5 hours ago, Dubhorizon said:

Surprisingly, the normal face seems to blend best. At least in my opinion.

I probability going to use the old skin because it doesn't require any extra work, (I was thinking that it is mainly for Children of Atom, it shows that they are slowly becoming ghouls)

I have been reading an Isekai manga where beauty has been reversed (so ugly people are considered beautiful and vice versa)

so it might be interesting as a game idea that you are the last beautiful human while everyone else is slowly becoming hideous (even the brotherhood of steel) *just an idea

so here is a question

so a lot of this mod is grandfathered from older versions, so some options may be pointless,

so is "General(and insert Faction) Tattoo Chances" Worth keeping? do you just keep it at 100%

It was from a time period when having overlays on a NPC was considered abnormal. *funny how I consider it the opposite now (everyone requires an overlay of some sort)

also I will add a zero option to "bah bah Tattoo Modifier Options"

also is there any options you want me to remove, tweak, or expand?

btw while writing this, I notice the Body Hair Hair

20231124141902_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Invictusblade said:

I will have a look (I did have issues with the pregnant sex slaves from WDF (and it something to do with names or something)

Weird, it should either work on all dead refs or none of them. I'm curious to know why you are suspecting names ? I would have said persistence (non-persistent refs causing problem).

PS

For the Tats global slider, i think it's a good idea to keep it if it controls unaffiliated NPCs chance (the ones not in the listed factions).

Edited by lee3310
1 minute ago, lee3310 said:

Weird, it should either works on all dead refs or none of them. I'm curious to know why you are suspecting names ? I would have said persistence (non-persistent refs causing problem).

PS

For the Tats global slider, i think it's a good idea to keep it if it controls unaffiliated NPCs chance (the ones not in the listed factions).

so in my other mod WDF,

so I decided to rework the dead pregnant victims into using a bodygen version rather than the static body meshes. (because I worked on the dead body fixer)

but overlays didn't work for some reason (it been a while so I cannot directly remember the issue and solution) but it might be because they were fake NPC's.

*so the solution had a side effect of renaming dead WDF NPC's into "Settler" (hence the names)

it is a weird one, but regardless I will be looking into the armor issue, it is a known issue but I thought I fixed it.

btw about the sliders, my image from above, I will rework the script because it was grandfathered into its new role.

Hey, I don't have any questions or problems at the moment, but I just wanted to thank you for developing and continuing to support/improve this mod. I'm still on v2.35b and I probably won't update until I start my next fresh playthrough (my load order is janky enough as-is, I don't want to mess anything up mid-game), which at the rate I'm going will probably be several months away.

IMO this is an absolutely essential mod, improving NPC variety to such an incredible degree that I would never want to go without it. I'm looking forward to future improvements, but I'm immensely grateful for all the time and effort you've put into this mod over the years already.

EDIT: About the tattoos in MCM options... I'm probably out-of-the-loop on all the recent/planned changes to the options, and in the version I'm using, I think faction-based MCM options are completely broken, so currently I have most sliders and settings set to very high and just have "the same wide variety" of options on all NPCs.

But what I wished for and what I'm hoping will be supported in newer versions is to be able to use the settings to achieve something like the following:

- Gunner faction has a high/very-high chance of having "simpler" tattoos, and trimmed pubic hair styles.

- Raider faction has a those simpler tattoos but also has medium/high chance of more elaborate full-body tattoos and slave tattoos, and some minor skin blemishes, and bushier pubic hair options.

- CoA faction has very few tattoos but high/very-high chance of multiple skin blemishes and whatever lesions/imperfections categories exist.

- All NPCs have a very low chance of being assigned any sort of random overlay (even if it's wildly outside the preceding "archetypes")

So in summary, I'm not sure how the "General" options interact with the "Faction-specific" options, but if the General ones can be used to "give a chance to override" the "Faction" options, then I think keeping that would be awesome.

However, I did find in my older version that there were so many options in MCM that it becomes very confusing and unclear, so I merely got things "good enough" and then stopped tweaking things. I do appreciate having a lot of options, but it does feel like maybe there were too many.

Edited by SquigglySwag
2 hours ago, SquigglySwag said:

Hey, I don't have any questions or problems at the moment, but I just wanted to thank you for developing and continuing to support/improve this mod. I'm still on v2.35b and I probably won't update until I start my next fresh playthrough (my load order is janky enough as-is, I don't want to mess anything up mid-game), which at the rate I'm going will probably be several months away.

IMO this is an absolutely essential mod, improving NPC variety to such an incredible degree that I would never want to go without it. I'm looking forward to future improvements, but I'm immensely grateful for all the time and effort you've put into this mod over the years already.

EDIT: About the tattoos in MCM options... I'm probably out-of-the-loop on all the recent/planned changes to the options, and in the version I'm using, I think faction-based MCM options are completely broken, so currently I have most sliders and settings set to very high and just have "the same wide variety" of options on all NPCs.

But what I wished for and what I'm hoping will be supported in newer versions is to be able to use the settings to achieve something like the following:

- Gunner faction has a high/very-high chance of having "simpler" tattoos, and trimmed pubic hair styles.

- Raider faction has a those simpler tattoos but also has medium/high chance of more elaborate full-body tattoos and slave tattoos, and some minor skin blemishes, and bushier pubic hair options.

- CoA faction has very few tattoos but high/very-high chance of multiple skin blemishes and whatever lesions/imperfections categories exist.

- All NPCs have a very low chance of being assigned any sort of random overlay (even if it's wildly outside the preceding "archetypes")

So in summary, I'm not sure how the "General" options interact with the "Faction-specific" options, but if the General ones can be used to "give a chance to override" the "Faction" options, then I think keeping that would be awesome.

However, I did find in my older version that there were so many options in MCM that it becomes very confusing and unclear, so I merely got things "good enough" and then stopped tweaking things. I do appreciate having a lot of options, but it does feel like maybe there were too many.

I will have a look at the faction issues, I haven't noticed any issues but I haven't been playing as much as I used to

also I will look into the unique tattoos and make some examples.

so one of the new changes is a fix to the tattoo chance (being a chance for everything) *Like I said before it was grandfathered in

17 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

I will have a look at the faction issues, I haven't noticed any issues but I haven't been playing as much as I used to

also I will look into the unique tattoos and make some examples.

so one of the new changes is a fix to the tattoo chance (being a chance for everything) *Like I said before it was grandfathered in

Oh I appreciate it, but please don't waste time investigating anything on my behalf. As I mentioned, I'm using an older version, so it's probably already fixed in your later version(s).

(I realize that by continuing to use an old version, I'm perpetuating exactly what I don't want which is for you to support outdated/grandfathered features needlessly. You should develop/improve your mod however you want, even if it means breaking/dropping support for older versions and requiring fresh saves.)

10 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I thought the invisible fix was already integrated into ROF

to use an Australian phrase, yeah nah

so yes, there is a fix inside ROF (one of the armors should get unequipped during the process which fixes the issue)

but no, it isn't the complete fix (incase if you want to quicksave and quickload around a corpse then you need the dead body fix)

6 hours ago, SquigglySwag said:

Oh I appreciate it, but please don't waste time investigating anything on my behalf. As I mentioned, I'm using an older version, so it's probably already fixed in your later version(s).

(I realize that by continuing to use an old version, I'm perpetuating exactly what I don't want which is for you to support outdated/grandfathered features needlessly. You should develop/improve your mod however you want, even if it means breaking/dropping support for older versions and requiring fresh saves.)

ok then

3 hours ago, DasKebab said:

image.png.643e65463f2b5c25471816345d6c2746.pngManaged to identify HR's captive faction, answer is none. Wonder if its possible to add them to captive faction

I will have a look but it might paid to look into making a Robco Patcher patch (I believe there is a faction adder to that)

so I finally have a selection of overlays for the unique section of the options. (I will be adding more overlays to my overlay mod)

but in doing so, I decided to rearrange where Unique is in the "bah bah Tattoo Options",

from this -> "Select the Tattoo Choice - Random, All, Lower Back & Pelvis, Full Bodied, Unique, Everything, Body Override(Removes Pubic Hair) or Nothing."

To this -> "Select the Tattoo Choice - Random, All, Lower Back & Pelvis, Full Bodied, Everything, Body Override(Removes Pubic Hair) or Nothing or Unique"

also if a faction doesn't have unique overlay system then the option will be removed.

so if you are using the following options then you will need to change it when the upcoming update happens. (for most users, you don't need to change anything)

Everything

Body Override

Nothing

13 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

to use an Australian phrase, yeah nah

so yes, there is a fix inside ROF (one of the armors should get unequipped during the process which fixes the issue)

but no, it isn't the complete fix (incase if you want to quicksave and quickload around a corpse then you need the dead body fix)

ok then

I will have a look but it might paid to look into making a Robco Patcher patch (I believe there is a faction adder to that)

I installed the Dead fix and and the difference is noticeable, no invisible dead corps so far (it was almost 100% of the time before installing the mod?

4 hours ago, DasKebab said:

image.png.643e65463f2b5c25471816345d6c2746.pngManaged to identify HR's captive faction, answer is none. Wonder if its possible to add them to captive faction

All HR slaves should use the same template IIRC, so just add it the faction you want.

On 11/22/2023 at 5:55 AM, Invictusblade said:

so what is the order of events in your game?

so do you repeat the overlay manager on NPC's?

which NPCs are affected?

Armor or Quest? which one? (check the MCM uninstallation page)

Do you mean the loading order? It should be here:

plugins.txt

It's visible with my actress, when I search through containers including the containers in which I store my things, but also a corpse. It not only affected the flashlights, but vanilla clothing with CCO Replacer, as described here.

Tested with Robco Armor and Robco Spell. Do you mean this?

5 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Do you mean the loading order? It should be here:

plugins.txt 9.38 kB · 1 download

It's visible with my actress, when I search through containers including the containers in which I store my things, but also a corpse. It not only affected the flashlights, but vanilla clothing with CCO Replacer, as described here.

Tested with Robco Armor and Robco Spell. Do you mean this?

send me screenshots

21 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

I have absolutely no idea, it shouldn't interact at all but I will have a look at NPC's and the player spawning those items,

but I cannot promise anything

Many thanks for your effort. If necessary, I'll continue to use version 2.35b.
By the way, if I just look at my actress's inventory, the (0) entries are completely gone, even though she is wearing the clothes. I see the clothes on the actress, but no longer in the inventory. The (0) entries also cannot be equipped.

Edited by deathmorph

I think i need some help: so far i didn't encounter a single NPC with random overlays, the chances are pretty high if you take into account the multipliers. I tried in a random dungeon, and none of the NPCs had an overlay. What's the best way to check if the mod is working ? and is it possible to redistribute the overlays ? I don't know how robco works exactly but it should inject the armor to all listed refs on each game load right ? is that enough to trigger the container change event ?

PS

The MCM cycle function doesn't always work too, it's weird but i have to change the debug setting for it to start working again. Not sure if it's a coincidence, something to do with MCM update event or a blocking state enabled in script. 

Edited by lee3310