the intention of giving them overlays, but 5-10 seconds after I start editing, they start having random overlays, probably inspired by your mod. Also, they suddenly start equipping armor on them. This happens even if I took all their armor from their inventory beforehand. And one more oddity. The overlays they get automatically are visible visually on their body, but they are not marked in the corresponding LooksMenu options. And thus I can't remove these overlays. Moreover, my manually assigned overlays are applied in the editor, but after closing it, the slaves are left with only the automatically applied overlays.

It's definitely not what you'd like - Random Overlay Framework working inside LooksMenu?

I am not sure, the slave might have started existing (it can get a bit weird with NPCs from that mod but I haven't had a proper look yet)

On 1/15/2024 at 3:26 PM, evp said:

PS. The fucking problem with invisible bodies still hasn't been completely solved, though it's largely bought down. Oddly enough, sometimes my slave girls disappear right in front of my eyes. It seems a bit shocking. I look at her and suddenly she dissolves. If she's not wearing armor, I can only guess about the presence of a slave next to me because the sight, accidentally aimed at such a slave, goes into the mode of the possibility of dialogue.

Do you understand? Usually in the disappearing bodies bug, the head and hands remain visible. The same thing happens to my slaves. However, sometimes they disappear completely. Not even the head and hands are visible.

except that my invisible DEAD body fixer fixes the issue with DEAD Bodies,

living bodies is a different matter all together. (and I have no idea)

so I should be posting the newest version tomorrow sometime. (so Friday afternoon my time)

it is very minor

1. removed extensions from the checklist (it should check for all three for each mod (ESM, ESP, and ESL)) *someone did have an issue with them

2. from above, I removed a couple of double up's. (had both ESP and ESL of the same mod)

3. move the Group Distributor to the Distributor page and added a hotkey and two options (time(ingame minutes) and distance(ingame units)

v2.450
---------------------------------

removed extensions from the checklist (it should check for all three for each mod (ESM, ESP, and ESL)) *someone did have an issue with them

also, I removed a couple of double up's. (had both ESP and ESL of the same mod)

I moved the Group Distributor to the Distributor page and added a hotkey and two options (time(ingame minutes) and distance(ingame units)

also I change some of the debug script to use the debug message option (so if you are using 'Disabled' then you will not see any messages)

Please make sure that the updater is working because this update will cause issues with non-updated games. *click "Force Random Overlay Framework Update"

btw any custom overrides of the overlays will require changing to suit the new script so removing ESM/ESP/ESL from each of the overlay script

*if you don't know what I am talking about, then it doesn't apply to you

update-> I will have a look at the debug messages a bit more because I am kinda unhappy about the option, (I will think about it) *it is far too excessive

New Update-> v2.450a

I reworked the Debug Messages into several choices

"Disable", "Enable - Traces Only", "Enable - Distributor", "Enable - Overlays", "Enable - Chances", "Enable - Debug", "Enable - All"

The existing messages should be sorted into those fields. (btw Trace messages(seen on Papyrus Logs) will work on all options except "Disable")

Edited by Invictusblade

Hello, i have a question regarding the installer, version "2.450a".

For the "Armor or Quest" Tab, the options is to choose : Disallow/Allow/Allow (legacy). Going with "Disallow" only for having all the overlays required (like the whole list) ?

And the "Allow" option  is where i need to make a selection of the mods that i already have installed, but then the mod installs an ESL flagged ESP's as a replacer. wont that affect some mods like Tats after rape if the salve tattoos got flagged as esl ?

I really like ROF and my last playthrough used the 2.35b version with no issues, just want these questions answered so i clear up some confusion.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Kaptosh said:

Hello, i have a question regarding the installer, version "2.450a".

For the "Armor or Quest" Tab, the options is to choose : Disallow/Allow/Allow (legacy). Going with "Disallow" only for having all the overlays required (like the whole list) ?

And the "Allow" option  is where i need to make a selection of the mods that i already have installed, but then the mod installs an ESL flagged ESP's as a replacer. wont that affect some mods like Tats after rape if the salve tattoos got flagged as esl ?

I really like ROF and my last playthrough used the 2.35b version with no issues, just want these questions answered so i clear up some confusion.

Cheers

ok so there are two different ways that ROF overlays work

armor or script

armor gives an armor piece when used, it will give the NPC an overlay (this is legacy but is still useful for certain things such as vendors) but it requires a certain ESP/ESL to be installed.

script is the newest addition, and it uses an IF statement to see if an overlay mod is installed. (so you don't need to worry about load orders or requirements, just pick what you want from the list of requirements and install them)

and I don't know about Tats after Rape, (I haven't use it lately)

about the question

Disallow = no addon ESL/ESPs are installed

Allow = These addons will overwrite existing files

Allow(Legacy) = theses addons have a Pro-fix such as _ROF to files like "TCDeyes_ROF"

one more thing to be reminded of, some of these overlay mods were made before the additional of ESL to the game (so the default version might use a slot while my version doesn't)

52 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

ok so there are two different ways that ROF overlays work

armor or script

armor gives an armor piece when used, it will give the NPC an overlay (this is legacy but is still useful for certain things such as vendors) but it requires a certain ESP/ESL to be installed.

script is the newest addition, and it uses an IF statement to see if an overlay mod is installed. (so you don't need to worry about load orders or requirements, just pick what you want from the list of requirements and install them)

and I don't know about Tats after Rape, (I haven't use it lately)

about the question

Disallow = no addon ESL/ESPs are installed

Allow = These addons will overwrite existing files

Allow(Legacy) = theses addons have a Pro-fix such as _ROF to files like "TCDeyes_ROF"

one more thing to be reminded of, some of these overlay mods were made before the additional of ESL to the game (so the default version might use a slot while my version doesn't)

Thanks for the reply.

So basically installing the "Disallow" option will only use the ROF master plugin and it will work as intended with any of the overlays installed ?

3 hours ago, Kaptosh said:

Thanks for the reply.

So basically installing the "Disallow" option will only use the ROF master plugin and it will work as intended with any of the overlays installed ?

yes, I should think about changing the system but most of it is grandfathered in,

also the armor version is useful for a certain game idea (mainly if you wanted to purchase tattoos from vendors and use them on yourself)

11 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

the armor version is useful for a certain game idea (mainly if you wanted to purchase tattoos from vendors and use them on yourself)

That could, in theory, be done with a consumable (potion) that applies an effect tied to a Papyrus script which calls the Overlays API from LM. At least that's what I was planning to do with some custom tattoo rewards in one of my mods.

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

That could, in theory, be done with a consumable (potion) that applies an effect tied to a Papyrus script which calls the Overlays API from LM. At least that's what I was planning to do with some custom tattoo rewards in one of my mods.

it is already done, (I really should look for them in the vendor leveled lists)

but I am talking about a more precise control of overlays.

The ROF version is the area based potions such as 'Tattoo Gun Kit (Left Arm)' which contain all of the left arm tattoos

while the armors are more focused towards a particular set of overlays such as 'TCD Left Arm Tattoos Design'

I had an idea about using a concept from Planescape Torment. (in that game, you buy tattoo grafts for armor or bah and you can easily replace them at will)

1 hour ago, Invictusblade said:

I am talking about a more precise control of overlays.

Oh, you're relying on biped slot conflicts to avoid overlapping overlays? Though that seems unlikely since the player isn't going to want a tattoo to block them from wearing something else that covers the same slot. Or maybe I still have no idea what you mean.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Oh, you're relying on biped slot conflicts to avoid overlapping overlays? Though that seems unlikely since the player isn't going to want a tattoo to block them from wearing something else that covers the same slot. Or maybe I still have no idea what you mean.

so what I mean by saying more precise is that the certain quest "Left Arm" has 9 female overlay mods and 2 male overlay mods

so if you use the ROF left arm Tattoo Gun then it can choose any of those 9 / 2 overlays

while if you use the TCD Left arm Tattoo Gun then it can choose only the TCD overlays

so my original plan was an ongoing hunt for a particular set of tattoo's (by going to each vendor to see what they have) *but this plan has fallen to the wayside.

**this should still be possible but I have no idea if anyone actually wants to do this.

as for Biped slots, I don't think I had much problems with the chosen slots (but I could be wrong) *I haven't looked at this in ages.

11 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

so what I mean by saying more precise is that the certain quest "Left Arm" has 9 female overlay mods and 2 male overlay mods

so if you use the ROF left arm Tattoo Gun then it can choose any of those 9 / 2 overlays

while if you use the TCD Left arm Tattoo Gun then it can choose only the TCD overlays

so my original plan was an ongoing hunt for a particular set of tattoo's (by going to each vendor to see what they have) *but this plan has fallen to the wayside.

**this should still be possible but I have no idea if anyone actually wants to do this.

as for Biped slots, I don't think I had much problems with the chosen slots (but I could be wrong) *I haven't looked at this in ages.

Ah, okay. I guess I don't see why doing that with armors is any less precise than doing it with potions. Using either one emits events that can be caught in scripts as a signal to apply or remove specific overlays.

so I realise that I made a couple of mistakes (especially combined with the new update feature and renaming scheme)

so I will be posting a new update in the next hour or so

brief changelog

adding the unique and death overlays to the update cycle (I had forgotten about adding them to this part of the script until now)

adding two commands to the array menu (unique and Death)

10 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

so I realise that I made a couple of mistakes (especially combined with the new update feature and renaming scheme)

so I will be posting a new update in the next hour or so

brief changelog

adding the unique and death overlays to the update cycle (I had forgotten about adding them to this part of the script until now)

adding two commands to the array menu (unique and Death)

I'm a couple of versions behind (cause the mod is working and will start a new game soon) so i don't know if you changed it or not but is it possible to avoid storing Refs in script vars ? (outside of functions) or clear it after Overlay applied. IIRC the death armor will store the container ref in an Actor var and that will make it persistent. The game handles persistency very badly so if you plan on keeping a save for a very long time, it will end up corrupted (unloadable).

Edited by lee3310
8 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I'm a couple of versions behind (cause the mod is working and will start a new game soon) so i don't know if you changed it or not but is it possible to avoid storing Refs in script vars ? (outside of functions) or clear it after Overlay applied. IIRC the death armor will store the container ref in an Actor var and that will make it persistent. The game handles persistency very badly so if you plan on keeping a save for a very long time, it will end up corrupted (unloadable).

I will have a look

so a quick question,

do you want to ability to turn off one or more of the overlay mods?

for example, you might have to cancel my overlay mod (INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_Invictusblade.esp) for everyone but still keep it as an option for yourself in looksmenu

upcoming changelog v2.455

--------------------------

added the ability to toggle overlays(by mod) on or off *you will need to click force update after you made the selection. (there is a button at the top of the page)

so while writing this, I realise that I still have a couple of issues to resolve such as if you disable 'Captive Tattoo's' then "captive only tattoos" will not work.

Edited by Invictusblade
3 hours ago, Kalamaki22 said:

Sorry may have been asked before but can I use the body morphs in the options with zbg's morphs?

feel free to modify my bodygen to suit your needs, it will require an overhaul if you are using fusion girl because I normally use CBBE.

there are instructions elsewhere to do it (otherwise you can simply delete my bodygen files)

3 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

feel free to modify my bodygen to suit your needs, it will require an overhaul if you are using fusion girl because I normally use CBBE.

there are instructions elsewhere to do it (otherwise you can simply delete my bodygen files)

Thank you, I think I will remove them for now.  Great mod by the way.

7 hours ago, Kalamaki22 said:

Sorry may have been asked before but can I use the body morphs in the options with zbg's morphs?

I've you're looking for some more varied BodyGen configs for FG abd BT3, I think I attached examples to some comments in the ZBG support topic (or might have been in the FG support topic, I forget now). Was probably some time early last year. I can hunt them down later if you can't find them.

47 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I've you're looking for some more varied BodyGen configs for FG abd BT3, I think I attached examples to some comments in the ZBG support topic (or might have been in the FG support topic, I forget now). Was probably some time early last year. I can hunt them down later if you can't find them.

Thank you, somehow I have managed to shut zbg down for females on this play through; they all seem to have the same body as the PC.  Males is working and morphs via looks menu is also Ok, unsure what I have done.

4 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

One quick question, I guess I leave the option blank on the installation page pîck neither your morphs or disable?

I should be posting the next update in a short while, tomorrow

I am questioning the hand tattoos because they are a bit off putting. (Maybe I am wrong)

so what I am going to do is the following

I am adding a bool to the tattoo section (true to body parts and full. *FALSE to Pelvis and Tramp and other) which turns hand tattoo on or off. *I am still not sure

edit-> it is nearly finished but I have a minor bug with hands that I would like to resolve,

new edit-> it should be finished-ish, so I changed the hands to have two TCD choices (both hands or each hand) and one captive tattoo choice.

f_01 = TCD Left and Right Hand

f_02 = TCD Left OR Right Hand

f_03 = Captive Tattoo Both hands

btw I would recommend that you should keep the chances for hand tattoos fairly low because most of them will clash with most overlays.

but I should look into making some hand (and feet) overlays for my overlay mod. (I think I will stop playing Division 2 and GTA Online for a little while)

Edited by Invictusblade

v2.455

Added an overlay toggle MCM page (that allows you to enable or disable any of the overlay packages)

rework scripts to suit the changes above (if you are using the captive only Tattoo option and (either 1. don't have it or 2. disable it) then it will default to the standard tattoo option)

reworked the hand overlays to have a chance to get both TCD overlays on both hands or on one hand.

other minor changes to do with hands.

added a new file (not to FOMOD yet) that contains the blank forms for the overlay quests. (allows you to easily add content to the game) DO NOT USE THE ESP WITH THE GAME YET

here is a brief guide to the new 'Make your own content' file, (it does require a little bit of knowledge)

Screenshot_020224_064859_PM.jpg