17 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

so about bodyhair, can you post a picture of this on one of your NPCs (using the "Show Overlays on NPC" on MCM)

Reveal hidden contents

20230818195823_1.thumb.jpg.ef68ea41ab773e5af4ef4a7affe9a6c6.jpg

1. so Rust Devil might be covered under Raider(or General) if they were a bit bigger I would have added them but I usually forget about them. (they are pretty minor)

2. so they should be the following 1. Captives that are kept at some raider camps, 2. Nukaworld Captives (original purpose) (but I am questioning keeping them as an option)

*next update, I might switch to using Forms to keep factions and other content.

3. so All is kinda misnamed (it is the four limbs and front and back) as opposed to Full bodied (which is a single tattoo covering multiple parts of the body)

"Everything(Random)" is a randomise option with a choice of 1. All, 2. Full Bodied, 3. Pelvis and Tramp

"Everything(Random with Skin Override)" is a randomise option with a choice of 1. All, 2. Full Bodied, 3. Pelvis and Tramp, 4. Skin Override (or 'All' again if no Skin Overrides is detected)

"Everything(Random with Skin Override and Unique)" is a randomise option with a choice of 1. All, 2. Full Bodied, 3. Pelvis and Tramp, 4. Skin Override (or 'All' again if no Skin Overrides, 5. Unique (or 'All' again if no Uniques is detected)

4. about Hairs, it depends on the NPC, it should work on Unique NPCs and not Produced NPCs (such as Raiders or Slaves) *I will have a look at them

So here are the Screenshots of two Settlers:

Spoiler

20240102190603_1.thumb.jpg.db4912ab4e167c6eae416750b96db457.jpg20240102190813_1.thumb.jpg.2d9a28d831a2f07d2f5a5b90209f928c.jpg20240102190859_1.thumb.jpg.5a419b5e116bde5e539127898c9f1a00.jpg20240102190847_1.thumb.jpg.c466afb978e3106dea2d6e1b3d31a6b3.jpg

Thx for the answers. The Rust Devils are quiet present on my map. So for me it is an own fraction. I have to test it again, if I can catch / slave one again. But I once had the problem that they didn't get any tattoos as long as the faction system was on. I have to check this again, hence my question about the Rust Devils.

Because of the hair, I actually leave the unique NPCs as they are. The settlers and the slaves I catch from the raider fractions all look the same. It would be really good if you could give them a new hairstyle and get rid of the facepaint on their faces. But I think I read somewhere that Bethesda did something weird that it doesn't even work with the LooksMenu.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

There will be occasional (hopefully minor) stuttering/hitching as busy parts of the map load into view, but the disk cache should persist that data once loaded for the session. An easy way to see it is to stand on a tower and turn all the way around while looking at the horizon. You're likely to observe some very brief pauses on the first time around, but subsequent rotations will be much smoother.

At this point, running the new overlay version, the game is at least 95% better than it was with 2.00a, which was already phenomenal.  

Attached screens are inside the Museum, pubes on the male raider (Edit: NOT /Edit) from the NPC Male Bodies mod, also Marcie is now a painted lady.

ScreenShot1.png

ScreenShot2.png

Edited by Thndrwlkr
3 minutes ago, LoveBob said:

I think I read somewhere that Bethesda did something weird that it doesn't even work with the LooksMenu.

Yes, any generic NPCs templated from a "leveled actor" record rely on their own pre-built face pools which include face tints and hairstyle/color data. You can replace them with a tool like Face Ripper, but the individual NPCs themselves can't be edited with the techniques LooksMenu relies on.

4 hours ago, LoveBob said:

So here are the Screenshots of two Settlers:

Reveal hidden contents

20240102190603_1.thumb.jpg.db4912ab4e167c6eae416750b96db457.jpg20240102190813_1.thumb.jpg.2d9a28d831a2f07d2f5a5b90209f928c.jpg20240102190859_1.thumb.jpg.5a419b5e116bde5e539127898c9f1a00.jpg20240102190847_1.thumb.jpg.c466afb978e3106dea2d6e1b3d31a6b3.jpg

Thx for the answers. The Rust Devils are quiet present on my map. So for me it is an own fraction. I have to test it again, if I can catch / slave one again. But I once had the problem that they didn't get any tattoos as long as the faction system was on. I have to check this again, hence my question about the Rust Devils.

so I will have a look at redoing the faction system. (because I am questioning having the Captives as an option in ROF so there may be an active space for a faction to go)

4 hours ago, LoveBob said:

Because of the hair, I actually leave the unique NPCs as they are. The settlers and the slaves I catch from the raider fractions all look the same. It would be really good if you could give them a new hairstyle and get rid of the facepaint on their faces. But I think I read somewhere that Bethesda did something weird that it doesn't even work with the LooksMenu.

so leveled NPC's cannot be worked on properly (in regards to Hair cuts and maybe facepaints) because they are not unique and driven by traits (it is just one of those things)

I am/was looking at Scripted Face Tints (SFT) but no plans yet.

also I will be looking into solutions to the headpart issues (but one of the biggest issues is the retainment of the original headpart and I have no idea how to do that)

6 hours ago, fancylad said:

Would anyone happen to know why I receive this error in MO2 when installing ROF v2.440?

ROF v2_440 error.PNG

I will have a look, I don't think I changed anything there but I will check

edit-> yep, it is my fault, I will post an update/Fix in a short while

only update if you had problems installing ROF (nothing else has been changed)

v2.440b
---------------------------------

Fixed a couple of issues with FOMOD (I forgot to change the remove folders from FOMOD when I added the armors in the update before (v2.430))

12 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

I will have a look, I don't think I changed anything there but I will check

edit-> yep, it is my fault, I will post an update/Fix in a short while

Thanks for looking into it. I tried the new 2.440b update and I'm still getting the same error message.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, fancylad said:

Thanks for looking into it. I tried the new 2.440b update and I'm still getting the same error message.

I look again, which option are you using?

edit-> nevermind, within a few seconds of looking I found the issue. (I think this is it)

Edited by Invictusblade
14 hours ago, the.witcher said:

I just wanted to say that playing with 2.440 is going awesome so far. Everything seems to work properly out of the box, so far I've not noticed any of the previous bugs/glitches or non-working features.

"It just works" ;) Thank you @Invictusblade for making this awesome mod.

Thanks, at least it is getting better.

so the fix is either the...

1. the new updater (which refreshes the quests and arrays)

2. going back to the spell system (and leaving the armor to the corpses) *the armor system was too overpowered (it still worked but may have caused issues) **also the NONE issue.

3. something else

so my future plans are the following

slight reworking of the faction system (not sure how, maybe Formlists) *see if there is any factions I missed (such as sub-raider factions)

and I might add an addon manager plugin (but expect it to be basic)

5 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

Thanks, at least it is getting better.

so the fix is either the...

1. the new updater (which refreshes the quests and arrays)

2. going back to the spell system (and leaving the armor to the corpses) *the armor system was too overpowered (it still worked but may have caused issues) **also the NONE issue.

3. something else

so my future plans are the following

slight reworking of the faction system (not sure how, maybe Formlists) *see if there is any factions I missed (such as sub-raider factions)

and I might add an addon manager plugin (but expect it to be basic)

Any chance you will get back to Family Planning Redux?

2 hours ago, the.witcher said:

Any chance you will get back to Family Planning Redux?

I really should but...

so a few things

1. I am dreading returning to that thread (I haven't been there in a long while) *the same with Wasteland Dairy Framework

2. I have stopped playing Fallout 4 for the most part, (I do play around for a few hours or so when playing around with Random Overlay Framework) *I do want to get back into it

3. If I go back to FPER(and WDF) then I will need to go over the entire mod/scripts. (and I am not looking forward to that)

4. if I go back to it then I will most likely rename it to something else (to remove itself from the Original version because I feel guilty for causing confusion in that regards)

5. I still need to play the current games in my pile of shame (I uninstalled Starfield yesterday for not playing it for a few months. and I started playing Baldur's Gate 3 after not playing it for even longer(hopefully this time I stick to it)

my general point is this, I still enjoy making(and playing) Random Overlay Framework, but it simply doesn't carry over to my other mods.

On 1/3/2024 at 5:47 PM, Invictusblade said:

I look again, which option are you using?

edit-> nevermind, within a few seconds of looking I found the issue. (I think this is it)

That did it. Thank you.

I was able install the latest version of 2.440. However, the overlays don't seem to be applying automatically. I was using version 2.430a previously and everything seemed to work without issue then. I've tried reinstalling the mod while selecting different FOMOD options, starting multiple new games, and using the uninstall and refresh options provided in the MCM as described a bit earlier in this thread, but no luck.  I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but I'm not sure what it is.

1 hour ago, fancylad said:

That did it. Thank you.

I was able install the latest version of 2.440. However, the overlays don't seem to be applying automatically. I was using version 2.430a previously and everything seemed to work without issue then. I've tried reinstalling the mod while selecting different FOMOD options, starting multiple new games, and using the uninstall and refresh options provided in the MCM as described a bit earlier in this thread, but no luck.  I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but I'm not sure what it is.

so are you RE-visiting NPCs? (or visiting them for the first time)

if you are RE-visiting NPCs, then click the following commands "Add Overlays to a new group of NPC" (for a one time use) or "Group Distributor" (for automatic use every bah amount of time) *this is the very last command in the MCM (on the last page)

if they are new, please tell me which FOMOD distributor option, you have chosen?

21 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

so are you RE-visiting NPCs? (or visiting them for the first time)

if you are RE-visiting NPCs, then click the following commands "Add Overlays to a new group of NPC" (for a one time use) or "Group Distributor" (for automatic use every bah amount of time) *this is the very last command in the MCM (on the last page)

if they are new, please tell me which FOMOD distributor option, you have chosen?

My test cycle included starting a new game, visiting a small group of NPCs around Vault 111, visiting Diamond City, then visiting Goodneighbor. If I reinstalled the mod I would just start a new game, but if I wanted to try new MCM settings then I would just load of the autosave after leaving Vault 111. Either way, I would revisit the same locations in the same order.

Anyway, the "Group Distributor" command did the trick. The root of the issue was likely something dumb on my end, but everything seems to be working now. Thanks again for the help. ROF is a great mod and I'm really enjoying it so far.

On 1/13/2024 at 4:36 AM, Thndrwlkr said:

I just noticed that this will put tats on the mannequins added by MONSTERaider's Female Mannequin mod...kinda sweet, that.

I did not know that,

interesting idea for a tattoo parlor, have Mannequins with tattoos instead of the pictures of tattoos on the walls *ingame of course (if I get back into proper modding I might look into this)

so is everyone happy with the new update.

because I might change a little bit of the "Group Distributor" and redo the MCM commands for it (adding a hotkey also moving it to a different location) and post it to Nexus.

I must admit that I have been playing far too much GTA Online lately (so much easier to make money nowadays) *it was added to PSPlus which is why I am playing it again

Hi.

I want to congratulate the author on the breakthrough update that finally got this mod working well. Before that, I spent a lot of time in vain attempts to get any of the mod's stated functionality.

However, only those who do nothing are not mistaken. It seems to me that the mod does not support all mods with overlays that it claims. At least it seems to me that this applies to pubic hair overlays. Here's an excerpt from the Papyrus log.

[01/13/2024 - 09:59:43PM] Custom_strings_F_03_Mod is ws_pubes.esp
[01/13/2024 - 09:59:43PM] Total_strings_F.Length is 6
[01/13/2024 - 09:59:43PM] Total_strings_F is ["ws_pubes_patchy", "ws_pubes_tamed", "ws_pubes_fuzz", "ws_pubes_strip", "ws_pubes_reid", "ws_pubes_curtain"]
[01/13/2024 - 09:59:43PM] Array is working

As we can see, the mod only uses the overlays from CBBE Pubic Hair Overlays. To be sure, I did a search in this log file and here are the results:

Search for "lnrLMFO4AllInOne-AdditionalPubicHairOverlays.esp" (found 0 matches in 0 files out of 1)
Search for "lnrLMFO4AllInOne-PubesForeverOverlays.esp" (found 0 matches in 0 files out of 1)

I think this will be redundant, but I will say that I have all the supported mods installed.

Spoiler

Besides, I discovered something else. Papyrus' log is just overflowing with messages like this.

[01/13/2024 - 10:46:09PM] error: Cannot equip a None item
stack:
	[ (00002F1D)].Actor.EquipItem() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Item 2 in container  (00002F1D)].INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.OnContainerChanged() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.psc" Line 11
[01/13/2024 - 10:46:18PM] error: Cannot access an element of a None array
stack:
	[Item 1 in container  (00002F1D)].INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.AddMyHeadpart() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.psc" Line 26
	[Item 1 in container  (00002F1D)].INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.OnEquipped() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.psc" Line 18
[01/13/2024 - 10:46:18PM] error: Cannot ChangeHeadPart with a None item
stack:
	[ (00002F1D)].Actor.ChangeHeadPart() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Item 1 in container  (00002F1D)].INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.AddMyHeadpart() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.psc" Line 28
	[Item 1 in container  (00002F1D)].INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.OnEquipped() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.psc" Line 18

Are these records generated by your mod? If that's the case, I will say that I have the GOG version of the game installed. And of course, there are no Fallout files in Steam's library.

Spoiler

It's not a bad idea to note that a line in the log belongs to your mod like others do. For example:

[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 17
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 17...
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 18
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 18...
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 19
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 19...
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 20
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 20...
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Database cleanup completed.
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:43PM] FPA: New self esteem value: 100.000000

8 hours ago, evp said:

Hi.

I want to congratulate the author on the breakthrough update that finally got this mod working well. Before that, I spent a lot of time in vain attempts to get any of the mod's stated functionality.

However, only those who do nothing are not mistaken. It seems to me that the mod does not support all mods with overlays that it claims. At least it seems to me that this applies to pubic hair overlays. Here's an excerpt from the Papyrus log.

[01/13/2024 - 09:59:43PM] Custom_strings_F_03_Mod is ws_pubes.esp
[01/13/2024 - 09:59:43PM] Total_strings_F.Length is 6
[01/13/2024 - 09:59:43PM] Total_strings_F is ["ws_pubes_patchy", "ws_pubes_tamed", "ws_pubes_fuzz", "ws_pubes_strip", "ws_pubes_reid", "ws_pubes_curtain"]
[01/13/2024 - 09:59:43PM] Array is working

As we can see, the mod only uses the overlays from CBBE Pubic Hair Overlays. To be sure, I did a search in this log file and here are the results:

Search for "lnrLMFO4AllInOne-AdditionalPubicHairOverlays.esp" (found 0 matches in 0 files out of 1)
Search for "lnrLMFO4AllInOne-PubesForeverOverlays.esp" (found 0 matches in 0 files out of 1)

I think this will be redundant, but I will say that I have all the supported mods installed.

Reveal hidden contents

Besides, I discovered something else. Papyrus' log is just overflowing with messages like this.

[01/13/2024 - 10:46:09PM] error: Cannot equip a None item
stack:
	[ (00002F1D)].Actor.EquipItem() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Item 2 in container  (00002F1D)].INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.OnContainerChanged() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.psc" Line 11
[01/13/2024 - 10:46:18PM] error: Cannot access an element of a None array
stack:
	[Item 1 in container  (00002F1D)].INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.AddMyHeadpart() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.psc" Line 26
[01/13/2024 - 10:46:18PM] error: Cannot ChangeHeadPart with a None item
stack:
	[ (00002F1D)].Actor.ChangeHeadPart() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Item 1 in container  (00002F1D)].INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.AddMyHeadpart() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\INVB_Headpart_Instant_Global.psc" Line 28

Are these records generated by your mod? If that's the case, I will say that I have the GOG version of the game installed. And of course, there are no Fallout files in Steam's library.

Reveal hidden contents

It's not a bad idea to note that a line in the log belongs to your mod like others do. For example:

[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 17
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 17...
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 18
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 18...
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 19
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 19...
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 20
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:41PM] [DD]: Sorting database 20...
[01/13/2024 - 10:29:43PM] FPA: New self esteem value: 100.000000

I should make a change to the script to ignore the ESM/ESP/ESL

because ROF does support lnrLMFO4AllInOne-AdditionalPubicHairOverlays.esl and lnrLMFO4AllInOne-PubesForeverOverlays.esl

(and not lnrLMFO4AllInOne-AdditionalPubicHairOverlays.esp and lnrLMFO4AllInOne-PubesForeverOverlays.esp)

Thank you. Reinstalling these mods in their *.esl versions is no problem.

What do you say about the incorrect paths in the Papyrus logs? Is your mod responsible for these errors, if they are errors of course? :)

11 hours ago, evp said:

Thank you. Reinstalling these mods in their *.esl versions is no problem.

What do you say about the incorrect paths in the Papyrus logs? Is your mod responsible for these errors, if they are errors of course? :)

I looked into the redoing the script (adding a ESM/ESL/ESP thing) proved to be a bit harder than I was expecting (I will look into it again)

edit-> nevermind, I found an easy method if it works

the NONE issue is a known problem and I have no idea how to fix it yet.

Edited by Invictusblade

Here's something else I've noticed. Before the last update, I could edit slaves captured within the JustBusiness_0.7.6 mod via LooksMenu. You know, there's a dialog option there that opens the slave in the editor. The slave appears in the editor completely undressed.

I have three slave girls that follow me around like companions. For some reason after updating your mod, these slaves did not get the overlays. This in itself is not a problem that needs to be fixed immediately. But then strange things started happening.

I open these slaves in LooksMenu with the intention of giving them overlays, but 5-10 seconds after I start editing, they start having random overlays, probably inspired by your mod. Also, they suddenly start equipping armor on them. This happens even if I took all their armor from their inventory beforehand. And one more oddity. The overlays they get automatically are visible visually on their body, but they are not marked in the corresponding LooksMenu options. And thus I can't remove these overlays. Moreover, my manually assigned overlays are applied in the editor, but after closing it, the slaves are left with only the automatically applied overlays.

It's definitely not what you'd like - Random Overlay Framework working inside LooksMenu?

PS. The fucking problem with invisible bodies still hasn't been completely solved, though it's largely bought down. Oddly enough, sometimes my slave girls disappear right in front of my eyes. It seems a bit shocking. I look at her and suddenly she dissolves. If she's not wearing armor, I can only guess about the presence of a slave next to me because the sight, accidentally aimed at such a slave, goes into the mode of the possibility of dialogue.

Do you understand? Usually in the disappearing bodies bug, the head and hands remain visible. The same thing happens to my slaves. However, sometimes they disappear completely. Not even the head and hands are visible.

Edited by evp